PDA

View Full Version : Ioannis Bourousis Have Been Contact

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:12 PM
He have been contact by some NBA teams after Olympia. He is with Olympiacos so I not care if he goes from Greece. He have big contract much more then Spurs can pay now.

But this is one for Spurs to watch if true some NBA teams have contact him and hope he can come. One team mention interest in him is Rockets. Can plays the power forward and he also plays center.

7-1 and he is huge player with very long arms and huge body. He is strong low post player with good low post moves, strong dunker and also he is good 3 point shooter. He is much superior to Oberto. Maybe he can be Spurs center somehow.

The scouts report

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Yiannis-Bouroussis-118/

The Top Overseas Free Agents on the 2007 Market (Part Three)
July 7, 2007
A 23-year old center who only started playing organized basketball 5 years ago after giving up on his career as a swimmer, Yiannis Bouroussis made serious enough strides this past season to earn himself a rightful spot on this list—one that he probably won’t be relinquishing anytime soon until he makes his way over.

A legit 7-footer with a huge frame and a very nice wingspan, Bouroussis looks the part and then some. And while he is not a spectacular athlete by any stretch, particularly in the way he gets off the floor to finish around the basket, he moves well enough and is fluid and coordinated to the point that this won’t be what’s holding him back either.

Skill-wise, Bouroussis is intriguing as well. He has a beautiful looking flat-footed stroke with range that extends past the European 3-point line, and the touch to punish any rival that dares leave him open from there. His quick release combined with his size establish him as a fantastic option to space the floor for his team from the perimeter, and he’s talented enough to present himself as a pick and pop threat from mid-range as well.

Bouroussis’ bread and butter this year lied in his ability to play the pick and roll, though. Whether setting the pick himself and rolling to the hoop or coming off a secondary screen as the cutter following one of his guards forays into the paint, he established himself as an incredibly reliable presence in the paint thanks to his fantastic hands and very sure touch around the hoop. His strength helped him here as well, as he can take contact and finish around the hoop fairly well thanks to his great frame.

Leading the Euroleague in Field Goal Percentage (at a ridiculous 76.5%), shooting 41% from behind the arc, finishing fourth in the Greek league in rebounds and second in blocks, there is a lot to like about the way his season went. What might even be considered more frustrating is the fact that he often did not see as much playing time as you might have hoped considering his production—averaging just under 9 points and 6 rebounds in just 16 minutes per game. In fact, he only played a total of 6 minutes in Olimpiacos’ first five Euroleague games, immediately beginning to produce as soon as he was thrown on to the floor.

It’s with those numbers that we wonder just how much room he has left to grow when considering his learning curve—he could barely get off the bench for AEK Athens just two years ago, and is now one of the best centers in Europe. Bouroussis still hasn’t played for the Greek national team much either—its almost a give-in that he will surpass Sofoklis Schortsanitis on the team’s depth chart this summer at the European Championships in Spain. It’s there that his notoriety could grow amongst NBA personnel that somehow missed the terrific outbursts he had in the Euroleague (for example 16 points, 6 rebounds in 22 minutes at CSKA).

What that does for his ability to join the NBA is still a bit up in the air, though, even if he probably isn’t athletic enough to be considered more than just a nice backup in today’s NBA regardless. He just signed a four year contract with Olimpiacos last year according to his agent Costas Papadakis of First Class Management, and only has an NBA out clause in 2009. Papadakis says that as many as ten teams have regardless expressed interest, and that Bouroussis “does have a desire to play in the NBA, like all players.” In his opinion he will need at least one more year in Greece, since he still is very far from reaching his full potential as a player due to the fact that he started playing the game much later than most, at age 18. But, as Papadakis explained, “when the time is correct, he’ll surely be interested.”
[Read Full Article]
Yiannis Bouroussis NBA Draft Scouting Report
March 13, 2005
Strengths
Ultra talented big man, with big potential and unlimited strength. Long, lanky and athletic, Bouroussis is not your average European young big body. He's very well built, not soft at all. He plays with a strong and powerful game, and can cause many problems to any defender as he can score in many ways, both under the basket and the perimeter. He runs the floor well, is a very good rebounder, an exceptional athlete for a European his size, and a player with a good knowledge of basketball fundamentals. He can use his body well in defense and can post up successfully too, but only when he wants too. His slashing ability is quite good, which is especially rare for such a big player. He can pull out of the paint and shoot, or even fire from downtown, as he has worked on his shot with patience, improving his shooting touch significantly, to the point that he is now an above average three-point shooter. He is pretty confident on the perimeter. In a word, he is a great talent

DPG21920
08-25-2008, 11:14 PM
What is the latest on Spanoulis and the Spurs?

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:16 PM
1. Who?

2. Who cares?

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:17 PM
What is the latest on Spanoulis and the Spurs?

I have not hear anything. All I know he was offer contract at Olympic qualification and then they would discuss after Olympics. But contract is much smaller than he earn in Panathinaikos.

He will come for sure to Spurs in 2010 but is hard to come now because of money issue with Spurs cap. But Spurs is try to convince him and keep wait to sign some other players because of this. This all I know from 3 weeks ago maybe.

jag
08-25-2008, 11:18 PM
KBP has no shame

DPG21920
08-25-2008, 11:20 PM
KBP has no shame

Ha ha. I love it! I just hope that the Spanoulis news it true.

PanathinaikosDynasty
08-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Jerk fuck here don't ever deserve max #1 player of Greece. Kill_Bill, you see my son at bath house and never stop even tickle his balls?

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:25 PM
1. Who?

2. Who cares?

He is now become second best player of Greece after Spanoulis. He is now better than other Greek players like Fotsis, Papaloukas, Diamantidis.

In Olympics he average

12 points and 5 rebounds in 23 minutes
71% FG

He never play game until age 18 so has take him longer to develop but he is getting there now. Some teams like Grizzlies and Rockets and some others want him.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Jerk fuck here don't ever deserve max #1 player of Greece. Kill_Bill, you see my son at bath house and never stop even tickle his balls?

You is obvious example of pousti.

nomanches
08-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I have not hear anything. All I know he was offer contract at Olympic qualification and then they would discuss after Olympics. But contract is much smaller than he earn in Panathinaikos.

I've been searching this and found nothing. Where did you hear this you liar?

DPG21920
08-25-2008, 11:27 PM
He posted the article earlier

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I've been searching this and found nothing. Where did you hear this you liar?

I not remember but is in one of Greek sports papers.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Sounds like he will never leave the $200,000,000 tax free contracts of Greece.

nomanches
08-25-2008, 11:29 PM
:toast well ok then. :lol

DPG21920
08-25-2008, 11:30 PM

Haaaaaaaaaaaa. But in all seriousness, I hope the Spurs get him, he would help.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:32 PM

Bourousis is make like same as $4 million per year in NBA but he have NBA opt out clause in contract after next season. He say he will leave for NBA next year.

WGAF
08-25-2008, 11:38 PM
He have been contact by some NBA teams after Olympia. He is with Olympiacos so I not care if he goes from Greece. He have big contract much more then Spurs can pay now.

Blah blah blah Comcast Boy.

WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
This all I can find in youtube but you can see he move good for 7-1 center.

lFZDO5TZre4

70IQF1_Wek0

MgTZlrogzZ0

BVY6GhduqX0

U4ypa0jjTGQ

rrGArI-2ycA

YoppONxEDD0

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
So the answer to my second question is "no one."

You can bump this next summer.

GSH
08-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I have it on good authority (Polandprezm) that Bourousis and Spanoulis are both unable to come play in the NBA because they have received cortisone shots which would be detected by drug testing, and that everyone knows the NBA only enforces its substance abuse policies against foreign players.

It's sad, really. The thought of a Spurs team with Bourosis and Spanoulis excited me to no end. (Heh... Bourosis and Spanoulis... sounds like something you would go to a dermatologist to get treated.)

anakha
08-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh look, the American poster playing Greek Borat is back.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-25-2008, 11:49 PM
He is player wears #5 in this video remember is 7-1 center

9WKT8ggxxl8

Dex
08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I don't see how a bunch of polar lights in the sky are going to help us against this tough Western Conference.

cherylsteele
08-26-2008, 01:51 AM
He is player wears #5 in this video remember is 7-1 center

9WKT8ggxxl8
I only saw a #5 once or twice in that video, and he didn't do a damn thing.

mountainballer
08-26-2008, 04:25 AM
He is now become second best player of Greece after Spanoulis. He is now better than other Greek players like Fotsis, Papaloukas, Diamantidis.

that's bad news.
I once thought he might be interesting for the NBA, but if he isn't better than a player, who obviously wasn't good enough for the league, he won't be either.
it's just a fact that Greek players are not good enough for the NBA. likely because they are not tough enough.
Argentinians are. Spanish are. French are. Serbians are. Croatians are. Slovenians are. Turkish are. Greek are not.

TDMVPDPOY
08-26-2008, 04:33 AM
another shit kent from greece hahaha

dude stop with teh scout reports

stxspurs
08-26-2008, 07:58 AM
in 2010 spurs wont need him

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
that's bad news.
I once thought he might be interesting for the NBA, but if he isn't better than a player, who obviously wasn't good enough for the league, he won't be either.
it's just a fact that Greek players are not good enough for the NBA. likely because they are not tough enough.
Argentinians are. Spanish are. French are. Serbians are. Croatians are. Slovenians are. Turkish are. Greek are not.

Spanoulis and Bourousis are better then most NBA ballers.

Buddy Holly
08-26-2008, 11:19 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a3/Comcast_Logo.svg/800px-Comcast_Logo.svg.png

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Spanoulis and Bourousis are better then most NBA ballers.Why did they suck when Greece lost so badly to the US?

mountainballer
08-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Why did they suck when Greece lost so badly to the US?

game just coincided with their daily walkout.

Ice009
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Spanoulis and Bourousis are better then most NBA ballers.

Where is he then??? Why isn't he in the NBA?

If he wants to prove that to us he needs to be in the NBA and show us, until then I don't give a shit how good people say he is. If he wants some respect from a lot of the people here he's going to have to earn it in the NBA. Like Mountainballer said does he have the mental toughness to do this?

rAm
08-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Everyone should get off KBP's back man. People suggest the most retarded shit in this forum, and "most" of the time KBP brings some info. Be it worthless or not, you can't blame him for having passion for his country's players.

PanathinaikosDynasty
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
You is obvious example of pousti.

I learn pousti watch you + my son of older. It ok we win #1 title then Ben Jordon quit Bulls come to shit Olympiacos.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Here is his site and his English is ok.

http://www.bourousis.gr/index.php?lang=en

Biggems
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Greek players suck.........unless their name is Rony Seikaly.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Greek players suck.........unless their name is Rony Seikaly.

He is not even best Greek player idiot.

Biggems
08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes he was you moron.......He was born in Lebanon and is 1/2 American but moved to Greece when he was 3......he graduated from HS in Greece and went on to attend Syracuse University.

I figured someone who is allegedly versed in the Greek world would know this......

Since Seikaly is one of my all-time players, I kinda knew where he grew up.

so KBP.....go watch film of some obscure nobody that none of us give a rats ass about and spend the next week defending your stance on said nobody.....

wisnub
08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I dont understand why some people in this forum hate the guy so much. I mean I bet you never heard that name before. Actually this is the first time I heard about 7.1 Bourousis as well, and I dont know if he;s gonna be good,is it possible for him to play here or not but at least I watch all clips and datas before making any judgement. Spurs is full of overseas scouts, and believe me it bored me to death. Is it because he is a Greek? or u just dont want to be open minded? At this time I take any help that we can, improvement is badly needed..clock is ticking our superstars are not getting younger

Mister Sinister
08-27-2008, 12:12 AM
I dont understand why some people in this forum hate the guy so much.
He's obnoxious and a fraud, off the top of my head.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Yes he was you moron.......He was born in Lebanon and is 1/2 American but moved to Greece when he was 3......he graduated from HS in Greece and went on to attend Syracuse University.

I figured someone who is allegedly versed in the Greek world would know this......

Since Seikaly is one of my all-time players, I kinda knew where he grew up.

so KBP.....go watch film of some obscure nobody that none of us give a rats ass about and spend the next week defending your stance on said nobody.....

He is NOT best Greek player idiot.

anakha
08-27-2008, 04:11 AM

So, Spanoulis is the best Greek player-idiot? :lmao

bigdog
08-27-2008, 05:32 AM
I wish the season would start already.

raspsa
08-27-2008, 07:00 AM
The last time the Spurs signed a former competitive swimmer standing 7 feet tall they did pretty well.. I'd hire him just for the chance to see him go head-to-head vs Duncan in the pool..:lol

Biggems
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM

Yes he is IDIOT, MORON, BAFOON, GOOBER, NUMBNUTS, SHIT FOR BRAINS, ASS CLOWN.........now run along you silly poser.....try to spread more bullshit at another forum, cause over here, we know you are nothing more than a no-knowledge dweeb. half the players you bring up couldn't hold the jock of players like Fennis Dembo, Cherokee Parks, or even our very own Derrick Dial. If these guys were worth a hill of snot, then there would be more written about them from sources other than yourself. Just because you are infatuated with scrubs, doesn't mean we are, so stop trying to spoon feed this crap to us as if we are infants in a high chair.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Yes he is IDIOT, MORON, BAFOON, GOOBER, NUMBNUTS, SHIT FOR BRAINS, ASS CLOWN.........now run along you silly poser.....try to spread more bullshit at another forum, cause over here, we know you are nothing more than a no-knowledge dweeb. half the players you bring up couldn't hold the jock of players like Fennis Dembo, Cherokee Parks, or even our very own Derrick Dial. If these guys were worth a hill of snot, then there would be more written about them from sources other than yourself. Just because you are infatuated with scrubs, doesn't mean we are, so stop trying to spoon feed this crap to us as if we are infants in a high chair.

best Greek player is not him. Spanoulis have chance maybe at end of his career but for now not him either, is still THIS player

--9rwZE65TA&fmt=18

93qc8EzsohM&fmt=18

gjKjvNVidNw&fmt=18

xBPxuEx14xA&fmt=18

6FPoRLDFAE4&fmt=18

PVAX0-s-9gc&fmt=18

a9dBn72HRn8&fmt=18

7O4AMIwUldM&fmt=18

Y0WksjIdObI&fmt=18

hNEOx-ThJ_s&fmt=18

XVp8Fya1uis&fmt=18

5BSlmpp7TSo&fmt=18

MYsPriX6el0&fmt=18

KCHEMgW3Oz0&fmt=18

2PYutPDp3cM&fmt=18

vj_GmP8jiyY&fmt=18

61voCk8ENzA&fmt=18

rejJGHYFy78&fmt=18

Seikaly is not comparable to greatest European player ever live idiot.

stxspurs
08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
nothing impressive.....sorry

OPA!!!!!

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Yes nothing impressive about such player

:rolleyes

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_N27pw3E0IEQwyW1SY,jjq1.coid_TAEWX2DlJdkjxfsVfU ULa3.articleMode_on.html

Nikos Galis Europe's Greatest Ever Scorer

Since the birth of the European Championships in 1935 and the first European club competition in 1958, literally thousands of players have stepped up to play at the top level. Yet few have had the impact on the record books as that of former Greek superstar, Nick Galis.

Playing in the 1980‘s and early 1990‘s, Galis literally broke scoring records in almost every competition he entered, playing for Aris Thessaloniki and Panathinaikos Athens. He also masterminded the greatest ever achievement of any Greek national team, namely a gold medal at the 1987 European Championship.

Galis displaying his deadly shooting touch
“I’d love to play with Galis in the same team,” said the legendary Drazen Petrovic before his death in 1993.

“I would assist him the ball and he would put it in the basket.”

Nick Galis, a 183 cm guard, was born in New Jersey (USA) on July 23rd 1957. Although he was not born on Greek soil, his Greek nationality was unquestionable. His parents, Giorgos and Stella, hailed from the island of Rhodos and when Galis first came to Greece he was known as Nickos Georgalis-Galis.

Galis’ first sport was actually boxing, but his mother soon put the clamps on his burgeoning career. Her horror at seeing her son come home every day with a new facial injury led to Galis taking up basketball and in 1970 began to play at Union Hill High School.

His prep career was successful enough to earn him a scholarship to the University of Seton Hall and he did not disappoint. In his junior year (1977-78) he averaged 17.3 ppg and as a senior he led the nation in scoring (Indiana State forward Larry Bird was second) at 27.5 ppg, with a career high 48 points against the University of Santa Clara.

Galis was chosen at no. 68 by the Boston Celtics in the 1979 NBA draft, but elected instead to pursue a professional career in Greece.

It was a decision which would literally change the future of Greek basketball.

Panathinaikos and Olympiakos had showed some interest in the newcomer, but it was Aris Thessaloniki who were the most active club. Giorgos Tsiligaridis was sent by Aris to the USA to convince Galis to sign with his team and he managed to return with his signature on a contract.

Galis came to Thessaloniki at the start of the 1979-1980 and it took the young guard all of one game to show his potential. In his debut he lit up rival Thessaloniki club Iraklis for 30 points and an epic career was underway.

Galis’ career is perhaps best summed up by the record books. He played 13 seasons with Aris, winning eight Greek titles, five Greek Cups, one Korac Cup (1985) and also making three EuroLeague Final Four appearances. Of the eight Greek titles, six were consecutive during which Aris put together a remarkable 80 game winning streak.

Along with the team success came the individual accolades. Galis led the Greek League in scoring in every single one of his 15 seasons. He is the league’s all-time leading scorer with a total of 12,849 points in 384 games and a remarkable average of 33.4 ppg.

His career high output was 62 points which came against Nikeas-Aris in 1981. He also torched Panellinios for 57 points in the 1987 final of the Greek Cup and his career high in European competition was 57 against Venice during the 1981 Korac Cup.

Galis was also a loyal servant of the Greek national team. His first game came during the 1980 pre-Olympic tournament and he would go on to play 168 times for his country. He is second on the all-time scoring list to former Aris team-mate Panagiotis Yiannakis at 5,130 points (Yiannakis scored 5,282 points in 351 games for Greece).

Galis’ crowning glory came literally during the 1987 European Championship which was held in Greece. He led his side to the gold medal and also earned tournament MVP honours in the process. He naturally led all players in scoring, including 40 points in the final, a 103-101 victory over the Soviet Union.

That performance led former Soviet Union star Sergey Belov to comment:

“I admire him. When he plays one against one there is no way to stop him. I never thought that could be a player who could on his own beat the Soviet Union.”

The praise from the Soviet Union continued in the form of coach Alexander Gomelski, who called Galis the “player of the 21st century”.

Galis also won a sliver medal at the 1989 European Championship in Zagreb and participated in a total of five European Championships. He was the top scorer at all of them except for the 1989 Championship. Galis participated in one World Championship in 1986, where he again led all players in scoring, and had a 53-point outburst against Panama.

Galis’ ability to put the ball in the basket compounded opposing players and coaches alike.

“I feel that if Galis wants to make a basket, he will do it no matter who his opponent is,” said Lithuanian star Arvydas Sabonis.

For those coaches who he came up against, most strategies to stop him proved futile. Former Nashua Den Bosh coach Rood Harrewain advocated locking Galis in the dressing room before the game, while Wojeck Krajowski of Lech Poznan looked to a higher power:

“Before the game we made our plans on how we will stop the four players of Aris,” he said following a European club competition game.

“For Galis, we made our prayers…”

In some ways, Galis’ scoring feats overshadow the fact that he was also a great playmaker. In 1990 he dished 23 assists in a European Cup game against Finish side Uusikaoupounk and in the 1992/93 season with Panathinaikos he was the Greek League’s best passer at 6.7 apg. During that season he also recorded a remarkable double-double, hitting a perfect 13/13 field goals and dishing 19 assists against former side Aris.

After he stopped playing basketball, Galis founded a Basketball Camp for kids at the village of Pefkochori in Halkidiki. This camp every year has more than 3, 000 kids who learn basketball from the great Nick.

Nick Galis - Scoring Machine

Competition Games Points Average
Greek League 384 12,849 33.4
Greek Cup 55 1,935 35.2
European Cups 146 4,807 32.9
National Team 168 5,130 30.5
Total 753 24,721 32.8

Titles
Competition Titles Year
Greek Championship 8 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, all with Aris Thessaloniki
Greek Cup 6
1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992 with Aris, 1993 with Panathinaikos
European Championship for Men 2

Gold 1987, Silver 1989
European Championship for Clubs Final-Four 4 1988 4th, 1989 4th, 1990 3rd, 1994 3rd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Galis

Nick Galis (born July 23rd, 1957 in New Jersey, USA), known in Greece as Nikos Galis (Greek: Νίκος Γκάλης), is a retired Greek American professional basketball player and a member of the FIBA Hall of Fame. [1] Widely regarded as one of Europe's all-time greats in the sport, Galis is revered in Greece and is considered by many to be the greatest athlete the country has ever known.

Early Years

The child of a poor immigrant family from Rhodes, Greece, Nick took up boxing in his early years, his father George Georgalis having been a very good boxer in his youth. He was persuaded to give up boxing by his mother, who was shaking with fright every afternoon that her son would return with a new facial injury. As a result, he started playing basketball and attended Union Hill High School in Union City, New Jersey. [2]

After high school, Galis enrolled at Seton Hall University as a college basketball player. In his senior season, Galis, a shooting guard, saw his scoring average reach 27.5 points per game, which led the nation. This included a 48 point outburst against the University of Santa Clara. The famous Boston Celtics player Larry Bird was second in the nation in scoring that season. [3] Galis' agent, Bill Manon, who also managed Diana Ross, did not have Galis work out with any NBA team. [4] Galis was eventually selected by the Boston Celtics in the 4th round of the 1979 NBA Draft, 68th overall.[2]

Due to a severe injury that he suffered during the Celtics pre-season training camp, the franchise was no longer interested in offering him a contract because Gerald Henderson had taken his place [3] and his injury would keep him out for the foreseeable future. It was then that Galis decided to pursue a professional career in Greece's A1 League.

Career in Greece

Galis made the move across the Atlantic and signed to play with Aris of Thessaloniki, Greece in 1979. Panathinaikos and Olympiacos had also shown some interest in signing the newcomer, but it was Aris' interest that was the most persuasive. [2] His move to the country helped Greek basketball reach heights never before imagined. He played in the 1986 FIBA World Championship, where he led all players in scoring average with 33.0 points per game. In that tournament, he had a 56 point outburst against the Panamanian National Team.

Galis next led the Greek National Team to the Eurobasket 1987 gold medal. Averaging 37.0 points per game during the tournament, he was named MVP after scoring 40 points in the final against the Soviet National Team and its legendary player Šarūnas Marčiulionis for a 103-101 victory.

Galis also led Greece to the second place at Eurobasket 1989, averaging 35.6 points per game. Galis is remembered for a stunning effort against the Soviet team led by Marčiulionis and its other star player, Arvydas Sabonis, in the semi-final game. He scored 45 out of his team's 81 total points in a dramatic, last-gasp 81-80 victory. [4] The team settled for a second place finish against the ever-dominant Yugoslavian National Team.

Aris Thessaloniki

Averaging more than 30 points per game every season, Galis was the indisputable leader of Aris BC. Playing alongside other great players at Aris such as Panagiotis Giannakis and Slobodan Subotić, Galis won 8 Greek Championships (7 of them consecutively and 3 undefeated, in the years 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991), 6 Greek Cups (4 of them consecutively, in the years 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992), and led Aris to 3 consecutive appearances at the European Champions' Cup Final Four (1988-1990). In the one disappointment of an otherwise glittering career with Aris, all three European Champions' Cup appearances ended in defeat in the semi-finals, thus depriving him of the opportunity to shine on Europe's biggest club stage. [2] The team's performances and general standard of play however won the heart of every basketball fan in Greece, as well as creating thousands more Aris supporters. Indeed, cinemas and theaters would often reduce their admission prices on Thursday evenings when Aris was playing and the entire country settled down to watch them on television.

Panathinaikos Athens

After a disappointing season in 1992, Galis was forced to leave Aris. [5] The new president of Aris and the fact that the team was then in decay were the main causes for his departure. Galis, who adored Thessaloniki, insisted about remaining in the club and playing for the team, as he believed that he still could offer much. Giorgos Rampotas, his personal trainer and friend, writes in "Galis' Biography" that Thessaloniki was what mattered most to Galis. Consequently, after he was forced to leave he even contemplated playing for Aris' greatest opponent PAOK, but he never actually decided to do so. [6]

Galis ended up moving to Athens, and specifically Panathinaikos, where he only managed to win one Greek Cup in 1993, his 7th Greek Cup. The following year, he returned to the European Champions' Cup Final Four with Panathinaikos, but as in his previous three attempts with Aris, he lost in the semi-finals and had to be content with being the top scorer in the 3rd-place match against FC Barcelona. His career ended controversially in 1994, when Kostas Politis (the then coach of Panathinaikos) chose not to include him in the starting line-up of a Greek Championship game against Ambelokipi. Galis left the court, never again to return to action. [7]

Retirement

Since his official retirement on September 29, 1995, and up until early 2006, he has been the owner of a summer basketball camp in Halkidiki, Greece. The basketball camp is listed at the Athens Stock Exchange. [8] As a token of appreciation for his contribution to Greek sport, Galis was chosen to be the first torch bearer in the final round of the Olympic Flame for the Athens 2004 Olympics. Galis entered the stadium at the conclusion of the Opening Ceremony and set off the procession of the flame to the altar.

In September of 2007, Nikos Galis was elected as a member of the first class of the FIBA Hall of Fame, which includes the best basketball players in the history of the game internationally. Galis was inducted as a player. Bill Russell of the famous Boston Celtics dynasty was another one of the 16 inaugural player inductees. Galis is also a member of the Greek Basketball Hall of Fame, inducted as a player. Galis is married to Eleni Panagiotou and he has one daughter, named Stella.

Player Profile

It has been noted that Galis was not only a legendary scorer, but was also a great play maker and passer. [2] The vast majority of his points scored came inside the paint area due to his penetrating ability. [9] Another enormous competitive advantage that Galis possessed was his incredible stamina, which was due to his exemplary physical condition. At the Eurobasket 1987, he was never once substituted out of any game after the second day of the competition. [9]

He averaged 33.0 points per game at the Eurobasket 1983, 33.7 points per game at the 1986 FIBA World Championship, 37.0 points per game at the Eurobasket 1987, 35.6 points per game at the Eurobasket 1989, and 32.4 points per game at the Eurobasket 1991. Galis was only a 1.86 m (6'1 1/4") tall shooting guard. In every one of the games that Galis played in these tournaments, the entire defenses of every opposing team was focused on stopping his scoring outbursts.

Personal Achievements

Career

* In 854 official career games played (including his college games), Galis scored a total of 25,995 points, for a scoring average of 30.4 points per game.
* In 753 career games played (excluding his college games), Galis scored a total of 24,721 points, for a career scoring average of 32.8 points per game.
* His career scoring average in the Greek League was 33.4 points per game.
* His career scoring average in the Greek Cup was 35.2 points per game.
* His career scoring average in European continental club competitions was 32.9 points per game.
* Along with Panagiotis Giannakis he led Aris BC to an 80 game winning streak in the 1980s.

Greek National Team

* In 168 FIBA games played with the Greek National Basketball Team, he averaged 30.5 points per game.
* Galis was the leading scorer in every major European and world international competition that he participated in from 1983 onwards, the Eurobasket 1983, the 1986 FIBA World Championship, the Eurobasket 1987, the Eurobasket 1989, and the Eurobasket 1991.

Single Game Achievements Pro Career

* His personal scoring record in one game was 62 points, achieved in a Greek League game in 1981 (Aris vs. Ionikos Nikaias). However, in the same game, Ionikos' superstar Panagiotis Giannakis, who would later go on to become Galis' teammate on Aris, scored 73 points.
* In 1981, he also had a 61 point game against Iraklis.
* Also in 1981, he accomplished his career scoring high in a European continental competition, as he scored 57 points against Pallacanestro Venezia during the 1981 Korac Cup.
* His high scoring game in the Greek Cup was 57 points against Panellinios in the 1987 Cup final.
* Also in 1987, he scored his career high in points in the old FIBA Champions' Cup (now called the Euroleague), as he scored 50 points in a game against Tracer Milano.
* He also holds 4 of the top 15 all-time individual scoring games in the Euroleague's modern record era (since 1991-1992).
* He scored 55 or more points in a game 10 times in his professional club career while playing with Aris Thessaloniki and Panathinaikos Athens.
* In 1990, in a FIBA Champions' Cup (now called the Euroleague) game versus Korihait Uusikaoupounk, he dished out 23 FIBA assists, which is still the all-time single game assist record.
* In 1993, while playing with Panathinaikos in a revenge game against his former team Aris, he had a game for the ages. Galis shot 13/13 from the field and recorded 19 FIBA assists in the game.

Single Game Achievements Greek National Team

* At the 1986 FIBA World Championship, he scored 56 points in a game against the Panamanian National Team.
* In the Eurobasket 1987 final, he scored 40 points against the Soviet National Team.
* In the Eurobasket 1989 semifinal, he scored 45 points against the Soviet National Team.

Team Titles and Personal Awards

Galis won numerous titles and awards during his career. The following are some of them: [2]

Aris and Panathinaikos

* 8 Greek Championships: 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
* 7 Greek Cups: 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993
* In total, he won 15 championships in his pro club career as a player.
* 4-time Greek League regular season Most Valuable Player: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
* 5-time Greek League playoff Most Valuable Player: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
* 6-time Greek Cup Most Valuable Player: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993
* 15-time Greek League Scoring Champion: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
* 4-time Greek League Assist Leader: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
* Euroleague Assist Leader: 1994
* 2-time Euroleague Scoring Champion (since 1991-1992 era): 1992 (32.2 ppg), 1994 (23.8 ppg)
* Member of the Greek Basketball Hall of Fame
* Selected to the Euroleague's 50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors as one of the Euroleague's 35 greatest all time players in 2008

Greek National Team

* 1986 FIBA World Championship Scoring Champion: 1986 (33.7 ppg)
* Eurobasket 1987 Gold Medal
* Eurobasket 1987 All-Tournament Team
* Eurobasket 1987 Most Valuable Player
* Eurobasket 1989 Silver Medal
* Eurobasket 1989 All-Tournament Team
* Eurobasket 1991 All-Tournament Team
* 4-time European Championship Scoring Champion: 1983 (33.0 ppg), 1987 (37.0 ppg), 1989 (35.6 ppg), 1991 (32.4 ppg)
* FIBA Europe European Player of the Year 1987
* FIBA Hall of Fame 2007

FilSpursFan
08-27-2008, 10:01 PM
So, Spanoulis is the best Greek player-idiot? :lmao

Spanoulis is an idiot??? :lol:lol:lol

spursnatic
08-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I give proof Kill_Bill_Pana deep throated my cock last night, while I watched the USA win gold in basketball!! Fucking jerk-off!!:lol:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Biggems
08-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes nothing impressive about such player

:rolleyes

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_N27pw3E0IEQwyW1SY,jjq1.coid_TAEWX2DlJdkjxfsVfU ULa3.articleMode_on.html

Nikos Galis Europe's Greatest Ever Scorer

Since the birth of the European Championships in 1935 and the first European club competition in 1958, literally thousands of players have stepped up to play at the top level. Yet few have had the impact on the record books as that of former Greek superstar, Nick Galis.

Playing in the 1980‘s and early 1990‘s, Galis literally broke scoring records in almost every competition he entered, playing for Aris Thessaloniki and Panathinaikos Athens. He also masterminded the greatest ever achievement of any Greek national team, namely a gold medal at the 1987 European Championship.

Galis displaying his deadly shooting touch
“I’d love to play with Galis in the same team,” said the legendary Drazen Petrovic before his death in 1993.

“I would assist him the ball and he would put it in the basket.”

Nick Galis, a 183 cm guard, was born in New Jersey (USA) on July 23rd 1957. Although he was not born on Greek soil, his Greek nationality was unquestionable. His parents, Giorgos and Stella, hailed from the island of Rhodos and when Galis first came to Greece he was known as Nickos Georgalis-Galis.

Galis’ first sport was actually boxing, but his mother soon put the clamps on his burgeoning career. Her horror at seeing her son come home every day with a new facial injury led to Galis taking up basketball and in 1970 began to play at Union Hill High School.

His prep career was successful enough to earn him a scholarship to the University of Seton Hall and he did not disappoint. In his junior year (1977-78) he averaged 17.3 ppg and as a senior he led the nation in scoring (Indiana State forward Larry Bird was second) at 27.5 ppg, with a career high 48 points against the University of Santa Clara.

Galis was chosen at no. 68 by the Boston Celtics in the 1979 NBA draft, but elected instead to pursue a professional career in Greece.

It was a decision which would literally change the future of Greek basketball.

Panathinaikos and Olympiakos had showed some interest in the newcomer, but it was Aris Thessaloniki who were the most active club. Giorgos Tsiligaridis was sent by Aris to the USA to convince Galis to sign with his team and he managed to return with his signature on a contract.

Galis came to Thessaloniki at the start of the 1979-1980 and it took the young guard all of one game to show his potential. In his debut he lit up rival Thessaloniki club Iraklis for 30 points and an epic career was underway.

Galis’ career is perhaps best summed up by the record books. He played 13 seasons with Aris, winning eight Greek titles, five Greek Cups, one Korac Cup (1985) and also making three EuroLeague Final Four appearances. Of the eight Greek titles, six were consecutive during which Aris put together a remarkable 80 game winning streak.

Along with the team success came the individual accolades. Galis led the Greek League in scoring in every single one of his 15 seasons. He is the league’s all-time leading scorer with a total of 12,849 points in 384 games and a remarkable average of 33.4 ppg.

His career high output was 62 points which came against Nikeas-Aris in 1981. He also torched Panellinios for 57 points in the 1987 final of the Greek Cup and his career high in European competition was 57 against Venice during the 1981 Korac Cup.

Galis was also a loyal servant of the Greek national team. His first game came during the 1980 pre-Olympic tournament and he would go on to play 168 times for his country. He is second on the all-time scoring list to former Aris team-mate Panagiotis Yiannakis at 5,130 points (Yiannakis scored 5,282 points in 351 games for Greece).

Galis’ crowning glory came literally during the 1987 European Championship which was held in Greece. He led his side to the gold medal and also earned tournament MVP honours in the process. He naturally led all players in scoring, including 40 points in the final, a 103-101 victory over the Soviet Union.

That performance led former Soviet Union star Sergey Belov to comment:

“I admire him. When he plays one against one there is no way to stop him. I never thought that could be a player who could on his own beat the Soviet Union.”

The praise from the Soviet Union continued in the form of coach Alexander Gomelski, who called Galis the “player of the 21st century”.

Galis also won a sliver medal at the 1989 European Championship in Zagreb and participated in a total of five European Championships. He was the top scorer at all of them except for the 1989 Championship. Galis participated in one World Championship in 1986, where he again led all players in scoring, and had a 53-point outburst against Panama.

Galis’ ability to put the ball in the basket compounded opposing players and coaches alike.

“I feel that if Galis wants to make a basket, he will do it no matter who his opponent is,” said Lithuanian star Arvydas Sabonis.

For those coaches who he came up against, most strategies to stop him proved futile. Former Nashua Den Bosh coach Rood Harrewain advocated locking Galis in the dressing room before the game, while Wojeck Krajowski of Lech Poznan looked to a higher power:

“Before the game we made our plans on how we will stop the four players of Aris,” he said following a European club competition game.

“For Galis, we made our prayers…”

In some ways, Galis’ scoring feats overshadow the fact that he was also a great playmaker. In 1990 he dished 23 assists in a European Cup game against Finish side Uusikaoupounk and in the 1992/93 season with Panathinaikos he was the Greek League’s best passer at 6.7 apg. During that season he also recorded a remarkable double-double, hitting a perfect 13/13 field goals and dishing 19 assists against former side Aris.

After he stopped playing basketball, Galis founded a Basketball Camp for kids at the village of Pefkochori in Halkidiki. This camp every year has more than 3, 000 kids who learn basketball from the great Nick.

Nick Galis - Scoring Machine

Competition Games Points Average
Greek League 384 12,849 33.4
Greek Cup 55 1,935 35.2
European Cups 146 4,807 32.9
National Team 168 5,130 30.5
Total 753 24,721 32.8

Titles
Competition Titles Year
Greek Championship 8 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, all with Aris Thessaloniki
Greek Cup 6
1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992 with Aris, 1993 with Panathinaikos
European Championship for Men 2

Gold 1987, Silver 1989
European Championship for Clubs Final-Four 4 1988 4th, 1989 4th, 1990 3rd, 1994 3rd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Galis

Nick Galis (born July 23rd, 1957 in New Jersey, USA), known in Greece as Nikos Galis (Greek: Νίκος Γκάλης), is a retired Greek American professional basketball player and a member of the FIBA Hall of Fame. [1] Widely regarded as one of Europe's all-time greats in the sport, Galis is revered in Greece and is considered by many to be the greatest athlete the country has ever known.

Early Years

The child of a poor immigrant family from Rhodes, Greece, Nick took up boxing in his early years, his father George Georgalis having been a very good boxer in his youth. He was persuaded to give up boxing by his mother, who was shaking with fright every afternoon that her son would return with a new facial injury. As a result, he started playing basketball and attended Union Hill High School in Union City, New Jersey. [2]

After high school, Galis enrolled at Seton Hall University as a college basketball player. In his senior season, Galis, a shooting guard, saw his scoring average reach 27.5 points per game, which led the nation. This included a 48 point outburst against the University of Santa Clara. The famous Boston Celtics player Larry Bird was second in the nation in scoring that season. [3] Galis' agent, Bill Manon, who also managed Diana Ross, did not have Galis work out with any NBA team. [4] Galis was eventually selected by the Boston Celtics in the 4th round of the 1979 NBA Draft, 68th overall.[2]

Due to a severe injury that he suffered during the Celtics pre-season training camp, the franchise was no longer interested in offering him a contract because Gerald Henderson had taken his place [3] and his injury would keep him out for the foreseeable future. It was then that Galis decided to pursue a professional career in Greece's A1 League.

Career in Greece

Galis made the move across the Atlantic and signed to play with Aris of Thessaloniki, Greece in 1979. Panathinaikos and Olympiacos had also shown some interest in signing the newcomer, but it was Aris' interest that was the most persuasive. [2] His move to the country helped Greek basketball reach heights never before imagined. He played in the 1986 FIBA World Championship, where he led all players in scoring average with 33.0 points per game. In that tournament, he had a 56 point outburst against the Panamanian National Team.

Galis next led the Greek National Team to the Eurobasket 1987 gold medal. Averaging 37.0 points per game during the tournament, he was named MVP after scoring 40 points in the final against the Soviet National Team and its legendary player Šarūnas Marčiulionis for a 103-101 victory.

Galis also led Greece to the second place at Eurobasket 1989, averaging 35.6 points per game. Galis is remembered for a stunning effort against the Soviet team led by Marčiulionis and its other star player, Arvydas Sabonis, in the semi-final game. He scored 45 out of his team's 81 total points in a dramatic, last-gasp 81-80 victory. [4] The team settled for a second place finish against the ever-dominant Yugoslavian National Team.

Aris Thessaloniki

Averaging more than 30 points per game every season, Galis was the indisputable leader of Aris BC. Playing alongside other great players at Aris such as Panagiotis Giannakis and Slobodan Subotić, Galis won 8 Greek Championships (7 of them consecutively and 3 undefeated, in the years 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991), 6 Greek Cups (4 of them consecutively, in the years 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992), and led Aris to 3 consecutive appearances at the European Champions' Cup Final Four (1988-1990). In the one disappointment of an otherwise glittering career with Aris, all three European Champions' Cup appearances ended in defeat in the semi-finals, thus depriving him of the opportunity to shine on Europe's biggest club stage. [2] The team's performances and general standard of play however won the heart of every basketball fan in Greece, as well as creating thousands more Aris supporters. Indeed, cinemas and theaters would often reduce their admission prices on Thursday evenings when Aris was playing and the entire country settled down to watch them on television.

Panathinaikos Athens

After a disappointing season in 1992, Galis was forced to leave Aris. [5] The new president of Aris and the fact that the team was then in decay were the main causes for his departure. Galis, who adored Thessaloniki, insisted about remaining in the club and playing for the team, as he believed that he still could offer much. Giorgos Rampotas, his personal trainer and friend, writes in "Galis' Biography" that Thessaloniki was what mattered most to Galis. Consequently, after he was forced to leave he even contemplated playing for Aris' greatest opponent PAOK, but he never actually decided to do so. [6]

Galis ended up moving to Athens, and specifically Panathinaikos, where he only managed to win one Greek Cup in 1993, his 7th Greek Cup. The following year, he returned to the European Champions' Cup Final Four with Panathinaikos, but as in his previous three attempts with Aris, he lost in the semi-finals and had to be content with being the top scorer in the 3rd-place match against FC Barcelona. His career ended controversially in 1994, when Kostas Politis (the then coach of Panathinaikos) chose not to include him in the starting line-up of a Greek Championship game against Ambelokipi. Galis left the court, never again to return to action. [7]

Retirement

Since his official retirement on September 29, 1995, and up until early 2006, he has been the owner of a summer basketball camp in Halkidiki, Greece. The basketball camp is listed at the Athens Stock Exchange. [8] As a token of appreciation for his contribution to Greek sport, Galis was chosen to be the first torch bearer in the final round of the Olympic Flame for the Athens 2004 Olympics. Galis entered the stadium at the conclusion of the Opening Ceremony and set off the procession of the flame to the altar.

In September of 2007, Nikos Galis was elected as a member of the first class of the FIBA Hall of Fame, which includes the best basketball players in the history of the game internationally. Galis was inducted as a player. Bill Russell of the famous Boston Celtics dynasty was another one of the 16 inaugural player inductees. Galis is also a member of the Greek Basketball Hall of Fame, inducted as a player. Galis is married to Eleni Panagiotou and he has one daughter, named Stella.

Player Profile

It has been noted that Galis was not only a legendary scorer, but was also a great play maker and passer. [2] The vast majority of his points scored came inside the paint area due to his penetrating ability. [9] Another enormous competitive advantage that Galis possessed was his incredible stamina, which was due to his exemplary physical condition. At the Eurobasket 1987, he was never once substituted out of any game after the second day of the competition. [9]

He averaged 33.0 points per game at the Eurobasket 1983, 33.7 points per game at the 1986 FIBA World Championship, 37.0 points per game at the Eurobasket 1987, 35.6 points per game at the Eurobasket 1989, and 32.4 points per game at the Eurobasket 1991. Galis was only a 1.86 m (6'1 1/4") tall shooting guard. In every one of the games that Galis played in these tournaments, the entire defenses of every opposing team was focused on stopping his scoring outbursts.

Personal Achievements

Career

* In 854 official career games played (including his college games), Galis scored a total of 25,995 points, for a scoring average of 30.4 points per game.
* In 753 career games played (excluding his college games), Galis scored a total of 24,721 points, for a career scoring average of 32.8 points per game.
* His career scoring average in the Greek League was 33.4 points per game.
* His career scoring average in the Greek Cup was 35.2 points per game.
* His career scoring average in European continental club competitions was 32.9 points per game.
* Along with Panagiotis Giannakis he led Aris BC to an 80 game winning streak in the 1980s.

Greek National Team

* In 168 FIBA games played with the Greek National Basketball Team, he averaged 30.5 points per game.
* Galis was the leading scorer in every major European and world international competition that he participated in from 1983 onwards, the Eurobasket 1983, the 1986 FIBA World Championship, the Eurobasket 1987, the Eurobasket 1989, and the Eurobasket 1991.

Single Game Achievements Pro Career

* His personal scoring record in one game was 62 points, achieved in a Greek League game in 1981 (Aris vs. Ionikos Nikaias). However, in the same game, Ionikos' superstar Panagiotis Giannakis, who would later go on to become Galis' teammate on Aris, scored 73 points.
* In 1981, he also had a 61 point game against Iraklis.
* Also in 1981, he accomplished his career scoring high in a European continental competition, as he scored 57 points against Pallacanestro Venezia during the 1981 Korac Cup.
* His high scoring game in the Greek Cup was 57 points against Panellinios in the 1987 Cup final.
* Also in 1987, he scored his career high in points in the old FIBA Champions' Cup (now called the Euroleague), as he scored 50 points in a game against Tracer Milano.
* He also holds 4 of the top 15 all-time individual scoring games in the Euroleague's modern record era (since 1991-1992).
* He scored 55 or more points in a game 10 times in his professional club career while playing with Aris Thessaloniki and Panathinaikos Athens.
* In 1990, in a FIBA Champions' Cup (now called the Euroleague) game versus Korihait Uusikaoupounk, he dished out 23 FIBA assists, which is still the all-time single game assist record.
* In 1993, while playing with Panathinaikos in a revenge game against his former team Aris, he had a game for the ages. Galis shot 13/13 from the field and recorded 19 FIBA assists in the game.

Single Game Achievements Greek National Team

* At the 1986 FIBA World Championship, he scored 56 points in a game against the Panamanian National Team.
* In the Eurobasket 1987 final, he scored 40 points against the Soviet National Team.
* In the Eurobasket 1989 semifinal, he scored 45 points against the Soviet National Team.

Team Titles and Personal Awards

Galis won numerous titles and awards during his career. The following are some of them: [2]

Aris and Panathinaikos

* 8 Greek Championships: 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
* 7 Greek Cups: 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993
* In total, he won 15 championships in his pro club career as a player.
* 4-time Greek League regular season Most Valuable Player: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
* 5-time Greek League playoff Most Valuable Player: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991
* 6-time Greek Cup Most Valuable Player: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993
* 15-time Greek League Scoring Champion: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
* 4-time Greek League Assist Leader: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
* Euroleague Assist Leader: 1994
* 2-time Euroleague Scoring Champion (since 1991-1992 era): 1992 (32.2 ppg), 1994 (23.8 ppg)
* Member of the Greek Basketball Hall of Fame
* Selected to the Euroleague's 50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors as one of the Euroleague's 35 greatest all time players in 2008

Greek National Team

* 1986 FIBA World Championship Scoring Champion: 1986 (33.7 ppg)
* Eurobasket 1987 Gold Medal
* Eurobasket 1987 All-Tournament Team
* Eurobasket 1987 Most Valuable Player
* Eurobasket 1989 Silver Medal
* Eurobasket 1989 All-Tournament Team
* Eurobasket 1991 All-Tournament Team
* 4-time European Championship Scoring Champion: 1983 (33.0 ppg), 1987 (37.0 ppg), 1989 (35.6 ppg), 1991 (32.4 ppg)
* FIBA Europe European Player of the Year 1987
* FIBA Hall of Fame 2007

blah blah blah blah blah........he did all that in crappy Europe. Europe was garbage back then......who cares about his garbage stats.

Seikaly was holding his own against players like David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning, Bill Laimbeer, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Charles Barkley, Kevin Duckworth, etc. He also had to guard the paint against guys like Jordan, Pippen, Kemp, Kobe, etc. Seikaly put up very good numbers night in and night out. He played in the world's best league against the world's best talent and proved he more than belonged, he proved he was a more than worthy to be a starting Center in the NBA at that time.

Seikaly = Greatest Greek that ever played......

Now shut yo damn mouth SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-28-2008, 04:36 AM
blah blah blah blah blah........he did all that in crappy Europe. Europe was garbage back then......who cares about his garbage stats.

Seikaly was holding his own against players like David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning, Bill Laimbeer, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Charles Barkley, Kevin Duckworth, etc. He also had to guard the paint against guys like Jordan, Pippen, Kemp, Kobe, etc. Seikaly put up very good numbers night in and night out. He played in the world's best league against the world's best talent and proved he more than belonged, he proved he was a more than worthy to be a starting Center in the NBA at that time.

Seikaly = Greatest Greek that ever played......

Now shut yo damn mouth SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA

# Galis' jersey number with Aris was initially 7. He then changed it to 6 and kept it until the end. Aris has since unofficially retired the number 6. His number when playing for the Greek national basketball team was 4.
# Soviet Union national basketball team star Sergei Belov commented in 1987: "I admire him. When he plays one on one there is no way to stop him. I never thought there could be a player who could on his own beat the Soviet Union."
# Former Soviet Union national basketball team head coach Aleksandr Gomelsky once called him, "The player of the 21st century."
# “I feel that if Galis wants to make a basket, he will do it no matter who his opponent is.” The former Lithuanian national basketball team superstar Arvydas Sabonis has said.
# “I’d love to play with Galis in the same team,” said the legendary Dražen Petrović shortly before his death in 1993. “I would assist him the ball and he would put it in the basket.”
# NBA MVP and hall of famer Bob McAdoo once said: "I've seen Galis doing things that I have not seen either Lakers or Celtics doing."
# In October of 1983, in a game between the Greek national basketball team and the North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball team in the "Dimitria" tournament, the great Michael Jordan (who guarded Galis in the game) said: "I did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country."
# Once during a pre-game press conference, the opposing team's head coach announced, "I found the way to stop Galis. I'll shoot him".
# “If I'm the Devil's son, then Galis is the devil himself.” Stated by the legendary Dražen Petrović.

You = very big idiot. I cannot even read your posts again.

timvp
08-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Iwanna Bursitis sucks.

Biggems
08-28-2008, 11:00 PM
# Galis' jersey number with Aris was initially 7. He then changed it to 6 and kept it until the end. Aris has since unofficially retired the number 6. His number when playing for the Greek national basketball team was 4.
# Soviet Union national basketball team star Sergei Belov commented in 1987: "I admire him. When he plays one on one there is no way to stop him. I never thought there could be a player who could on his own beat the Soviet Union."
# Former Soviet Union national basketball team head coach Aleksandr Gomelsky once called him, "The player of the 21st century."
# “I feel that if Galis wants to make a basket, he will do it no matter who his opponent is.” The former Lithuanian national basketball team superstar Arvydas Sabonis has said.
# “I’d love to play with Galis in the same team,” said the legendary Dražen Petrović shortly before his death in 1993. “I would assist him the ball and he would put it in the basket.”
# NBA MVP and hall of famer Bob McAdoo once said: "I've seen Galis doing things that I have not seen either Lakers or Celtics doing."
# In October of 1983, in a game between the Greek national basketball team and the North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball team in the "Dimitria" tournament, the great Michael Jordan (who guarded Galis in the game) said: "I did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country."
# Once during a pre-game press conference, the opposing team's head coach announced, "I found the way to stop Galis. I'll shoot him".
# “If I'm the Devil's son, then Galis is the devil himself.” Stated by the legendary Dražen Petrović.

You = very big idiot. I cannot even read your posts again.

Good dont read my posts anymore....cause no one wants to read yours. now run along and go fondle yourself to memories of your favorite greek losers.

SEIKALY OWNS