PDA

View Full Version : Any Eagles fans?

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
:lol Or am I the only one? :hat

Evan
08-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Hear that echo?

Its called apathy outside Phili bouncing off the walls.

:wakeup

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't care if I'm the only Eagles fan here. :lol

stretch
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm a McNabb fan.

I think Alvarez is an eagles fan.

Evan
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't care if I'm the only Eagles fan here. :lol

you guys pushing for Boldin up there?

ATRAIN
08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
I have Mcnabb on my fantasy team, does that count?

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
you guys pushing for Boldin up there?

Another day, another rumor about a prominent wide receiver the Eagles probably won't be able to trade for this spring.
Yesterday, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported that Anquan Boldin has asked the Arizona Cardinals for a trade. Boldin, 27, got to 300 catches faster than any receiver in NFL history. He has 413 catches in only 68 games since being drafted in the second round in 2003 (yes, the Eagles could have drafted him instead of Jerome McDougle).

Boldin is unhappy with his contract in the wake of the 4-year, $40 million renegotiation the Cards reached last month with wideout Larry Fitzgerald. Boldin has 3 years left on a deal that averages around $4.5 million a year. But the Arizona Republic reports that the Cards told Boldin they will not trade him, which puts him in the same category as the other receivers Eagles fans would like to see the team acquire - Detroit's Roy Williams and Cincinnati's Chad Johnson. (And, of course, Fitzgerald, who earlier this offseason supposedly was going to be dealt because of his ruinous cap number, until Arizona just redid the contract.)

Obviously, the Eagles remain likely to send disgruntled corner Lito Sheppard somewhere this week, for something. There were multiple reports yesterday (in the wake of a Delaware County Daily Times report) that they had asked the Kansas City Chiefs about defensive end Jared Allen, who apparently will be dealt instead of playing under the franchise tender. The Chiefs probably could use Sheppard, though they play a Cover 2 defense in which corners are at least a little less important than they are in the Eagles' system. A source close to the situation said Allen won't be coming to the Eagles. *

Evan
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Man if the Eagles get him the NFC East will be such chaos this year. Even if McNabb misses his standard handful of games.

But I just can't see a team trading mad player for mad player.

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Alvarez is. There is also that other person who made the bet with Melmart, lost it and then welched on it and disappeared. Can't remember his name though.

leemajors
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
icecoldbrewski is.

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Forgot about Ice.

He and Alvarez are pretty cool though.

BUMP
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Another day, another rumor about a prominent wide receiver the Eagles probably won't be able to trade for this spring.
Yesterday, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported that Anquan Boldin has asked the Arizona Cardinals for a trade. Boldin, 27, got to 300 catches faster than any receiver in NFL history. He has 413 catches in only 68 games since being drafted in the second round in 2003 (yes, the Eagles could have drafted him instead of Jerome McDougle).

Boldin is unhappy with his contract in the wake of the 4-year, $40 million renegotiation the Cards reached last month with wideout Larry Fitzgerald. Boldin has 3 years left on a deal that averages around $4.5 million a year. But the Arizona Republic reports that the Cards told Boldin they will not trade him, which puts him in the same category as the other receivers Eagles fans would like to see the team acquire - Detroit's Roy Williams and Cincinnati's Chad Johnson. (And, of course, Fitzgerald, who earlier this offseason supposedly was going to be dealt because of his ruinous cap number, until Arizona just redid the contract.)

Obviously, the Eagles remain likely to send disgruntled corner Lito Sheppard somewhere this week, for something. There were multiple reports yesterday (in the wake of a Delaware County Daily Times report) that they had asked the Kansas City Chiefs about defensive end Jared Allen, who apparently will be dealt instead of playing under the franchise tender. The Chiefs probably could use Sheppard, though they play a Cover 2 defense in which corners are at least a little less important than they are in the Eagles' system. A source close to the situation said Allen won't be coming to the Eagles. *
doesnt Jared Allen play for Minnesota?

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
doesnt Jared Allen play for Minnesota?

Yes.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
How old is that info?

Did you hear that Favre might come out of retirement?

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
How old is that info?

Did you hear that Favre might come out of retirement?

:lol New information for you to view.

THERE'S A LOT better chance of Lorenzo Booker being the guy who helps fill Kevin Curtis' role than of Anquan Boldin doing it.
Despite the great wailing and gnashing of teeth from across Eagles Nation in the wake of Curtis' sports-hernia surgery, which took place as scheduled yesterday, the Arizona Cardinals still seem to persist in thinking they need Boldin on their team. They would seem to have him under contract for 3 more years.

I could be wrong about this, but I really don't think we can just, like, force them to hand the guy over, because we haven't seen a championship parade since 1983, and we are more PASSIONATE than their fans. Although, it's probably time to start the countdown until WIP buses a charter full of people with painted faces out to Tempe, to lay siege to the Cardinals' offices. (With signs reading: "CARDS HOLDIN OUR BOLDIN," and "OUR DON NEEDS ANQUAN!")

I would think the Eagles almost certainly have made a call, despite the Cards' stated and restated position that they aren't trading Boldin, a Drew Rosenhaus client who wants a new deal (imagine that?). But if Arizona wanted to trade Boldin for another disgruntled Rosenhaus client, Lito Sheppard, that would have happened long before now. If the Cards were interested in trading Boldin for Sheppard and a first-round draft pick, that would have happened by now, as well.

I think, for the time being, we have to assume Boldin isn't coming, although it does add spice to the situation when you consider that former Eagles personnel VP Jason Licht now has a similar job with the Cards. There probably are guys on the Birds' roster who Licht covets. That would mean more if Licht were actually the general manager.

I think we also have to assume that though the Eagles probably will be checking in with Detroit and Cincinnati to make really, really sure Roy Williams and Chad Johnson remain unavailable, there is no hint that anything has changed there. The Birds might pick up some sort of body from somewhere - a guy who has played in a West Coast offense, and isn't terrible - but this will be mainly to stop the spotlight from shining too brightly on DeSean Jackson before he's ready.

I've seen on message boards that some fans just assume the Eagles will be able to scare up a Dontè Stallworth-level wideout, because they did it 2 years ago. That was a unique situation - Marques Colston came out of nowhere (or Hofstra, same thing) and suddenly made Stallworth expendable to the Saints. I'm not aware of a similar situation unfolding anywhere this year.

I think I might have an old number for Freddie Mitchell, if anyone needs it. The stage could be set for the dramatic return of Bill Sampy. I'm pretty sure Todd Pinkston is available. You know, Reno Mahe was a wideout in college.

An external move that will have a big impact is unlikely. What is likely is that the Eagles will reshuffle their deck a little. Ever since running back Booker arrived in a draft-day deal with Miami, the intent has been to flank him out wide some, often with Brian Westbrook in the backfield. I think you could see Booker turn into a quasi-wideout, especially until Reggie Brown's hamstring is 100 percent again. Obviously, Westbrook remains a prime target - he caught more passes than Curtis last season, 90 to 77, albeit for fewer yards. And we might actually see if Hank Baskett can do something besides block, starting tonight with the preseason game at New England.

No question, being without Curtis, probably well into October, makes the Eagles thinner at one of their thinnest spots. Even so, fan reaction has been over the top; the only way to explain it is that wide receiver was a longstanding sore point with the fan base anyway, and Curtis going down was like somebody pressing on that sore point, really hard. With a rock.

But really. You look on some message boards, the way exclamation points and tears are flowing, you'd think preteen girls were texting one another about an injury to Hannah Montana. Curiously, some of the same people who previously thought the Eagles HAD TO MAKE A MOVE FOR A WIDEOUT!!!!! because Curtis was no good now think the Eagles HAVE TO MAKE A MOVE FOR A WIDEOUT!!!!! because he's injured. Think about that for a while.

Yeah, Curtis being hurt very well could make a difference, especially if, like many sports-hernia victims, he never really gets right all season long. But it's hard to say the playoff quest ended when he went under the knife, or anything. The way I see it, there are two potential injuries that would change everything. Westbrook gets hurt seriously, and the season really is over. Donovan McNabb gets hurt seriously, the season is over, and so is an era.

Anything short of that, well, as Andy Reid likes to say, we'll see. Yeah, you could probably rank serious injuries to Trent Cole or Tra Thomas right behind something happening to McNabb or Westbrook. But a wideout going down, on a team that everybody knows doesn't have a superstar wideout? Probably not time yet to tear up your tickets and join a monastery.

It's a long season that hasn't even started yet. Injuries are part of it, for everybody. Out in San Diego, where the team absolutely has Super Bowl talent, a lot is hanging on linebacker Shawne Merriman's trip to get his sore knee looked at by Dr. James Andrews.

Meanwhile, on the Eagles' main message board, the Anquan Boldin thread was 76 pages long by late afternoon yesterday.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20080822_Les_Bowen__Boldin_is_the_wideout_choice_o f_Eagles_Nation.html

Evan
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I hope he goes to the Cowboys just to make those fans mad.

leemajors
08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Alvarez is. There is also that other person who made the bet with Melmart, lost it and then welched on it and disappeared. Can't remember his name though.

was it pixelpusher?

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
was it pixelpusher?

found it....nickbroken.

Much like many "internet warriors", he talks shit then when he is wrong, he disappears for awhile. Dallas and Philly will play early this season so I imagine he will be back spewing his usual oral diarrhea.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
"1Parker1 is from Philly

Evan
08-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Honest no troll questions from a Die hard Cowboy fan. I swear I am not a shit talker so no you won't be walking into a troll trap here. ATRAIN who is a die hard Texans fan will vouch for me.

I f*cking hate sh*t talking besides friendly jabs so I will give my opinion here to each question...

1. What do you guys think of McNabb?

I think he is a badass who is on the other side of his peak and is breaking down. I think Phili is in a tough situation with him as he is still incredible but unreliable and the clock is ticking.

2. Now that the dust is settled what do you think about the TO situation?

I think everyone involved from TO, McNabb and the Eagles front office handled it bad so everyone is to blame. I think TO could still be on your team killing the NFC. As a Cowboy fan I am so thankful he is here.

djohn14
08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I do like Philly, but There are 3-5 teams I like Better, like my favorite, the team you will face and lose to on opening day...the St. Louis Rams!

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Honest no troll questions from a Die hard Cowboy fan. I swear I am not a shit talker so no you won't be walking into a troll trap here. ATRAIN who is a die hard Texans fan will vouch for me.

I f*cking hate sh*t talking besides friendly jabs so I will give my opinion here to each question...

I think he is a badass who is on the other side of his peak and is breaking down. I think Phili is in a tough situation with him as he is still incredible but unreliable and the clock is ticking.

2. Now that the dust is settled what do you think about the TO situation?

I think everyone involved from TO, McNabb and the Eagles front office handled it bad so everyone is to blame. I think TO could still be on your team killing the NFC. As a Cowboy fan I am so thankful he is here.

I'm a diehard Eagles fan but even I know when it's time for McNabb to put up or shut up or just retire. :depressed We had our chance at the SB against the Patriots. Cheaters! :bang

I do like Philly, but There are 3-5 teams I like Better, like my favorite, the team you will face and lose to on opening day...the St. Louis Rams!

:nope:ihit

Evan
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm a diehard Eagles fan but even I know when it's time for McNabb to put up or shut up or just retire. :depressed We had our chance at the SB against the Patriots. Cheaters! :bang

I'm very sure the Eagles were trying as well.

djohn14
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah, its on LadySpur...Rams all day haha

NewJerSpur
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah, its on LadySpur...Seahawks all day haha

There we go....fixed.

:king

K-State Spur
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Ahh yes, Eagles fans. The group that takes pride in how poorly they treat others...

JudynTX
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh yeah, its on LadySpur...Rams all day haha

Sept. 7th can't get here soon enough! :ihit

Melmart1
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM

Oh, shit! I forgot all about that! :lol I almost forgot his name, too cus its been awhile since I have seen a post from him. But he did change his avatar: http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1155

Doesn't do much good though if he doesn't post. Who cares about an avatar you never see?

ATRAIN
08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh, shit! I forgot all about that! :lol I almost forgot his name, too cus its been awhile since I have seen a post from him. But he did change his avatar: http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1155

Doesn't do much good though if he doesn't post. Who cares about an avatar you never see?

If I have learned anything with my time around here is that you don't make bets with Melmart.

Melmart1
08-27-2008, 10:18 AM
If I have learned anything with my time around here is that you don't make bets with Melmart.

I don't believe I have ever lost one, come to think of it :lol

ATRAIN
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't believe I have ever lost one, come to think of it :lol

I know I have never won one from you

Whisky Dog
08-27-2008, 10:58 AM
That Jackson kid has been looking pretty good at WR, although against less than stellar defensive players. The kid is fast as hell, but he is also short - so Pacman should be able to lock him, unless he goes in the slot where Newman will.

Hook Dem
08-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Eagles suck!!!!!!!

bostonguy
08-28-2008, 01:50 PM

I am a HUGE Brian Westbrook fan. The guy can do it all and he is my favorite back in the league. Not to mention the guy is very unselfish. That slide at the 1 in that game vs Dallas last year was unexpected.

JudynTX
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I am a HUGE Brian Westbrook fan. The guy can do it all and he is my favorite back in the league. Not to mention the guy is very unselfish. That slide at the 1 in that game vs Dallas last year was unexpected.

Cool! :hat

:ihit

The Eagles kick off the regular season at home for the first time since 2004 when they host St. Louis on Sunday, Sept. 7. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. The Eagles last hosted the Rams on an opening day back in 2001.

With a mix of veterans and youth, the Eagles will look to build on a strong finish to last season. Philadelphia closed out the 2007 campaign with three consecutive victories, including a road win at Dallas.

In a year's time, Donovan McNabb has returned to being Donovan McNabb. He has been the personality of the team with his sense of humor and his let's-get-after-it approach. That is very good news for an Eagles team that needs to make a big move in the NFC East this season. McNabb, of course, is joined by Brian Westbrook, who led all NFL players in yards per scrimmage in 2007.

"I think Donovan has always been a great quarterback, but I think he became even better when he went through those struggles last year when he had very little mobility and he was getting the ball to four and five in the progression," said offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. "I think he became a better quarterback that way. And then you combine the fact that he is healthy and he can run and gun like he did a couple of years back ... He has looked great."

OT Orlando Pace

On defense, a unit that produced an NFL-low 19 takeaways in 2007 welcomes Asante Samuel to the mix that includes Pro Bowl players Brian Dawkins and Lito Sheppard. The front seven, meanwhile, is a young, fast group.

The Rams, meanwhile, are coming off a forgettable 2007. The team finished with a 3-13 mark, which was the second-worst record in the NFL. Contrary to Philadelphia, St. Louis lost four straight games to close out the season. A rash of injuries to key players - like Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, Orlando Pace and Leonard Little - proved costly.

Fielding a healthy squad to start 2008 is key for St. Louis. And the season could be a critical one for third-year head coach Scott Linehan, who is just 11-21 since he took over prior to the 2006 season.

"I feel comfortable with where we're at as a team," Linehan said. "I've been very happy with our progress. We had a lot of goals set for this time, you know, prior to the regular season, and we accomplished a whole bunch of them."

The Eagles have won four of the last five home meetings with the Rams. The teams last battled in Philadelphia on Dec. 1, 2002. This marks the Rams' first visit to Lincoln Financial Field.

Last Time They Met … Dec. 18, 2005: Eagles 17, Rams 16
Trailing by nine points late in the third quarter, the Eagles rallied for a 17-16 win on Dec. 18, 2005, earning their first-ever victory over the Rams in St. Louis. Philadelphia's defense stood out during the triumph, including a dominant second-half performance in which they allowed just three points and 120 yards of offense. FS Brian Dawkins' interception and 24-yard return to the Rams' 28-yard line set up the winning score, a 3-yard touchdown pass from Mike McMahon to Mike Bartrum early in the fourth quarter. Later, Dawkins and Co. stuffed Rams RB Marshall Faulk on a key 4th-and-1 situation and also knocked down a fourth-down pass attempt by QB Jamie Martin in the final seconds.

When The Eagles Have The Ball
Yeah, this should pretty much be Brian Westbrook's game. Forget for a second that top wide receiver Kevin Curtis will miss the action as he recovers from sports hernia surgery, and this game is still Brian Westbrook's. Here's the reasoning: the offensive line should be 100 percent healthy, and the Rams' defensive line is in the midst of a transition. At end, Leonard Little is 34, while second overall pick Chris Long enters the 2008 season on the shoulders of hype and his Hall-of-Fame father, Howie. At tackle, La'Roi Glover is an experienced veteran, while Adam Carriker has shown the ability to be a mainstay on the St. Louis defense. You have to figure the offensive coaching staff will try to exploit the aging legs of the veterans while counting on a bit of inexperience from the youngsters. At linebacker, the Rams are unremarkably solid, but fast. St. Louis' secondary, however, is probably the standout unit, which could mean trouble for the Eagles' receivers. Last season, St. Louis ranked 21st in total defense (241.1 yards per game) and 31st in points allowed.

WR Torry Holt
When The Rams Have The Ball
Though hardly "The Greatest Show on Turf" anymore, St. Louis has some more than viable weapons offensively, with Al Saunders at the controls as the offensive coordinator. Bullish tailback Steven Jackson has just been rewarded with a monster contract to stay with the Rams. A light load for Jackson would be 25 carries, and he wears on a defense with every one of them. Split out, Torry Holt will be without Isaac Bruce for the first time in his Hall-of-Fame career. Still, Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel will be thrown right into the fire, facing a superstar in his first game in coordinator Jim Johnson's scheme. But without a solid offensive line to protect quarterback Marc Bulger, this Rams offense might not be any better than the 2007 version, which ranked 25th in the NFL in rushing at 95.4 yards per game and 28th in total scoring. Left tackle Orlando Pace has played nine games in two seasons, and still has some lingering shoulder concerns. The team left guard Jacob Bell to the mix during the offseason.

Key Matchups

Eagles WRs vs. Rams DBs
St. Louis might have one of the more overlooked secondaries in football. Cornerback Tye Hill is on the verge of stardom, and if Fakhir Brown can stay out of trouble he might be right there with him. Free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe led the NFC with eight interceptions last season. Remember: the Eagles are missing Kevin Curtis, and Reggie Brown limped through the preseason with hamstring problems. Will Brown be healthy, and if not, will somebody else be able to step up?

Eagles special teams vs. Rams special teams
St. Louis added clutch kicker Josh Brown to replace the retired Jeff Wilkins. Philadelphia, meanwhile, has a pair of rookie returners poised to make some noise this season. Kick returner Quintin Demps averaged 36.4 yards with his opportunities during the preseason, while punt returner DeSean Jackson averaged 12.5 yards.

Rams Players to Watch

CB Tye Hill
LT Orlando Pace
The seven-time Pro Bowl tackle has missed 23 of 32 games over the past two seasons because of injuries. Last year, he suffered a season-ending shoulder injury - torn rotator cuff and labrum - in the season opener which required surgery. He returned for training camp and tweaked his shoulder making a tackle on an interception return in the preseason. If Pace can remain healthy, it will give the Rams a much-better chance for success on the offensive side of the ball. Alex Barron was not a reliable replacement in Pace's absence; although he was the only offensive line starter to remain healthy for the entire season. Pace's ability allows quarterback Marc Bulger more time in the pocket to throw. Bulger is not mobile; he took a lot of hits last season and his mechanics aren't good when he's rushed. Pace can also pave the way for All-Pro Steven Jackson, who had 1,002 rushing yards despite playing in only 12 games last season.

CB Tye Hill
He may only be 5-9, but don't be surprised if Hill's name starts to be mentioned among the better cornerbacks in the NFC after this season. The key for Hill is he has to stay healthy - he missed eight games with back and wrist injuries last season. Hill is very quick and agile, and a nice complement for the taller, more physical Fakhir Brown. Hill's closing speed and tackling ability will make it difficult for the Eagles to make a big play against him. Hill will be counted upon to improve the Rams' 21st-ranked pass defense of a year ago.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/gameday/

IceColdBrewski
09-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Eagles defense is legit. So is DeSean Jackson

Sense
09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Eagles defense is legit. So is DeSean Jackson

against STL yes.

Whisky Dog
09-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Damn good game by the Eagles. Hope they come back to earth starting next week.

The Instigator
09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
dont you have this ridiculous thread at SR already??

JudynTX
09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Damn good game by the Eagles. Hope they come back to earth starting next week.

:cheer :cheer Damn they looked good today!!!

Did the Rams show up today? :lmao

MONDAY NIGHT!!!! :hat

SpursFanInAustin
09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Monday night they get pwned!! :king :bking

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
TO's gonna bust out the wings

stretch
09-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Eagles look scary good. McNabb looks healthier and more fit than ive ever seen him. Their top two recievers are out, and he still kicked ass. If he stays healthy, McNabb will win MVP.

Whisky Dog
09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I wonder if TO will get a celebration penalty next Monday for using the air as a prop as he mocks the eagle flap?

JudynTX
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I wonder if TO will get a celebration penalty next Monday for using the air as a prop as he mocks the eagle flap?

He won't. Because he won't be getting in the end zone.

:)

Whisky Dog
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
You're right. It will be Barber with 2, Witten with 1, and Crayton with 1.

traitoravery
09-09-2008, 02:58 AM

Man Mcnabb looked freakin awesome yesterday....Lets see what he can do with the Dallas pass rush

JudynTX
09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Is it gametime yet? :cheer:sombrero:

rj215
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Eagles fan checking in. The Rams were a joke but the Dallas Romos might be a different story. Hopefully the Simpson jinx kicks in after kickoff. :p:

lurker23
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Another Eagles fan here. It was tough growing up in Texas as an Eagles fan, especially when they were really bad. I always get geared up for Eagles/Cowboys games- can't wait until Monday!

Logan
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Wow..

Is this the same LadySpur that had me banned at SR.com??

Yes I am the biggest Eagles fan in here!!

Just wanted to know!!

JudynTX
09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Eagles fan checking in. The Rams were a joke but the Dallas Romos might be a different story. Hopefully the Simpson jinx kicks in after kickoff. :p:

Another Eagles fan here. It was tough growing up in Texas as an Eagles fan, especially when they were really bad. I always get geared up for Eagles/Cowboys games- can't wait until Monday!

:cheer Woohoo......maybe we need our own Eagles forum. Just saying. :p:

Wow..

Is this the same LadySpur that had me banned at SR.com??

Yes I am the biggest Eagles fan in here!!

Just wanted to know!!

:lol It's me LS.....and yea, probably had you banned, for who know's what. :lol Truce? :hat

I forgot you were an Eagles fan too!!!!

rj215
09-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Anybody have any news on Boldin? I know the Eagles were interested and he was looking to leave the Cards. I don't know if he can be traded now that the season started or what that would mean to our salary cap but the thought of Jackson on one side and Boldin on the other would be amazing.

spyder
09-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Eagles blow

rj215
09-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Eagles blow

So does your mom and that's why I keep that crackhead around.

Xylus
09-14-2008, 02:53 AM
Dude, I love the Eagles. "Last Resort" is like one of my favorite songs.

Whisky Dog
09-14-2008, 10:29 AM
So does your mom and that's why I keep that crackhead around.

Unoriginal, gay, epic fail.

rj215
09-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Unoriginal, gay, epic fail.

So you is your mom that's why I keep that crackhead around.

Whisky Dog
09-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Yep, you're an eagles fan alright.

lurker23
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Anybody have any news on Boldin? I know the Eagles were interested and he was looking to leave the Cards. I don't know if he can be traded now that the season started or what that would mean to our salary cap but the thought of Jackson on one side and Boldin on the other would be amazing.

Here's a good article on Boldin written recently:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/09/11/a1b_boldin_0912.html

A couple key quotes if you don't feel like reading the whole thing:

"I can be productive on the field, but that's as far as it goes," Boldin told the Arizona Republic in August. "I will try to detach myself from the organization as much as possible. As long as I'm here, I can't see myself as a happy member of this organization at all, not with this situation being what it is. I don't see it being rectified, either. The relationship with me and the organization is done. I'm here to uphold my contract."

This week, Boldin said, "I'm an Arizona Cardinal," and that he's not thinking about where else he could play in 2009.

Rosenhaus, though, is doing it for him.

In the past eight days, Rosenhaus twice has said on WQAM 560-AM that Boldin wants to be traded - ideally before the Oct. 14 trade deadline, but more realistically after the season - and mentioned the Dolphins as an ideal destination.

Rosenhaus said the Cardinals turned down three trade offers for Boldin at this April's draft.

ShoogarBear
09-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Can you believe there is actually a team in the NFC East that hasn't won 3 Super Bowls?

:lmao

samikeyp
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Can you believe there is actually a team in the NFC East that hasn't won 3 Super Bowls?

:lol :lol

21+20+9=50
09-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Go E.a.g.l.e.s.......... And Down Go The C.o.w.g.i.r.ls....

Evan
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Go E.a.g.l.e.s.......... And Down Go The C.o.w.g.i.r.ls....

the Cowgirls?!??!!?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahaha

FUNNY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

JudynTX
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
the Cowgirls?!??!!?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahaha

FUNNY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Was it that funny?

Evan
09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Hell yeah!

I have never heard the Cowboys called that before...ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whisky Dog
09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Eagles fan sure is an intelligent person with a high degree of originality.

JudynTX
09-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Eagles fan sure is an intelligent person with a high degree of originality.

Are you ready for the beatdown tonight? :ihit

Evan
09-15-2008, 03:34 PM
COWGIRLS!

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rib splitting comedy!:downspin:

Evan
09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Are you ready for the beatdown tonight? :ihit

I don't care about wins or losses…I want more name comedy!

Evan
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Cowgays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JudynTX
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Good grief!

dirk4mvp
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Those mothafukkin cowpies will lose tonight :toast

Evan
09-15-2008, 04:05 PM
there we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-State Spur
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM

haha. FTW!!!

baseline bum
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Damn, Westbrook is killing shit for my fantasy team!

dirk4mvp
09-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Damn, Westbrook is killing shit for my fantasy team!

hell yeah. I won my game because of him. Or maybe it was because of that dumb fucking idiot who dropped the ball before he scored :lol

monosylab1k
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Donovan McNabb is the Dirk Nowitzki of the NFL.

baseline bum
09-15-2008, 11:12 PM
hell yeah. I won my game because of him. Or maybe it was because of that dumb fucking idiot who dropped the ball before he scored :lol

:lol

Without that drop, I would have lost my matchup by 1 point.

stretch
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
McNabb is hands town a top 3 QB in this league, and when at his best, is the deadliest QB around. Yes, even bigger of a threat than Brady or Manning.

dirk4mvp
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
McNabb is hands town a top 3 QB in this league, and when at his best, is the deadliest QB around. Yes, even bigger of a threat than Brady or Manning.

except for his habit to make bonehead decisions at the end of games.

The Reckoning
09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
did you here that philadelphia is now the ugliest city? lol the media is a joke

JudynTX
10-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks Eagles for finishing out a darn game! :rolleyes

:lol

JudynTX
12-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Last game of the season we play the Cowboys. That could be the do or die game for the Cowboys getting into the playoffs.

:king

ATRAIN
12-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Fucking eagles def almost cost me a trip to my fantasy football championship since westbrook decided to take the night off.

resistanze
12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Philly fucked up with that tie game.

JudynTX
04-16-2009, 11:29 AM
:D Bump, so you all will know who my team is.