PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear Strahan wants to come out of retirement?

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
:rolleyes:rolleyes Look, when you retire, you retire! :bang

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
The rumored $8mil the Giants might give him probably helps too! :lol

Seriously though, you are right...when you retire..stay there.

Evan
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Sirius nfl radio was saying he only weights 240 right now. That's not going to cut it unless its 1985.

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Sirius nfl radio was saying he only weights 240 right now. That's not going to cut it unless its 1985.

:lol How big is Warren Sapp? Must not be too big if he's on the next version of Dancing w/ts. :wow

Evan
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
:lol How big is Warren Sapp? Must not be too big if he's on the next version of Dancing w/ts. :wow

I saw him on Hard Knocks at Cowboys camp…dude looked so small.

Trainwreck2100
08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
He's gonna get 8 mil for 4 months of work, would you come out of retirement for that?

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
He's gonna get 8 mil for 4 months of work, would you come out of retirement for that?

Not if I already have $8 million saved up for retirement.

Evan
08-26-2008, 04:14 PM

yes you would.

He's still young dude...he has his entire life ahead of him for one more go round for an obscene amount of money.

Besides...I doubt he has 8 mil

Obstructed_View
08-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Strahan is using the Giants the way NBA free agents use the Spurs; he's talking about going back in order to start a bidding war with the TV networks, where he's highly coveted.

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 05:27 PM

Actually he may not, isn't he going through, or went through a messy divorce?

xtremesteven33
08-26-2008, 05:35 PM
best thing to do is stay retired.

leave the sport you love a world champion. no better feeling or legacy.

Tippecanoe
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
According to this, he's staying retired.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkaDKEIvwrpRPRbFJSexSM05nYcB?slug=ap-giants-strahan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tippecanoe
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkaDKEIvwrpRPRbFJSexSM05nYcB?slug=ap-giants-strahan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Report: Strahan to stay retired

By TOM CANAVAN, AP Sports Writer 23 minutes ago

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—Seven-time New York Giants Pro Bowler Michael Strahan is staying retired.

“This has been one of the toughest nights of my life,” Strahan told FoxSports.com in a story released Tuesday afternoon. “But after long deliberation and throwing around a million scenarios in my head for the past day, I think it’s just best if I stay retired.”

Tony Agnone, Strahan’s agent, did not immediately return a telephone call from The Associated Press.

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon had no immediate comment.

Giants general manager Jerry Reese has asked the 36-year-old Strahan to reconsider his retirement on Monday, just 48 hours after the Super Bowl champions lost Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora for the season to a knee injury in the preseason game against the New York Jets.

Strahan needed just about a day to turn down an offer to return for a 16th season with what could have been an $8 million contract.

“I really love my life now,” he told FoxSports.com. “It’s great having nobody put a finger on me. You really put yourself through an awful lot in this league, more than people realize.

Strahan has signed a $2 million deal to work for Fox Sports on its NFL pregame show on Sundays.

The Giants moved Mathias Kiwanuka from linebacker to defensive end on Monday to take over for Umenyiora.

Umenyiora had successful knee surgery on Tuesday morning.

Sense
08-26-2008, 07:07 PM
fail