PDA

View Full Version : Fav DBZ Character

Gotenks
08-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Gotenks
Unfused Goten

v2freak
08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
lol good for you. Android 16 is my pick.

E20
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
I love them all equally, but a couple stick out:

Goku
Vejita
Piccolo
Future Trunks

Villians:
Frieza
Coola
Broli
Cell

Mystic Gohan and Teen Gohan are alright. Favorite Fused character is Vejito.

E20
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Doublepost

Gotenks
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I love them all equally, but a couple stick out:

Goku
Vejita
Piccolo
Future Trunks

Villians:
Frieza
Coola
Broli
Cell

Mystic Gohan and Teen Gohan are alright. Favorite Fused character is Vejito.

Isnt Mystic gohan the strongest unfused character??

Spurminator
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I like the monkey that's always riding around in the race car.

Mister Sinister
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Dabura.

Leetonidas
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Vegeta of course.

Shaolin-Style
08-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Piccolo was always my favorite, his fights were usually some of the best too.

v2freak
08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Dabura.

Dabura is pretty badass, I also like Tien, Garlic Jr and Future Gohan.

E20
08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Isnt Mystic gohan the strongest unfused character??
I'm willing to bet my money on an SSJ3 Goku.

Also, Raditz was pretty badass too. In fact early in the begining of the Dragonball Z where they would make it known whose powerlevel was what was pretty bad ass. Also the training scenes = badass. God, I wish I could workout in 10G's.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Vegeta of course.

this.

more specifically Majin Vegeta. That was one bad mother fucker.

Also, Teen Gohan. Well maybe only for those episodes when he was fighting Cell.

favorite villain...Janemba

v2freak
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm willing to bet my money on an SSJ3 Goku.

Also, Raditz was pretty badass too. In fact early in the begining of the Dragonball Z where they would make it known whose powerlevel was what was pretty bad ass. Also the training scenes = badass. God, I wish I could workout in 10G's.

I believe that while Goku is the most skilled fighter at the end of DBZ, Gohan still had the most pure power. Super Saiyan 3 drained Goku each time he used it.

Mister Sinister
08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Broly, power is maximum, etc.

E20
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I've always heard that Broli's power level was somewhat at a incredibly strong SSJ 1 or a weak SSJ2.

TwAnKiEs
08-29-2008, 01:12 PM
SSJ1 Teen Gohan..... SSJ2 is next

dirk4mvp
08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I've always heard that Broli's power level was somewhat at a incredibly strong SSJ 1 or a weak SSJ2.

He couldn't be too strong considering in the movie he got owned by SSJ1 goku.

Anti.Hero
08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Easily the green dude.

Mister Sinister
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Easily the green dude.
Fuck yeah, Saibamen!

Fernando TD21
08-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Goku is my favourite.

v2freak
08-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Supposedly that is true, but Broly easily beat a Super Saiyan 2 Gohan in movie 10.

E20
08-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Supposedly that is true, but Broly easily beat a Super Saiyan 2 Gohan in movie 10.
Yeah so Broli has to be at least as strong as a weak SSJ2 or a really strong SSJ 1 (Goku was greatly powered up during Movie 8 while at SSJ). Gohan at that age in movie 10 weakened a considerable amount even while at SSJ2, this was confirmed by Vejita and Goku when Gohan was fighting Dabura. Just some trivia, Dabura's name in the japanese version was pronounced: Doubra.

Mister Sinister
08-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Nappa: Vegeta! Was sagt die Scouter uber seinem Power Level?
Vegeta: <Das *KRSH!*> ES IST UBER NEUN TAUSEEEEEEND!
Nappa: WAS?! NEUN TAUSEND!?

J.T.
08-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I like that one dude with the spikey hair.

v2freak
08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah so Broli has to be at least as strong as a weak SSJ2 or a really strong SSJ 1 (Goku was greatly powered up during Movie 8 while at SSJ). Gohan at that age in movie 10 weakened a considerable amount even while at SSJ2, this was confirmed by Vejita and Goku when Gohan was fighting Dabura. Just some trivia, Dabura's name in the japanese version was pronounced: Doubra.

See, I don't know about that. Vegeta and Goku said that Gohan was "not as strong as when he fought Cell"; I don't know what the "standard" is for a Super Saiyan 2. Gohan may have been stronger as a child than Goku or Majin Vegeta at their respective levels of Super Saiyan 2.

In addition, Broly was fighting weakened in movie 10. He probably could have healed more but abrutly woke up when he heard Goten. He still had the scars on his chest from movie 8 where Goku punched him. Broly also gets stronger as a fight goes on too.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Vegeta is the most amazing DBZ character by far.

His is a classic story of being defined by what you hate. He is a proud fallen prince of a dead world that subjected himself to indentured servitude by the very entity that killed his family, kingdom, his world, only because he knew he would get stronger under Freiza's service, and one day would be able to confront him. He was the first character in the DBZ universe to truly confront Freiza, one on one, and arguably without his courage and without his accomplishment of power at that moment in time, Frieza would have ended up destroying Namek because Goku would not have made it to the planet in time.

He became only the 3rd Super Saijin ever out of sheer hatred and jealousy of Goku....He directly overrided and overcame being mentally controlled by that little yellow guy that created Majin-Buu (forgot his name) and we learn that he allowed himself to be mind controlled because he knew it would boost his power. All in the name of confronting he who stole his pride.

I defy you to find a character in any storyline that uses the power of Hatred to such perfection as Vegeta.

Trainwreck2100
08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Vegeta's anger at himself for not being able to ascend no matter how hard he trained triggered his transformation.

E20
08-30-2008, 10:10 AM
See, I don't know about that. Vegeta and Goku said that Gohan was "not as strong as when he fought Cell"; I don't know what the "standard" is for a Super Saiyan 2. Gohan may have been stronger as a child than Goku or Majin Vegeta at their respective levels of Super Saiyan 2.
In addition, Broly was fighting weakened in movie 10. He probably could have healed more but abrutly woke up when he heard Goten. He still had the scars on his chest from movie 8 where Goku punched him. Broly also gets stronger as a fight goes on too.

Goku and Vegeta when they fight both state that there power is well above Gohan's at the time he fought Cell. It's fresh in my memory, because I just watched it a couple days ago LOL, but Broli was weakened, I think it's generally agreed upon that Broli's gigantic transformation is classified as a whole another level of SSJ.

He became only the 3rd Super Saijin ever out of sheer hatred and jealousy of Goku
Actually he is 2nd I think, because even though Future Trunks makes the appearnce of the 2nd SSJ, he attained that in the future 15 years after Vegeta of the future did, it is viewed upon that Vegeta was able to go SSJ before Trunks of that timeline, unless if you are couting Broli being the 1st Super Saiyan, then in that case yes Vegeta was the 3rd Saiyan to achieve SSJ status, but then again the movies are non-canon.

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Actually he is 2nd I think, because even though Future Trunks makes the appearnce of the 2nd SSJ, he attained that in the future 15 years after Vegeta of the future did, it is viewed upon that Vegeta was able to go SSJ before Trunks of that timeline, unless if you are couting Broli being the 1st Super Saiyan, then in that case yes Vegeta was the 3rd Saiyan to achieve SSJ status, but then again the movies are non-canon.

In the series, Vegeta mentions there was one before.

E20
08-30-2008, 12:27 PM
In the series, Vegeta mentions there was one before.

So I'm assuming that is Broli.

Gotenks
08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
So I'm assuming that is Broli.

Well vegeta did state that there was 1 every thousand years.

E20
08-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Well vegeta did state that there was 1 every thousand years.

Yeah that's what makes it sort of confusing and a plot hole. If one apears every 1 thousand years than it is an anamoly for Goku Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten to turn SSJ, but if you trace back the Saiyan timeline there could have only been one orginal SSJ before Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta and in movie 8 Broli is stated as the orginal legendary super saiyan. But then in DBGT Goku is considered the legendary ssj because he mastered all 5 forms.

Brutalis
08-30-2008, 03:14 PM
...wow...

Trainwreck2100
08-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah that's what makes it sort of confusing and a plot hole. If one apears every 1 thousand years than it is an anamoly for Goku Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten to turn SSJ, but if you trace back the Saiyan timeline there could have only been one orginal SSJ before Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta and in movie 8 Broli is stated as the orginal legendary super saiyan. But then in DBGT Goku is considered the legendary ssj because he mastered all 5 forms.

trunks and goten were able to because their dads were super saiyans when they were conceived. Future trunks couldn't until Gohan died because his arriving to Earth and becoming a SS showed Vegeta that two SS could exist in the same timeline. So in future Trunk's timeline he was conceived as a regular kid. The rest can't be explained

Rip-Hamilton32
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
...wow...

+1

v2freak
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Goku and Vegeta when they fight both state that there power is well above Gohan's at the time he fought Cell. It's fresh in my memory, because I just watched it a couple days ago LOL, but Broli was weakened, I think it's generally agreed upon that Broli's gigantic transformation is classified as a whole another level of SSJ.

Ah, fair enough. One thing that always bothered me was the difficulty involved with differentiating between Super Saiyan 1 and 2. It was easy for Gohan as a child but for Goku and Vegeta it was pretty hard to tell. People say to look for electricity but I haven't really found any real sense of continuinity.

Leetonidas
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
After reading this thread I just had to watch me some DBZ.

The whole fight between Majin Vegeta and Goku is awesome, along with SSJ4 Gogeta vs. Omega Shenron.

Mister Sinister
09-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Ah, fair enough. One thing that always bothered me was the difficulty involved with differentiating between Super Saiyan 1 and 2. It was easy for Gohan as a child but for Goku and Vegeta it was pretty hard to tell. People say to look for electricity but I haven't really found any real sense of continuinity.
It has to do with the hairstyles. Gohan's is a lot easier to tell because, IIRC at least, the 2 major defining visual signs are the electricity with the aura, and the one hanging spike of hair with the rest spiked straight up. Goku's is harder to tell, and Vegeta's much more so. I think. I'm tired. I dunno.

E20
09-01-2008, 02:09 AM
You can dinstinguish Goku's SSJ 1 and 2 form pretty easily. Besides the sparks, bigger aura, and larger muscle mass the thing that gives it away is the front of his hair is very different in both states.

Here are some snapshots I just took:

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8070/vlcsnap554840qr0.png
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/7757/vlcsnap554885kk1.png
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6732/vlcsnap554997wu9.png

Vegeta on the other hand is harder to tell. The key things to look for are the electricity sparks, larger aura, and more detailed and sharp hair + the larger muscle mass.

tp2021
09-01-2008, 02:28 AM
...wow...

+2. its in the right forum, anyway.
and righteous sig.

Piccolo

v2freak
09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
You can dinstinguish Goku's SSJ 1 and 2 form pretty easily. Besides the sparks, bigger aura, and larger muscle mass the thing that gives it away is the front of his hair is very different in both states.

Here are some snapshots I just took:

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8070/vlcsnap554840qr0.png
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/7757/vlcsnap554885kk1.png
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6732/vlcsnap554997wu9.png

Vegeta on the other hand is harder to tell. The key things to look for are the electricity sparks, larger aura, and more detailed and sharp hair + the larger muscle mass.

In movie 10 when Gohan fights Broly, it looks like he doesn't actually go Super Saiyan 2. There's no electricity, and I can't tell if there is a large increase in muscle mass. It wouldn't make sense for him not to go Super Saiyan 2 however, as it's clear that he can still reach that state by the time he "fights" Supreme Kai's assistant in the cannon.

E20
09-01-2008, 08:33 PM
In movie 10 when Gohan fights Broly, it looks like he doesn't actually go Super Saiyan 2. There's no electricity, and I can't tell if there is a large increase in muscle mass. It wouldn't make sense for him not to go Super Saiyan 2 however, as it's clear that he can still reach that state by the time he "fights" Supreme Kai's assistant in the cannon.
That's why the movies are non cannon there are too many plot holes to try to fit them in with the episodes.

Sense
09-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Goku is like the Manu of Saiyans

Shaolin-Style
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Anyone seen the stuff about the DBZ movies?

http://kotaku.com/5044692/oh-hollywood-what-did-you-do-to-dragonball

brace yourself

BWS-1994
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Based from what I've seen, Piccolo gets my vote. Maybe because he doesn't seem to be overpowered.

Anyone seen the stuff about the DBZ movies?

http://kotaku.com/5044692/oh-hollywood-what-did-you-do-to-dragonball

brace yourself

I'm praying that this won't flop :depressed