PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated's predictions

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 04:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/preview/2008/08/26/main/index.html?eref=T1

What a bootleg list. we will be better than the Broncos and Chiefs, guaranteed.

jack sommerset
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Who is "we". What team are you on?

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 05:13 PM
My team

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I;m a Pats, Yankees, and Laker fan,

Findog
08-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Minnesota 13-3 when they don't have a QB? Whatever.

I. Hustle
08-27-2008, 05:19 PM

OOOOOOHHHHH a bandwagoner

J.T.
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM

Fail.

The correct answer was "I'm a Cowboys, Yankees, and Laker fan"

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Fail.

The correct answer was "I'm a Cowboys, Yankees, and Laker fan"

damnit.

J.T.
08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Sports Illustrated is pretty fucking stupid...I agree with Findog, Minnesota isn't winning 13 games. Tarvaris Jackson will have a better year but he's not going to have a Romo type impact. And if AP gets hurt and misses some games they won't win more than 9 games.

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I got the Jags and Vike's in the superbowl. Dallas will find some way to fuck it up, they always seem to

J.T.
08-27-2008, 05:31 PM
I got the Jags and Vike's in the superbowl. Dallas will find some way to fuck it up, they always seem to

It's gonna be the Raiders and Cardinals, I been telling you fools this since before training camps opened up and you still don't listen to me.

jack sommerset
08-27-2008, 05:31 PM

Jags and Vikes. Good QB play from both squads, that could happen. I strongly doubt it but a good orginal pick.

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 05:35 PM
It's gonna be the Raiders and Cardinals, I been telling you fools this since before training camps opened up and you still don't listen to me.

Cardinals? are you fucking joking? the Falcons have had this since the day they drafted Mike Vick

Findog
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Minnesota may be loaded on both sides of the ball, but QB is one place where you can't afford to have a hole.

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Jags and Vikes. Good QB play from both squads, that could happen. I strongly doubt it but a good orginal pick.

You want originality? I got the Pats and Cowboys.

stretch
08-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Minnesota may be loaded on both sides of the ball, but QB is one place where you can't afford to have a hole.

2000 ravens says hello

Evan
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM

Ah yes...the ultimate bandwagoner set of teams.

J.T.
08-27-2008, 06:42 PM

How the fuck is that an ultimate bandwagoner set of teams when three NFL teams have more Super Bowl trophies than the Patriots?

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 06:45 PM

you are probably a bigger bandwagoner than me.
i wouldn't be surprised if you cheer for the Mavs, Rangers, and Lions. fucking bangwagoner.

Evan
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
How the fuck is that an ultimate bandwagoner set of teams when three NFL teams have more Super Bowl trophies than the Patriots?

I was being sarcastic based on what everyone else said...

Geez you're sensitive.

Donkey21
08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Woot they have Tampa Bay making playoffs...

jack sommerset
08-27-2008, 09:01 PM
So many things are going to change. I think they have the same teams in the AFC making it from last year. That will not happen. The Philly pick going 12-4. No Way!

Slinkyman
08-27-2008, 11:27 PM
looks like they just simmed a season of madden and posted it

bostonguy
08-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Taveras Jackson is a worthless piece of shit. Running qb's with shitty throwing skills dont last long at all. Even before his dog trial, Vick was a running qb with shit for passing. Vikes have a great run game and a kick ass D but they have pure shit at qb.

IronMexican
08-27-2008, 11:48 PM
looks like they just simmed a season of madden and posted it

:lmao :tu

bostonguy
08-27-2008, 11:50 PM
They picked Oakland to go 3-13 which sounds about right. 3-13 at worse and 6-10 at best.

bostonguy
08-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Well nice to have another Pats fan on board.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-27-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm not exactly sure of the Vikes cap situation, but they should have pushed harder for someone like Pennington. His play-action ability in that offense coupled with the game management skills he possesses would've been a perfect fit.

As it stands now, Vikes will be a playoff team who goes out early once TJ needs to make plays.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Have any of these dumbass "experts" ever picked Indy over NE in the playoffs? Why does the media gobble the patriots nuts like so?

IronMexican
08-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Have any of these dumbass "experts" ever picked Indy over NE in the playoffs? Why does the media gobble the patriots nuts like so?

Tom Brady has the cutest eyes, maybe that's why.

J.T.
08-28-2008, 01:13 AM

This year is prob the first year that Indy should be favored over NE no matter what if they are both healthy. NE's defense is old as fuck and they don't have a shutdown corner anymore. Manning is gonna drop 6 TDs on them in Week 9 you heard it here first.

stretch
08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Taveras Jackson is a worthless piece of shit. Running qb's with shitty throwing skills dont last long at all. Even before his dog trial, Vick was a running qb with shit for passing. Vikes have a great run game and a kick ass D but they have pure shit at qb.

Jackson has some ability. he isnt that bad. he definitley isnt any worse than Quincy Carter, but he actually has more brains, and Quincy was capable of leading a very mediocre cowboys team to the playoffs and a suprizing 10-6 record.

stretch
08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Well nice to have another Pats fan on board.

you are a dumbass

stretch
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
they don't have a shutdown corner anymore.

they never did. Samuel was a good ballhawker, but got beat WAY too often to be considered a shutdown corner, and benefited greatly from the Patriots great defensive system.

DBryant88
08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Phili wont even make the playoffs and dallas at 10-6 wow the so called experts have no clue as to what there talking about

Whisky Dog
08-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I think the Vikings disappoint this year and Peterson returns to earth a bit. Maybe even an injury since he's due for another one.

No way they win 13 games with a lack of passing ability. This isn't 1945.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
This year is prob the first year that Indy should be favored over NE no matter what if they are both healthy. NE's defense is old as fuck and they don't have a shutdown corner anymore. Manning is gonna drop 6 TDs on them in Week 9 you heard it here first.

Some experts MIGHT pick Indy in the reg season over them, but the patriots are always the "safe pick" in the playoffs.

Spuradicator
08-28-2008, 12:46 PM

Ok Andrea Kramer, LOL

dirk4mvp
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM

that's canceled out by the asschin

Findog
08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
2000 ravens says hello

Trent Dilfer was not a total fucking scrub.

bostonguy
08-28-2008, 01:42 PM

Our D-line is easily one of the best in the league. If they do their job and pressure, the secondary will be fine. Billichick can put literally anyone in that secondary and they can look amazing. Every year the Pats find new ways to shock people and not fall apart. This year will be no different. And Manning will be lucky to drop 2 td's on our D. I see him throwing 2 picks and getting sacked about 4 times.:toast

bostonguy
08-28-2008, 01:43 PM
you are a dumbass

lol raiders
lol al davis
lol raider fans treating every home game like its Halloween.

IronMexican
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Since this is foosball talk, did anyone catch that line on NFL live not so long ago when Trey Wingo told that red headed girl from ESPN "she has followed Brett Favre so long, he might be getting a restraining order":lol

stretch
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Trent Dilfer was not a total fucking scrub.

neither is jackson. hes a young QB that hasnt had much of a chance yet.

stretch
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
lol raiders
lol al davis
lol raider fans treating every home game like its Halloween.

lol lame

lol eli

stretch
08-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Our D-line is easily one of the best in the league. If they do their job and pressure, the secondary will be fine. Billichick can put literally anyone in that secondary and they can look amazing.

apparently not ellis hobbs. and hes your best CB. id be a little concerned over that if i were the pats or a pats fan...

J.T.
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Ellis Hobbs has been the goat in the Patriots last two playoff defeats.

monosylab1k
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM

:lmao are you fucking kidding me? Up until last year the media had their fucking gag reflex working on Peyton's cock. Every year was always the Colts' year. And every year they got curbstomped by the Pats, there was an excuse (i.e. "waaaah the Patriots DB's get away with too much contact :cry").

The Colts been favored by the media just about every damn time against NE since 2003.

monosylab1k
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
NE's defense is old as fuck and they don't have a shutdown corner anymore.

They didn't have one in 2004 either, Ty Law was hurt most of the year. I think they did OK.

can't wait for the "yeah but they cheated that year" response.

monosylab1k
08-28-2008, 03:43 PM
No bullshit, Colts finish third in their division this season. Let's not talk about them like they're in the same league as the Pats, Chargers, Cowboys, etc. They've become a second-tier team.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-28-2008, 03:50 PM
No bullshit, Colts finish third in their division this season. Let's not talk about them like they're in the same league as the Pats, Chargers, Cowboys, etc. They've become a second-tier team.

I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely see this year as their last year as true SB contenders.

SpursFanFirst
08-28-2008, 03:54 PM

You have a lot of faith in the Colts this year...the more time goes by, the more doubt I'm starting to have.
Have you seen that injury list? I know Dungy is probably being really cautious with several players, but still. And now Saturday goes down? Not good. :depressed

But dang, I'm sure sick of the Pats being picked over Indy.

IronMexican
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Ellis Hobbs has been the goat in the Patriots last two playoff defeats.

i'd give jabbar the edge in the one vs the Colts. that drop was hilarious,
his eyes got huge.

Findog
08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
neither is jackson. hes a young QB that hasnt had much of a chance yet.

Difference is that Dilfer was a veteran who might not beat you with his arm like a marquee QB, but he certainly wasn't going to get beat by fucking up and making mistakes. Perfect example of what people mean by "game-manager QB" that is not actually an insult.

J.T.
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
i'd give jabbar the edge in the one vs the Colts. that drop was hilarious,
his eyes got huge.

That was Reche Caldwell.

IronMexican
08-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Difference is that Dilfer was a veteran who might not beat you with his arm like a marquee QB, but he certainly wasn't going to get beat by fucking up and making mistakes. Perfect example of what people mean by "game-manager QB" that is not actually an insult.
he wasw such a good game manager, they released him at the end of the season

That was Reche Caldwell.

oh damn, my bad.

Findog
08-28-2008, 05:09 PM
he wasw such a good game manager, they released him at the end of the season

And I think that was proven to be a mistake.

J.T.
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
You have a lot of faith in the Colts this year...the more time goes by, the more doubt I'm starting to have.
Have you seen that injury list? I know Dungy is probably being really cautious with several players, but still. And now Saturday goes down? Not good. :depressed

But dang, I'm sure sick of the Pats being picked over Indy.

The Colts are one of the youngest and deepest teams in the NFL, especially on defense. Saturday's probably out for half the season but if Pollack's rookie year is as good as Ugoh's rookie year last year then he should be able to fill in for Saturday just fine.

Saturday is the biggest injury on the Colts right now. Manning, Harrison, Sanders and Freeney are healthy and those are the top two players we have on both sides of the ball. People are making a little too much out of the Saturday injury if you ask me... yeah I mean I know he's like the best center in the NFL and everything but the Colts offensive line was shuffled more than a Vegas blackjack deck last season and that really didn't seem to matter (it was the injuries on the defensive line that killed us).

Harrison, Wayne and Gonzalez are all going to have 1,000 yard seasons.

dirk4mvp
08-28-2008, 06:08 PM

lol, that's just showing straight up hate for the colts.

SpursFanFirst
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
The Colts are one of the youngest and deepest teams in the NFL, especially on defense. Saturday's probably out for half the season but if Pollack's rookie year is as good as Ugoh's rookie year last year then he should be able to fill in for Saturday just fine.

Saturday is the biggest injury on the Colts right now. Manning, Harrison, Sanders and Freeney are healthy and those are the top two players we have on both sides of the ball. People are making a little too much out of the Saturday injury if you ask me... yeah I mean I know he's like the best center in the NFL and everything but the Colts offensive line was shuffled more than a Vegas blackjack deck last season and that really didn't seem to matter (it was the injuries on the defensive line that killed us).

Harrison, Wayne and Gonzalez are all going to have 1,000 yard seasons.

Have you forgotten that the best clip board holder in the NFL is also hurt now? What are we going to do without Sorgi? :(

bostonguy
08-28-2008, 09:35 PM
apparently not ellis hobbs. and hes your best CB. id be a little concerned over that if i were the pats or a pats fan...

Not with Bellichick at the helm. Each and every year people think the Pats D will fall apart and just suck yet it hasnt happened. A secondary is nothing if the d-line cant pressure the qb. Seymour/Wilfork/Warren do a hell of a job pressuring. Plus drafing well and finding gems in camp etc make me even less worried.

TheSanityAnnex
08-29-2008, 01:48 AM
This Colts/Patriots discussion is pretty pointless because it is obvious the Colts can not beat the Chargers anymore, no matter where the game is played.

J.T.
08-29-2008, 02:20 AM
This Colts/Patriots discussion is pretty pointless because it is obvious the Colts can not beat the Chargers anymore, no matter where the game is played.

And the Chargers can't beat the Patriots no matter where the game is played either.

stretch
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM

they had to dumb down the offense because Dilfer sucked. i think that the "game-manager" stuff is just a way of saying the offense was dumbed down, either because the QB sucks, or because of the lack of weapons/protection. The latter certainly was not the problem, so it leaves us with... the QB sucked.

stretch
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Not with Bellichick at the helm. Each and every year people think the Pats D will fall apart and just suck yet it hasnt happened.

lol, plaxico

bostonguy
08-30-2008, 03:10 AM
lol, plaxico

lol trading moss for a 4th
lol 16-13 2002 divisional playoffs
lol raider slogans
lol al davis