PDA

View Full Version : The RNC Convention - Monday in New Orleans

Nbadan
08-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Wouldn't this be the ultimate irony!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT07/refresh/AL0708W5+gif/024313W_sm.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
i just hope the message of "GET THE F' OUT!!!!!!!!!!" is broadcasted in a language that people can understand this time instead of Swahili like it was broadcasted last time.

...........and if i'm not mistaken mccain got on bush's ass pretty good for the poor response.

Nbadan
08-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Errr..

http://havenworks.com/images/tv/tube/blog/2008/McCain-Bush-HavenWorks-com-tv-blog.jpg

Mr. Peabody
08-27-2008, 11:18 PM
...........and if i'm not mistaken mccain got on bush's ass pretty good for the poor response.

McCain was so upset that he refused to give Bush a piece that had sprinkles.

http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/capt.azsw10208291734.bush_azsw102.jpg

Nbadan
08-27-2008, 11:25 PM
For Na' Oleans sake I hope Gustov stays away, but this storm is taking some weird turns...

boutons_
08-28-2008, 12:15 AM
McSame is roadkill

Repug convention could be stormkill

Will the "Christian" supremacist evangelicals hear from God that He sent the Gustav to punish the Repugs?

RandomGuy
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Even if the hurricane doesn't put the convention on the kibash, the irony of Bush's party holding his convention in the place of one of his administration's greatest domestic failures seems to be lost in the shuffle.

Good job Brownie.

DarkReign
08-28-2008, 01:07 PM
McSame is roadkill

Repug convention could be stormkill

Will the "Christian" supremacist evangelicals hear from God that He sent the Gustav to punish the Repugs?

Man, I have a feeling you are going to be sorely disappointed come November.

Never accuse people of hubris, is all Im saying.

T Park
08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I thought the convention was in St Paul Minnesota....

clambake
08-28-2008, 02:16 PM

...and there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

IceColdBrewski
08-28-2008, 03:48 PM

I was going to mention that earlier, but thought it would be funnier to see how long the thread played out before someone mentioned it.

JoeChalupa
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I'll be watching it. The convention that is..

Spurminator
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
This is a confusing thread.

2centsworth
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
boy the libs are informed and accurate:lol

MannyIsGod
08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Sigh....

WTF?

Karl Rove couldn't even spin a defense of this shit. WTF???

Nbadan
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
The Convention is in Minn.....but even the M$M whores can't ignore Gustov in Na' Oleans over licking McCain's balls for four days.....Charles Gibbons and Stephonophagus are gonna have a brain aneurysm ...

boutons_
08-28-2008, 08:12 PM
GOP Ponders Convention Delay as Gustav Nears Gulf Coast

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/28/AR2008082803165.html?hpid=topnews

Anti.Hero
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Hopefully we get some rain out of it.

T Park
08-28-2008, 10:31 PM
The Convention is in Minn.....but even the M$M whores can't ignore Gustov in Na' Oleans over licking McCain's balls for four days.....Charles Gibbons and Stephonophagus are gonna have a brain aneurysm ...

Huh?

T Park
08-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I was going to mention that earlier, but thought it would be funnier to see how long the thread played out before someone mentioned it.

Yeah like I've said before, obviously I'm not smart enough to pick up on all this hip humor, so I was confused by the whole New Orleans thing.

TeyshaBlue
08-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah like I've said before, obviously I'm not smart enough to pick up on all this hip humor, so I was confused by the whole New Orleans thing.

The humor index was very, very low for this thead.

Nbadan
08-30-2008, 01:31 AM
It will be interesting to see how Gustov plays against the GOP convention in the M$M Monday...

Gustav is now a hurricane, according to wind data taken by the latest Hurricane Hunter flight. At 3:11 pm EDT, the Hurricane Hunters visually estimated surface winds of 90 mph, and the SFMR instrument also measured a patch of surface winds of hurricane force, 75-90 mph. Gustav's pressure has fallen 8 mb since it exited the western tip of Jamaica this morning, and now stands at 980 mb, its lowest pressure so far.

Visible satellite loops continue to show a well-organized and intensifying storm that is growing larger in size. Upper-level outflow is established in all quadrants and is growing. Low-level spiral bands are multiplying and intensifying, and the amount and intensity of Gustav's heavy thunderstorms are steadily increasing. A well-defined eye has appeared, and Gustav appears poised to enter a phase of rapid intensification. Radar from Pilon, Cuba shows the developing spiral bands of Gustav quite well. Dry air is not evident anywhere close to Gustav.

It's time to leave New Orleans

Today is the 3rd anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's catastrophic hit on the Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama coast. Unfortunately, I think that people living in New Orleans should mark the anniversary of Katrina by getting the heck out of the city. You live at the bottom of a bowl, much of it below sea level. While New Orleans must exist where it is, this is not natural. Nature wants to fill up this bowl with huge quantities of Gulf of Mexico sea water. There is a storm capable of doing that bearing down on you. If you live in New Orleans, I suggest you take a little Labor Day holiday--sooner, rather than later, to beat the rush--and get out of town. Gustav is going to come close to you, and there's no sense messing with a major hurricane capable of pushing a Category 3 storm surge to your doorstep. Don't test those Category 3 rated--but untested--levees. Conventional pre-Katrina wisdom suggested that the city needed 72 hours to evacuate. With the population about half of the pre-Katrina population, that lead time is about 60 hours. With Gustav likely to bring tropical storm force winds to the city by Monday afternoon, that means that tonight is a good time to start evacuating--Saturday morning at the latest. Voluntary evacuations have already begun, which is a good idea.

WeatherUnderground (http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1049&tstamp=200808)

Nbadan
08-30-2008, 01:34 PM
As if Gustov striking Louisiana during the RNC convention wasn't irony enough a 'christian group' headed by James Dobson posted a video on their website that asked Christians to 'pray for rain on Obama's Speech'....

Group Headed by James Dobson Asks Christians to Pray for Rain at Obama Speech

Focus on the Family Action pulled a video from its Web site today that asked people to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" during Barack Obama's Aug. 28 appearance at Invesco Field in Denver to accept the Democratic nomination for president.

Stuart Shepard, director of digital media at Focus Action, the political arm of Focus on the Family, said the video he wrote and starred in was meant to be "mildly humorous."

But complaints from about a dozen Focus members convinced the organization to pull the video, said Tom Minnery, Focus Action vice president of public policy.

"If people took it seriously, we regret it," Minnery said Monday.

Alertnet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/94853/group_headed_by_james_dobson_asks_christians_to_pr ay_for_rain_at_obama_speech/)

I guess we have God's judgement....

Nbadan
08-30-2008, 01:54 PM
McCain Considering Curtailing, Suspending Convention Due to Gustav

The GOP candidate tells Fox News that the convention may be trimmed, altered or even suspended for a day or two due to the storm headed toward the Gulf coast.

McCain: “It wouldn’t be appropiate to have a festive occasion while a near tragedy or a terrible challenge is presented in the form of a natural disaster.”

Fox’s Chris Wallace says party officials are very sensitive about their perceived inadequate response to Hurricane Katrina.

The Page (http://thepage.time.com/2008/08/30/mccain-considering-curtailing-suspending-convention-due-to-gustav/)

bRar6yKZE8g

Mr. Body
08-30-2008, 02:01 PM
McCain's switch to public funds - does this happen after the convention, or at a specific date?

Mr. Peabody
08-30-2008, 02:50 PM
McCain's switch to public funds - does this happen after the convention, or at a specific date?

It's after he accepts his party's nomination.