PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone miss Dennis Rodman

msuh27
08-28-2008, 01:51 AM
hi guys,

i just saw on old pic of rodman, and i got to thinking, what if he was on this team. i mean, when he used to average 6 pts and 17 rebs a game. he could really help us now at PF.

Sense
08-28-2008, 02:23 AM
thats nice

Brutalis
08-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Meh

I never liked dude.

honestfool84
08-28-2008, 06:58 AM
i liked him ... on the bulls.

ChuckD
08-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Mental case.

Taco
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Rodman Was All About Rodman, The Team Came A Distant 4th After "me Myself And I"

mrspurs
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Dont know about anyone else. But i cant stand Fruitcake.

stretch
08-28-2008, 08:20 AM
baseline bum misses him.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Fuck Rodman for costing the Spurs the 95 title. I don't get how the haters will shit on Robinson and call him soft for getting outplayed by Olajuwon in that one series, and then go sing Rodman's praises as some kind of great winner when he quit on the fucking team in that series.

stretch
08-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Fuck Rodman for costing the Spurs the 95 title. I don't get how the haters will shit on Robinson and call him soft for getting outplayed by Olajuwon in that one series, and then go sing Rodman's praises as some kind of great winner when he quit on the fucking team in that series.

lol bitter

MajorMike
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Everyday. I mean, can you imagine Bruce with pink hair and a wedding gown? Scary.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 08:54 AM
You're a dumbass. Rodman's idea of competing in that series was saying fuck it, and jacking up threes as some kind of sick joke.

ChumpDumper
08-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I don't miss Rodman because someone brings him up here at least once a month.

[Waits for the next "DRob can still play better than Oberto, sign him up" thread]

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Rodman helped David come out of his shell and eat his pizza, crust-end first. For that, I'll always be grateful.

bigfan
08-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Rodman was a turd.

SenorSpur
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
I miss in contributions, not his attitude.

xtremesteven33
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
having a frontcourt of Duncan,Rodman and Bowen would just not be fair.....

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Let's sign him and Sprewell.

JamStone
08-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Rodman is 3 years older than Kevin Duckworth.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Rodman is 3 years older than Kevin Duckworth.

In that case I'm stunned our FO hasn't given him a call yet.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
I'd still rather have Duckworth.

MoSpur
08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
When he went out and played I miss him, but other than that not really. I wish we had someone like that on this team. Production wise I mean. Not attitude wise.

Tully365
08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
I'd still rather have Duckworth.

:lol It's probably too soon to make that joke-- but I still laughed.

Obstructed_View
08-28-2008, 05:54 PM
That Spurs team desperately needed rebounding. Larry Smith was a welcome addition to the team before Rodman arrived. Waiting until the biggest series in team history to decide not to cover Robert Horry was unforgivable.

msuh27
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
oh wow, i guess overwhelmingly we dont miss him. ok, close the thread now.

Bean Dip
08-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I loved him as part of The Bad Boys.

Sean Cagney
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Not really, he was a great rebounder here like most said but he did give up pretty much in that 95 series and most blamed D Rob for it. Hakeem went off for sure, but Rodman shooting stupid threes and missing FT's like I don't care during that series rubbed me the wrong way. I loved him in Detroit though, he helped them out alot.

Biernutz
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Rodman was o.k. till he started wearing a dress and acting like David Lee Roth.

The Truth #6
08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
The 95 playoffs was a meltdown all around. Hill had lost whatever little control of the team he had. Rodman quit on the team, but I'm not sure that was the only reason we lost. Hill had not prepared the team very well for the playoffs and didn't have much of a defensive system if I remember correctly. Also, Pop would now be better able to handle different personalities, though that might mean he just doesn't sign them.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 09:23 PM
The 95 playoffs was a meltdown all around. Hill had lost whatever little control of the team he had. Rodman quit on the team, but I'm not sure that was the only reason we lost. Hill had not prepared the team very well for the playoffs and didn't have much of a defensive system if I remember correctly. Also, Pop would now be better able to handle different personalities, though that might mean he just doesn't sign them.

'95 isn't all on Rodman, as Robinson got outplayed soundly by Olajuwon and their guards got hot. Still, that was a winnable series if Rodman showed up and played hard. That Rockets team wasn't that strong on the glass after trading Otis Thorpe, and a Rodman playing to half his potential could have caused serious matchup problems for Houston.

Jobbs
08-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I do. Everyone ran him out of town thinking he was doing nothing for the team when he really was. He opened up DRob on D.

What happened when Dennis left? Oh yeah...part of that Bulls championship run. He by far was my favorite Spurs player in the 90's.

exstatic
08-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Rodman is a disease.

Sean Cagney
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I do. Everyone ran him out of town thinking he was doing nothing for the team when he really was. He opened up DRob on D.

What happened when Dennis left? Oh yeah...part of that Bulls championship run. He by far was my favorite Spurs player in the 90's.

He was a great rebounder here in SA as he was anywhere, he lead the league both years right? Dude was just a freak on the boards. He was your fave by far over David or Sean in their primes? Wow you must have really liked dude. He helped out the team no doubt, but seriously the headache he brought was probably not worth it.

BTW the Bulls had a three peat before him as well, with MJ and Pippen almost anything around them would do :lol

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 10:47 PM

Watch game 2 of the 95 WCF and tell me how he helped the team in that series.

Jobbs
08-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Watch game 2 of the 95 WCF and tell me how he helped the team in that series.
As much as I HATE Houston, Hakeem was too much to handle even for D Rob.
Rodman brings headaches, yes. However he made players around him better. How'd you think D Rob won MVP that year. :hat

He was a great rebounder here in SA as he was anywhere, he lead the league both years right? Dude was just a freak on the boards. He was your fave by far over David or Sean in their primes? Wow you must have really liked dude. He helped out the team no doubt, but seriously the headache he brought was probably not worth it.

BTW the Bulls had a three peat before him as well, with MJ and Pippen almost anything around them would do :lol

:lol yeah but Rodman was a far better 4 on D than Ho Grant was. Since I started following the Spurs in the late 80's, Rodman was the most energetic guy they had. You knew he was going to push himself so hard that you expected 10-15 rpg every night.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
As much as I HATE Houston, Hakeem was too much to handle even for D Rob.
Rodman brings headaches, yes. However he made players around him better. How'd you think D Rob won MVP that year. :hat

It's pretty obvious you don't have an accurate recollection of his act in games 2 and 5 of that series.

GSH
08-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Just yesterday I happened to see a few minutes of the action-adventure movie they made with Rodman as the hero. Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. If I knew, for absolute certain, that it was intended to be a comedy, then it might slip to 3rd or 4th worst movie. But I'm pretty sure the producer and Rodman both intended it to be serious.

No doubt he had skills. But he was a circus freak. That Chicago team was good enough to bail water a little faster than the leaks he caused. But I have to agree that he was a big part of sinking the 95 Spurs. The refs and the league were tired of his shit by then, and the team didn't have the star-power of Michael Jordan, so they didn't mind kicking his ass openly.

I miss Dennis Rodman about the same way I miss Liberace. As long as I only had to look at them about once a year, I could laugh and say, "What freakin' planet is he from?" Anything more than that was too much.

rj215
08-29-2008, 03:02 AM
I miss Dennis Rodman's Pizza Hut commercials with DRob....but that's about it...

MrChug
08-29-2008, 03:32 AM
This is a fucked up truth but whatever...I couldn't pass the ball to Rodman because I'd never know where he was. It'd be too hard to look at him in the first place.

mojorizen7
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Rodman was a trip,a cancer,and a head case but he was a badass on the court. I miss his game but i don't miss the man...er woman...er... whatever.

JamStone
08-29-2008, 09:40 AM
It's pretty obvious you don't have an accurate recollection of his act in games 2 and 5 of that series.

Rodman still averaged 15 rebounds a game that series.

In game 2, he only played 17 minutes. He can't really sabotage the game from the bench.

In game 5, he still had 12 rebounds, and the Spurs lost by over 20 points. Hard to pin the blame on Rodman for that loss.

In game one in San Antonio, he pulled down 20 rebounds and the Spurs still lost.

In the deciding game 6, Rodman not only pulled down 17 rebounds, but he went 7-for-9 from the field scoring 14 points.

He still wanted to win.

You can point to game 2 and game 5, but there's no guarantee that the Spurs win the series anyway. And, it's not like Rodman didn't do anything. It may have made a difference. I might not have. If Robinson wasn't Hakeem's bitch back then, it wouldn't have mattered if Rodman "sabotaged" them or not.

Stop being bitter.

Just let it go.

MiamiHeat
08-29-2008, 09:44 AM
h8uRa8k746g

0kMyU9KPwhw

texasqb2
08-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Rodman was actually in the news the other day, it was one of yahoo's top sports stories. Phil Jackson was asked who was the greatest athlete he had ever coached and while everyone waited for him to pick between Jordan and Kobe, he said that was easy...Dennis Rodman. He went on to say Rodman could play a whole game and be just as strong at minute 48 as he was when the game started.

angel_luv
08-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't miss Dennis Rodman, but I don't dislike him.

Manufan909
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
h8uRa8k746g

0kMyU9KPwhw

So what happened when Carl and Dennis were falling all over each other? It seemed to me that Malone started most of it, but how did the refs call it?

Harry Callahan
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
No.

Sissiborgo
08-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Good player but damn rood and all of what he did..

baseline bum
08-29-2008, 04:12 PM

In game 2, he only played 17 minutes. He can't really sabotage the game from the bench.

In game 5, he still had 12 rebounds, and the Spurs lost by over 20 points. Hard to pin the blame on Rodman for that loss.

In game one in San Antonio, he pulled down 20 rebounds and the Spurs still lost.

In the deciding game 6, Rodman not only pulled down 17 rebounds, but he went 7-for-9 from the field scoring 14 points.

He still wanted to win.

You can point to game 2 and game 5, but there's no guarantee that the Spurs win the series anyway. And, it's not like Rodman didn't do anything. It may have made a difference. I might not have. If Robinson wasn't Hakeem's bitch back then, it wouldn't have mattered if Rodman "sabotaged" them or not.

Stop being bitter.

Just let it go.

You ever think there was a reason he only played 17 minutes in game 2? In the first quarter he started jacking up threes (3 times) and wasn't getting back in transition. Please explain to me how him taking 3 threes in a quarter is anything but treating a must-win game 2 as a big fucking joke. If Rodman wanted to win so badly, why did he skip the beginning of practice for game 5? If he gave a shit about winning, you'd think he'd be ecstatic about coming back from an 0-2 hole to even it at 2-2 with the next game at home. It's ludicrous how 99% of NBA fans put the blame for 95 all on Robinson and completely ignore how much of a cancer Rodman was in that series. Getting in a pissing match with the coach (who was an equal douchebag) was priority #1 for Rodman, not winning a title.

ambchang
08-29-2008, 04:15 PM

He still wanted to win.

Stop being bitter.

Just let it go.

Watch the series dude. Rodman jacked up 3 after 3 in the series, left Horry wide open so that he could snatch rebounds to pad his stats throughout the whole series. He didn't play an ounce of defense or offense, and allowed the Rockets to double, and sometimes triple Robinson, while making Robinson handle both Hakeem AND man the middle, which is impossible for anyone to do.

The Spurs won 19 of 21 when Rodman got hurt, and it was hardly a coincidence.

Spurtacus
08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
For whatever its worth I don't miss him.