PDA

View Full Version : Let me give you some FREE advice on your next purchase.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I've said this here before. I get this kind of customer all the time.

This is for all the people who think its a good idea to tell their car, boat, RV and motorcycle salesman that they're :gasp: CASH BUYING.

Stop fucking doing that. You're only fucking yourself by telling people you intend to pay cash. There is no reason to ever give a discount to a cash a buyer. There never was. In fact you usually pay more. Not in comparison to a full term finance because of interest but for the deal straight up vs. the next guy needing financing.

Unless - You plan to buy a shitty car from an even shittier "buy here pay here" lot. Sometimes a cash poor shithole 2nd rate car lot might just might be willing to work something out with a guy who's will pay cash. To avoid the risk. Even thats pretty rare this day and age with all the GPS and key lock equipment that allows these guys to turn a car over 4 or 5 times.

If you are shopping at a normal place of business don't be an idiot and blurt out that you're a cash buyer even if you are.

I'll explain later. I doubt I'll have to though....since you people already know everything and by god you guys are the most savvy of shoppers ever to grace the web :rolleyes.

Brutalis
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I want to buy your password. I'll pay with cash!

Bigzax
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
you've already spread this knowledge though bishop...this is a rerun...

MannyIsGod
08-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Life Coach thread!!!!

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
you've already spread this knowledge though bishop...this is a rerun...
Just like your mom did and failed to accomplish. Some people need to hear it over and over and over again.

Dex
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Even if it's 112 ones? I like to show off my fat wad.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Even if it's 112 ones? I like to show off my fat wad.
112 ones!!!!! Flaunt that shit baby.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 11:18 AM
lmao at the fact that my threads only go 5 pages when I'm being a dick.

DannyT
08-28-2008, 11:22 AM

its the only time we can take you serious

DizzG.
08-28-2008, 11:27 AM
This topic may make me listen to the last SR email i got and sign back up.

ashbeeigh
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM

So is that all of them?

Bigzax
08-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Just like your mom did and failed to accomplish.

Some people need to hear it over and over and over again.

could you repeat that?

what's with the mom stuff?

i didn't bring up your dead dad that died hating you? :wakeup

08-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Buy used. Let some other sucker take the depreciation hit.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM
This topic may make me listen to the last SR email i got and sign back up.Good thing you supported this statement with logic and reasoning. Matter of fact you made a great point...I see what you did there with that well laid out and executed arguement.

Have you signed back up at that shithole yet?

Thunder Dan
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
pay with a credit card- get the rewards, then pay your bill in full with cash when you get it

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
pay with a credit card- get the rewards, then pay your bill in full with cash when you get itI'm an advocate for this provided you can do it within a 45 day period. Putting an amount over 10k on card will likely whack the shit out of your credit to available credit line causing your score to drop significantly. If you turn around and pay it off your score will recover. Good idea. Just don't sit on it.

DarkReign
08-28-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm an advocate for this provided you can do it within a 45 day period. Putting an amount over 10k on card will likely whack the shit out of your credit to available credit line causing your score to drop significantly. If you turn around and pay it off your score will recover. Good idea. Just don't sit on it.

While I find your act amusing, what is it you exactly do in life for money?

Moreover, what makes you think your advice and lifeskills leadership qualify you in those areas?

What personal/professional accomplishments do you have over the likes of others?

MoSpur
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Know it all thread!

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Moreover, what makes you think your advice and lifeskills leadership qualify you in those areas?

What personal/professional accomplishments do you have over the likes of others?
I deal with the general public. I deal with accounting, sales, finance and assholes good and bad.

I've helped fix shit credit for quite a few people including myself. I've been in many and I many good and bad relationships so I've seen and been through a lot.

I've lived poor, rich and inbetween.

I've seen and been around a lot in my life. Personal and business related.

If you don't like my advice I have no problem with someone not taking it. All I suggested is that you don't tell a salesperson you're a cash buyer. Its a red flag to pull out the broomstick for a little rib tickling via the anus.

as far as what makes me right....

rarely am I proven wrong and if I am I'm here to listen as to why. Most people just argue to argue with out producing the "why". I give the "why" and "why not".

I don't know everything and never said I did. I just know a lot about a lot of different shit and I don't sugar coat my response with PC and friendly bullshit like everyone else. I give clear blatant responses to everything.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Know it all thread!
Coming from a practicing artist.

Wanna actually comment on the thread topic or just cry like always?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM

Car, boat, RV or motorcycle salesman.

Just a guess from the OP.

ShoogarBear
08-28-2008, 02:16 PM
pay with a credit card- get the rewards, then pay your bill in full with cash when you get it

Pay with someone else's credit card. All of the rewards and none of the hassles.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Pay with someone else's credit card. All of the rewards and none of the hassles.
Now thats thinking outside of the triangle.

Sunshine
08-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Great free advice, thanks!

I would have gladly paid CASH for it though.

Anti.Hero
08-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Money talks, bullshit walks!

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Great free advice, thanks!

I would have gladly paid CASH for it though.
I take paypal.

Sidenote: Its perfectly fine to actually pay cash for something. Just don't tell them that until after the deal is done and written up. Make them think they need to secure financing for you. Then cut the check.

Sunshine
08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I take paypal.

Sidenote: Its perfectly fine to actually pay cash for something. Just don't tell them that until after the deal is done and written up. Make them think they need to secure financing for you. Then cut the check.

I'll forward $1.98 to your PayPal account ASAP. :p:

I. Hustle
08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
That's why I always pay in diamonds
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/shopping-for-diamonds.jpg

timvp
08-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Pretty good advice, B2B. Although I'd argue that the even dumber move is to tell the salesman how much payment you can afford per month. You give that info, you better have the KY handy.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Four square.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Pretty good advice, B2B. Although I'd argue that the even dumber move is to tell the salesman how much payment you can afford per month. You give that info, you better have the KY handy.
No shit. I usually establish a price buyer or payment shopper as quickly as possible. Much easier to close a payment shopper if they aren't concerned with the bottom line only the monthly.

Spurminator
08-28-2008, 02:43 PM
What would you say if they ask up front?

leemajors
08-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Bend over.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Like this:

Salesperson: do you need financing or are you cash buying...

Lie like this

Salesguy: So Mr. Basics do I need to secure financing for you, is this a joint purchase with a wife or co-signer or are you paying cash, you putting any money down?

Me: I haven't decided if this will be a joint purchase with the wife or not. We'll need financing though, I'm not rich. I'm probably looking at 0 down, I'm not trying to stretch the outer limits of my bank account here. Lets work a deal out first and then hammer out the particulars. You haven't even earned my business yet.

Then once you get to the bottom dollar. DRIVE OUT PRICE not sales price. Then you can come with "well this will work for me. Let me get my checkbook and we'll take of this right now".

Never ever negotiate some price spit out of salespersons mouth. Biggest mistake ever.

Salesguy: its 18,900

Stupid buyer: will you take 17k.

Salesguy: thats a stretch

Dumb buyer: well 17k is where I buy go talk to your boss lol

Salesguy: ok GM says dayum you drove a tough bargin but 17k it is

Dumb buyer: :highfiveswife:

Salesguy: :adds dealer prep and freight or whatever other fee he comes up with (there are thousands) to your TT&L to make back his couple of grand.:

you expect to see a good 2-3k in tax, title and license so you really aren't paying attention if the figure should be 1,900 or 3,900 so long as you got your 17k.

You just got boned.

The part about not paying cash is the fact that you want your salesperson to think he'll have to overcome securing financing for you. Banks only advance a certain percentage based on dealer invoice. Say 13k on a 10k car. Thats an advance of 3k. But salesguy wants to sell it to you for 15k and you don't have the 2k difference in down payment then the deal is squashed or he'll have to lower his price.

Its highly likely he won't shoot for the homerun unless you're cash buying because no one wants to come down after a deal is done, that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. Most people would be "well fuck it why didn't you come down in the first place". If they try and sell you something thats too expense the salesperson is stuck having to ask you for some big money down to close the gap. If you cash buy there is no gap to close all he has to do is get you to make the purchase and if you like what he has he can charge you an arm an leg for it without having to overcome a bank or the worry of a downpayment.

Everyone wants little to no down so a salesperson will write skinny to medium size deals to keep from having issues. Less issues = quicker close.

Thats why they ask you if you have a downpayment. They can bump the price without a bank getting in the way.

mark it

You need financing and you probably need 0 down. Then go from there.

JoeChalupa
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
I rarely use cash. Debit card all the way.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
No shit. I usually establish a price buyer or payment shopper as quickly as possible. Much easier to close a payment shopper if they aren't concerned with the bottom line only the monthly.

I hate car salesmen that try to sell me on the payment amount. This hasn't happened to me since I've ummm, matured a bit, but when I was younger the payment amount was always the hard sell tactic when I'd car shop.

I would always keep my HP business calculator in my back pocket and then pull it out and do the math on the amortization and then hand it to the salesperson to show him how much OVER the asking price they were usually trying to sell me a car for.

As soon as some SOB salesperson would pull that crap with me I was done with him.

I think when you're young, salespeople automatically assume you're gullible. Apparently if you're female it doesn't matter how young you are because my female clients call me for advice all the time on major purchases, and usually they've got some male salesperson lying out their ass to them. Women have a good sense of when someone is trying to cheat them, so I'm not sure why so many salespeople, mechanics, repair people try to do it.

boo_radley
08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Why not say you are paying cash?

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Right here

Why not say you are paying cash?

The part about not paying cash is the fact that you want your salesperson to think he'll have to overcome securing financing for you. Banks only advance a certain percentage based on dealer invoice. Say 13k on a 10k car. Thats an advance of 3k. But salesguy wants to sell it to you for 15k and you don't have the 2k difference in down payment then the deal is squashed or he'll have to lower his price.

Its highly likely he won't shoot for the homerun unless you're cash buying because no one wants to come down after a deal is done, that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. Most people would be "well fuck it why didn't you come down in the first place". If they try and sell you something thats too expense the salesperson is stuck having to ask you for some big money down to close the gap. If you cash buy there is no gap to close all he has to do is get you to make the purchase and if you like what he has he can charge you an arm an leg for it without having to overcome a bank or the worry of a downpayment.

Everyone wants little to no down so a salesperson will write skinny to medium size deals to keep from having issues. Less issues = quicker close.

Thats why they ask you if you have a downpayment. They can bump the price without a bank getting in the way.

mark it

You need financing and you probably need 0 down. Then go from there.

timvp
08-28-2008, 05:13 PM
BacktoBasics, knowing that you are in sales, have you have run into the homework-in-hand-always-vague-original-agreement-reneger? Or is it renega? Anyways, yeah that's my method of purchase. The result is a low price and a pissed off salesman.

Salesman: Hi. Have you been helped yet?

HIHAVOAR: No not yet.

Salesman: Alright, I'm Bob I'll be glad to help. Do you have a price range you are looking at?

HIHAVOAR: Actually, here is the model I want and here is the out the door price I'm willing to pay.

Salesman: Do you have a trade in? Will this be financed?

HIHAVOAR: I'm not sure yet. I first want to know if you can get me that price.

Salesman: It's a bit low. I'd have to ask my manager. By the way, if financed how much are you looking spend per month?

HIHAVOAR: First talk to your manager.

Salesman: We can't do $35,000 but we can do $37,500. That is still $5K off the list price.

HIHAVOAR: Alright then, thanks for your time.

Salesman: Wait. Do you have a trade in? We have an in-house financing rate that can't be topped. How about you let me give you a quote.

HIHAVOAR: I'm just interested in getting that price.

Salesman: Alright, let me see with my manager if there is any more wiggle room.

HIHAVOAR: K.

Salesman: My manager gave me special permission to give it to you for $35K. No will this be financed? Do you have a trade in?

HIHAVOAR: Actually, while you were gone I got a call from a dealership offering $32K.

Salesman: I'm sorry sir, we can't do that.

HIHAVOAR: Here's my card tell me if you change your mind.

Salesman: :cuss :bang Let me go ask my manager once again. :cry

HIHAVOAR: :smokin

Repeat until the salesman turns red.

Obviously that takes a high level of hardassness but in today's market, if the salesman isn't either pissed or on the verge of tears you paid too much. People don't have much disposable income right now so some companies are being told to sell by all means necessary. Even taking a loss makes sense if their inventory isn't going to sell out before the product depreciates.

I might have to find where BacktoBasics works and use this method. Then I can come back to SpursTalk and wait for him to start the thread :hungry:

DoortoDoorsalesman
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I find that brutal honesty works best for me.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2008, 05:21 PM
I like that tactic, Timvp. :tu

Thanks to the internets what I do is negotiate the best deal I can find with basically any dealership that will work with me online. Then I print off our negotiated price and take it with me into the local dealership. I even will work out the trade value by emailing pics, and vital stats on the to-be-traded car.

When I last bought a vehicle I was told by the local guys that they could only come $3,500 off this sticker until I showed them what a Houston dealership was willing to do for me. I ended up at $9K under the sticker price for the same (actually better) vehicle, plus my trade.

I hate dealing with salesmen.

BacktoBasics
08-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Timvp

For anything new that method is strong because there is never a shortage of what you want. Just make sure to do it to a few salespeople so you can actually benchmark the figure against other real dealership prices.

For used its a scary thought because if you've recieved their bottom dollar on something you really really want, and you walk, you run the risk of the item (which might not be easily replaced) being sold to someone else. Happens all the time, someone jews me up and plays hardball only to find out 2 days later I moved the unit to some douchebag for more money.

Walking when you are a real buyer and ready to do business is a risk...on anything used.

The only thing you want to do differently is talk drive out price not sale price.

Texas.

Sales Tax - 6.25%

Some form of Vehicle Inventory Tax - .002122 or so % Say 30 bucks for every 10k

T&L - Roughly 75-150 bucks depending on what you're getting.

Doc Fee - 50 bucks

Nothing more nothing less. Don't pay freight. Don't pay Make ready...dealer prep, gas surcharge blah blah blah

Only these fees

Price of unit
Tax
Title and License
Texas Vehicle Inventory Tax
Doc Fee

There is no law against anyone creating a Spurstalk fee so look for funky shit showing up.

Lackluster
08-28-2008, 06:34 PM
from what i understand about the car business, you can pay a fee to a private institution that can give you the average dealer cost on any make/model you want.

from here, you fax/email every dealership in the state until you find someone that is willing to give you the price you want (which may not be the exact dealer cost, but you now have an idea of the gross profit being included in the deal)

someone will sell a car at their cost just to move inventory, and probably to have upgrade potential down the line.

oh and DON'T LEASE! (unless it's a copier :toast)

ShoogarBear
08-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I find that a mask and a weapon get me pretty much what I want, when I want, and at a very reasonable price.

Ginofan
08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I find that a mask and a weapon get me pretty much what I want, when I want, and at a very reasonable price.

:lmao

CuckingFunt
08-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I've found that possessing both tits and a brain is a scary and confusing situation for most salespeople (especially but not exclusively male salespersons) to deal with. It has served me well in the past.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I've found that possessing both tits and a brain is a scary and confusing situation for most salespeople (especially but not exclusively male salespersons) to deal with. It has served me well in the past.

Your ripped the tits off of a woman and dangeled them in front of a salesperson?

Del Griffith
08-28-2008, 10:29 PM
After reading this whole topic I feel like I just gave birth to a Money Magazine.

PM5K
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Fucking suckers, I just steal whatever car I want....

mrsmaalox
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Your ripped the tits off of a woman and dangeled them in front of a salesperson?

Oh gawd that is scary. But can you imagine the sheer terror of those poor guys when she whips out her dick?! Damn!

CuckingFunt
08-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Oh gawd that is scary. But can you imagine the sheer terror of those poor guys when she whips out her dick?! Damn!

I'd never whip it out without a request.

I do have manners, you know.

BacktoBasics
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
from what i understand about the car business, you can pay a fee to a private institution that can give you the average dealer cost on any make/model you want.

from here, you fax/email every dealership in the state until you find someone that is willing to give you the price you want (which may not be the exact dealer cost, but you now have an idea of the gross profit being included in the deal)

someone will sell a car at their cost just to move inventory, and probably to have upgrade potential down the line.

oh and DON'T LEASE! (unless it's a copier :toast)If there is in fact a company that can access information like you're decribing it'll be based on non dealer discounted figures. No way anyone gets that actual dealer invoice. Most reasonably sized to large dealers don't even allow that figure to show up anywhere on a invoice, MSRP or simple dealer breakdown sheet.

All dealerships or most carry a dummy invoice thats less the specific dealers discount so they have a larger cost to show the banks.

I'd bank hard money on any kind of "cost" or "invoice" someone gets is nothing more than the dealer sheet all these places stuff in a filing cabinet for finance reasons or to show a nosey know it all customer.

I wouldn't rely on it for shit.

Some very large dealers get addition discounts for all kinds of reasons. Those are very very very private.

No one sells anything at cost. Price comparison with drive out figures is your best bet. Hell most employees can't even access the real invoice.

Lackluster
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
If there is in fact a company that can access information like you're decribing it'll be based on non dealer discounted figures. No way anyone gets that actual dealer invoice. Most reasonably sized to large dealers don't even allow that figure to show up anywhere on a invoice, MSRP or simple dealer breakdown sheet.

All dealerships or most carry a dummy invoice thats less the specific dealers discount so they have a larger cost to show the banks.

I'd bank hard money on any kind of "cost" or "invoice" someone gets is nothing more than the dealer sheet all these places stuff in a filing cabinet for finance reasons or to show a nosey know it all customer.

I wouldn't rely on it for shit.

Some very large dealers get addition discounts for all kinds of reasons. Those are very very very private.

No one sells anything at cost. Price comparison with drive out figures is your best bet. Hell most employees can't even access the real invoice.

consumer reports will provide you with dealer cost and any dealer rebates for a small fee.

my old man's been buying cars like that for years.

also, the dealer will move cars at their cost because the real money is made down the line in terms of service and warranty work. between administrative fees, commission, freight, and other costs associated with the actual sale of a car, there is little to be made on the actual transaction.

BacktoBasics
08-29-2008, 03:23 PM
consumer reports will provide you with dealer cost and any dealer rebates for a small fee.

my old man's been buying cars like that for years.

also, the dealer will move cars at their cost because the real money is made down the line in terms of service and warranty work. between administrative fees, commission, freight, and other costs associated with the actual sale of a car, there is little to be made on the actual transaction.
What you just said is a prime example of what I'm trying to teach people to avoid.

The "cost" you're seeing is not the true dealer cost. Its invoice before the discounts...its the same dealer cost the banks sees when they agree to the loan. Its not the actual cost. I don't know how many times I have to say this. MOST DEALERSHIPS HAVE 2 COUNT THEM 2 INVOICES WITH DEALER COST. The real one which no one sees except the accountant and the shredder and the one they keep on file for everyone else including the bank.

Here is the big WHY. and not the only why either.

One dealership might get a bigger volume discount than another but they shouldn't be punished on the finance end of things because of that. So they get the dummy invoice with no discounts and it evens up the cost across the board. This is so fundamental to sales its not even funny.

If one dealer got an additional 2k discount do you realized that in the end that discount could cost them thousands of deals because the banks would want huge downpayments to cover the advance on a fair market deal. Therefore you go off of the non discounted invoice.

This is exactly why you shop dealerships not some invoice.

between administrative fees, commission, freight, and other costs associated with the actual sale of a car

you got that right and that is the exact type of shit I'm telling you to avoid. No dealership unless its some type of buyback will ever sell a vehicle at cost or near cost.

I can provide you with a dealer cost of 20k before the 3,500 in dealer discounts we get. I can tell you its invoice because it is.

I can tell you "hey look pal this is cost see the bottom line of 20k. Then do exactly what you mentioned above and jack up the price with a bunch of fees above and beyond regular Tax title and license and not only did I make 3,500 on the deal but I nailed for another 2k in freight, dealer prep and so forth.

You are talking about doing exactly what I'm telling you not to do. I'm telling you point blank thats a trick to fuck you over.

Feel free to keep doing it your way. You put a shitload of good food on peoples tables.

BacktoBasics
08-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Fuck it I'm going to write it out for you.

Dealer 1 (average size dealer)

Truck cost 20k
-2k volume discount

cost 18k

Fair market value

Thats a 115% advance based on the 20k invoice.

If you base the advance off the real invoice of 18k its a little over a 125% advance.

Pretty big advance. Some banks only advance 115%. So with the non discounted invoice you can get the deal bought at 0 down.

With real invoice you have to turn around and pop your customer for 2k down. Might and likely will squash a deal.

--------------------------------------

Dealer 2(big fucking dealer)

Same truck invoice of 20k

-4k volume discount becuase they're a huge dealership.

now you have a cost of 16k with a fair market value of the same 23k

HOLY SHIT thats over 140% advance. The banks are going to require huge money down unless this dealership wants to start selling shit real cheap and sell themselves short.

With the same dummy 20k invoice that dealer could work a deal down say 3k and still make a killing on you. You think you just paid invoice and saved a ton compared to the next guy. Then they go in and charge you say a 3500.00 freight, dealer prep, fuel adjustment surcharge so on and so on and so on and put the cherry on top.

you just paid 500 more than the guy selling you the same thing at 3k over the 20k invoice you bought from consumer reports or the invoice you demanded a salesman show you.

See the math?

This is why you shop drive out prices. Not an invoice. Shop the competition not some print add.

BacktoBasics
08-29-2008, 03:39 PM
This is also my main point about cash buying. No bank to deal with no advance to worry about. All they have to do is make you love the vehicle. Most people don't shop hard they just go buy something and want to hear they got a good deal.

Lackluster
08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
thanks for your response man! good stuff.

consumer reports bottom line pricing seems to take most everything into consideration as far as invoice pricing not being the bottom line though.

it mentions that the invoice is easily obtained, but that there are other factors at play. it provides insight on:

-hidden sales incentives from the manufacturer
-holdbacks
-rebates from dealer-invoice price
-customer rebate and incentive amounts

i also find consumer reports to be a tad more credible than most 'print ads', or they probably wouldn't exist. are you saying that most any inside track on car deals is beyond any and all scope of something like consumer reports?

BacktoBasics
08-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I think you can get good info from Consumer Reports.

What it sounds like is that Consumer Reports is trying to expose some of the extracurricular charges surrounding "invoice" shopping. I don't doubt that they can lend some inside info into a roundabout dealer cost on a product line I just know thats its going to be an awefully broad figure thats based on a product line across the board as a whole not a dealer by dealer breakdown.

No way CR gets pricing for say a Red McCombs and then compares their real invoice to Champion Automotive and then to this dealer and that dealer across the country.

Thats really where you have to take the info you get from CR with a grain of salt....good info it just doesn't go the extra mile. If they did in fact do a dealer by dealer breakdown I couldn't even begin to imagine the fallout with all the confidentiality agreements when a manufacturer like Ford determines prices for one dealer buying 10k vehicles and another dealer buying 2k vehicles.

This is where looking for those extra charges becomes so valuable. You then determine what you think is fair and what isn't by shopping not the "sale" price but the "driveout" price from dealer to dealer.

One dealers 17,900 is not the same 17,900 at another once you get to the final drive out figure regardless of invoice.

I absolutely love people that come in and think they're smart and ask me for invoice. I'll just pop inside and grab the non dealer discounted invoice and say...

Ok man here it is but don't expect us to just give it away. We might be able to work something out at 400 or 500 over cost, how does that sound. We gotta make something pal.

Meanwhile we got 3,500 in dealer discounts no shown so we did pretty well and if I decide to pop you for freight or dealer prep I might add an extra 1,500 do the bottom line.

BacktoBasics
08-30-2008, 09:13 AM
The inner workings of this type of retail sales is absurd. You can work at a dealership for half a decade and still not get it. More times than not a dealership will go out of its way to keep all the "real" info away from the salespeople.

This way you don't have to worry about a good salesperson growing a concious about being somewhat misleading or unethical. A salesperson who believes he's giving a customer the deal of a lifetime is always a successful one. Not everyone has the ability to seem believable so managements job is to create belief in their sales staff that transition to the customers.

If you believe something you will pitch it with sincerity and heart. People buy from people they trust and believe.

BacktoBasic's Wife
08-30-2008, 05:10 PM
O.K. Mr. Know it All, time to get home. I got dinner waiting, and I nee jou to wash Felipe, because me and Celia are going to Bingo at 8.

IronMexican
08-30-2008, 05:34 PM
What Mexicans do bingo night? we just drink tequila and play poker.

BacktoBasic's Wife
08-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Well I guess ju aren't mary to Mr. No it all then, are ju? Es my one big ni out, and he let me dribe the Cheby, cause he no I can no drive that pinche Corvette.

Brutalis
08-30-2008, 05:42 PM
No. Way.

BacktoBasic's Wife
08-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Buenes sno ches peeple. I go now take curlurs out my head an ge ready, for bingos. I gat to fine my luky liters, candle an speshal bontanicas. I weel beet those white beeshes.

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Bump.

marini martini
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
So did you quit yer job yet???

stretch
05-14-2009, 10:15 AM
you guys are getting fucked paying all this money for cars

i download mine off limewire

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
So did you quit yer job yet???No. Maybe next year. Maybe late this year. I plan on full-time life coaching.

marini martini
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
No. Maybe next year. Maybe late this year. I plan on full-time life coaching.

Do you have a web site??? I got some serious BS going down with family members, where murder ain't an option.:rolleyes

Fillmoe
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
so what youre saying is that i shouldnt pay cash to the sluts on craigslist?

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Do you have a web site??? I got some serious BS going down with family members, where murder ain't an option.:rolleyesI'm always here for you. Just PM me.

phxspurfan
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM

That's BS because I just paid 2K for my MacBook on my AmEx and I didn't get any rewards poitns at all; I think b/c I paid it off before they charged me interest.

Basically I think the only give you rewards points if you allow them to make money off your purchase (charge you interest) and the rewards points are a total scam. I have almost 25,000 points (that's $25,000 in spending) and I can * almost * get an 8GB iPod Nano. What a crock.

phxspurfan
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry, back on topic: I am realizing how much I got screwed over on my last purchase. I got a 06 TSX for 23k (used) and thought I got an ok deal for a nice car. Then I came in and they killed me with the Low-Jack, Gap Coverage and extended warranty. Out the door price ended up being around 28 with TT&L and fees. that's 5k over what I thought I was paying.

Definitely a big mistake was going by the four square and working by monthly payment. Ugh.

Richard Cranium
05-14-2009, 11:19 AM
No. Maybe next year. Maybe late this year. I plan on full-time life coaching.

I hope you plan on having a second real job because I wouldn't pay squat for your advice.

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I hope you plan on having a second real job because I wouldn't pay squat for your advice.Feel free to go back and actually quote something you would consider to be poor advice. Maybe you can't tell the difference between actual advice and being facetious. Or maybe you just wanted to take a jab. Either way I think you statement would be a lot more productive if you went back and quoted me, then offered up some thoughts of your own to show us all where my advice doesn't live up.

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry, back on topic: I am realizing how much I got screwed over on my last purchase. I got a 06 TSX for 23k (used) and thought I got an ok deal for a nice car. Then I came in and they killed me with the Low-Jack, Gap Coverage and extended warranty. Out the door price ended up being around 28 with TT&L and fees. that's 5k over what I thought I was paying.

Definitely a big mistake was going by the four square and working by monthly payment. Ugh.
The problem is that half these extended warranties are good and the other half are worthless. Its hard to tell unless you know who/what you're dealing with.

I generally don't mind spending an extra 2k for a couple of years of extra warranty but you gotta be able to see plain and clear whats covered and what's not.

Soul_Patch
05-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Sometimes i miss selling cars...but then i remember how much it blew when you had a slow month.

Good advice B2b...i made my fattest commisions off old farts who tried to muscle me around with the "cash buyer" BS.

I sold new cars, but would always try and turn them to used. I had an old couple come in once for a truck "THEY WERENT GOING TO BUY!!" but "I GOT CASH SO I EXPECT A GOOD DEAL!" i schmoozed for a while and put them on a slightly used high milage dodge PU...used cars have no viewable price on teh window, so i told them it was 6k higher than it really was. We got to the table, without even bitching, i said "i like you guys, and since you are makin it easy on me with the cash, im taking 4k off the top without even asking my mgr", would you guys be willing to make this quick for that kind of deal...of course they would, deal was signed sealed delivered before i even got the numbers from my boss..

Point being,
i profitted about 1800 dollars from that one deal that took about 2hrs. Bottom line is, if i know i dont have to F with financing, the world is my oyster and i got room to F around with you all day.

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Sometimes i miss selling cars...but then i remember how much it blew when you had a slow month.

Good advice B2b...i made my fattest commisions off old farts who tried to muscle me around with the "cash buyer" BS.

I sold new cars, but would always try and turn them to used. I had an old couple come in once for a truck "THEY WERENT GOING TO BUY!!" but "I GOT CASH SO I EXPECT A GOOD DEAL!" i schmoozed for a while and put them on a slightly used high milage dodge PU...used cars have no viewable price on teh window, so i told them it was 6k higher than it really was. We got to the table, without even bitching, i said "i like you guys, and since you are makin it easy on me with the cash, im taking 4k off the top without even asking my mgr", would you guys be willing to make this quick for that kind of deal...of course they would, deal was signed sealed delivered before i even got the numbers from my boss..

Point being,
i profitted about 1800 dollars from that one deal that took about 2hrs. Bottom line is, if i know i dont have to F with financing, the world is my oyster and i got room to F around with you all day.The slow months have me wanting to open up a vein.

Love the classic "thanks for making it easy me let give you a huge discount". They'll be telling their friends about their "deal of the century" :rolleyes until they die. Well played.

Soul_Patch
05-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I kinda felt bad afterward....especially a week later when the old man came driving up in his dodge that was in great condition! and it was clanking like it had a bent rod / F'd up piston...asking me if i could help him out.....

err...woops...

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I kinda felt bad afterward....especially a week later when the old man came driving up in his dodge that was in great condition! and it was clanking like it had a bent rod / F'd up piston...asking me if i could help him out.....

err...woops...Outside of the up and down pay I really do think thats why typical sales type jobs like this have a high turnover rate. Its almost impossible to do strictly "good business" with people. You can't make any money doing it by the book. You gotta twist and turn it...massage it, to get it done. Its mentally exhausting and for the most part only partially gratifying in the end. The sales guy, no matter what, is always the bad guy.

phxspurfan
05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Man, I did telemarketing for 5 years and sold knives even to make money. Everyone's in business to make a living so no worries. Just good to see people getting educated about how business is really done so they don't have their heads up their asses. Good lookin out.

BacktoBasic's Wife
05-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey meester no it all funny man. Me an little Juanito ere runnink out tof Beeg Red ofer here on Staples. Theese rebelio flaks aren't celling to good to the touristas. Ju got any more brite ideas smart man??