PDA

View Full Version : My PS3 won't load any disks.

sa_kid20
08-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I've had my PS3 for about 8 months now and this is the first time i've had any kind of problems with it. It worked just fine yesterday but today i was gonna play NBA 2K8 and when i put the game in it wouldn't load; it just had that circle in the top right corner like it was loading but the game never loaded. I tried all my games and movies and none of them worked either. I don't have a warranty or a receipt so i know this is gonna end up costing me some money to fix if i can't find a simple solution. If anybody has any info on how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Slydragon
08-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Flip the switch in the back off and unplug it and leave it be for about 30 mins. Then replug and try again. This work for my friends PS3 when it did this*BUT* his is the only one that I know of that it started to work again after this happen.

Go online and google "PS3 will not read disc" and see how many people had to send it in for repair at the cost of about $120.00. Some were able to get it done for free after they said they bitch and bitch till it was done for free.

sa_kid20
08-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Flip the switch in the back off and unplug it and leave it be for about 30 mins. Then replug and try again. This work for my friends PS3 when it did this*BUT* his is the only one that I know of that it started to work again after this happen.

Go online and google "PS3 will not read disc" and see how many people had to send it in for repair at the cost of about $120.00. Some were able to get it done for free after they said they bitch and bitch till it was done for free.
Thanks i'll try that out. And yeah i already googled the problem and it seems like most people ended up having to send it in for about $150.00 unless they had a warranty and got it done for free. I don't have a warranty but i'll see what i can do if it comes to that.

PM5K
08-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Why don't you have a warranty, isn't the warranty one year?

Heath Ledger
08-29-2008, 08:09 AM
go to wal mart, buy a ps3 brand new, put this one in the box and return it problem solved, ive done this on a few occasions and nothing ever happened

Heath Ledger
08-29-2008, 08:09 AM
btw i always get extended warranties on my game systems

E20
08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
go to wal mart, buy a ps3 brand new, put this one in the box and return it problem solved, ive done this on a few occasions and nothing ever happened

Wow..........shady, yet clever.

Heath Ledger
08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
No, shady is Wal Marts labor practices, how they treat their employees and how many tens of thousands of mom and pop shops Wal-Mart put out of business on their way to becoming a fucking giant.

T Park
08-29-2008, 07:40 PM
No, shady is Wal Marts labor practices, how they treat their employees and how many tens of thousands of mom and pop shops Wal-Mart put out of business on their way to becoming a fucking giant.

So they are shady because they are successfull?

interesting.

sa_kid20
08-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Why don't you have a warranty, isn't the warranty one year?

Yeah it is but i don't have the receipt so i have no proof of purchase. I bought it at Wal-Mart with a credit card so i was gonna see if they could somehow look it up and re-print a receipt but i don't even know if they do that.

PM5K
08-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Yeah it is but i don't have the receipt so i have no proof of purchase. I bought it at Wal-Mart with a credit card so i was gonna see if they could somehow look it up and re-print a receipt but i don't even know if they do that.

Wow that's gay, I was reading around and it looks like Sony does do that, whereas Microsoft will go by the date of your receipt, or in lieu of that the date of console manufacture....

Your credit card company doesn't offer an extended warranty?

florige
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I've had my PS3 for about 8 months now and this is the first time i've had any kind of problems with it. It worked just fine yesterday but today i was gonna play NBA 2K8 and when i put the game in it wouldn't load; it just had that circle in the top right corner like it was loading but the game never loaded. I tried all my games and movies and none of them worked either. I don't have a warranty or a receipt so i know this is gonna end up costing me some money to fix if i can't find a simple solution. If anybody has any info on how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Also try this. Try holding the power button until it beeps I think five times. The system will reset itself and that might do it for you. It's either 5 or three times, but you will know because the system will turn off and on again.
Man that sucks dude, hopefully that will work for you man......

Heath Ledger
08-30-2008, 05:51 PM
No they aren't shady because they are successful they are shady how they got to be and continue to be successful.