PDA

View Full Version : If this doesn't convince you to drive safely...

Cry Havoc
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure anything will.

http://timeslips.bootnetworks.com/a3tree/index.html

I have to wonder how fast they were going.

I did some math, and if they were going 55 when they hit the tree, it exerted about 100 TONS of force against the car, depending on the angle they hit at.

I Love Me Some Me
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
You can buy that very Audi at Drivetime for $550 a month.

E20
08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Why would anybody NOT want to drive safely?

I'm just going to bitch about some things I see on the road:
-Loud blaring music, FUCK It's annoying and you're not cool.
-Speeders, speeding an insane amount over speed limit, you're not cool.
-People who change lanes frequently to pass other people up even when traffic is smooth just so they can speed, fuck it's annoying nad you're not cool.
-People with like beater cars, (nothing against beaters, I love them and wish i could own one) who have there exhaust pipes modified so it makes a loud racing noise, wtf annoying and not cool.

there is a bunch of other stuff but i'm too lazy.

phyzik
08-29-2008, 10:40 AM
That will buff right out.

People who change lanes frequently to pass other people up even when traffic is smooth just so they can speed, fuck it's annoying nad you're not cool.

people who camp in the passing lane trying to play policeman so no one can pass... your not fucking cool.

Trainwreck2100
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
It wouldn't be that much of a problem if everybody else didn't drive like a bunch of pussies

mavs>spurs2
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
E20 I do everything you just listed so fuck you

Trainwreck2100
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
That will buff right out.

people who camp in the passing lane trying to play policeman so no one can pass... your not fucking cool.

it's not playing policeman for me, its keeping someone from somewhere they are probably running late to.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM

Sounds about right.

ashbeeigh
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM

-People who change lanes frequently to pass other people up even when traffic is smooth just so they can speed, fuck it's annoying nad you're not cool.

All this happened to me on the way to work. I wanted to shake the guy in the Tundra that was doing it...but alas..I was in a Jetta and he was in a Tundra. That was an uneven match.

J.T.
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
For some reason when I think of E20, I don't think of someone qualified to be the Cool Police.

E20
08-29-2008, 10:49 AM

Tell it to the pitbull I just fucked up.

InRareForm
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Playing your music really loud with Windows up is all good.

Music is meant to be played loud. Bad Music is meant to be turned off.

CuckingFunt
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM

-People with like beater cars, (nothing against beaters, I love them and wish i could own one) who have there exhaust pipes modified so it makes a loud racing noise, wtf annoying and not cool.

Aren't you the one who refuses to look over your shoulder before changing lanes?

remingtonbo2001
08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
it's not playing policeman for me, its keeping someone from somewhere they are probably running late to.

:lmao

Way to dish out lessons in punctuality.

tlongII
08-29-2008, 11:21 AM
I play the music loud with my windows down sometimes. I can't help it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM

Way to dish out lessons in punctuality.

I'm just trying to figure out what kind of amazing remote control he has that allows him to control half the drivers in Houston.

J.T.
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM
This thread has made me want to drop some LSD and drive 25 miles over the speed limit on I-35, weaving through traffic and cutting people off left and right, with my hippie rock music turned all the way up and the windows down. Preferably after a while of doing this, I'll head out into an area with lots of trees where I can crash my SUV into a tree going 80MPH in a 35 after messing with my ipod, sliding off the road and spinning out from the overcorrection due to the rain.

stretch
08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Tell it to the pitbull I just fucked up.

if you are talking about the shitty rapper, then you deserve a medal

ShoogarBear
08-29-2008, 12:01 PM

I did some math, and if they were going 55 when they hit the tree, it exerted about 100 TONS of force against the car, depending on the angle they hit at.

I'm guessing they were doing way more than 55.

And if it had happened in a movie, the car would have burst into flames.

Slomo
08-29-2008, 12:23 PM

55mph will not do that to a car. It had to be a lot more, I'm guessing well above a 100 mph, more like 120...

mrsmaalox
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Probably those drivers are victims of poor parenting.

phyzik
08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing they were doing way more than 55.

And if it had happened in a movie, the car would have burst into flames.

would it have burst into flames before or after the accident? :wakeup

Brutalis
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I may be a puss but I am really anal about driving safely.

I do have road rage though. I scream and cuss out my window at people that don't signal or when someone tailgates me I brake often for no reason.

Ginofan
08-29-2008, 01:31 PM
If you look at one of the pictures with the gauges on the front dash, you can see the speedometer is stuck way above 50. Or do they use km/h over there?
http://timeslips.bootnetworks.com/cgi/antileech.cgi?a3tree12

Slomo
08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
If you look at one of the pictures with the gauges on the front dash, you can see the speedometer is stuck way above 50. Or do they use km/h over there?
http://timeslips.bootnetworks.com/cgi/antileech.cgi?a3tree12

With the exception of the UK and its colonies, we all use km/h.

:p:

Sorry couldn't resist :lol

Ginofan
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

I knew most of the world did except for us but I wasn't too sure who else didn't :oops

Slomo
08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I knew most of the world did except for us but I wasn't too sure who else didn't :oops

No problem, just couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw in the colony reference :)

ShoogarBear
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
would it have burst into flames before or after the accident? :wakeup

Depends on if it's a U.S. or a foreign film.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
The flammability of any car is directly proportional to the amount of corrupt double agents or masterminds in said vehicle.

Slomo
08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
The flammability of any car is directly proportional to the amount of corrupt double agents or masterminds in said vehicle.

True

Some are so flammable that they actually burst into flame before the impact itself (see final helicopter scene from"Cliffhanger")

ShoogarBear
08-29-2008, 02:03 PM

Except for the wired car that the best friend of the hero gets into during the opening minutes.

E20
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Aren't you the one who refuses to look over your shoulder before changing lanes?

I"m a changed man.

Cry Havoc
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM

This thread is hilarious.

:toast

Del Griffith
08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I may be a puss

ok who wants this quote in thier sig?

I do have road rage though. I scream and cuss .

I have seen some of your posts, you have forum rage also.

marini martini
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Probably those drivers are victims of poor parenting.

mrsmaalox
08-29-2008, 02:58 PM

:lol that was just a little good natured jab at the OP! I'm sure he didn't miss it.

SpursWoman
08-29-2008, 03:05 PM
55mph will not do that to a car. It had to be a lot more, I'm guessing well above a 100 mph, more like 120...

The speedometer looked like it was stuck on about 90-100mph, FWIW.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2008, 03:09 PM

I think even at 55, though, hitting a tree that big sideways is pretty much an assured death.

Slomo
08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Actually the person seating on the side furthest away from the impact point has a good chance in today's latest cars. The other one is fucked though.

Cry Havoc
08-29-2008, 03:28 PM

KPH. Notice that there are no secondary indicators on the speedo. That means it's gotta be KPH, I think.

Slomo
08-29-2008, 03:41 PM
It happened in Portugal - it's kph.

And I doubt that the position where the needle is stuck is a valid indication of the speed they were going at at the time of impact. Look what it did to the car, for the needle to have stayed put would be a miracle.

ShoogarBear
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
No wonder they crashed . . . the steering wheel is all bent up!

SpursWoman
08-29-2008, 04:05 PM
It happened in Portugal - it's kph.

And I doubt that the position where the needle is stuck is a valid indication of the speed they were going at at the time of impact. Look what it did to the car, for the needle to have stayed put would be a miracle.

I wasn't trying to be some kind of psychic or anything ... I have no clue what they maxed out at. It was a semi-educated guess ... since that's where it was stuck, that would have to have been the least they were doing. :lol

And mph, kph...yeah, yeah. I'm sure if my Nissan has both, that Audi does, too. Damn Richers .... :fro

CuckingFunt
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I"m a changed man.

Since I occasionally drive around in your neck of California, I'm very relieved to know this.

ShoogarBear
08-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I"m a changed man.

That makes two of us.

Biernutz
08-29-2008, 05:53 PM
MY condolences to the family's of the two men but unfortunately some people have cars that are better than they are. The driver was way over his head. Maybe they should have been driving a minivan

baseline bum
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Every fucking one of those things are about the coolest shit you can do in a car other than getting road head.

E20
08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Every fucking one of those things are about the coolest shit you can do in a car other than getting road head.

What about doing differntial equations or calculus or c++ while driving with one eye on the road and one eye on the books/program? Now that's cool.

J.T.
08-29-2008, 06:25 PM

Driving while getting road head is even trickier than drunk driving because I want to take my hands off the wheel and play with her hair or something. Actually by comparison drunk driving is a lot easier.

baseline bum
08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Driving while getting road head is even trickier than drunk driving because I want to take my hands off the wheel and play with her hair or something. Actually by comparison drunk driving is a lot easier.

No, the tricky part is avoiding red lights.

J.T.
08-29-2008, 06:28 PM
No, the tricky part is avoiding red lights.

Why not just run the red lights? Given that there's no oncoming traffic of course. I always take "no cop, no stop" to heart.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-30-2008, 01:49 AM

Huh? Aus/NZ use kms - we went metric in 1966!

Only the North Americans and the UK still use miles, although in the UK they often have both on signs.

E20 - unusually mature post for you about driving safety, although you may care to reconsider the stupidity of road rage (which causes accidents and person to person assaults), and rather than tapping your brakes with tailgaters (which could easily cause an accident), just take you foot off the accelerator and slow down to a crawl until they pass you. As for not head checking when changing lanes, that's just bad driving because you aren't accounting for your blind-spot.

2Blonde
08-30-2008, 02:02 AM
The way that passenger's seat was folded in half looked a lot like the inside of my daughter's fusion last week. Nobody in her passenger's side, front or back, would have survived. I have thanked God many times that she was on her way to her friend's house and not on her way from her house with her as a passenger.

Slomo
08-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Huh? Aus/NZ use kms - we went metric in 1966!

Only the North Americans and the UK still use miles, although in the UK they often have both on signs...

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/Sense_of_humour.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-30-2008, 03:18 AM
Okey-dokey!

Actually, I never had one to begin with.