PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Acquire Ewing Jr. For Draft Rights To Weis

Spurs Brazil
08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54215/20080829/knicks_acquire_ewing_jr_for_draft_rights_to_weis/

Knicks Acquire Ewing Jr. For Draft Rights To Weis

Aug 29, 2008 2:52 PM EST
The New York Knicks have acquired Patrick Ewing, Jr. in a trade with Houston in exchange for the draft rights to center Frederic Weis.

"Patrick Ewing will have an opportunity here to compete for a spot on our roster," said Donnie Walsh. "He is a solid defensive player and a very good athlete."

Ewing, Jr. was originally drafted by Sacramento in the 2008 NBA Draft as the 43rd overall selection. He was traded to the Rockets on Aug. 14 as part of a multi-player deal that included Ron Artest.

"Coming to the Knicks, and hopefully being able to contribute, means a lot to me. It has always been my dream to play for this team," Ewing, Jr. said. "My goal is to show the coaches that I can play and do all that I can to help the team win some games."

Weis was New York’s first-round draft choice (15th overall) in 1999 and became controversial because they passed on Artest, who was known locally from playing at St. John's and growing up in Queensbridge.

Via RealGM Staff Report

ShoogarBear
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
:rollin

I don't know if I'd ever want to say I was traded straight up for the nonexistant possibility of getting Frederic Weis.

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
:lol
XMrPjl-927Q

BlackSwordsMan
08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
who the fuck is carter?

Allanon
08-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Frederick Weis is in the #1 dunk video of all time, that's gotta be worth ... something.

rj215
08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Sleep with the lights on Eastern Conference..the Knicks have a Ewing on their squad :rolleyes

xtremesteven33
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
cool for the Knicks franchise.

thats like having Robinsons son play for the Spurs. (and no its no comparison between Ewing and David)

just a feeling the Knicks fans can get with thier franchise legends son now playing for them now.....cool feeling

T Park
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
cool for the Knicks franchise.

thats like having Robinsons son play for the Spurs. (and no its no comparison between Ewing and David)

just a feeling the Knicks fans can get with thier franchise legends son now playing for them now.....cool feeling

He won't even come close to making the team.

Tully365
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
XMrPjl-927Q

It's too bad that a dunk over a tall french guy marked the peak of Carter's career, rather than, say, playing some defense and being the mature leader of a team that challenges for an NBA title. Never like that guy. After he intentionally tanked a season in Toronto, he topped my list for worst attitude from a star. Guys like Iverson and Artest may not always be the best behaved role models around, but at least they always play their butts off.

IronMexican
08-29-2008, 10:01 PM
It's too bad that a dunk over a tall french guy marked the peak of Carter's career, rather than, say, playing some defense and being the mature leader of a team that challenges for an NBA title. Never like that guy. After he intentionally tanked a season in Toronto, he topped my list for worst attitude from a star. Guys like Iverson and Artest may not always be the best behaved role models around, but at least they always play their butts off.

well said.

another reason i have no respect for Moss

baseline bum
08-29-2008, 10:28 PM
http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/6n1jtdx5n40tbre8vrr2.jpg

:lmao

WTF? Remember what happened last time Laker fans talked about winning 70 games?

Pero
08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Is that girl the one Kobe's screwing?

Freeze
08-30-2008, 10:15 PM
XMrPjl-927Q

Ofensive foul :rolleyes