PDA

View Full Version : Joe McKnight.

IronMexican
08-30-2008, 02:44 PM
damn, already looking impressive. now the question is will he be able to do this once he is in the NFL

DMX7
08-30-2008, 05:27 PM
He's a stud. Who cares if he can do in the NFL? I care about college football and now, not the NFL.

Besides, I'm sure he can.

JamStone
08-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I think the more appropriate question is whether USC will do a better job of covering up all the financial gifts they give to McKnight and his family.

IronMexican
08-30-2008, 08:06 PM
I think the more appropriate question is whether USC will do a better job of covering up all the financial gifts they give to McKnight and his family.

Disgruntled Michigan fan?:p:

don't worry, one day the Big 10 will beat the Pac on new years

JamStone
08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I think it's a fair question. It has nothing to do with being disgruntled.

IronMexican
08-30-2008, 09:20 PM
People just love cali.

JamStone
08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
And free money.

And houses for their broke parents.

And 72 inch plasma TVs in dorm rooms.

Etc.

IronMexican
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
and all the girls you want, and becoming a legend in LA

PeterBurns
08-30-2008, 10:12 PM
It is pretty sickening how the USC stuff gets sweeped under the rug. Bush was taking illegal gifts, now it comes out that OJ Mayo was on the take. Got to love being in a big TV market. If it was Ole Miss, or A&M, this would be a totally different story.

Pathetic. But I will say, with that team, they could probably win the NFC West.

DMX7
08-30-2008, 10:38 PM
And free money.

And houses for their broke parents.

And 72 inch plasma TVs in dorm rooms.

Etc.

That's how the ballers roll, so deal with it.

JamStone
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Did I say anything negative about it by merely bringing it up?

It is what it is. I'm just mentioning it.

johngateswhiteley
08-31-2008, 01:00 AM

USC...isn't giving these guys anything. big difference...get your facts straight.

johngateswhiteley
08-31-2008, 01:01 AM
It is pretty sickening how the USC stuff gets sweeped under the rug. Bush was taking illegal gifts, now it comes out that OJ Mayo was on the take. Got to love being in a big TV market. If it was Ole Miss, or A&M, this would be a totally different story.

Pathetic. But I will say, with that team, they could probably win the NFC West.

SC looks awfully good. i'm pretty excited.

cecil collins
08-31-2008, 03:13 AM
USC...isn't giving these guys anything. big difference...get your facts straight.

How much are they doing to stop it? Absolutely nothing. Either Tim Floyd is the dumbest man on the face of the earth, or he knew damn well some shit wasn't right with Mayo.

JamStone
08-31-2008, 09:39 AM

You think. But, fine. Change "USC" to "USC boosters" and "friends of USC" to dispatch the semantical arguments.

PeterBurns
08-31-2008, 01:53 PM

Kind of like saying.."Hey we are breaking the rules, but not directly"

Although, hard to get upset at you when I look at your sig pics JGW:toast

rold50
08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
You think. But, fine. Change "USC" to "USC boosters" and "friends of USC" to dispatch the semantical arguments.

There is actually a big difference between boosters and agents. That is why OU got penalized right away because bomar was getting money from an OU booster (who has interest in the school). In Bush's case, it was allegedly from an agent.

There is a difference between a booster that gives an athlete some "benefits", in order for you to play for that school and an agent who gives "benefits" to encourage an athlete to turn pro or to sign with his agency.

JamStone
08-31-2008, 09:44 PM
The distinction is fine. I included the distinction when I stated "boosters" and "friends." "Friends of USC are not necessarily connected to the University. However, that doesn't mean there is no connection. That doesn't mean USC and Pete Carroll aren't "friendly" with those agents. And, it's not like they aren't aware of what's going on. Of course they are. And, part of the reason they are cool with it is because it helps recruiting even more. It's a symbiotic relationship. One of the true advantages a school like USC has is that the location. There are plenty of Sports Agencies headquartered in LA and endorsement possibilities are greater. It's a lure. You can distinguish boosters from agents, it doesn't change the fact there has been complicit knowledge by the football program and the school on a lot of the things that go on.

IronMexican
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
"Hate Hate Hate"

JamStone
08-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Saying USC athletes have gotten free gifts from people they shouldn't have while in college and the school really hadn't done anything to discourage, much less stop it, is not hating.

It's reality.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Carroll isn't friends with a bunch of agents...he doesn't like them around. and blaming SC b/c they can't keep a FEW guys from accepting gifts in LA is irresponsible. SC isn't involved no matter how you slice it and if you think Carroll and company haven't tried to put and end to this...you don't know shit.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
...and the school really hadn't done anything to discourage, much less stop it, is not hating.

It's reality.

incorrect.

j-6
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Carroll isn't friends with a bunch of agents...he doesn't like them around. and blaming SC b/c they can't keep a FEW guys from accepting gifts in LA is irresponsible. SC isn't involved no matter how you slice it and if you think Carroll and company haven't tried to put and end to this...you don't know shit.

Uh-huh.

http://www.cornerstonesports.com/

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Uh-huh.

http://www.cornerstonesports.com/

lol.