PDA

View Full Version : Darko/Randolph Trade?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Knicks Could Send Randolph To Grizzles?

The Knicks are reportedly still discussing a deal with the Grizzles that would send forward Zach Randolph to Memphis, according to Newsday.

Such a move would give New York the salary cap room needed to make a play on the free agent market in 2010.

Earlier this summer, a deal between the Grizzles and Knicks was rumored to be on the table, with Darko Milicic reportedly a part of the package New York would receive.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54228/20080830/knicks_could_send_randolph_to_grizzles/#

Tully365
08-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Memphis has moved in the right direction after the Pau trade, assembling lots of young talent-- I think this would be a terrible move for them. Randolph is a team--killer.

Good move for the Knicks, getting rid of his salary... but won't they have to take on some other salaries to make the numbers match? Jaric, or (crinch) Antoine Walker? If they can get Lowry in the process, I'd be impressed.

BWS-1994
08-30-2008, 03:16 PM
And Randolph might eat more minutes and touches than better or promising players.

baseline bum
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Memphis has the stupidest fucking GM to ever live if any of this is legit. That trade would make Krause and McHale look like Einstein and Bohr.

rj215
08-30-2008, 05:19 PM
GMs that should be fired now: Wallace in Memphis (giving Pau away for nothing), Kevin Mchale in Minny (giving KG away for Al Jefferson and a pile of crap), Pat Riley in Miami ruining what could be Wade's last years there, Denver's GM (who decided to let Camby go for nothing). And yes I realize there's a salary cap and tax penalties but these guys could have and should have gotten more than they did.

Sissiborgo
08-31-2008, 02:13 PM
That is not going to happen..

timtonymanu
09-01-2008, 04:43 AM
a crybaby for a ballhog. that's a lose lose situation.