PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson

Sissiborgo
08-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I was just wondering what's up with Iverson.Everybody was talking about Iverson because he was one of the best players in the NBA.But no one talks about him and many folks just don't remember him.Whats your opinion on that?.I miss the good Allen Iverson..He should have just stayed in Sixers and be one of the best.I think he's just a trouble maker now and not playing well...

http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/allen_iverson.jpg

Brutalis
08-31-2008, 10:38 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-31-2008, 11:07 AM
AI just isn't a winner. He is a flatout Warrior but he doesn't do the 'team' things to help his team win. He is all about the stats.

If he would slide to PG and pass first, then things may be different

JamStone
08-31-2008, 11:13 AM
He had one of his best seasons last year. Among his best shooting seasons in his career with the fewest turnovers of his career.

He's gotten lost in Denver because they simply aren't very good. He's still incredibly gifted as a player, and is actually still freakishly quick considering his age. He's still one of the best players in the league. And, he's still one of my favorite players of all time.

He needed to leave Philadelphia. They wouldn't be as good as they potentially could be if he had stayed. But, Denver isn't the right spot for him either. He needs to be on a team like the Chicago Bulls with a lot of secondary talent and hustle players that also play solid team defense. Iverson can't play on just any team. It has to be the right fit. Sadly, he doesn't have much time left in the league. I think maybe 2 years and he'll be done.

IronMexican
08-31-2008, 11:13 AM
I love his heart, he will never give up, but he is all about his stats.

JamStone
08-31-2008, 11:20 AM
He's not all about his stats at all. Iverson plays all out to win. If he was all about stats, he would have still been a 30+ ppg scorer on Denver. He knows he's a great scorer, so he takes a lot of shots. If he were all about his stats, he wouldn't have demanded a trade and left Philly in the first place. If he stayed their, he could have kept on putting up 30 ppg for several years on bad lottery teams. Because he wanted a better chance to win, he asked to be traded. That's not about stats at all. He wanted a chance to win. Unfortunately, he was wrong to think Denver and Carmelo would put him in a better position to win.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Practice?!?!?!

Iverson may care about winning DURING the games, but if that press conference told me anything about him it was that he didn't care enough do the things to put himself in a position to win BEFORE the games. He's a paradoxical basketball player, and it's probably why he doesn't win. That, and having a shitty coach in Karl.

dirk4mvp
08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
me me me me me

but, he's still a good player

dirk4mvp
08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
I think he's just a trouble maker now and not playing well...

Now? He's been a trouble maker his entire career.

baseline bum
08-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I love Iverson, and it still sucks seeing him outta Philly. He's ended up being a bad fit in Denver as scoring was the last thing they needed though.

rj215
08-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Take it from someone from the Philly area, the guy was always a me-first showman who cared about his stats, hated most if not all of his coaches and disrespected the fans on more than one occasion. I've been in the same places as him on occasion (Old City Philly, City Line Avenue) and he's always been an asshole to the people he meets. He routinely parked in handcap spots, started trouble in night clubs and was always about his posse.

Teammates hated palying with a guy that took 30 shots a night, turned the ball over repeatidly and bitched about practices. I hope he is forgotten and the city of Philly, the fans and the team are better off long term without him.

Sissiborgo
08-31-2008, 01:54 PM
I love Iverson, and it still sucks seeing him outta Philly. He's ended up being a bad fit in Denver as scoring was the last thing they needed though.

That's right i used to love seeing him play but it's boring now while he's playing for Denver...

jacobdrj
08-31-2008, 06:00 PM
I view him as a more talented, more intense, version of Starburry. Gets great numbers, and even good assist numbers, but the numbers are shallow as his understanding of the true 'team' concept is lost on him. He didn't understand that Practice speech. He was correct that he didn't need the practice, but he didn't or couldn't understand that his teammates needed their leader, as to be taken seriously. Maybe he gets it now. I don't know, but he can't do that with Karl as coach. Or Brown. Or just about anybody, but maybe P-Jax, Pop, or Adleman. Guys who generally know how to manage egos. I think the best fit for AI would actually be Cleveland, as LeBron is probably the only star who would know how to play with AI, and would be helped by the defensive scheme/players they have there.

Sissiborgo
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I view him as a more talented, more intense, version of Starburry. Gets great numbers, and even good assist numbers, but the numbers are shallow as his understanding of the true 'team' concept is lost on him. He didn't understand that Practice speech. He was correct that he didn't need the practice, but he didn't or couldn't understand that his teammates needed their leader, as to be taken seriously. Maybe he gets it now. I don't know, but he can't do that with Karl as coach. Or Brown. Or just about anybody, but maybe P-Jax, Pop, or Adleman. Guys who generally know how to manage egos. I think the best fit for AI would actually be Cleveland, as LeBron is probably the only star who would know how to play with AI, and would be helped by the defensive scheme/players they have there.

Yeah it's true he is not a team player but gets good numbers...

lefty
08-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Practice?!?!?!

Iverson may care about winning DURING the games, but if that press conference told me anything about him it was that he didn't care enough do the things to put himself in a position to win BEFORE the games. He's a paradoxical basketball player, and it's probably why he doesn't win. That, and having a shitty coach in Karl.

:tu

Udokafan05
08-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Carmelo has a bad influence on everybody

jacobdrj
08-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Carmelo has a bad influence on everybody

Naw, it was that locker-room cancer Marcus Camby that ruined Allen Iverson. All his silly defense distracting Iverson from his scoring... Now that he is gone, I am sure AI will prosper.:lol

The Franchise
09-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Iverson is still one of the top players in the league. He is just in a bad situation in Denver. That is a horribly built team.

NBA Junkie
09-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I bet Kevin Garnett now realizes Iverson not going to Minnesota was the best thing that ever happened to him. Otherwise, he would have been stuck in the same situation that Denver is now in.

MrChug
09-01-2008, 09:23 AM
He's not all about his stats at all. Iverson plays all out to win.

That's the point. Iverson PLAYS all out to win, but doesn't know HOW to win.

sook
09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
i love ivy lol the guy played with a broken hand but...he needs to change his role on a team

JamStone
09-01-2008, 12:11 PM
That's the point. Iverson PLAYS all out to win, but doesn't know HOW to win.

That's not the point. The point is that he isn't about his stats.

And, 2000-01 showed he can win with the right team. And, most of his career, he's helped his team win. It wasn't all the way to the title. But, he helped his team win. On the vast majority of the teams he's played on, they would not have won as many games without him.

xtremesteven33
09-01-2008, 12:18 PM
its very difficult to build your team around a PG and win a championship.

i cant remember the last time it has happened.

maybe with magic johnson

Sissiborgo
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
its very difficult to build your team around a PG and win a championship.

i cant remember the last time it has happened.

maybe with magic johnson

Yeah but he was a team player....Iverson is not..:/