PDA

View Full Version : Great Stephen McGee quote after am loss

MajorMike
08-31-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big_12/AM_stunned_by_Arkansas_State.html

"We can't get down about the little things," McGee said. "There's not one guy in the (locker room) who's not shocked. We've got to be able to handle the diversity better."

I'm glad that after the 45th anniv of the MLK speech, he was thinking about diversity.

monosylab1k
09-01-2008, 12:17 AM
:lmao Stephen McGee was born to be an Aggie.

Whisky Dog
09-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Aggies still having problems with the end of segregation?

RonMexico
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Aggies still having problems with the end of segregation?

Yes, that's why "diversity" and "adversity" are synonyms in this situation.

RonMexico
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big_12/AM_stunned_by_Arkansas_State.html

I'm glad that after the 45th anniv of the MLK speech, he was thinking about diversity.

The McGee quote is a funny mistake. CaptMike's comment is not funny, as usual.

RonMexico
09-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Has anyone thought that perhaps the reporter wrote "diversity" by mistake? I know that certain individuals have become livid after games at what reporters have wrote in the paper and not just in blogs. I think one of those individuals is Mike Gundy, but I can't remember what he said or what he was upset about... oh, well.

Whisky Dog
09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Yes, that's why "diversity" and "adversity" are synonyms in this situation.

It's a joke, Howdy.

MajorMike
09-01-2008, 06:45 PM
That's odd. Not once on thesaurus.com does it list adversity as a synonym for diversity.

mookie2001
09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
white jesus was just being rebellion

RonMexico
09-01-2008, 06:54 PM
That's odd. Not once on thesaurus.com does it list adversity as a synonym for diversity.

LOL, Mike - that is so funny!!! You can't understand sarcasm!!! Which isn't odd at all because "douchebag" and "CaptMike" are synonyms in the latest Webster's publication.

WhiskyDog made a joke about people in caucasian station having problems dealing with desegregation (an event that occurred over 50 years ago) and I agreed with him stating that "diversity" and "adversity" were synonyms in this situation (i.e. Aggies are facing difficulty aka "adversity" in accepting people of color on the football field aka "diversity"). Therefore, Stephen McGee used the correct word in his interview... duh.

j-6
09-01-2008, 07:25 PM
white jesus was just being rebellion

Maybe it was a Freudian slip toward Jerrod Johnson and the starting quarterback position.

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
where's johngateswhitely?

who's that?

Cant_Be_Faded
09-01-2008, 10:07 PM
367 lbs of muthle brah

monosylab1k
09-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Has anyone thought that perhaps the reporter wrote "diversity" by mistake? I know that certain individuals have become livid after games at what reporters have wrote in the paper and not just in blogs. I think one of those individuals is Mike Gundy, but I can't remember what he said or what he was upset about... oh, well.

LOL at least we all figured out that he's a man and he's 40.

MajorMike
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Actually he's 41 now.

At least he doesn't have HIV.

RonMexico
09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
At least he doesn't have HIV.

What does that even mean? Was that a mono joke, a Magic joke, an AIDS joke? I don't get it... we'll need a local Oklahoma reporter to delve deeper into this situation, because I'm pretty sure Gundy has AIDS. In fact, I'm HIV-positive.

MajorMike
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Heya Tim! How's hell treating you?

RonMexico
09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
An even better McGee quote at the end of this post: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-2-10/Aggies-rebuild-after-demoralizing-early-loss.html

You have to learn to deal with adversity. It shapes people and you really find [out] a lot about your character. We can go one way or the other after a loss like that. And hopefully we'll be able to handle it in the right way.

I wonder which quote in each blog was correct... I would assume that the Express-News (worst website ever) got it wrong. But I'm turning the rest of my argument over to Jenni Carlson from "The Oklahoman" in the hopes that she can get to the bottom of this.

MajorMike
09-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Not bad! Sure beats living in Oklahoma! As I see it, I did all those people a favor!

Right, right; but Timmy, you never lived in Oklahoma except in a jail cell. Hope you didn't get HIV in there.

Well, anyway, drop us a line when you are back around; you were always a blast!