lefty
09-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Man City sign Robinho in record £32.5m deal

By Soccernet staff

Updated: September 1, 2008, 6:59 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Manchester City have completed the British record £32.5million signing of Robinho with just minutes to go in the transfer window.

A statement on Real's official website read: 'Real Madrid and Manchester City have reached an agreement for the transfer of Robinho.

'Real Madrid have finally decided tonight to transfer Robson da Souza - Robinho - to Manchester City.'

It follows bids earlier in the day for Dimitar Berbatov, David Villa and Mario Gomez.

The Brazilian claimed he wanted to move to England at a press conference yesterday and also criticised Real coach Bernd Schuster for denying him the chance to move to Chelsea. However, London will not be his next destination.

Sources suggest that Real were determined not to sell the Brazilian forward to Chelsea but were happy to deal once the Eastlands side moved in.

Chelsea had been tracking the player all summer and will be furious to lose out to another English club.

Rather than find himself marooned at the Bernabeu until January was prepared to move to the Premier League with Mark Hughes' side.

City's fortunes were transformed this morning when Abu Dhabi United Group announced they had agreed in principal to buy the club from Thaksin Shinawatra, who will remain on the club's board as a shareholder and honorary president.

Prospective new Manchester City owner Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim believes only 'formalities' remain before he can rubber-stamp their takeover of the Premier League club.

Al-Farim confirmed that ADUG had also considered investing in City's Premier League rivals Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool before deciding to press ahead with a buy-out - thought to be worth around £150million - of the Eastlands outfit.

IronMexican
09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Fuck Robinho, the real beasts name is Neri Castillo

Evan
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
stunning

and Berbatov to United is official

SAtown
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Fuck Robinho, the real beasts name is Neri Castillo

Nery hasn't been able to prove anything ever since Copa America. I think he's scored one goal since then, and that's pretty sad considering what he used to do for Olympiacos. He should have never left them

resistanze
09-02-2008, 02:39 PM
LOL @ Real Madrid's big "fuck you" to Chelsea and Robinho. I hate Real but that was funny.

Evan
09-02-2008, 02:46 PM
LOL @ Real Madrid's big "fuck you" to Chelsea and Robinho. I hate Real but that was funny.

and manchester city is now saying the same thing to real madrid

"We'd pay 135 million pounds for Cristiano Ronaldo say City owners"

Dglue
09-03-2008, 05:28 AM
While Robinho is a quality signing, I don't think he's worth that much. He isn't even the best player on the Real squad. I would like to know how much somebody like Sneijder will cost nowadays, cuz he's IMO the superior player.

lefty
09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't think Robinho will be a fit for the Premiership, considering the way he plays.

Evan
09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't think Robinho will be a fit for the Premiership, considering the way he plays.

there is no way...his old league fit his style much better