PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee coach and Gagne

Fabbs
09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
What's he doing in the heat of a pennant/Wildcard battle putting washed up steroids out of system Gagne in with a 2-1 lead going into the 8th?
Duh, gives up four straight hits and game lost 4-2. :bang

What a densoid. As bad as Buddy Black completing the sinking of the Padres by continually ruining great outings by Jake Peavy to Blown Game Trevor Hoffman.:downspin: "He's saved 500 games." In ancient times dumbass, maybe. He's never saved a big game.

ducks
09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
hoffman sucks at the beginning of the year and then gets on the roll

he is cutch
he blows very few saves

T Park
09-01-2008, 10:42 PM
He's never saved a big game.
uhhh

yeah he has....

ducks
09-01-2008, 10:47 PM
his stats say he does not suck
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4975;_ylt=ArxhfPtRMVUdGGq8GIDtjBIm0bYF

Fabbs
09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
his stats say he does not suck
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4975;_ylt=ArxhfPtRMVUdGGq8GIDtjBIm0bYF
Find a blown saves stats posting. Also see what he has done this year to many a Jake Peavy and Maddox 2-0 2-1 etc lead.
Then look up his playoff history.
Have you already forgotten last years epic choke in both end of reg season and one game playoff game. And that's just last year, like i said look up his playoff history. He sucks.

Then you and T_Park can recount to me all the big games he has saved.

ducks
09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
his team sucks not him

ducks
09-01-2008, 10:52 PM
his team hardly every goes to the playoffs
they are not a good TEAM

ducks
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
his blown save yesterday was his fault but his team scored 1 one the hole game
not good
peavy had a great game to hold the o of the rockies to no runs
but they weredue to score!

Fabbs
09-01-2008, 11:30 PM
his team hardly every goes to the playoffs
they are not a good TEAM
yeah only 2005 and 2006.
2007 Hoffman choked off a 3-2 lead over Milwaukee in the 9th which would have clinched the third straight playoffs. Woops he got another chance in the one game playoff vs Colorado. 8-6 lead and he gives up 3 runs to let Colorado win 9-8.

You're talking out your ass.

ducks
09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
rockies went to the world series
seemed THAT TEAM was pretty good

also pads did not deserve to go cause carman acted like a dumbass

Fabbs
09-02-2008, 12:22 AM
rockies went to the world series
seemed THAT TEAM was pretty good

also pads did not deserve to go cause carman acted like a dumbass
I guess thats why 3 seperate Padre relievers held Colorado scoreless for the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th innings before handing it over to Blown Game Trevor with an 8-6 lead. :lol

That Padres team was pretty good too.
As was the 1996 team. As was the 1998 team.

Look at his whole playoff history Ducks. I'll help you see the light.
Some players are (or in his case were) regular season dynamos who just can't do it in the playoffs. That was always the case with him. Now he can't hack it in the regular season either. Don't come back at me with some silly career "saves" number. It's a bogus, if not the most bogus stat in baseball. Ahead 5-1 and you get a "save" for one inning of work. Should be some stat to show one run leads or especially coming in with the tying or winning runs on base and putting the fire out. Now that's a "save".:toast

T Park
09-02-2008, 12:29 AM
The Brewers do not suck.

Great lineup, very very good starting pitching.

Their only weakness is their bully.

Having Salomon Torres as your closer is a little weak.

Fabbs
09-02-2008, 01:06 AM
As opposed to an Eric Gagne?

Gagne 6.81 era 39 games 10 saves 5 blown saves
Torres 2.54 era 59 games 26 saves 5 blown saves

Maybe the Brewers could trade for the Angels rookie Jose Arredondo. Except the Angels won't give him up. They could pay huge jack to get Francisco Rod, but he is looking for years and bucks. I don't think he will hold up much past this year, certainly not for 4-5 years like he is looking for.

Tippecanoe
09-02-2008, 11:32 AM
i will never forget gagne's "contributions" last year :flipoff

monosylab1k
09-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Seeing ducks & Fabbs go at it has been a thoroughly entertaining retard fight.

K-State Spur
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
yeah only 2005 and 2006.
2007 Hoffman choked off a 3-2 lead over Milwaukee in the 9th which would have clinched the third straight playoffs. Woops he got another chance in the one game playoff vs Colorado. 8-6 lead and he gives up 3 runs to let Colorado win 9-8.

You're talking out your ass.

2 years where he was still pretty darn good despite being well past his prime. Easily the 2nd best of the modern closers.

Melmart1
09-02-2008, 01:25 PM
i will never forget gagne's "contributions" last year :flipoff

I'll never forget how much the Red Sox sent the Rangers in return for those "contributions" :lol

ATRAIN
09-02-2008, 01:32 PM
The Brewers do not suck.

He has 26 saves, how is that weak? Only 6 blown saves isnt THAT bad when your top 10 on in the NL.

ducks
09-02-2008, 02:50 PM
who the pads could get that is better?
6 for this year is not bad considering he sucked early on like he usually does

Reggie Miller
09-02-2008, 03:19 PM
The Brewers do not suck.

The Brewers will never amount to anything with Ned Yost managing.

Their biggest weakness is a manager and coaching staff with Dusty Baker Syndrome. The Brewers don't care if they destroy Sabathia's and Sheets's arms this year, because they have no chance of keeping either of them. At the same time, their bullpen isn't reliable, so why not abuse the hell out of them?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/sabatc.01.shtml

Sabathia has started eleven games and completed six for Milwaukee. He is already on pace to exceed his highest innings pitched total from last year. Yost has him averaging above 120 pitches a game.

If Milwaukee is lucky, Sabathia's arm won't fall off before the playoffs.

Tippecanoe
09-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I'll never forget how much the Red Sox sent the Rangers in return for those "contributions" :lol

meh. they didnt give too much. gabbard wasnt going to crack the red sox rotation anyways and david murphy was number 6 or 7 in the OF depth chart.

plus they got a draft pick out of gagne.

monosylab1k
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
meh. they didnt give too much. gabbard wasnt going to crack the red sox rotation anyways and david murphy was number 6 or 7 in the OF depth chart.

plus they got a draft pick out of gagne.

The real gem of that trade was Beltre and if he develops as projected, that trade would be a huge steal for the Rangers.

Fabbs
09-02-2008, 05:22 PM
He has 26 saves, how is that weak? Only 6 blown saves isnt THAT bad when your top 10 on in the NL.
Losses do not count as blown saves.
Hoffman is 3-6, with the latest *win* being his blowing a 1-0 Jake Peavy shutout lead in the 9th only to have the Pad batters bail his arse out for a 2-1 Padres win. :lol

The kind of stuff that gets monoslob momentarily off his Chigar doll, but for the rest of us pretty unimpressive stats.

ducks
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Losses do not count as blown saves.
Hoffman is 3-6, with the latest *win* being his blowing a 1-0 Jake Peavy shutout lead in the 9th only to have the Pad batters bail his arse out for a 2-1 Padres win. :lol

The kind of stuff that gets monoslob momentarily off his Chigar doll, but for the rest of us pretty unimpressive stats.

losses count as blown saves

monosylab1k
09-02-2008, 07:16 PM
:lmao Fabbs doesn't even understand the rules of a save and a blown save.

Serious question Fabbs, is there any subject on earth that you can speak on where you don't have your head completely shoved up your own ass?

Fabbs
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
losses count as blown saves
That would explain why Hoffman has 6 losses but only 4 blown saves. :clap

monosylab1k
09-03-2008, 08:53 AM
That would explain why Hoffman has 6 losses but only 4 blown saves. :clap

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?playerId=2817

Here's Trevor Hoffman's game log. Notice June 1 and April 2 where he was awarded both a loss AND a blown save.

I know it's tough for your Simple Jack mind to comprehend, but closers don't exclusively come into a game during a save situation. They can get a loss without a blown save if they aren't in position to save the game in the first place.

Reggie Miller
09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?playerId=2817

Here's Trevor Hoffman's game log. Notice June 1 and April 2 where he was awarded both a loss AND a blown save.

I know it's tough for your Simple Jack mind to comprehend, but closers don't exclusively come into a game during a save situation. They can get a loss without a blown save if they aren't in position to save the game in the first place.

Especially closers who suck like Hoffman, et ux.

Fabbs
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Especially closers who suck like Hoffman, et ux.
:lol Maybe if you draw him a picture. Or better yet, monoslab do you ever actually watch a Padres game from Moms basement? Or do you just live in a stat box on the Inet, keyboard commando style? We know the answer to that. Thanks for strengthening the case against Hoffman. Closers can also blow a save and get a win. :downspin:

monosylab1k
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
:lol Maybe if you draw him a picture. Or better yet, monoslab do you ever actually watch a Padres game from Moms basement? Or do you just live in a stat box on the Inet, keyboard commando style? We know the answer to that. Thanks for strengthening the case against Hoffman. Closers can also blow a save and get a win. :downspin:

Hey, Simple Jack, just because you don't understand the rules of when a pitcher is awarded a blown save doesn't mean you have to further make a jackass of yourself. Get back to me when you aren't talking with your head shoved up your ass.

Fabbs
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Very good monoslob! Ducks and i were wrong. Since you are in such dire need of validation and attention that you could google the saves definition, here it is.

To the point of the thread, when ATrain said "26 saves with only 6 blown", that was my reason for bringing up the losses. Of Hoffmans 6 losses, 4 were in non save situations. So again, thank you for strengthening the case against Hoffman.

But leave it to you to try to switch the entire conversation not about Hoffman or Gagne, but to a narrow definition of saves, which once again we give you validation, you googled it correctly. Ducks, put the pacifyer back in monos mouth for his reward. :lol

monosylab1k
09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
But leave it to you to try to switch the entire conversation not about Hoffman or Gagne

I wasn't switching it either way. I think Hoffman sucks, look and find where I ever said otherwise. Like I said, I enjoyed watching two retards go at it, then I decided to step in when it got a little too rough. Nice try, Simple Jack.

ducks
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM
most closers suck in non closes situations

I do not understand how managers keep putting them in those places
THEY SUCK !

Fabbs
09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
I wasn't switching it either way. I think Hoffman sucks, look and find where I ever said otherwise.
Right monoslob. Like your intention was anything but being Keyboard Commando Troll.
Well your hero Hoffman got another *save* tonight. Or rather could we get you to google it and make sure it was by the rules? :lol
5-2 lead and he starts the 9th and gets three outs. That's a *save*.

monosylab1k
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
5-2 lead and he starts the 9th and gets three outs. That's a *save*.

It's good that you're finally figuring this out, Simple Jack. Maybe for our next lesson you can learn how to compute a pitcher's ERA. No, no, that's still to hard for you. Okay, next time I'll teach you what a home run is! Yay for you, Simple Jack!

Fabbs
09-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Or maybe you can teach me how to be fooled by the Onion.
To the threads point, Gagne blew yet another save, a 2-1 lead in the 8th vs the mighty Padres.

So long, Simple Crack.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2752738#post2752738