PDA

View Full Version : Question for women

Slydragon
09-02-2008, 04:11 AM
Ok I'm a bit laid back on alcohol and got a Q, Why is it that nowadays it seems cool to cheat on your man? I mean I have not been with a girl since my daughters mom left me over 7 years ago because she wanted to party still and up and left one day. I think it mess with my mind bad cuz I was under the impression I was gonna marry and grow old with this girl.

So, fast forward a bit over 7 years and I'm still single, and it seems every girl I know as a friend makes it out to be that if you don't cheat on your man at least once your not cool. WTF when did this shit happen? I know guys are pretty much the same but screw that, I don't want games.

When did cheating become the "in" thing?

I fucking hate my girls mom not because she left me but because my daughter cries to me that she wants to see her and I have no way of reaching her. My daughter is lucky if she sees her once a year now.

I know my daughter needs a female in her life, hell I shave my head and my lil girls gets mad I can't fix her hair,I don't even have hair so I don't know shit about fixing hair. I try and it looks crappy and she tells me it look pretty but I won't send her in public with one of my hairstyles on her.

Life's a bitch and my daughter the rails that lead me on.

End rant. I'm blown and don't really care what any one thinks so flame the fuck on.

Jekka
09-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Where do you meet your friends?! I have some really close girlfriends and have been privy to some pretty insane antics and emotions, but never have any of us played up cheating to be "cool".

Kriz-Maxima
09-02-2008, 06:05 AM
I don't know over there but over here I'm yet to meet a woman who thinks or at least has told me that cheating is "cool". I dont think its cool.

Where you meet your women?

Melmart1
09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
it seems every girl I know as a friend makes it out to be that if you don't cheat on your man at least once your not cool.

You need better friends. If EVERY female you know as a friend thinks cheating is cool, then ask yourself why you are friends with these type of people. Sometimes good people mess up and cheat, but I don't think a single one of them would explain the experience as "cool." Where on earth would you meet a set of friends like that?

As for your daughter's hair, do you have a mom or someone who can teach you? Learning to braid hair or pull it back with barrettes is not that hard.

Slydragon
09-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Whoa, I kind of remember posting that. Got back from dropping my daughter at school and saw my post and was like huh.

As for the question about where do I get that from, is from my job. I go to work and on my break there a few girls in the break room talking about how they were with some guy last night and told there boyfriend they were somewhere else and then the group laughs like the jokes on him.

I find that most females my age (28) and younger make it out to be a normal thing at my job, Older females don't as much. Allot of my co-workers are couples and they always mess around and both talk about it like getting away with it is cool. Not even realising the other is doing the same thing.

I'm going back to bed. Got a headache.

Slydragon
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
As for your daughter's hair, do you have a mom or someone who can teach you? Learning to braid hair or pull it back with barrettes is not that hard.

My mom was a tomboy growing up and to this day just brushes her hair she don't even know how to braid, but she does a better job than me trying to fix it. My daughter fixes her hair better than I can. I tell her there is nothing wrong with shaving it and she gets mad.(joking of course) The older she gets the better she does it on her own so it's not as bad as when she was younger and pointed to a girl and said "I want it like that"

I shouldn't have really said "friends" more like girls I know from work, I'm pretty much a loner and keep to myself. My phone has less than 20 numbers in there that are not family. That's how much of a loner I am. I'm cool with that tho.

Melmart1
09-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I bet half the shit these girls are talking isn't even true. People (both women and men) do this all the time. Most outgrow it in high school, but some mature a little (or a lot) slower than others. Of course, whether its true or not if they think it is funny or they lie about it, that is obviously still very shady.

Just ignore those people at work, an incestuous workplace is NOT the place to make decisions on women or love. I used to work at an HEB where everyone was sleeping with everyone, and I made judgments on people based on that. In retrospect, I realize now these people were just idiots. With unplanned pregnancies and UTI's.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm going to take into consideration that you said you are a little laid back on alcohol and not interpret that you mean literally every female you know feels that it is cool to cheat. I think you probably mean you know a couple of women who have given you the impression that they think it's cool to cheat. And probably those women stick out in your mind because of the situation you are in. Most women are not like that. But there are lots of manipulative, game playing girls out there, so you do need to be careful. Right now your daughter is the only girl in your life and that says so much about you. About the only thing you can do is not rush things, continue to concentrate on your daughter and the right woman will find you. And it might be fun for your daughter if you make an appt for a hairstyle at a family type salon, go with her, and have them teach both of you some things to do with her hair!

DannyT
09-02-2008, 09:46 AM
you just need to wax it right.....and have a lotta money

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Where do you meet your friends?! I have some really close girlfriends and have been privy to some pretty insane antics and emotions, but never have any of us played up cheating to be "cool".

How many of them have done it though?

ORION
09-02-2008, 10:10 AM

because you want their names and phone numbers

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
because you want their names and phone numbers

I was gonna pass the digits on to you, cause that's how us former apaches roll

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm no woman but my wife has told of some of past friends who cheat on their boyfriends and think nothing of it. They use them to get material things which also blows my mind that guys are stupid enough to fall for and will give these women money and "gifts" just because they are getting some sex.
I don't know if it is considered cool or not but it does happen.

ORION
09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
I was gonna pass em on to you that's how us former apaches roll

:lol
We got that FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2008, 10:16 AM
We got that FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I do need to warn you though, they have a history of cheating on their boyfriends

ORION
09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I do need to warn you though, they have a history of cheating on their boyfriends

I know. I was the one they cheated on with.

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I know. I was the one they cheated on with.

whore

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Orion, I thought you are married?

ORION
09-02-2008, 10:31 AM
whore

But I always called them the next day .............to get their friend's number

ORION
09-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Orion, I thought you are married?

we are talking about high school ! Trainwreck wanted to be like me so he decided to follow in my footsteps. I wonder if he is my child .....

jman3000
09-02-2008, 10:35 AM
all women are evil... jesus i thought you retards knew this.

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2008, 10:38 AM
all women are evil... jesus i thought you retards knew this.

I think that's implied

Dex
09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
I definitely don't think this applies to everybody, as I'm sure there's probably a scoundrel man for every woman, but I think Sly seems to be on to something here.

Not only do you seem to just see and hear more about it as a general rule, but I also know plenty of people who have cheated before and don't seem to be particularly beat up about it. Making mistakes is one thing, but these people seem to think they're ahead of the curve like the rule doesn't apply to them. My last two serious relationships were both ended because the girl decided it would be easier to cheat and let me get over it, rather than trying to just stay monogamous in the first place.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't know how old you are but women usually take cycles from the time their 18 until they've been through 1 maybe 2 divorces. The cheaters may always cheat but most women that hit that second marriage and watch it fail take a real abrupt about face and change their ways in their late 30's. Trying to be serious with someone in their 20's is real tough. You have to let the cycle run it course. Women always need to know someone wants to fuck them. Until reality sets in. Which might or might not happen.

Cycles -

Party in teens and early 20's.

Marry for sport and daddy issues.

Divorce for more partying and to "find themselves"

Remarry to a safe but bad fit counter weight after running a course that leaves them feeling empty and used, possibly with a child.

Second divorce

May or may not have found a way to be more self sufficient.

Will start to realize that life can be lived with many different types of people not the best looking one or maybe even the most well off.

A realization that they're not as tight and sought after like they were in their 20's.

Conclusion that fairy tales don't really exist.

Possible damaged goods

3rd marriage because of good fit and a true apprecitation for someone not annoying the ever living shit out of them. Probably not for deep hard passionate love they had in their early 20's...its different love.

A different kind of fairytale is realized. Not so much a fantasy as a realitytale.

Either it works or they're so damaged from life that they'll remain single or bounce from bad relationship to bad relationship trying to rekindle original fairytale and passion.

----------------

You gotta find a someone ready to come to terms with the rigors of life not some made up story. They need to know who they are and they need to be willing to compliment someone not own them. With kids involved the relationship needs to be viable for the long haul with a sane person. Then you can bring the passion based on appreciation and trust along with all the other reasons like nice tits, good wet pussy, sucks a good knob...

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
And it might be fun for your daughter if you make an appt for a hairstyle at a family type salon, go with her, and have them teach both of you some things to do with her hair!

Excellent idea. :tu

jman3000
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
guys have become bigger pussies or maybe feel bad about all the cheating men have done in the past and forgive cheating whores easier. kinda like white folks and slave reparations i guess.

if i ever cheated on a girl i would never expect them to forgive me and vis versa.

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't know how old you are but women usually take cycles from the time their 18 until they've been through 1 maybe 2 divorces. The cheaters may always cheat but most women that hit that second marriage and watch it fail take a real abrupt about face and change their ways in their late 30's. Trying to be serious with someone in their 20's is real tough. You have to let the cycle run it course. Women always need to know someone wants to fuck them. Until reality sets in. Which might or might not happen.

Cycles -

Remarry to a safe but bad fit counter weight after running a course that leaves them feeling empty and used, possibly with a child.

Second divorce

Will start to realize that life can be lived with many different types of people not the best looking one or maybe even the most well off.

A realization that they're not as tight and sought after like they were in their 20's.

Possible damaged goods

3rd marriage because of good fit and a true apprecitation for someone not annoying the ever living shit out of them. Probably not for deep hard passionate love they had in their early 20's...its different love.

A different kind of fairytale is realized. Not so much a fantasy as a realitytale.

Either it works or they're so damaged from life that they'll remain single or bounce from bad relationship to bad relationship trying to rekindle original fairytale and passion.

----------------

You gotta find a someone ready to come to terms with the rigors of life not some made up story. They need to know who they are and they need to be willing to compliment someone not own them. With kids involved the relationship needs to be viable for the long haul with a sane person. Then you can bring the passion based on appreciation and trust along with all the other reasons like nice tits, good wet pussy, sucks a good knob...

That's a long way of saying they are sluts till they're all used up

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a tendency to take the long way of making a point.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 11:04 AM

:lmao

Richard Cranium
09-02-2008, 11:20 AM

I'm sure your wife wishes you'd take that route during sex.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm sure your wife wishes you'd take that route during sex.Everytime she see those commercials warning of the side effects associated with male stimulation drugs I get the look.

"If you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours seek medical attention"

Her: :wow wish you had that side effect

Me: Find a muzzle for these kids and we can talk.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-02-2008, 12:08 PM

Cycles -

Second divorce

Possible damaged goods

----------------

Or you can just marry some really fat chick who knows she's lucky to be with you and knows she's got no to hardly any chance of having a lasting relationship with anyone else and avoid this huge problem.

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Then you can bring the passion based on appreciation and trust along with all the other reasons like nice tits, good wet pussy, sucks a good knob...

At first I thought this was the part Angel_luv quoted. :wow :lol

Jekka
09-02-2008, 12:29 PM

Only one has outright and unashamedly cheated, but she also needs to be medicated. The others have made it through long distance relationships, financial difficulties, school and work stress, etc., without falling into that hole, and that's a lot of work.

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 12:33 PM
guys have become bigger pussies or maybe feel bad about all the cheating men have done in the past and forgive cheating whores easier. kinda like white folks and slave reparations i guess.

Or, maybe it's just women in general getting so fucking sick and tired of hearing how it's physically impossible for a man to keep his dick in his pants that *they* started breeding a new generation of women to equal out the playing field.

Women that are physically incapable of keeping their legs closed. :spin

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Or you can just marry some really fat chick who knows she's lucky to be with you and knows she's got no to hardly any chance of having a lasting relationship with anyone else and avoid this huge problem.
A lot of men have bought into that program. Promblem is you end up resenting fatty for...well...being fat.

2Blonde
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Sly,
As far as your daughter is concerned, you might want to consider asking a teenage girl (niece, daughter of a friend, babysitter, etc...) to spend some time with your daughter as a mentor/friend. Teenage girls love to fix hair. When I used to babysit, we always had fun playing beauty shop.

Getting your daughter an older friend can reap many rewards. It gives her someone to aspire to, learn from, spend time with, help her understand the changes she will go through. Another option is to contact the the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization.

Here is their link... http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.diJKKYPLJvH/b.1539751/k.BDB6/Home.htm?gclid=CMvfoOzTvZUCFR0RnQodjySBRA

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Sly probably could use a teenage girl of his own...you know for mentoring.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 01:03 PM
:oink

jman3000
09-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Or, maybe it's just women in general getting so fucking sick and tired of hearing how it's physically impossible for a man to keep his dick in his pants that *they* started breeding a new generation of women to equal out the playing field.

Women that are physically incapable of keeping their legs closed. :spin

im all for girls not being able to keep their legs closed... in fact id prefer it... but just be my dirty slut and not a bunch of other guys' too.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
im all for girls not being able to keep their legs closed... in fact id prefer it... but just be my dirty slut and not a bunch of other guys' too.
This post might belong in the "Cake And Eat It Too" forum

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM

Yeah ... that kinda defeated what I meant. Which was, girls are becoming just as big fucking untrustworthy assholes as boys. :lol

But, more than anything I was just being a smartass. It wouldn't surprise me at all if more and more girls are becoming more blatant about being cheaters/hoes just like guys, just from witnessing the amount of selfishness and laziness and the sense of entitlement that abounds these days ... at least more than I ever remember there being. Everything is just too easy.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
i know what yall mean...im just speaking for myself.

if a girl is acting dodgy or suspicious i just say fuck it and move on.

fish in the ocean and all that jazz.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah ... that kinda defeated what I meant. Which was, girls are becoming just as big fucking untrustworthy assholes as boys. :lol

But, more than anything I was just being a smartass. It wouldn't surprise me at all if more and more girls are becoming more blatant about being cheaters/hoes just like guys, just from witnessing the amount of selfishness and laziness and the sense of entitlement that abounds these days ... at least more than I ever remember there being. Everything is just too easy.
I wrote out a very very long thread about the entitlement attitude we see today. I didn't feel like posting it so I erased it. That mentality along with the blame game people play is quickly becoming the norm in our society. I fucking hate it.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I still believe in rock solid relationships and I don't play the cheating game.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 02:22 PM

No. Those girls exist.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 02:26 PM

I wrote out a very very long thread about the entitlement attitude we see today. I didn't feel like posting it so I erased it. That mentality along with the blame game people play is quickly becoming the norm in our society. I fucking hate it.

The sense of entitlement is really out of control these days, and I think it's got a lot to do with how people view relationships. I don't know a lot of girls who think cheating is cool, but I do know a lot of people who have done it and don't think it's a big deal. In fact, I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't regularly overlap relationships and start fucking the new one before I've completely broken up with the old one.

But, I really don't think it's about cheating. Or sex. I think it's about selfishness. No one cares if they're wasting someone else's time. No one cares if they're hurting someone else. It's all about what makes my life easier.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 02:34 PM
No one cares if they're wasting someone else's time.You just described my work environment. Its why the turnover in retail is astronimically high.

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 02:36 PM
It's all about what makes my life easier.

There are so many more avenues of meeting people than there used to be, too ... internet dating & hook-up sites for one, that have opened up a whole new world (literally!) of new people to cheat with. That can't help.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
There are so many more avenues of meeting people than there used to be, too ... internet dating & hook-up sites for one, that have opened up a whole new world (literally!) of new people to cheat with. That can't help.
and to think

I'm still having trouble finding those people. This place really needs to start producing more nudes.

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
:rollin

I. Hustle
09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
So how do y'all feel about the SO having the best friend from the opposite sex?

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 02:57 PM

If you can't trust that friends are just friends, regardless their gender, you shouldn't be in a relationship.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 02:57 PM
So how do y'all feel about the SO having the best friend from the opposite sex?Out of the question. Just doesn't work no matter how you spin it.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Out of the question. Just doesn't work no matter how you spin it.

Bullshit.

Would that mean that I, as a bisexual, shouldn't have any friends at all?

I. Hustle
Wow two quick and opposite responses

angel_luv

I would hope that best friend would be me.

I. Hustle
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Ok I know that this is going to sound super homo but I believe that the SO should be the best friend. http://www.sensay.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/flameon1.jpg

jman3000
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok I know that this is going to sound super homo but I believe that the SO should be the best friend. http://www.sensay.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/flameon1.jpg

yeah... angel luv agrees with you... so it's a bit beyond super homo.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Bullshit.

Would that mean that I, as a bisexual, shouldn't have any friends at all?There is always going to be a situation where something out of the ordinary will work. Most of the time having a different sex BFF isn't a good thing. Too much jealously and there is always that "what if" surrounding a good differently sexed relationship. I'm calling it like I see it.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
how long before los spurs drops a gay bomb?

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 03:05 PM

Thanks, friend.

I. Hustle
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM

but was it http://www.yourgaypride.com/images/ad877.jpg

mrsmaalox

My SO is absolutely my best friend.

Los Spurs
I still believe in rock solid relationships and I don't play the cheating game.

+1 :toast

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 03:08 PM
There is always going to be a situation where something out of the ordinary will work. Most of the time having a different sex BFF isn't a good thing. Too much jealously and there is always that "what if" surrounding a good differently sexed relationship. I'm calling it like I see it.

I don't necessarily disagree that this is how it usually works out, but I don't think this is how it should work. In that situation, I think jealousy is the problem, and not the friendship.

Slomo
Bullshit.

Would that mean that I, as a bisexual, shouldn't have any friends at all?

I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends, but to answer the I.Hustle question.

Would you have sex with your best friend?

mrsmaalox
Also I forgot to add that opposite sex BFFs have worked both ways with me and my SO.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Never. My two best friends are like siblings.

Los Spurs
09-02-2008, 03:11 PM
how long before los spurs drops a gay bomb?

b2b is a fag

:toast

BacktoBasics
I don't necessarily disagree that this is how it usually works out, but I don't think this is how it should work. In that situation, I think jealousy is the problem, and not the friendship.Well if things went the way they should we'd all be a lot happier and I'd have less shit to rant about.

CuckingFunt
Well if things went the way they should we'd all be a lot happier and I'd have less shit to rant about.

This is true.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 03:12 PM

ZING!!!! :lol

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm not gay but if I was we all know your narrow gay hating mentality would show its ugly head.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
My wife is my best friend but there are some man subjects I don't discuss with her and she has no interest in. She has male friends but I trust her and if I couldn't then there is a problem that must be addressed and dealt with asap and not let it build.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
There is always going to be a situation where something out of the ordinary will work. Most of the time having a different sex BFF isn't a good thing. Too much jealously and there is always that "what if" surrounding a good differently sexed relationship. I'm calling it like I see it.

you are correct... if i had a girlfriend and her best friend was a dude... id be extremely suspicious... and thats just not me being insecure ... that's human nature. only way it's gonna fly is if the dude is a super flamer.

at the same time i wouldnt have a best friend that is a girl just becuase id know how crazy it would drive the GF...in theory you can... but in practice, at least the majority of the time, it doesnt work.

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't necessarily disagree that this is how it usually works out, but I don't think this is how it should work. In that situation, I think jealousy is the problem, and not the friendship.

I think it is natural for a boyfriend/ girlfriend to desire to be the focus of their SO's consideration/ attention.

When I hear of a guy who prefers a female friend's companionship over that of his girlfriend, it makes me wonder why he is dating the girlfriend.

I. Hustle

I do on a regular basis

Los Spurs
I'm not gay but if I was we all know your narrow gay hating mentality would show its ugly head.

:lmao @ how you go posting after all my threads about this gay shit! :lmao

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
you are correct... if i had a girlfriend and her best friend was a dude... id be extremely suspicious... and thats just not me being insecure ... that's human nature. only way it's gonna fly is if the dude is a super flamer.

at the same time i wouldnt have a best friend that is a girl just becuase id know how crazy it would drive the GF...in theory you can... but in practice, at least the majority of the time, it doesnt work.Yup thats pretty much how it goes. I don't run around with a bunch of gals anymore than I'd expect my wife to hang out with dudes.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
your SO should be your best friend only if youre over the age of 30 or so... if not then it's creepy and sad.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I think it is natural for a boyfriend/ girlfriend to desire to be the focus of their SO's consideration/ attention.

When I hear of a guy who prefers a female friend's companionship over that of his girlfriend, it makes me wonder why he is dating the girlfriend.

his friend isnt putting out... that's why.

Slomo
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Never. My two best friends are like siblings.

Do you mind me asking are they female or male?

I'll say this from my experience all the best friends of opposite sex situation I've seen, they always ended because of some sort of sexual controversy. Men are not very good at separating "best friend" feelings and sexual attraction. When the best friend is a guy the sexual attraction is not present - hence no problems (in most cases anyway :p:).

Again not an expert, just speaking from personal observations. I have seen many of those situations unfold that way. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have a true "best friend" of the opposite sex - I have a few very good female friends, but that's not really the same.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
:lmao @ how you go posting after all my threads about this gay shit! :lmaoYou're the one that has a problem with gay people. Its fucking pathetic how someone this day and age feels the need to go around hating a particular group of people for said reason. I'll continue to follow your posts because that narrow minded tarded up head of yours needs constant reminding of what a backasswards assfuck you really are.

I hope a gay drunk drive kills you.

Slomo
09-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I do on a regular basis

Hence proving my point.

Los Spurs
You're the one that has a problem with gay people. Its fucking pathetic how someone this day and age feels the need to go around hating a particular group of people for said reason. I'll continue to follow your posts because that narrow minded tarded up head of yours needs constant reminding of what a backasswards assfuck you really are.

:lmao :toast :lmao

CuckingFunt

I'm certainly not advocating a situation in which someone prefers the company of their friends to the company of their partner. But I do think it's important to have a life outside of your relationship. When I'm in a relationship, I do everything I can to share my life and my past experiences with that person, and would hope that they would do the same, but that sharing is never going to equal the bond between those people that actually experienced those parts of my life with me.

Slydragon
Sly,
As far as your daughter is concerned, you might want to consider asking a teenage girl (niece, daughter of a friend, babysitter, etc...) to spend some time with your daughter as a mentor/friend. Teenage girls love to fix hair. When I used to babysit, we always had fun playing beauty shop.

Getting your daughter an older friend can reap many rewards. It gives her someone to aspire to, learn from, spend time with, help her understand the changes she will go through. Another option is to contact the the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization.

Here is their link... http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.diJKKYPLJvH/b.1539751/k.BDB6/Home.htm?gclid=CMvfoOzTvZUCFR0RnQodjySBRA

She goes and hangs out with my cousin who is 18 and she loves it she comes and tries not to mess up her hair for as long as she can. My cousin got pregnant a few month back so I'm like ohh-nose. Bad example.

I didn't think this thread was going to become a multi pager.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
and for the record... you can't have 2 best friends CF... it's impossible.. one is always just a little more bester than the other.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 03:22 PM
You're the one that has a problem with gay people. Its fucking pathetic how someone this day and age feels the need to go around hating a particular group of people for said reason. I'll continue to follow your posts because that narrow minded tarded up head of yours needs constant reminding of what a backasswards assfuck you really are.

Wow.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 03:22 PM

any chance for a guy to state his opinion on how retarded women can be will not go unused.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
your SO should be your best friend only if youre over the age of 30 or so... if not then it's creepy and sad.

Fuck that.

But I don't believe in having one best friend.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Do you mind me asking are they female or male?

I'll say this from my experience all the best friends of opposite sex situation I've seen, they always ended because of some sort of sexual controversy. Men are not very good at separating "best friend" feelings and sexual attraction. When the best friend is a guy the sexual attraction is not present - hence no problems (in most cases anyway :p:).

Again not an expert, just speaking from personal observations. I have seen many of those situations unfold that way. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have a true "best friend" of the opposite sex - I have a few very good female friends, but that's not really the same.

The two people that I consider to be my very closest friends, and whom I love like family, are a guy I've known since we were kids and my first college roommate (a woman). Both are married and starting families.

Slydragon
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
any chance for a guy to state his opinion on how retarded women can be will not go unused.

mrsmaalox
I will say that having a male best friend worked out well when I was in a stable marriage. But before then, it's true, most guys couldn't handle it and it would turn into crush that I thought was cute, and then annoying.

Los Spurs
She goes and hangs out with my cousin who is 18 and she loves it she comes and tries not to mess up her hair for as long as she can. My cousin got pregnant a few month back so I'm like ohh-nose. Bad example.

I have a friend who recently got divorced. He was left behind with 2 kids (boy and girl) He used to have a rough time fixing his little girl's hair until one day he explained the problem to her teacher and the teacher and some of the other student's moms take turns helping him out.

jack sommerset
09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
All women cheat or will cheat. Don't let them fool you. They are horny and sneaky. Its a fact of life. Accept it. Its really no big deal.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
:lmao :toast :lmaoyou got anything other than laughing. No more bigotry, hatred and/or bashing to dish out? No more gay hate to spew forth. Come on and lets hear again how you feel. Go on and tell us why you have to go around hating people for sexual preference.

You wanna hate someone for being stupid, lazy, ignorant.....go ahead. To hate like you hate is what makes you the shit of our society. I hope you fall down and hit your head leaving yourself a physically worthless functioning minded mute vegetable to be raped by homosexual hospital staff.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
and for the record... you can't have 2 best friends CF... it's impossible.. one is always just a little more bester than the other.

Well, if we really want to get technical, I hate the term "best friend" and have only used it in this thread for the sake of clarity. I've never understood the concept of competitively ranking my friends.

09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I gave my love a cherry that had no stem. I gave my love a chicken that had no bones. I gave my love a story that had no end. I gave—

Slomo
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
The two people that I consider to be my very closest friends, and whom I love like family, are a guy I've known since we were kids and my first college roommate (a woman). Both are married and starting families.

OK

I was asking, because I have no idea how women feel about these things. I am however pretty sure that if your so close to that guy, he has had (have?) sexual fantasies about you, and given the opportunity would have acted on them.

Now I maybe wrong and I am passing judgment on a person that I don't even know - but the odds are on my side.

Greg Oden
09-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I hope you fall down and hit your head leaving yourself a physically worthless functioning minded mute vegetable to be raped by homosexual hospital staff.

you're better at this stuff than midge.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 03:36 PM
OK

I was asking, because I have no idea how women feel about these things. I am however pretty sure that if your so close to that guy, he has had (have?) sexual fantasies about you, and given the opportunity would have acted on them.

Now I maybe wrong and I am passing judgment on a person that I don't even know - but the odds are on my side.

You're probably right, but I tend not to think that's a big deal either.

I have always found it ridiculous to assume that sexual fantasies go away the second you enter a relationship. I know I'm still sexually attracted to other people, I know the people I've dated are still sexually attracted to other people... as long as there's no lying and no acting on it, who really cares?

BacktoBasics
you're better at this stuff than midge.I wouldn't go that far. Talent is talent and he has it.

JoeChalupa

It is not so much a "preference" but couples do need some time apart. Both the wife and I have gone on overnight trips just to "get away". Relationships need nurturing and maintenance from time to time. We are going to a marriage encounter next year.
It is not that I prefer the company of others but she'd prefer NOT to go with me to certain gatherings or events.

Greg Oden
09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Talent is talent and he has it.

dont be so sure.

he's a one trick pony who usually only deals with wishing aids and cancer, while you provide a much more creative side

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:42 PM
dont be so sure.

he's a one trick pony who usually only deals with wishing aids and cancer, while you provide a much more creative sideNever under estimate working to your strengths. Much like mom jokes AIDS and Cancer voodoo never gets old.

Slomo
09-02-2008, 03:43 PM
You're probably right, but I tend not to think that's a big deal either.

I have always found it ridiculous to assume that sexual fantasies go away the second you enter a relationship. I know I'm still sexually attracted to other people, I know the people I've dated are still sexually attracted to other people... as long as there's no lying and no acting on it, who really cares?

Oh, I agree 100%. It also makes the "best friends" situation between opposite sex very difficult if not impossible. The point I was trying to make is that other factors/restrains stop men from acting upon it - not the "best friend" status.

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
It is not so much a "preference" but couples do need some time apart. Both the wife and I have gone on overnight trips just to "get away". Relationships need nurturing and maintenance from time to time. We are going to a marriage encounter next year.
It is not that I prefer the company of others but she'd prefer NOT to go with me to certain gatherings or events.

I have female friends that I get together with regularly. Bo has guy friends that I encourage him to hang out with.

I was referring to how I would feel if Bo's best friend was a female.

Other than his mom, granny, and his sister, the only female I want Bo to call regularly is me.

Bo does have a female friend from high school that he talks to occassionally, which is fine with me.
Granted that friend is married and has two kids.
If she were single, I would have a much harder time being okay with it.

Greg Oden
09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Never under estimate working to your strengths. Much like mom jokes AIDS and Cancer voodoo never gets old.

to my knowledge, none of the stuff he wishes on people haven't happened

i'd think that guy getting raped by a homo staff would happen before trainwreck catching a nasty std

Los Spurs
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
you got anything other than laughing. No more bigotry, hatred and/or bashing to dish out? No more gay hate to spew forth. Come on and lets hear again how you feel. Go on and tell us why you have to go around hating people for sexual preference.

You wanna hate someone for being stupid, lazy, ignorant.....go ahead. To hate like you hate is what makes you the shit of our society. I hope you fall down and hit your head leaving yourself a physically worthless functioning minded mute vegetable to be raped by homosexual hospital staff.

I laugh because I find it amazing that someone can get so mad about someone else's comments on this forum. This is the freakin' internet for crying out loud. Anything said on here shouldn't be taken so serious.

And just so that you know it, I have 1 gay and 2 sexy bi-sexual cousins whom I love so much and no fucking comment I put on a forum is going to make me love them any less... :toast

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
I have female friends that I get together with regularly. Bo has guy friends that I encourage him to hang out with.

Other than his mom, granny, and his sister, the only female I want Bo to call regularly is me.

Bo does have a female friend from high school that he talks to occassionally, which is fine with me.
This bring up the issue of married women that cheat so frequently.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
to my knowledge, none of the stuff he wishes on people haven't happened

i'd think that guy getting raped by a homo staff would happen before trainwreck catching a nasty std

But that guy is a girl. That lessens the odds, no?

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I laugh because I find it amazing that someone can get so mad about someone else's comments on this forum. This is the freakin' internet for crying out loud. Anything said on here shouldn't be taken so serious.

And just so that you know it, I have 1 gay and 2 sexy bi-sexual cousins whom I love so much and no fucking comment I put on a forum is going to make me love them any less... :toastlmao @ you telling me to take the interweb with a grain of salt...like I don't know how it works. I must have been upset because my posting style deviated from the norm so drastically. Bigot and dumb so you're a pretty normal combo.

:lmao at this next part

And just so that you know it, I have 1 gay and 2 sexy bi-sexual cousins whom I love so much and no fucking comment I put on a forum is going to make me love them any less... :toast

Suuuure. I gay bash because I have gay friends blah blah blah...:rolleyes

we've heard it all before, you're a bigot and piece of shit.

Not to mention you just called your cousin sexy. Fucking weirdo.

Greg Oden
09-02-2008, 03:54 PM
But that guy is a girl. That lessens the odds, no?

maybe

also, i'm tired of logging into and out of this sn, so any other direct convo with me will be returned by my reg. sn :bking

leemajors
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM

This is a warning flag.

remingtonbo2001
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM

:lol Katie?

Considering she resides on the other side of the country, I doubt you'd have any concerns, even if she was single.

This is the girl I shot up with a paintball gun, because she tried to TP my house. Yes, I definitely see the potential.

Los Spurs
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM

In regards to the last part of your comment. I've been married 15 years and one of my husband's best friends is a beautiful lady he met back in college. She is currently divorced and always calls my husband to talk about everything. At first I was a little nervous about the whole situation because she is very pretty and currently single, so I sat down with him one night and asked him if he would ever leave me for Misty (not real name). He told me that Misty was in his life way before he even met me and that if he chose me to be his wife was because I was the one. :p:
So, I don't think their should be a reason to get jeolous if your boyfriend has friends whether they are single or not. Just remember that if he is with you, it's because you're the one.

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
This bring up the issue of married women that cheat so frequently.

Unfortunately, you are right. Because a woman is married is no guarantee that she won't become involved with another man.

That is why you have to know that you can trust your SO, which I do. :)

My dad and mom both had an abundance of individual friends as well as mutual ones, but when it was all said and done, the person they each most loved to talk to was the other.

That's what I personally want in a relationship.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM

Considering she resides on the other side of the country, I doubt you'd have any concerns, even if she was single.

This is the girl I shot up with a paintball gun, because she tried to TP my house. Yes, I definitely see the potential.
If this turns into your first couple fight I'll consider this thread a success. However you might get shafted on the make up sex.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM

I understand. But the way I see is if your SO understand he/she is in a relationship then it shouldn't matter if the friend is single or not because your SO ISN"T. My marriage and children mean more to me than having sex with another woman ever would. The fact that a close friend of mine happens to be single doesn't matter because I'm married and that trumps their being single. If that makes sense.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
In regards to the last part of your comment. I've been married 15 years and one of my husband's best friends is a beautiful lady he met back in college. She is currently divorced and always calls my husband to talk about everything. At first I was a little nervous about the whole situation because she is very pretty and currently single, so I sat down with him one night and asked him if he would ever leave me for Misty (not real name). He told me that Misty was in his life way before he even met me and that if he chose me to be his wife was because I was the one. :p:
So, I don't think their should be a reason to get jeolous if your boyfriend has friends whether they are single or not. Just remember that if he is with you, it's because you're the one.:lmao at the lines your man feeds you. Same kind of shit all cheaters feed their "innocent" spouse. I hope Misty's pussy tastes nice.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
So, I don't think their should be a reason to get jeolous if your boyfriend has friends whether they are single or not. Just remember that if he is with you, it's because you're the one.

+1 I concur.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I understand. But the way I see is if your SO understand he/she is in a relationship then it shouldn't matter if the friend is single or not because your SO ISN"T. My marriage and children mean more to me than having sex with another woman ever would. The fact that a close friend of mine happens to be single doesn't matter because I'm married and that trumps their being single. If that makes sense.
With that said some people in the heat of the moment, when that rare opportunity comes knocking, have trouble turning down the quick high from fresh meat over the big picture. I'm not saying your mentality is flawed, its not. Human nature is to take the chance if its there.

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM

Yes, Katie.

The only reason I am not concerned is because I trust you.
I expect to like Katie, but I don't know her to trust her.

But at the end of every day, I am just going to have to trust you and not worry about the other women you are bound to meet at work, school, whatever.

I'm sure you'll meet plenty of girls in the course of our relationship who wish they could date you- like that girl the twins introduced you too.
Too bad, ladies. :)

remingtonbo2001
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM

:tu Couldn't have said it better myself.

Greg Oden
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
If this turns into your first couple fight I'll consider this thread a success. However you might get shafted on the make up sex.

:lmao:rollin:lmao

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
If this turns into your first couple fight I'll consider this thread a success.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm still laughing at Los Spurs and her Misty counterpart. Like Misty, who is recently divorced and probably crushed, surely wouldn't turn to an old faithful for that extra pick me up and male attention she desperately needs right now. She's plotting. No women would disrespect the wife by not addressing her first before engaging in personal conversation. She should have cleared it with you first, a real women who's truely respectful of the marriage would have. Instead she's going for the slow poison kill. You should get your eyes checked.

This is what recently single people do. They jam up the phone lines trying to find someone anyone who still likes them because their self esteem is fucking shot. Old flames always re-ignite a torn heart.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
:lmao:rollin:lmao

I thought you were going to turn into someone else?

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM
With that said some people in the heat of the moment, when that rare opportunity comes knocking, have trouble turning down the quick high from fresh meat over the big picture. I'm not saying your mentality is flawed, its not. Human nature is to take the chance if its there.

I hear that all the time. Human nature also teaches that if you mess with fire you are going to get burned. You'd be surprised by the power of true love. It may sound sappy and ridiculous but true love does exist.

tlongII
09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
This thread has turned into a mushfest.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm still laughing at Los Spurs and her Misty counterpart. Like Misty, who is recently divorced and probably crushed, surely wouldn't turn to an old faithful for that extra pick me up and male attention she desperately needs right now. She's plotting. No women would disrespect the wife by not addressing her first before engaging in personal conversation. She should have cleared it with you first, a real women who's truely respectful of the marriage would have. Instead she's going for the slow poison kill. You should get your eyes checked.

My SO had a female co worker became a widow x2 before age 30. My SO being a psychiatrist, would take phone calls at home from her to allow her to vent. I felt so sorry for her, we once as a couple took her out to dinner; she rarely spoke or made eye contact with me. One time after one of her phone calls I asked how she was doing and he said, "Well she said she wants me to meet her for a drink because she misses male companionship". Of course that sent up an immediate red flag to both of us; well less than one month later, another psychiatrist broke up with his wife and guess who was moving in?!

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Not only that Los Spurs. He was smart enough to do it right in front of you. If I was a guy who was being badgered by an "old friend" I would either say

"hey I'm married this conversation shouldn't and isn't going to happen"

or

I'd eliminate the suspicion or risk of getting caught by putting this right out there in front of you so I don't have to be sneaking around to find out if I

A. Want to cheat
B. Want to leave you for her

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I hear that all the time. Human nature also teaches that if you mess with fire you are going to get burned. You'd be surprised by the power of true love. It may sound sappy and ridiculous but true love does exist.Doesn't sound sappy at all. I totally agree with you. Power of love can allow you the control over urges or better yet it affords you the luxury of not being tempted.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
This thread has turned into a mushfest.

I know you'd prefer a "hit it fest".

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Doesn't sound sappy at all. I totally agree with you. Power of love can allow you the control over urges or better yet it affords you the luxury of not being tempted.

But don't get me wrong. I'm married not buried.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
My SO had a female co worker became a widow x2 before age 30. My SO being a psychiatrist, would take phone calls at home from her to allow her to vent. I felt so sorry for her, we once as a couple took her out to dinner; she rarely spoke or made eye contact with me. One time after one of her phone calls I asked how she was doing and he said, "Well she said she wants me to meet her for a drink because she misses male companionship". Of course that sent up an immediate red flag to both of us; well less than one month later, another psychiatrist broke up with his wife and guess who was moving in?!Fall back guys are the backbone of any whores self esteem. Good thing your SO bailed....or it seemed like he did.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
But don't get me wrong. I'm married not buried.I like your vision. I'm going to go ahead and move you up into my top 8 all time internet peoples who I like and respect. Glad to have you on the list.

Los Spurs
09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I hear that all the time. Human nature also teaches that if you mess with fire you are going to get burned. You'd be surprised by the power of true love. It may sound sappy and ridiculous but true love does exist.

AlamoSpursFan
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I know you'd prefer a "hit it fest".

I know I would.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Fall back guys are the backbone of any whores self esteem. Good thing your SO bailed....or it seemed like he did.

I think he did, but that was a long time ago. I don't really care now! :)

Greg Oden
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM

that is good to hear :hat

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 04:26 PM
that sharing is never going to equal the bond between those people that actually experienced those parts of my life with me.

:tu

My best (girl) friend and I have been friends since we were 5 ... which makes that more than 30 years now. We've pretty much experienced every MIP, date, break up, marriage, child birth, death, divorce ... you name it. You don't change best friends with each new dating relationship you enter ... that's crazy. Especially if you're just talking about dating.

And all of our friends who we hung out with the most when we were growing up were primarily boys ... but I'm not quite sure that counts. :lol

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:29 PM
:toastDon't be so quick to toast. Has Misty said two words to you? Perhaps you're the one messing with fire. You better hope he at leasts uses protection while he's boning this chic behind your back. I'm sure since he "knows her" he doesn't worry about things like warts and those strange red lesions all over her inner thigh. But hey they're just talking....your man is ignoring you to help out an old friend...who you probably didn't even know existed when you met your husband...who happens to be a crushed divorced female from the good ole days....because people don't fuck their brains out in college....they were study buddies...the kind that don't get drunk and fuck in the back of cars and dorm rooms...the kind that don't consider rekindling old hot sexy nights....the kind that don't dabble in threesomes with other lonely females...its just college...for an education not drunken orgies. You got nothing to worry about especially since she discussed this with you first, out of respect for your marriage...wait nevermind.

SpursWoman
All women cheat or will cheat. Don't let them fool you. They are horny and sneaky. Its a fact of life. Accept it. Its really no big deal.

:rolleyes

BacktoBasics
out of site out of mind.

SpursWoman
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
This is a warning flag.

Jackie Christie? :lol

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I wasn't exactly ready for this thread to end. Was it something I said?

leemajors
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Jackie Christie? :lol

I trust you, but you can't talk to women outside of your family.

to21
09-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Don't be so quick to toast. Has Misty said two words to you? Perhaps you're the one messing with fire. You better hope he at leasts uses protection while he's boning this chic behind your back. I'm sure since he "knows her" he doesn't worry about things like warts and those strange red lesions all over her inner thigh. But hey they're just talking....you're man is ignoring you to help out an old friend...who you probably didn't even know existed when you met your husband...who happens to be a crushed divorced female from the good ole days....because people don't fuck their brains out in college....they were study buddies...the kind that don't get drunk and fuck in the back of cars and dorm rooms...the kind that don't consider rekindling old hot sexy nights....the kind that don't dabble in threesomes with other lonely females...its just college...for an education not drunken orgies. You got nothing worry about especially since she discussed this with you first, out of respect for your marriage...wait nevermind.:lol let her live the lie B2B.

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
:lol let her live the lie B2B.Man I must have been zoned out. I just had to go back and fix two typos. Thanks for reposting that.

In all seriousness she my not have anything to worry about but since this women didn't even bother approaching her before she started talking to her husband I'd have red flagged that shit in a heartbeat.

jman3000
09-02-2008, 05:11 PM
i dont know.. but angel and bo are slowly but surely making me want to use the ignore feature for the first time.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Man I must have been zoned out. I just had to go back and fix two typos. Thanks for reposting that.

In all seriousness she my not have anything to worry about but since this women didn't even bother approaching her before she started talking to her husband I'd have red flagged that shit in a heartbeat.

B2B, I'm sure Sly has learned quite a bit, but you didn't address the entire issue: what to do with his daughter's hair? ;)

Slydragon
09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
i dont know.. but angel and bo are slowly but surely making me want to use the ignore feature for the first time.

Once she was off the market I put her on ignore. :rollin

I kid, I kid.

Slydragon
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
B2B, I'm sure Sly has learned quite a bit, but you didn't address the entire issue: what to do with his daughter's hair? ;)

I'm hoping her next hair cut she wants the Dora look again. That was so easy, I'm going to buy her some more Dora dvds.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm hoping her next hair cut she wants the Dora look again. That was so easy, I'm going to buy her some more Dora dvds.

:tu excellent!!

BacktoBasics
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
B2B, I'm sure Sly has learned quite a bit, but you didn't address the entire issue: what to do with his daughter's hair? ;)Well when I was a teenager I learned how to do nails and hair because I knew that women would eat that shit up. I had an Asian friend. It would give me an edge. Since its a little late for that I like the suggestion that was mentioned early about getting with a hairdresser and having her/him give Sly suggestions and tips for things they could both do together.

Since there is a lack of female presence I would most definitely take her to have her hair done frequently. Giving her a young ladies day of pampering on a regular basis will hopefully keep her from growing up feeling that she was robbed of that sort of thing.

mrsmaalox
09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Well when I was a teenager I learned how to do nails and hair because I knew that women would eat that shit up. I had an Asian friend. It would give me an edge. Since its a little late for that I like the suggestion that was mentioned early about getting with a hairdresser and having her/him give Sly suggestions and tips for things they could both do together.

Since there is a lack of female presence I would most definitely take her to have her hair done frequently. Giving her a young ladies day of pampering on a regular basis will hopefully keep her from growing up feeling that she was robbed of that sort of thing.

Damn B2B you can do nails? I just had a vision: quit your job, I'll be your pimp!! We'll offer manicures, pedicures and "other services"! You could be like Warren Beatty in that old hairdo/gigolo movie! I know zillions of women who would love an at home "pedicure" and pay well for it too :eyebrows

I. Hustle
09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
http://movies.toptenreviews.com/reviews/images/m186259.jpgFor research

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
That is why you have to know that you can trust your SO, which I do. :)

But you said you'd have a hard time doing that if his female friend were single, so that trust is still conditional.

There are tons of reasons that a friendship can be threatening to a relationship, and tons of ways it can get messy, but it all has to do with the people involved and not the friendship itself. Insecurity, jealousy, mistrust, and control all = bad. Friendship = good.

09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Must you provoke?

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't be so quick to toast. Has Misty said two words to you? Perhaps you're the one messing with fire. You better hope he at leasts uses protection while he's boning this chic behind your back. I'm sure since he "knows her" he doesn't worry about things like warts and those strange red lesions all over her inner thigh. But hey they're just talking....your man is ignoring you to help out an old friend...who you probably didn't even know existed when you met your husband...who happens to be a crushed divorced female from the good ole days....because people don't fuck their brains out in college....they were study buddies...the kind that don't get drunk and fuck in the back of cars and dorm rooms...the kind that don't consider rekindling old hot sexy nights....the kind that don't dabble in threesomes with other lonely females...its just college...for an education not drunken orgies. You got nothing to worry about especially since she discussed this with you first, out of respect for your marriage...wait nevermind.

I'm normally very entertained by BacktoBasics, even/especially when we disagree, but I must admit disappointment with this line of taunting. You completely missed the opportunity to suggest "Misty" was a man and tie it all in to the gay bashing rhetoric.

For shame.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Must you provoke?

Duh.

09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Isn't intimacy necessary to be considered a SO?

And people always will disappoint. Always.

Trust is overrated.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Isn't intimacy necessary to be considered a SO?

And people always will disappoint. Always.

Trust is overrated.

But isn't trust necessary for complete intimacy?

The way I see it, trust isn't about having faith that your partner will never fuck up, never make a mistake, or never piss you off. Trust is about having faith that your partner will at least be honest about their shortcomings, or knowing that they'll fess up when they've made a mistake. I've always seen lying about fucking someone else as a MUCH bigger violation of my trust than the actual fucking, for example.

09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm of the belief that you shouldn't say anything if you cheat. That's your cross to bear and the guilt is yours to keep.

Of course, other variables come to play such as the strength of the relationship and the severity of the cheating.

Nothing is absolute.

Jekka
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm of the belief that you shouldn't say anything if you cheat. That's your cross to bear and the guilt is yours to keep.

Of course, other variables come to play such as the strength of the relationship and the severity of the cheating.

Nothing is absolute.

Yeah you're right. I know that my friends who have been cheated on were really glad that the guys never told them. It's much better to hear lab results over the phone from your gynecologist.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 09:19 PM

Nothing is absolute.

I can see the benefit of keeping quiet in the case of a drunken one-night stand that was a complete mistake and something you'd never do again. I don't advocate it, necessarily, but can understand the thought process -- why rock the boat if you know, REALLY know, that you won't be making that mistake again. EDIT: Since Jekka brought it up, knowing that you didn't pick up any ickies from said mistake would also be a necessary condition to keeping it quiet.

When I think of trust, however, it usually has more to do with the stuff that leads up to the cheating. I've been cheated on before, and I've been hurt by it, but more because it was a sign that the person I was with didn't trust or respect me enough to bring up the issues they had with the relationship before they went looking for something else. That's the kind of trust that I think is important, and also the kind of trust that's really hard to find. Tell me when I'm pissing you off, tell me when I'm being too clingy, tell me if that hot girl who hit on you in the club was a temptation -- no one wants to hear that shit, and it will possibly lead to an argument, but it's a hell of a lot better than hearing about it after it's too big of a problem to solve.

That's why the friend thing seems like such a non-issue to me. I would hope for, and I would work towards, a relationship in which I would know whether or not there was cause for alarm. I wouldn't have to suspect. Or wonder.

09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
That would be another variable, Jekka.

09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
When I think of trust, however, it usually has more to do with the stuff that leads up to the cheating. I've been cheated on before, and I've been hurt by it, but more because it was a sign that the person I was with didn't trust or respect me enough to bring up the issues they had with the relationship before they went looking for something else. That's the kind of trust that I think is important, and also the kind of trust that's really hard to find. Tell me when I'm pissing you off, tell me when I'm being too clingy, tell me if that hot girl who hit on you in the club was a temptation -- no one wants to hear that shit, and it will possibly lead to an argument, but it's a hell of a lot better than hearing about it after it's too big of a problem to solve.

That's why the friend thing seems like such a non-issue to me. I would hope for, and I would work towards, a relationship in which I would know whether or not there was cause for alarm. I wouldn't have to suspect. Or wonder.

To put simply: Someone who has enough trust in you, themselves and the relationship that they wouldn't hold back when communicating their thoughts about you, themselves, the relationship, etc.

A rarity, indeed.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
To put simply: Someone who has enough trust in you, themselves and the relationship that they wouldn't hold back when communicating their thoughts about you, themselves, the relationship, etc.

A rarity, indeed.

Hence the fact I'm currently single.

angel_luv
09-02-2008, 11:56 PM
But you said you'd have a hard time doing that if his female friend were single,

While is not logical that I took comfort in the fact that Katie is married,the truth of the situation is that I did.

I don't think anyone is immune to at least experiencing occasional feelings of jealousy.

Personally, if I didn't care enough to feel at least a little possesive/protective when it comes to Bo, I don't think it would be worth our dating.
Know what I mean?

CuckingFunt
09-03-2008, 12:02 AM
While is not logical that I took comfort in the fact that Katie is married,the truth of the situation is that I did.

I don't think anyone is immune to at least experiencing occasional feelings of jealousy.

Personally, if I didn't care enough to feel at least a little possesive/protective when it comes to Bo, I don't think it would be worth our dating.
Know what I mean?

I know what you mean, but I don't agree.

ShoogarBear
09-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I knew when I left for work this morning this thread was gonna blow up.

Slomo
09-03-2008, 03:17 AM

My personal situation can in no way be compared to yours, but I'm the one who takes care of our daughter in the morning and drops her off at school - so hairdressing is a skill I have had to add to my already impressive resume :lol

Seriously though, as years go by you get better at it and I think I'm going to miss that chore, when she won't need my help anymore (we're almost there now - she's 9)

While I wish you good luck, I also think you might want to go into UFO chasing - just because the odds of actually finding one are better.

:p:

ploto
09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I grew up with lots of guy friends. In general, I think that men actually make better friends than women do. That being said I have learned the hard way that it usually does not work. I lost two very dear male friends because they crossed that line. Unfortunately, I now agree with Slomo. :(

As to young women today, I have to say that I understand why young guys feel the way they do about them. Based upon my conversations, these women have little self-respect, no self-control, and many are medicated.

About her hair- without seeing it, it is hard to make suggestions. If it is curly and thick, you might want to try a shorter hairstyle that is easy to take care of- sort of wash and wear. If it is straight and fine, she can wear it longer and just pull it up or put it in barrettes.