PDA

View Full Version : Palin: The Iraq War is About Oil....

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 09:34 AM
In an interview with Business Week Magazine this past week, Sarah Palin made a statement that I'm sure made will make the Bush Administration cringe.

Link (http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/aug2008/db20080829_272692_page_2.htm)
But better to start that drilling today than wait and continue relying on foreign sources of energy. We are a nation at war and in many [ways] the reasons for war are fights over energy sources, which is nonsensical when you consider that domestically we have the supplies ready to go.

Plain also said in an interview with Glenn Beck -

The average Alaskan says again we recognize these reserves being ready to be tapped. … We're ready to contribute more to the U.S. in terms of resources that can lead to a safer nation; and I say this while our nation is at war, while we're fighting, in some sense, over energy supplies.

X3jnbiHAMuY

I remember how people on the right were so dismissive of the "No War for Oil" crowd.:bang

Mr. Body
09-02-2008, 09:39 AM
This stuff is coming out too fast. Gotta make it last...

PixelPusher
09-02-2008, 09:45 AM
I remember how people on the right were so dismissive of the "No War for Oil" crowd.:bang

That old thing? "You'd have to be an idiot to think the Iraq war is about oil" talking point is soooo 2005. It's all about the "Of course we're there to secure the oil you idiot!" talking point nowadays.

Mr. Body
09-02-2008, 09:51 AM

They would have dismissed us no matter what we said. I'm convinced that a full 50-65% of what the Right does is because they can't stand liberals or anybody not like them. They'd run out into the snow naked if we said we were cozy in the house. Then they'd blame us for their decisions. It's a highly volatile, highly emotional crew, lead by the words of Limbaugh and Coulter.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I haven't heard much from Ann Coultergiest lately. I know she attacked McCain during the primaries so maybe that is why.

Mr. Body
09-02-2008, 10:03 AM
I haven't heard much from Ann Coultergiest lately. I know she attacked McCain during the primaries so maybe that is why.

She hasn't risen from her coffin yet.

Wild Cobra
09-02-2008, 12:06 PM
That's right. Jump to conclusions.

nuances...

George Gervin's Afro
09-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I wonder if yawn whannity will repeat her words over and over again for 3 or months..

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I should have titled this thread "Why Does Sarah Palin Hate Our Troops?".