PDA

View Full Version : A player after Pop's own heart.

SenorSpur
09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
While it takes most rookies and young players a while to to find their niche in the NBA, this kid is one that seems to get it. Playing defense is much about desire as is the other elements of basketball. Just like the manner in which Bruce Bowen discovered a way to survive in his early NBA days to become a premier defender, this kid demonstrates that he seemingly has the desire, mindset and focus needed to play a style of ball that Pop loves. Perhaps he and the FO should have strongly considered acquiring him.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54249/20080902/strawberry_defense_will_keep_me_in_nba/

Strawberry: Defense Will Keep Me In NBA

D.J. Strawberry had a slight inclination from the Suns that he might be dealt but was excited when he was dealt to the Rockets.

"Defense is what got me into the league, and it’s probably going to be what keeps me in the league," said Strawberry when asked what will it take for him to make the Houston roster. "So I have to maintain that, but at the other end I need to bring the versatility, play different positions, show that I can score, show that I’ve improved my jump shot, and just play my game overall. I need to show that I’m a better player than I was last year."

manufor3
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
lets get him

benefactor
09-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Jacque Vaughn v. 2.0?

Brutalis
09-02-2008, 07:54 PM
He seems like a nice project for sure.

DPG21920
09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
He is on Houston now, he just got traded from the Suns

Meaning the Rockets now have even more defensive depth. They will be the best defensive team in the league next year.

timvp
09-03-2008, 05:43 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about Quinton Ross . . .