Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Holy shit, he's fired up :tu

Clandestino
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
he's cracking me up.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know why he wasn't as animated on the campaign trail. My understanding, from listening to Hannity, is that he was the guy that a lot of the traditional conservatives were rooting for. Hell, every time I saw him on CSPAN, he looked like he'd rather be back at home.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
He's a much better choice for keynote speaker than Giuliani. I don't know that Giuliani could pull this kind of speech off as well as Thompson.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't know why he wasn't as animated on the campaign trail. My understanding, from listening to Hannity, is that he was the guy that a lot of the traditional conservatives were rooting for. Hell, every time I saw him on CSPAN, he looked like he'd rather be back at home.

Yeah, I was disappointed, but honestly I just think he didn't really want to go after the position. He was basically pushed to run by some, like you mentioned, that were really excited about the idea of him running.

Honestly though, this is what I expected. He's a great orator, but wouldn't be a great president. Kinda like Obama.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Shit, Lieberman's got some work to do to top this speech.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Good lord, hotties all over the place in the crowd. Nice :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Fred is on fire.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
:lmao

Paraphrasing:

"Dems say the tax increases won't affect you. Just big business. So unless you buy groceries, gas, clothes, or work for a business, it won't affect you."

FTW!

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
He's bringing some Law & Order to the convention.

He's doing very well. :tu

cool hand
09-02-2008, 09:38 PM
:sleep

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/BlowingSmoke.jpg

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Good lord, hotties all over the place in the crowd. Nice :tu

Please don't use the Lord's name in vain.

whottt
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM

Paraphrasing:

"Dems say the tax increases won't affect you. Just big business. So unless you buy groceries, gas, clothes, or work for a business, it won't affect you."

FTW!

"They're not going to take it out of your side of the bucket, they're going to take it out of the other side of the bucket"

How do you say PWNT in Rebpublican?

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
"They're not going to take it out of your side of the bucket, they're going to take it out of the other side of the bucket"

How do you say PWNT in Rebpublican?

Oh come on now. The DNC had some great one liners too. How do you say PWNT in Democrat?

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I expected you all to get excited during the RNC and nothing less. Just as I was during the DNC. This is your time. Enjoy.

Wild Cobra
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
You're right. Before I saw him in the primaries, I was all for Thompson. He just didn't seem to have the energy, and we were worried about him.

Man... He was good here!

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
You're right. Before I saw him in the primaries, I was all for Thompson. He just didn't seem to have the energy, and we were worried about him.

Man... He was good here!

Rest my friends. Rest.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Man... He was good here!

The guy has a great voice and was perfect to tell McCain's story. I don't think Giuliani could have done as well.

Lieberman is displaying that charisma that excited voters 2000.

Dammit where's the "blue" option?

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Okay, that's it. I'm sold.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Okay, that's it. I'm sold.

Lieberman's has now bored members of two different parties at two different conventions.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I still like Joe Lieberman.

Kamala
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
We're winning in Iraq? Hmmm bullshit!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Lieberman's got a good speech going. He's not giving a speech to lead the team out of the locker room onto the field like Thompson was doing but he's really driving home some points.

Wild Cobra

Who doesn't like Lieberman? I think he's a great person. I just don't like most of his political stances.

JoeChalupa
Lieberman's got a good speech going. He's not giving a speech to lead the team out of the locker room onto the field like Thompson was doing but he's really driving home some points.

As do all key note speakers.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Who doesn't like Lieberman? I think he's a great person. I just don't like most of his political stances.

But conservatives don't and that is why republican leaders pushed McCain so hard against his personal choice of Lieberman. Joe was McCain's true #1 choice for VP.

PixelPusher
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
The catering service the GOP hired really sucks ass...half the delegates are holding up signs asking for "Service".

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM

Yeah, he's just not a very effective public speaker. The Gore/Lieberman ticket was better for our nation's insomnia that Ambien.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
The catering service the GOP hired really sucks ass...half the delegates are holding up signs asking for "Service".

:lmao Come on now. That was funny.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM

If they raise the Mexican flag, the ladies from Pancho's will bring extra sopapillas.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
If they raise the Mexican flag, the ladies from Pancho's will bring extra sopapillas.

Servicio!!! Si se puede!!

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
All in all, two good speeches tonight. Thompson did a good job and Lieberman gave off the appearance of bipartisan support.

Now we just have to see if Lieberman challenges Chris Matthews to a duel.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Pretty weak response on CNN. They have a chick that was the campaign manager for Gore-Lieberman in 2000 on. Her response: "Lieberman said some things, but he was wrong."

Uh, nice response.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM

:lol

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I liked Leibermans's message...I agree with him about the partisanship.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM

<<<<Voted for Lieberman

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Holy shit Liberberman is owning the Democrats on CNN right now...the reasons he's citing are exactly the same reasons I couldn't vote for the Democrats in 04.

Glad to see you figured it out Joe.

It is pretty amazing...8 years ago Joe Leiberman ran for Vice President of the United States for the Democrats and tonight he delivered a speech at the Republican National Convention.

I am pretty sure that's a first.

I think he might have clinched my vote...

When the last Democrat I voted for is telling me to vote Republican, again, 4 years after I reached that conclusion on my own...not much argument left.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Holy shit Liberberman is owning the Democrats on CNN right now...the reasons he's citing are exactly the same reasons I couldn't vote for the Democrats in 04.

Glad to see you figured it out Joe.

It is pretty amazing...8 years ago Joe Leiberman ran for Vice President of the United States for the Democrats and tonight he delivered a speech at the Republican National Convention.

I am pretty sure that's a first.

I think he might have clinched my vote...

When the last Democrat I voted for is telling me to vote Republican, again, 4 years after I reached that conclusion on my own...not much argument left.

But did you hear his response when asked if Palin would be ready to step in for McCain? He knows alright. I understand his logic, I just don't agree with it.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not worried in the slightest about Palin....I've listened to her talk and I instantly liked her.

She's just like Bill Clinton...only she's hot.

Wild Cobra
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
She's just like Bill Clinton...only she's hot.
But I kinda doubt she's going to do interns!

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
You guys are about to lose the Clintons too...ya'll need get rid of Dean and Pelosi...they need to be at the back of your party like Gingrich is at the back of the Republican. You can't have the attack dogs as the face of your party.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Lieberman is not a democrat. Count on John McCain for what????
For letting our troops down by not voting for the GI Bill!?!?!? I guess Country first doesn't include our vets?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/stooooopidhead/politiks/100.jpg

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
You guys are about to lose the Clintons too...ya'll need get rid of Dean and Pelosi...they need to be at the back of your party like Gingrich is at the back of the Republican. You can't have the attack dogs as the face of your party.

I don't think so.

Anti.Hero
09-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Fred motha fuckin Thompson!

Dude laid down the lawwwwwwwww..

And Newt just raped an MSNBC goon on screen and brought the poor fool to tears.

Tonight was a great night.

Anti.Hero
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
But did you hear his response when asked if Palin would be ready to step in for McCain? He knows alright. I understand his logic, I just don't agree with it.

Did you see Newt's???

It was rape. I'm telling you.

I wish that Dyke on MSNBC could have gotten owned by him instead though :(

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I thought it was it was good night. Fred Thompson should win an Emmy.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Just as I say that I got Newt fucking Gingrich in my face...this asshat needs to be off my TV.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Did you see Newt's???

It was rape. I'm telling you.

I wish that Dyke on MSNBC could have gotten owned by him instead though :(

Newt Gingrich is just about the worst thing that ever happened to the Republican Party. IF I have to choose him or Nixon...I'm taking Nixon.

I hate this asshat...at least he's not as bad as he used to be. And he's not as bad as Pelosi and Dean.

Anti.Hero
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Newt Gingrich is just about the worst thing that ever happened to the Republican Party. IF I have to choose him or Nixon...I'm taking Nixon.

I hate this asshat...at least he's not as bad as he used to be. And he's not as bad as Pelosi and Dean.

LOL. How so, any idea how much ownage he laid down in ~96'?

He owns these libtards anyhow. Dude was fired up.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Lieberman is not a democrat. Count on John McCain for what????
For letting our troops down by not voting for the GI Bill!?!?!? I guess Country first doesn't include our vets?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/stooooopidhead/politiks/100.jpg

You want to know something pretty sad dude?

I saw Keith Olberman asking Chris Matthews if they could get a headline out of anything Thompson said...

That is so...fucked up man. It's just...that's all the Democrats are now. Soundbites headlines and bumperstickers. That is your party Joe...I am sorry but that's what it is now. The party of ADD.

Anti.Hero
09-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I loved how Olberman was doing the obvious connection of Bush bashing McCain 8 years ago and now endorsing him.

Olberman doesn't even mention Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and oh yeah....Joe Biden doing the same to Obama within a 2 month stretch :lmao

And the "4 more years" is bullshit. Maybe not for Iraq. But we might actually have a fiscal conservative in office. Holy shit!

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
LOL. How so, any idea how much ownage he laid down in ~96'?

He owns these libtards though. Dude was fired up.

He's the stereotypical Republican just like Pelosi and Dean are the stereotypical Democrats...they have their roles in their parties...but damned if they appeal to anyone, and I mean anyone outside of the party.

You can't be talking a bunch of crap about bipartisanship and then run Newt Gingrich out there...

PixelPusher
09-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I loved how Olberman was doing the obvious connection of Bush bashing McCain 8 years ago and now endorsing him.

Olberman doesn't even mention Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and oh yeah....Joe Biden doing the same to Obama within a 2 month stretch :lmao

And the "4 more years" is bullshit. Maybe not for Iraq. But we might actually have a fiscal conservative in office. Holy shit!
Libs watch Fox. Cons watch MSNBC.
This is a funny place.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:46 PM

I saw Keith Olberman asking Chris Matthews if they could get a headline out of anything Thompson said...

That is so...fucked up man. It's just...that's all the Democrats are now. Soundbites headlines and bumperstickers. That is your party Joe...I am sorry but that's what it is now. The party of ADD.

Oh come on now. :lmao The republican party is full of soundbites headlines and bumperstickers too. IT's A DAMN CAMPAIGN!!!! Have you not seen any of the McCain ads full of soundbites and headlines? :lmao At least try to keep it real man.

I need to burn one.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 10:48 PM

Oh god. Get off your high horse. If you don't know that all of politics hasn't been reduced to "soundbites, headlines, and bumperstickers" you've been living in a cave. We currently have an administration that admittedly mastered the art of cleverly naming legislation or political issues - the PATRIOT ACT, the death tax, Axis of Evil, Mission Accomplished, No Child Left Behind, War on Terror, Defense of Marriage Act, etc.

Anti.Hero
09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
This is a funny place.

We're all Spurs fans man. We know how to build up the walls and barrel through the media hahah

Anti.Hero
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh god. Get off your high horse. If you don't know that all of politics hasn't been reduced to "soundbites, headlines, and bumperstickers" you've been living in a cave. We currently have an administration that admittedly mastered the art of cleverly naming legislation or political issues. The PATRIOT ACT, the death tax, Axis of Evil, Mission Accomplished, No Child Left Behind, War on Terror, Defense of Marriage Act, etc.

Yes we can, Agent of Change, Hope, yeah yeah.

That's all politics are. Even now, we get no details. Everything we see is a smoke-screen to keep us occupied on both sides.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
But conservatives don't and that is why republican leaders pushed McCain so hard against his personal choice of Lieberman. Joe was McCain's true #1 choice for VP.

Actually what I read is that Leiberman himself was suggesting that was a bad idea.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm a political junkie and love it from all sides. Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Actually what I read is that Leiberman himself was suggesting that was a bad idea.

Because Joe knows.

Mr. Peabody
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes we can, Agent of Change, Hope, yeah yeah.

That's all politics are. Even now, we get no details. Everything we see is a smoke-screen to keep us occupied on both sides.

Can't argue with that. It's our own fault. We don't want details. We want a soundbite before the sports report to help us decide how to vote.

whottt
09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
This is a funny place.

It's almost like we want to watch what will piss us off the most :lmao

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I think MSNBC should move their coverage indoors for Chris Mathew's hair's sake.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 11:03 PM
On a closing note the republicans are doing a great job firing up their base and it will be very tough for Obama to win as I've said before. I'm confident the Country will do fine under either Obama or McCain. When all is said and done I am just a proud American who wants the best for our Country. :tu

whottt
09-02-2008, 11:10 PM
On a closing note the republicans are doing a great job firing up their base and it will be very tough for Obama to win as I've said before. I'm confident the Country will do fine under either Obama or McCain. When all is said and done I am just a proud American who wants the best for our Country. :tu

:tu anything is better than 04

Cant_Be_Faded
09-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Jesus christ whottt, i've never seen such a dramatic case of political bipolarism in such a short period of time.

not ten days ago you were moderately obama now you're frothing with hunger at every republican sound byte and decision

whottt
09-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Jesus christ whottt, i've never seen such a dramatic case of political bipolarism in such a short period of time.

What do you expect...I'm an independent.

I think it's stupid to be hardwired to a political party or a set ideology. Because situations change, the world changes...everything changes and what's right one day is wrong the next.

not ten days ago you were moderately obama now you're frothing with hunger at every republican sound byte and decision

For one major reason, because he was willing to give the Iraqis the timetable and the Republicans were fucking around with it.

And if the Republicans refused to give the time table to the Iraqis I would be voting for Obama even if every motherfucker on this forum was against him. And even if I hated every other stance he had. Even if I knew he was in bed with Usama Bin Laden.

You wanted the time table at our convenience...I wanted it at the Iraqis. We owed them after blowing the shit out of their country and promising to install a Democracy.

I didn't care if it was illegal or why we went in, once we were in, the time for protesting was over then, and that was the price we paid for electing Bush in 2000

My intent was for our country to live up to what Bush told the Iraqis, what they died for when they went out and cast their vote...whether he meant it or not. Not only because it's what you are supposed to do...but we would have faced even more terrorism had we now.

And I don't know why you fuckers had such a hard time understanding that. We had the power to ensure Bush kept his word on that promise...and none of you guys understood that. We always had that power with our vote.

But other than that...I got sick of the Democrats 4 years ago...I resent the hell out of the they way politicized the war and undermined it...and even worse, they forced me to vote for George Bush in 2004.

I will never forgive them for that...as I was the pre-eminient Bush hater in the entire United States prior to 2000.

And I'm not the only one that had problem with the Democrats approach to the war...because that's exactly what Joe Lieberman said tonight about the Democratic Party.

I am surpsied as you are to be voting Republican in what should be a postwar era and I think the main thing that got my blood going was the instant smear campaign against Palin's family...when she hasn't even opened her mouth yet.

And it was Obama's crew...and if your boy Paul is still paying lip service to him in any way shape or form he's not the honest man I think he is.

I guarantee you John McCain would not ever give his people the ok to go after Obama's kids.

Buddy Holly
09-02-2008, 11:57 PM
It's gonna suck big time for some of you when Obama-Biden win in November.

BIG TIME.

But I guess you'll always have Fred Thompson on the night of August 3, 2008.

PixelPusher
09-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I guarantee you John McCain would not ever give his people the ok to go after Obama's kids.

I would have found that guarantee more convincing if I hadn't just found out McCain hired the same guy who smeared his own kid back in 2000 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104079).

whottt
09-03-2008, 12:03 AM
I would have found that guarantee more convincing if I hadn't just found out McCain hired the same guy who smeared his own kid back in 2000 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104079).

Who's kids has McCain smeared?

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 12:03 AM

Well, let's be glad he doesn't have a 17-year old who's having unprotected sex with a "redneck" hockey player who "don't want kids."

:downspin:

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Who's kids has McCain smeared?

What's there to smear? :lmao

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Senator Thompson gave a great speech. :tu

Do you always calls someone Senator once they have served as one?

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Paraphrasing:

FTW!

That was one of my favorite parts, along with " The Dems assure the public:
"We are going to pull from the barrel, just not from your half. "

:lol

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
It's gonna suck big time for some of you when Obama-Biden win in November.

BIG TIME.

But I guess you'll always have Fred Thompson on the night of August 3, 2008.

Or September 2, 2008?

I will not be shocked if Senator Obama is elected. It is definitely too early to be counting him out.

romad_20
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I thought Thompson gave them the red, bloody meat they so crave. Great convention speech but I have yet to hear anything about really fixing the country's problems from either side. I will get excited when I start hearing that, and i don't think it will be at this convention. BTW, what the hell happened to McCain's bi-partisan approach, last night was the farthest thing from that.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
He did need to clear that phlegm though.

Findog
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
"I think I can say without fear of contradiction she's the only nominee in the history of either party who knows how to properly dress a moose."

Tell that to Teddy Roosevelt. Go back to sleep, Fred.

Has McCain just given up on winning the election? I didn't understand the significance of the Palin pick until it became clear that she is red, red meat for the base, and she is 100% hardcore on the social issues that the knuckledraggers go for. Apparently McCain wanted to pick that revolting piece of shit Lieberman, but since he's pro-choice he was promptly shot down by his own advisors and the RNC. Then I heard some Republican analyst talking about how much the rank and file voters love her and she's really galvanized the base, and she'll help the ticket in places like North Carolina, Georgia and West Virginia. Really? Do the Republicans really need help keeping those states in the red column? Seems to me like they shouldn't really have to expend any money or resources on those places.

I don't care about the pregnancy thing, it has no relevance on her qualifications or lack thereof. But the way she was selected VP is pretty disturbing. Since teenage pregnancy is an issue a lot of families deal with, and it doesn't disqualify her for the nomination, why not disclose it instead of leaving it to the blogs to ferry it out? And the answer as it turns out is that McCain wanted to pick Lieberman, was told he couldn't by his own advisors and party big shots*, and then because he wanted to make the announcement on the day after Obama's speech to blunt his momentum coming out of the Dem convention, they rushed the vetting process.

Whatever else you may say of Obama, or his running mate Biden, and there's plenty of negative things to say about both of them, at least Biden is qualified to assume the office if he needs to. Choosing a VP is basically the first act of your administration. Obama aced it by showing that he is not afraid to have somebody in his inner circle that isn't a yes man and can do the job if necessary. The #1 qualification for the Vice Presidency is a person's fitness for the top spot. The #2 qualification is their ability to aid the ticket on the campaign trail. Looks like McCain screwed that up on both counts: he took a crazy-ass right winger with 1 year of experience running a state with a smaller population than Charlotte, North Carolina, AND it was a pick borne of weakness since his base isn't fired up and consolidated. Obama made a managerial decision, McCain made a political decision. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in McCain's judgment or competence.

* Some Maverick for you.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you always calls someone Senator once they have served as one?
i think it goes for pretty much anyone that's held a public office.

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
i think it goes for pretty much anyone that's held a public office.

That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I was correct.

Thanks. :)

Anti.Hero
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Fred Thompson for official USA PR!!!

Nbadan
09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh Fred must have slept late yesterday...he was a lazy campaigner and would have made a lazy VP....

Biernutz
09-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Fred is a great speaker and he had my ear early in the campaign but Fred just looked like he didn't want to put up with grind of campaigning.

PixelPusher
09-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Props to Fred for getting through all the goary details of what John McCain went through as a POW without using the word "torture".

That's message discipline.

Findog
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Amazing how they can condone waterboarding and other forms of torture on one side of the mouth while they extol McCain surviving his ordeal in Vietnam out of the other side.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Or September 2, 2008?

Well, that's what I get for posting so late. :lol