PDA

View Full Version : Weed or Alcohol?

mavsfan1000
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
List the pros and cons of each. Also which is more addicting? FYI I've never taken weed before but am interested.

DisAsTerBot
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
List the pros and cons of each. Also which is more addicting? FYI I've never taken weed before but am interested.

first thing's first.......you don't take it, you smoke it :hat

mavsfan1000
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
You can make brownies out of it though.

MrChug
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM

And apparantly, you do neither. You have no sense of humor, so go score a dime, knock back a bottle and a half of Jack Daniels and whack down a 6 pack to calm your nerves.

...or just jack off again to relax there dingleberry.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
weed

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
You can make brownies out of it though.

thats usually hash.

Brutalis
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Alcohol.

Each year it gets harder to smoke and actually have a good job. I heard within 5 years universities will be drug testing as well.

Flight3107
09-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Weed

Its way easier to drive

baseline bum
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Weed is unquestionably the more fun of the two for getting fucked up on. Alochol is way more addicting.

MrChug
09-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Weed is unquestionably the more fun of the two for getting fucked up on. Alochol is way more addicting.

True dat.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
FYI I've never taken weed before but am interested.

And Dallas residents wonder why their city is seen as the southernmost bastion of yankee doodle dandies

InRareForm
09-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Weed. All Day.

No hangover.

The sone
09-03-2008, 01:13 AM
true to the hang over thing...but the job thing is way true too...

i find it comes in cycles...im currently on a three yr drunk :P

Jimmy Bobby
09-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Weed is illegal. We should observe our laws and be true to American principles. I am staying away from weed. Alcohol is legal and we can all come together and enjoy it.

mavsfan1000
09-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Weed is illegal. We should observe our laws and be true to American principles. I am staying away from weed. Alcohol is legal and we can all come together and enjoy it.
An interesting way to look at it. Illegal things never stopped me before. I'm not hurting anyone if I drink underage, not have a seat belt on, or smoke weed.

Sense
09-03-2008, 01:27 AM
I actually get a hangover kinda from weed... not from beer....

I've done good weed that fucks me up sooooo much... it's worse than too many beers/alcohol...

The other day I smoked, and I wanted so bad to sleep cuz I feared I was gonna do something stupid..

anyways...

beer>weed after that day...

Bigzax
09-03-2008, 01:27 AM
:smokin

InRareForm
09-03-2008, 01:39 AM

Terrible argument and many follow this same thinking.

Spur-Addict
09-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Alcohol.

Each year it gets harder to smoke and actually have a good job. I heard within 5 years universities will be drug testing as well.

What's next, mandatory high school drug testing? I hope you heard wrong.

Indeed

Weed. All Day.

No hangover.

All day is preferable.

Dex
09-03-2008, 01:50 AM
http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/hbaked09.jpg
On weed?

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 07:21 AM
I used to smoke back in the day and I always hated how when baked it always lasted just a little too long. It was awesome taking a nap after smoking a bowl though.

leemajors
09-03-2008, 07:23 AM
I guess i'll be the first to say BOTH.

romad_20
09-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Weed, but I do love me some beer. But if I had a choice for only one, Weed, no question.

Pros- relaxing, no hangover, not addicting (I'm currently 3 weeks without b/c of job hunting and have never experienced any kind of withdrawal or mental anguish) makes boring things fun, sex is awesome on it, my wife and I bond on it, music and concerts are more fun, helps hangovers from drinking and also when in any pain, for me it helps in self-reflection and is vitually harmless.

Cons- you usually smoke it, which can be harmful if you do it enough.

DisAsTerBot
09-03-2008, 08:36 AM
And apparantly, you do neither. You have no sense of humor, so go score a dime, knock back a bottle and a half of Jack Daniels and whack down a 6 pack to calm your nerves.

...or just jack off again to relax there dingleberry.

id much prefer an 1/8th and a bottle of cazadores. :hat......but the jacking off is ok...

koriwhat
09-03-2008, 09:53 AM
gotta love the buddah! no pinters please make it healthy. don't be stingy.

ps: herb will always be my #1 but with beer i can drown my sorrows.

smeagol
09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd say none.

I Love Me Some Me
09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Why not make a decision to be clean and dry?

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Booze is great but way way way more dangerous and distructive to the body. Sure you can die from smoking anything tar related like cigs and all tobaccos but this isn't an overdose drug like coke or crack. I think its impossible to have an actual overdose reaction to weed, it'd be like saying I overdosed on smoking (sans too much nicotine which can make you sick)...simply doesn't exist. Drinking and driving is about as bad as it gets but smoking and driving (a regular smoker) has a much lesser effect on the motor skills. I'm not advocating it but driving and smoking isn't nearly as dangerous.

The thing with dope is this. The longer you go without it and first few times you smoke its gonna be a ride. I remember the first time I smoked I laughed so much and so hard I just wanted it to stop. Its not the kind of thing you try once or twice before deciding wether you like it or not. To truely enjoy weed you need to smoke regularly say a couple of times a week. At that point you get passed the nervousness, jitters and excessive laughter. You also begin to be able to function normally even after having smoked large amounts of the stuff. The "high" is never the same as it once was but what you end up with is a nice calming effect that lets you settle in and really allow yourself to think about things in different ways. Some use it as a form of concentration. If you smoke regularly I recommend taking breaks periodically because you can become somewhat lathargic and sometimes even slightly depressed. Some everyday smokers don't go through that and some do. I recommend smoking maybe twice a week to as much as 3 times a week with those periodic breaks to level yourself out.

There really is no hangover but for some people booze and dope don't mix well and it can intensify a booze hangover however for most it doesn't.

The only so called "hangover" is that everyday usage can result in you waking up hazy and disconnected...like you have a cold or the flu. This usually fads away after being up for about 3 hours or with some caffeine. If you don't smoke daily this doesn't have such a profound impact.

I'm an advocate for dope. Its a good thing. I'm not an advocate for smoking daily and being a bum.

CuckingFunt
09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Booze is great but way way way more dangerous and distructive to the body. Sure you can die from smoking anything tar related like cigs and all tobaccos but this isn't an overdose drug like coke or crack. I think its impossible to have an actual overdose reaction to weed, it'd be like saying I overdosed on smoking (sans too much nicotine which can make you sick)...simply doesn't exist.

Amy Winehouse disagrees (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/09/01/amy_winehouse_suffers_from_marijuana_poi).

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Hash -

contains the same active ingredients but in higher concentrations than other parts of the plant such as the buds or the leaves.

We're talking about weed here not Hash or hash oil. I don't fuck with hash unless its a special occasion and its not something you consume for 36 hours straight.

Thats like comparing a bottle of 151 Proof to the same size bottle of 40 proof Creme liqueor.

She had smoked an inhuman amount of hash which resulted in acute cannabis poisoning. You have to take a s**tload of pot to suffer that severe a reaction.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 11:16 AM
You could smoke an ounce of dirt weed fuck even KB over a 24 hour period and it wouldn't even get close to a drop of hash oil on the end of a butter knife.

randompottymouth
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
how about you dumb asses put away the bottle/bong, and go read a book or watch t.v. or even spend time with your kids if you have them. And if not how you go meet someone. what a bunch of losers. you should be ashamed telling yourself these things are beneficial to you. Oh yeah, and weed is still illegal just in case anyone forgot and just because you think it doesnt hurt you doesnt mean its not a law anymore.

what a bunch of shit heads.

spursfan09
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
alchohol. because it's legal and I'm in college and weed makes you slow if ya know what I mean. Also if weed is in your system, how can you expect to get a good job or pass any drug test. You can go to jail. I just hate the hangovers that alcohol can lead to, so i suggest alcohol in moderation. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
I'd say none.

big surprise there

The sone
09-04-2008, 01:32 AM
live a life worth living fuckface!

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
It really depends on the setting situation mood and familiarity with the people I'm around.

ie if I'm walking on the beach with a couple of people just before the sun is about to come up, I'd rather smoke a joint. On the other hand, if it's a semi-big social event (which to me is a gathering of about 10 people) or party, I'd want to get drunk.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 01:44 AM
The only problem I've got with smoking weed is that if someone who doesn't smoke weed and is turned off by it sees you smoking ONCE they immediately label you a pothead. It's funny because those same people get drunk every weekend or more often and try to avoid admitting the fact they're borderline alcoholics and have a problem. It's all bullshit.

Kevin Blackistone
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Either one is fine if kept in moderation and proper perspective, just like everything else in life. There is a common sense time, place, and frequency to everything. Water can kill you if you consume too much in a short period of time.

Leetonidas
09-04-2008, 04:15 AM
how about you dumb asses put away the bottle/bong, and go read a book or watch t.v. or even spend time with your kids if you have them. And if not how you go meet someone. what a bunch of losers. you should be ashamed telling yourself these things are beneficial to you. Oh yeah, and weed is still illegal just in case anyone forgot and just because you think it doesnt hurt you doesnt mean its not a law anymore.

what a bunch of shit heads.

Damn, shut the fuck up you preaching faggot.

As for the topic, well, obviously my choice is marijuana. It's more useful and calming. Alcohol just makes me feel stupid and fucked up.

smeagol
09-04-2008, 07:37 AM
big surprise there

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a big fan of either.

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I love how you must be a loser or ignore your family...or not read books if you smoke or drink. Absolutely retarded way of thinking.

remingtonbo2001
09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Get high the natural way, by exercising and eating healthy.

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Weed is grown from a plant that has roots in the ground just like tomatoes and a number of other foods, spices and medicines.

If it wasn't for slavery this drug would probably be used much like vicodin if not more like asprin or tylenol. At this point the war on drugs is far more important than coming to terms with legalizing something thats relatively harmless compared to much more distructive things like nicotine and booze.

Sunshine
09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Neither.

smeagol
09-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I say if it fucks with your head and is addictive, probably better to stay away from it.

But I guess that is not the popular choice these days.

remingtonbo2001
09-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Weed is grown from a plant that has roots in the ground just like tomatoes and a number of other foods, spices and medicines.

If it wasn't for slavery this drug would probably be used much like vicodin if not more like asprin or tylenol. At this point the war on drugs is far more important than coming to terms with legalizing something thats relatively harmless compared to much more distructive things like nicotine and booze.

Yes, I'm well aware of Cannabis and it's positive attritubes to the health and well being of the individual.

The main question should be, what method should be used to receive the benefits that Cannabis has to offer.

My preference is Hemp Seed Oil.

balli
09-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Ummmmmm... Let's see here- a terrible poison that fucks up your central nervous system, liver and frontal cortex. A poison that causes death by overuse, routine use, drunk driving and anger. A poison that causes fathers to beat their children and wives. A poison that causes vomiting, blackouts and headaches afterwards. A poison that is physically addictive.

Me, I'll just stick with a simple herb that does nothing other than slightly alter my consciousness and eyelids.

mouse
09-04-2008, 11:45 AM

that's how i do it

Indazone
09-04-2008, 11:45 AM
legalize it!

It's been like ages for me. Ever since I left college...I been bone dry. :(

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I say if it fucks with your head and is addictive, probably better to stay away from it.

But I guess that is not the popular choice these days.

Too many things that do that to list and that are more destructive than smoking weed (in moderation).

smeagol
09-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Too many things that do that to list and that are more destructive than smoking weed (in moderation).

Go ahead, we have time and this is a message board.

Not everybody can do it in moderation . . .

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Go ahead, we have time and this is a message board.

Not everybody can do it in moderation . . .

speeding excessively
talking on the phone while driving
eating fast food
excessive amounts of pain killers like tylenol
too much caffeine

the world if full of everyday things that have way less of an effect on your life than bud.

Spur-Addict
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM

Boo this man, BoOOooOOOoOOOoO

live a life worth living fuckface!

Did someone say the examined life? YES! :toast

smeagol
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
speeding excessively

I said "fucks with your head and is addictive". This one does not apply.

talking on the phone while driving

Wrestling with lions. Which is also irrelevant.

eating fast food

Fucks your body, not your head.

excessive amounts of pain killers like tylenol

Probably as bad as excessive pot smoking

too much caffeine

:lmao

the world if full of everyday things that have way less of an effect on your life than bud.

So? I never said drinking in moderation is bad. My issue is with getting drunk on a regular basis. Have your bud, and be happy.

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 01:48 PM
SEX

fucks with your head and is addictive

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
SEX

This one gets my vote, for the record.

smeagol
09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
SEX

Sex > Weed

Sex > getting drunk

You have my vote too.

DisAsTerBot
09-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Alcohol.

state employees aren't drug tested....

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Sex > Weed

Sex > getting drunk

You have my vote too.

weed + sex > sex 10x

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
weed + sex = sex 10xFTFY

mavsfan1000
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Sex > Weed

Sex > getting drunk

You have my vote too.

Pregnancy and Std's is risky as well. Not that I wouldn't want to get laid but for me a lot more to think about than getting caught for Marijuana or alcohol (Public intoxication).

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I still like the occassional toddy, but I haven't smoked pot, or done any other drug since college. Drugs never did anything for me. You can't get much higher than the natural high I'm eternally on.

KobeOwnsBowen
09-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Marijuana is awesome.