PDA

View Full Version : Obama to appear on O'Reilly this Thursday, Reached a truce with Fox

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 11:29 PM
This from the Political Wire (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/09/02/obama_held_secret_meeting_with_fox_news.html)

In Vanity Fair, Michael Wolff reports on a "secret courtesy meeting" between Sen. Barack Obama and Fox News chief Roger Ailes earlier this summer.

"Obama lit into Ailes. He said that he didn't want to waste his time talking to Ailes if Fox was just going to continue to abuse him and his wife, that Fox had relentlessly portrayed him as suspicious, foreign, fearsome -- just short of a terrorist.

"Ailes, unruffled, said it might not have been this way if Obama had more willingly come on the air instead of so often giving Fox the back of his hand.

"A tentative truce, which may or may not have vast historical significance, was at that moment agreed upon."

Ben Smith notes Obama will appear on the O'Relly Factor for the first time on Thursday.

I'll be watching.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I do think this is risky since Bill will pose the questions to get the answers he wants. Do you all think McCain would agree to be interviewed by Keith Olberman?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Should be interesting. Wonder if they had to give him the question list first :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
09-03-2008, 12:27 AM
This spurstalk.com election season is funny bc I think I've actually witnessed AHF pushed even further to the right than he's ever been before.

PixelPusher
09-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I do think this is risky since Bill will pose the questions to get the answers he wants.

No worries, if Obama answers aren't to Billo's liking, he'll just cut his mic.

Trainwreck2100
09-03-2008, 12:32 AM
I know how it's going to go down

Bill:Mr. Obama thank you for joining us
Ob:It's a pleasure to be on your show
Bill:Asks question
Ob:Answers question
Bill:Isn't it true........................
Ob:Tries to answer
bill:Starts yelling
Ob:Tries to answer over yelling
Bill:Yells even louder.

This will go on for the entire segment.

boutons_
09-03-2008, 03:58 AM
Quite risky, O'Reilly is master polemicist, blowhard, rude, interruptive, insulting, bullying, like Hannity. Fox knows how to pander to their ignorant bubbas in their viewership.

Compared to McWimp's chickening out vs softballer Larry King, Obama going face-to-face with nasty O'Reilly is a gutsy move, quite a bit of risk.

shelshor
09-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Should be interesting. Wonder if they had to give him the question list first :lol

Of course they do; B. Hussein's handlers have to have time to load the answers into the teleprompter so he doesn't come across as the dolt he really is

cool hand
09-03-2008, 04:45 AM
on the same night Mccain gets his nomination........shrewed.

cool hand
09-03-2008, 04:45 AM
you know if you listen to o'reilly on the radio he is actually quite objective.

Obstructed_View
09-03-2008, 06:11 AM
you know if you listen to o'reilly on the radio he is actually quite objective.

"if you listen", being the operative statement. Why find out for yourself when you can just repeat what other people say? It's worked for some of these guys for years.

Mr. Peabody
09-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Of course they do; B. Hussein's handlers have to have time to load the answers into the teleprompter so he doesn't come across as the dolt he really is

The dolt he is....?

Obama - Columbia University, Harvard Law -magna cum laude, Harvard Law Review, professor in a 10 top law school

shelshor - posts on a political message board

:toast

TheProfessor
09-03-2008, 08:31 AM
The dolt he is....?

Obama - Columbia University, Harvard Law -magna cum laude, Harvard Law Review, professor in a 10 top law school

shelshor - posts on a political message board

:toast
And we're talking about a Constitutional Law professor at one of the best schools in the nation. I mean, attack his experience, whatever, but calling a man so obviously accomplished stupid is just lazy BS.

Mr. Body
09-03-2008, 09:32 AM
BillO will be impressed he doesn't ask for "More Iced-T MotherFucka!"

Mr. Body
09-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Quite risky, O'Reilly is master polemicist, blowhard, rude, interruptive, insulting, bullying, like Hannity. Fox knows how to pander to their ignorant bubbas in their viewership.

Compared to McWimp's chickening out vs softballer Larry King, Obama going face-to-face with nasty O'Reilly is a gutsy move, quite a bit of risk.

Obama has a profoundly more secure and coherent a personality than O'Reilly, although O'Reilly controls the mike.

Ocotillo
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
O'Reilly is in his element. This is Obama trying to reach out to the other side and be inclusive. It will be interesting as Obama's style, personality does not lend itself to being successful in this sort of arrangement.

He is bright enough but his speaking style in Q/A is deliberative, measured, etc..... Meanwhile, one would expect O'Reilly to talk on top of him if he doesn't like what he is hearing and basically bull his way through the interview.

You have to go into the den of the lions sometimes but I hate to see any legitimacy be given to shills at Fox.

Oh, Gee!!
09-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I think Bill-O would probably do his best to run a fair interview; this is a pretty big deal for him after all

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 10:22 AM
All I know Bill will WANT TO DO IT LIVE!!!!! I actually like Bill and watch his show all the time. Just like with Bill, with Chalupa...the spin stops here.

Anti.Hero
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
O'Reilly got really weak a year or so ago and is really trying hard to act objective all of a sudden.

I imagine it'll just be another weak interview. Otherwise Obama would not be doing it.

LOL at doing it on nomination night. Damn Irish all about the benjamins.

jack sommerset
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
O'Reilly will be good to him. I want to see Hanity interview O'Bama.

Mr. Peabody
09-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I think this could be a disaster. O'Reilly can make you look bad regardless of your point or position. It's just a matter of him asking loaded questions and then cutting your answers short or talking over you.

I will say this though, I was amazed at the way O'Reilly treated Richard Dawkins when he was on The Factor. I thought Bill would go after him, but he didn't. It almost seemed as if Bill was intimidated by Dawkins.

I don't think O'Reilly will be intimidated by Obama. He could very well leave him stuttering and trying to explain nuances while O'Reilly blasts him.

Anti.Hero
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I think this could be a disaster. O'Reilly can make you look bad regardless of your point or position. It's just a matter of him asking loaded questions and then cutting your answers short or talking over you.

I will say this though, I was amazed at the way O'Reilly treated Richard Dawkins when he was on The Factor. I thought Bill would go after him, but he didn't. It almost seemed as if Bill was intimidated by Dawkins.

I don't think O'Reilly will be intimidated by Obama. He could very well leave him stuttering and trying to explain nuances while O'Reilly blasts him.

It's not intimidation. O'Reilly went soft a year ago and hasn't been the same since.

The asshole persona finally got to him.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
O'Reilly will be good to him. I want to see Hanity interview O'Bama.
i'd like to see beck get a hold of obaMESSiden

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 04:47 PM
i'd like to see beck get a hold of obaMESSiden

Glen Beck aint' shit.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
as long as obaMESSiden has a teleprompter everything will be a-ok. don't know if the o'reilly set will accommodate a full fledge greek temple, but i think they'll manage. now that would be funny if bill's crew constructed one.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Glen Beck aint' shit.
good rebuttal. well put.

Mr. Peabody
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
good rebuttal. well put.

He should have included a term like "obaMESSiden" so we would all know to take the post more seriously.

xrayzebra
09-03-2008, 05:02 PM

I would bet on it. You can be sure it will no be "off the cuff". And notes will be allowed.

xrayzebra
09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
on the same night Mccain gets his nomination........shrewed.

Fox has already said it will be just part one of the interview. Will not take any time away from McCain.

Mr. Peabody
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Fox has already said it will be just part one of the interview. Will not take any time away from McCain.

There's no way they would take time from McCain. Hell, I'd be upset if they did that.

It could be a good move. I imagine Fox viewership will be large on that night.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
He should have included a term like "obaMESSiden" so we would all know to take the post more seriously.
youre catching on

Anti.Hero
09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I wonder if Bush will ever catch Obamabiden.

DOUBLEEEEE TTAKKKEEEEEE

boutons_
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
"Fox viewership will be large on that night."

yep, it's all about selling eyeballs to advertisers.

The price will be high.

Which advertisers paid the price?

Biernutz
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Can Obama answer a hardball question? He is so used to the hero worship he gets from the liberal TV and rags. He has to be scared about on how many voters watch FNC .

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
And we're talking about a Constitutional Law professor at one of the best schools in the nation. I mean, attack his experience, whatever, but calling a man so obviously accomplished stupid is just lazy BS.

If he's so up on constitutional law, why is he so against some of it?

Mr. Body
09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Can Obama answer a hardball question? He is so used to the hero worship he gets from the liberal TV and rags. He has to be scared about on how many voters watch FNC .

You guys are fucking idiots.

What's a hard question from Fox? A loaded question? 'When did you stop beating your children, Barack?'

Anti.Hero
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
"Fox viewership will be large on that night."

yep, it's all about selling eyeballs to advertisers.

The price will be high.

Which advertisers paid the price?

Fox gets the most viewers for these news networks than any other. Just like radio, Conservative talk radio trumps any libtard broadcast.

At the end of the day, those bubbas pay the billz

san antonio spurs
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
If he's so up on constitutional law, why is he so against some of it?

You can't be this stupid. You have to master a field in order to see the holes in it. Would you be against something you don't know?

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I'll be home for this tonight.

Biernutz
09-04-2008, 04:44 PM
You guys are fucking idiots.

What's a hard question from Fox? A loaded question? 'When did you stop beating your children, Barack?'

Has he stopped?

ggoose25
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
:lmao

DarkReign
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
You can't be this stupid. You have to master a field in order to see the holes in it. Would you be against something you don't know?

No, he is far from stupid. Just unabashedly bias, no matter its relevance to his perceived intelligence.

Spur-Addict
09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Will there be a showing on the net?

tlongII
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I thought Obama acquitted himself very well on The O'Reilly Factor tonight. He's very smoooove. I'm anxious to see the rest of the interview next week.

jack sommerset
09-04-2008, 08:33 PM
I have not seen it yet but O'Reilly is not that bad. I like his show and 90 percent of the time he gives his guest last word. Most host get the last word and go to commercial durning a heated exchange.