PDA

View Full Version : "Morning Drive with Peter Burns & Andy Everett" on Ticket 760

Jimmy Bobby
09-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I have to say, that show totally rules. Peter Burns was funny and insightful, while Andy Everett was a great sidekick in the tradition of Ed McMahon and "Hey Now" Hank Kingsley. Finally, San Antonio has a morning show we can rally around. I am personally challenging the entire Spurstalk.com community, including DizzG and SpursLady, to make it their mission to take this great new show to #1 in the ratings. We can do this if we spread the word and commit to each call 50 of our friends. When this is the top show in the ratings, we can all take pride in what we have accomplished!

Kudos to Peter and Andy!

Bigzax
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Free Czaban!

pooh
09-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Free Czaban!

Amen to that. Czaban rules the morning.

JudynTX
09-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Leave me out of this. :lol I kinda don't care.

johnsmith
09-03-2008, 08:00 AM

Then GTFO.

MoSpur
09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Bring Bruno back!

PeterBurns
09-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm working on a Bruno thing.....be patient grasshopper.......very patient.

screamformelongbeach
09-04-2008, 02:14 AM
In a perfect radio world:
1. Czaban, 5a-8a
2. Bruno, 8a-11a
3. Local hacks, NEVER

Again, there's a reason local hacks are LOCAL, and national hosts are NATIONAL. (co-hosting a 3-man morning zoo fantasy football show once a week is irrelevant)

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:27 AM
I prefer listening to someone locally as opposed to national people who think LA and NY and east coast is the only thing in sports that exists.

That being said. I wish they would've replaced Jim Rome, cause Czaban will still be on my radio dial.

PM5K
09-04-2008, 03:00 AM
We can do this if we spread the word and commit to each call 50 of our friends.

I don't even have 50 friends...

:downspin:

S_A_Longhorn
09-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Not a bad show. Listened to the Ticket 760 for the first time in about 6 months. College football talk wil always get my attention. Fantasy football talk will drive me away like nothing else.

johnsmith
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I prefer listening to someone locally as opposed to national people who think LA and NY and east coast is the only thing in sports that exists.

That being said. I wish they would've replaced Jim Rome, cause Czaban will still be on my radio dial.

I'm hearing more and more people knock Jim Rome lately and I still don't get it. Dude cracks me up more then any other sports show host I've ever listened too.

samikeyp
09-04-2008, 09:10 AM
A local show is good to have, I am not saying 24/7 of local programming but you do need a local show because that is what the majority of your listeners care about the most.

Hopefully PB and Everett will be good.

PeterBurns
09-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Bruno is a weird deal man. I've been talking with him over the last few weeks. Looked like he had a job back locally in LA, and they decided against him last minute.

I'm not sure where the backlash is coming from. He's amazing, and what got me into radio in the first place. I would assume that he's try to latch on with Sirius/XM merger, but there must be some kind of blacklist around him.

Oh well. On a better note, it looks like we have Dallas Cowboys Coach Wade Phillips for a Once a week Interview, which is pretty cool.

remingtonbo2001
09-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Awesome.

AlamoSpursFan
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Bruno is a weird deal man. I've been talking with him over the last few weeks. Looked like he had a job back locally in LA, and they decided against him last minute.

I'm not sure where the backlash is coming from. He's amazing, and what got me into radio in the first place. I would assume that he's try to latch on with Sirius/XM merger, but there must be some kind of blacklist around him.

What happened to his Sporting News Radio show?

I listened for a few weeks when they put him on Sirius 123, but he was on against The Morning Drive on NASCAR 128, so I kinda quit listening. (Oops, I may have just answered my own question... :lol )

Taco
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
b.b.b !!!!

pkbpkb81
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
what would be great is if we had the burns show then Bruno followed by jim rome now thats a good line up

PeterBurns
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
No word yet from Tony. He's working on something, but not saying what yet.

S_A_Longhorn
09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Good show so far, Burns. THe only show I'm listening to right now on The Ticket 760.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
"Other Sports" forum

PeterBurns
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Good show so far, Burns. THe only show I'm listening to right now on The Ticket 760.

It's getting there. Still figuring out some things. Lot of stuff we haven't got into regarding emails, texts...etc.

Although we had to talk about the Handjob on the Mountain story. That was unreal. I saw it last night, I couldn't freaking believe it.

Getting a handjob....cool.
Getting a handjob at a ballgame....cooler
Getting a handjob at a ballgame on the side of the mountain....even cooler
Getting a handjob at a ballgame and ESPN doing play by play....PRICELESS.

T Park
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Peter, tried to call in sunday morning and couldn't get through.

You guys are too freaking popular.

BTW, nice call on using the Detroit defense against the Falcons :)

PeterBurns
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah. We get 8 phone lines busy on Sunday's, as soon as we drop a call it get filled up. This year the show is in over 110 markets, so it's nuts.

We had over 450 texts in that 2 hours span. It crazy. I can't answer them quick enough.

Yeah. F'n Detroit. I figured, Mike Harmon my co-host in LA, all he does for a living is study Fantasy Football, so I'd figured I'd throw him a curve with Detroit's D.

Within the 1st 15 Minutes of the game, I had about 20 text messages...."DETROIT D!!!"

Horn Tooter
09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Peter cut me some slack tonight ok?

PeterBurns
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Peter cut me some slack tonight ok?

That's some funny shit right. Well played sir. well played.
I just gave mysef a pink card.

Yellow is for warning
Red is for ejection
Pink is for Douche

T Park
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Within the 1st 15 Minutes of the game, I had about 20 text messages...."DETROIT D!!!"

I must admit, when watching the score for the Falcons continue to go up, the first thing I thought of was you sitting there shaking your head and tapping your forehead with the mouth of your bottle of bear :lol

PeterBurns
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Well at least I told people to sit McGahee and play Rice when it was still 50-50 and told them to sit Coles against the Dolphins.

But F'n Atlanta? You've got to be kidding me. Worst Call of the decade

T Park
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah even Rice didn't have that good of a game.

I think ole Le'Ron has passed him up as well. That dude looked stellar.

scott
09-08-2008, 10:49 PM

I think this post deserves some further calling out, as similar ones have clogged up this message board since this particular posted waddled her way over from SpursReport.

If you don't anything to add, why don't you resist whatever egotistical urge you have to post and think anyone gives a shit about you.

Back to topic, caught a little of the show this AM, and it sounded good. I can't promise I'll ever listen again, because Sirius radio commands most of my radio watching time, but it was a huge improvement over some other local sports radio shows of the past. Keep up the good work.

TheTruth
09-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah, i listen the 20 minutes it takes me to drive to work, and I've been impresses so far.

Taco
09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Local Sports show's Rule!!!

Love the Show Pete and Andy!! :tu

I Love Me Some Me
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM
If you don't anything to add, why don't you resist whatever egotistical urge you have to post and think anyone gives a shit about you.

At the same time, you could also resist whatever egotistical urge you have to post a reply, and think those same people give a shit about you.