PDA

View Full Version : Our little girls first school suspension. A proud B2B moment.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Well gang we have our first school suspension. 3 days for "fighting". I couldn't be more proud. Its was a tough situation and I'm shocked...absolutely floored at how this entire thing unfolded. I'm greatful that at some point a difference was made in between my "look out for #1" father daughter rants because a lot of times you have to put yourself down a notch or two and cover a friend in need. Let me break yesterday down for you.

I get a call around 1pm from the wife. She tells me shes gotta go to the school because there's been a fight. I'm figuring its the older one (13) because she's pretty and scrappy and tends to piss off the ladies when she hangs around her "male" friends...sup yesterdays thread, strange coincidence YES, some here might call it "GODS sign" :rolleyes. Turns out its the younger one (12). I'm pretty suprised because she is highly non-confrontational. I told the wife to not let her do anything until I get home and we talk about it. No problem because she has a ton of errands to run and will probably be home when around the same time I get home.

I get home and open the door to the kiddo on the computer.

Me: What the fuck is this. Your ass is in trouble get off the computer Marciano.

Kiddo: Who's Marciano?

Me: :rolleyes nevermind.

Wife: I let her on. Go ahead and tell him what happened.

Kiddo: Well I was sitting in class and my friend sitting next to me had a bag and all kinds of books piled up on her lap so I asked her what the heck she was doing. She lifted up the bag and she was soaked all the way down to her knees.

Me: :huh is this a first period story?

Kiddo: SHE PEED HERSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS

Everyone in the room: ::holdingBackLaughterMeSemiConfused::

Kiddo: her face was sooo sad she looked bad and I felt real sorry for her. We were about ten minutes away from the bell ringing and she was frustrated trying to use her bag to dry her pants. She was about to cry. So I told her I had an idea and to just play it cool and not say anything/

Me: I'm gonna stop you right there because if you pissed yourself like that Adam Sandler movie I'm going to fucking ground you for an extremely long time based on stupidity alone.

Kiddo: NOOOO I took my Sprite out of my bag and shook it up under my desk. I opened it and sprayed it all over her then flung as much of it as I could on her. I threw the can at her, called her a bitch and told her I hated her. Mr. Vasquez took us both out of class and down the Vice Principals office. They gave her a towel and sat us down in the lobby. I told her not to say anything and that I wouldn't be in that much trouble so just relax and tell them you don't know why I went loopy.

Me: Good idea :toast and :tu to you....so what did the VP have to say.

Kiddo: I just told him I didn't know why I was so mad and that I just didn't like the way she was looking at me. He told me that he considered the can a weapon :rolleyes and that I'd have a punishment to face.

Me: I can go talk to the school if you want but I'm gonna guess you'd rather have the 5 day weekend huh.

Kiddo: I'd rather just leave it alone.

Me: I bet you would. Enjoy your 5 days.

So not much later the little girl called and her parents wanted to talk to one of us I quickly defered this to wifey. The parents seemed pretty cool about it (obviously) and they offered to go in tomorrow too but my wife said it was no big deal and since it all pretty much worked out there's no reason to go in and expand the story because grown ass adults talk too. No doubt the story would have been public in no time. So everyone just decided to leave it alone. Her friend is extremely thankful.

Might not have been the best plan because she could have probably walked in front of her to the bathroom or something but I really can't complain.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Or she could have "accidentally" spilled the Sprite on her friend, but all-in-all, a sharp mind on that daughter of yours.

monosylab1k
09-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I wish I could be a preteen daughter of B2B, it seems like a pretty good gig.

tlongII
09-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Big Ups to your daughter! :tu

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 10:03 AM
B2B quick goat thinking on your daughters part. Props to her!!

Slomo
09-03-2008, 10:05 AM
A for the idea
B for the execution

:tu for having the guts to take one for her friend.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Cool story, sharp kid! :toast

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
DUDE wtf you have a 12 year old and 13 year old? You have 3 right?

Oh, Gee!!
09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
good story

I. Hustle
09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I wish I could be a preteen daughter of B2B, it seems like a pretty good gig.

You just want to feel your pre teen boobies

http://bp0.blogger.com/_Y8tQ86LALRo/RoHC3NZ52KI/AAAAAAAAAEE/ULcUURt4crw/s320/IMG_1028.jpg

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 10:17 AM
DUDE wtf you have a 12 year old and 13 year old? You have 3 right?Yeah I got three. The girls (stepdaughters) are 12 and 13 and my boy is 2 and half.

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
I was so waiting for the "Bel Air" line at the end of the post.

Sure you didn't leave it out? :)

spurster
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Ha, that's funny. Plus it might help that instead of begin known as quiet and meek, she is quiet and ready to beat you up.

jcrod
09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Props to your daughter and ya'll for being cool about it.

marini martini
09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Apple don't fall too far from the tree!:tu

Glad some of your fairness & common sense rubbed off on her:toast

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd have grounded my daughter. I don't play.

I Love Me Some Me
09-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Who pisses their pants in middle school?

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 11:18 AM

Thats seems silly.

Who pisses their pants in middle school? No shit. Pretty scary thought. I don't know if she just had to go but didn't want to ask or she simply pulled a blue hair and accidently wet herself.

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Who pisses their pants in middle school?

It happens A LOT more than you think it would in middle school ... I heard several times last year about someone doing it from my daughter at her school. Maybe it's because they don't let these kids out of class every time they feel like it because then all of the little fuckers wouldn't be doing anything but loitering in the hall all day.

And I know they don't have a lot of time between classes to go. Who knows.

I think what she did was brilliant ... because middle school kids are brutal. I'm pretty sure that someone dear to my heart would have been pissed, though. :fro

thispego
09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
just a thought.. your daughter may want to think about looking for different friends.. you really think it's a good idea for her to be running around with kids who have "bladder control problems"? SHe'd be a weirdo by association.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 11:28 AM
just a thought.. your daughter may want to think about looking for different friends.. you really think it's a good idea for her to be running around with kids who have "bladder control problems"? SHe'd be a weirdo by association.
Good thing I raised these kids to give a shit more about themselves than what some retard preteen thinks of them. I hear what you're saying though. You are who you run with and no one wants to be associated with a grown bed wetter.

I Love Me Some Me
09-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Thing is, no one knows the kid has "bladder control problems" except for his daughter. Her heroic spilling of the Sprite made it look like she had soda all over her, and not urine.

thispego
09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Thing is, no one knows the kid has "bladder control problems" except for his daughter. Her heroic spilling of the Sprite made it look like she had soda all over her, and not urine.

lets hope this is a one time occurrence or else b2b's daughter is going to have to do some pretty quick thinking all year long.

on another note... I can't wait... in about 3 years or so b2b's daughter's are gonna be jailbait age and we'll have all sorts of fun with that!

desflood
09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that someone dear to my heart would have been pissed, though. :fro
Bad pun.

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Unintentional pun. Sorry.

smeagol
09-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Not controlling your blatter is definetly a cause for breaking a friendship

duncan228
09-03-2008, 12:08 PM
What a great story BacktoBasics. As most have said, props to you and your wife for raising a child who understands what's important. Taking a hit for a friend is a brave thing to do, especially at her age. As SpursWoman said middle school is brutal. Your daughter took a risk that may have made her look weird to her peers at a time when peer pressure is rampant and most kids want nothing more than to blend and not stand out. And it got her in trouble at school. But she did it for the right reason, to help a friend that was facing a horrifying situation. And it seems that she knew her parents would not only understand but they would help resolve it in a way that was comfortable for her.

Props to the whole family. It's a nice story, thanks for sharing it.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Woah dude, thats pretty awesome of your daughter. Damn the more I think about it the better it is. Your daughter now has street cred, the other girl didn't get shit from anyone, and your daughter gets time off from school.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Thats seems silly.

My kids know that teasing or picking on another person is WRONG. Period. My point is that there are consequences for one's actions. They know that doing the right thing is not always the popular thing to do. Just like my view is not.

Great story by the way. :tu

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
My kids know that teasing or picking on another person is WRONG. Period. My point is that there are consequences for one's actions. They know that doing the right thing is not always the popular thing to do. Just like my view is not.

It wasn't a real fight ... :wtf

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Thats seems silly

I'm confused on how this would be teasing and picking.

You said

So what exactly would you have grounded her for? Where was the teasing?

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm confused on how this would be teasing and picking.

You said

So what exactly would have grounded her for? Where was the teasing?

You've missed the point I was trying to make. Doing the right thing sometimes has it's consequences.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
It wasn't a real fight ... :wtfI think he's having a senior moment

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I think he's having a senior moment

It happens from time to time.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh and I really love how your girl added the "bitch" part; for dramatic effect only of course!! :tu

I. Hustle
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Personally if I was in the situation I would have just walked up and peed on her. That way they wouldn't be able to tell that she peed on herself and I would be forever known as the guy that pees on people.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
And my girls know that I frown on the "bitch" word. But I can understand it.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
You've missed the point I was trying to make. Doing the right thing sometimes has it's consequences.
yeah it did have a consequence she was suspended for stepping up and because of the situation she wasn't able to come forward and explain why she did it. Had she exposed the girl after the fact she probably wouldn't have been suspended but the girl would have probably been labeled for life if not through middle school and into HS. How could you possibly justify grounding someone for taking a hit for the team.

I get odd logic sometimes even irrational logic but if you would have grounded your child for lending a helping hand you're teaching them that next time its better to not do anything, just sit back and slowly watch the demise of friend. You're justifing allowing something bad to happen to someone for no good reason. Bad message.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Her saying "bitch" in public is pretty rare if not the first time I've ever heard it. They know right from wrong and I'm sure she just blurted it out in the spur of the moment. I'm not going to nitpic that kind of shit. There's a bigger picture here.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM

Yeah and lets see if your daughter ever did a good thing in the future if it fucked her like that in some way. Good thinking!

Leave the life coaching to B2B imo.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Her saying "bitch" in public is pretty rare if not the first time I've ever heard it. They know right from wrong and I'm sure she just blurted it out in the spur of the moment. I'm not going to nitpic that kind of shit. There's a bigger picture here.

Well I think it was a brilliant move on her part!! :)

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't think B2B daughter should be grounded.

At the most, I would sit down and discuss with her ways she could have accomplished helping her friend without getting herself suspended.

The girl's heart was in the right place and she is a quick thinker- two commendable qualities.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't think that teaching a 13 year old that the system will always find a way to fuck you at this point is a good idea. She's going to learn it on her own - we all do - why make her more jaded than nessecary?

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
yeah it did have a consequence she was suspended for stepping up and because of the situation she wasn't able to come forward and explain why she did it. Had she exposed the girl after the fact she probably wouldn't have been suspended but the girl would have probably been labeled for life if not through middle school and into HS. How could you possibly justify grounding someone for taking a hit for the team.

I get odd logic sometimes even irrational logic but if you would have grounded your child for lending a helping hand you're teaching them that next time its better to not do anything, just sit back and slowly watch the demise of friend. You're justifing allowing something bad to happen to someone for no good reason. Bad message.

I never said I was justifying it at all. I talk to my kids every day after school over dinner. Both of my daughter's pissed themselves at school and they are not scarred for life. Shit, err..piss happens. Standing up for what is right is what I teach them and they know where I stand. School suspension is not tolerated in my home.
I understand your view and I posted my remark to see what type of reaction I would get and I got it.
Now you can call me a flip-flopper because NO, I would not have grounded her at all.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
B2B should have given the other girls parents a bill imo.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I never said I was justifying it at all. I talk to my kids every day after school over dinner. Standing up for what is right is what I teach them and they know where I stand. School suspension is not tolerated in my home.
I understand your view and I posted my remark to see what type of reaction I would get and I got it.
Now you can call me a flip-flopper because NO, I would not have grounded her at all.

Wtf are you doing sharing this information? Edit your post please, for their sake.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Joe you really need to edit that.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
When my daughter was much younger (like 1st grade) she peed herself a couple of times at school. Then once they called to tell me to bring her clothes because she "fell into a puddle" and I of course thought "great she peed again". Nope, she was head to toe in mud, and I still gave her the 3rd degree about it! :lol

tlongII
09-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Joe's daughters are bed-wetters!

Dex
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
"If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay ... just to throw something out there to consider, from someone who has VAST experience with suspended children ... make sure that any work she misses can be made up. It's happened in the past that at *their* schools suspensions = unexcused absences, any missed work you have to take a "0" for. If that's the case, maybe y'all should go talk to the Principal for a little damage control ... it'd suck for her to start off the year with a bunch of bad grades.

Sorry, the responsible parent in me had to creep out there for a minute. :oops :lol

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I never said I was justifying it at all. I talk to my kids every day after school over dinner. Both of my daughter's pissed themselves at school and they are not scarred for life. Shit, err..piss happens. Standing up for what is right is what I teach them and they know where I stand. School suspension is not tolerated in my home.

Yeah im sure your kids well say yeah dad school was fun and blah blah blah OH and guess what they called me susie piss pants today it was awesome!!

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh and I really love how your girl added the "bitch" part; for dramatic effect only of course!! :tu

SHUT UP YOU BITCH!!! Oh dont worry that was only done for dramatic effect!!

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Just curious, what if they had told the office what happened, I dont think it would have gotten out. I wonder if they would have still suspended her if the truth was told?

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM

I don't know what kind of reaction you were trying to get from me. I posted my thoughts on your opinion and I didn't flame all over your ass like I would have with most people. I simply rationalized the situation in a way I thought you would understand because for the most part we see things in a similar way.

Suspension isn't tolerated in my house either. However I don't ground my kids often, this day and age there is media in every room of the house and being grounded just isn't the isolation it once was. Plus who really learned anything from sitting in their room staring at walls all day?

Had she actually fought with the gal I probably would have had her write a 20 page essay on something like teen violence or teen pregnancy and its reprocussions. Might have even sent her ass down to goodwill for those three days to serve food or stock food and clothing. As of right now...she's probably bored.

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Just curious, what if they had told the office what happened, I dont think it would have gotten out. I wonder if they would have still suspended her if the truth was told?

See ... that's what I was thinking. I don't think the school administrators are at liberty to discuss those kinds of things, but I could be wrong.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Just curious, what if they had told the office what happened, I dont think it would have gotten out. I wonder if they would have still suspended her if the truth was told?I wouldn't think so but who knows I'm sure they'd have the mentality that there is no way someone can have an outburst like that and not get in trouble. It would send the wrong message :rolleyes.

Then every teacher in every grade would be talking about it. People yap especially teachers with no lives and hatred for annoying youth.

IronMexican
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
how the fuck is mono a pats fan?

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Okay ... just to throw something out there to consider, from someone who has VAST experience with suspended children ... make sure that any work she misses can be made up. It's happened in the past that at *their* schools suspensions = unexcused absences, any missed work you have to take a "0" for. If that's the case, maybe y'all should go talk to the Principal for a little damage control ... it'd suck for her to start off the year with a bunch of bad grades.

Sorry, the responsible parent in me had to creep out there for a minute. :oops :lolNo 0's and they've never been suspended before. Her sister is bringing her work home for her. She will have one makeup test on Monday. At this point to the best of my knowledge her grades aren't at risk. Probably wouldn't have much of an effect anyway she's an A and B student.

Sunshine
09-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Do you actually use that kind of language with your 12 year old daughter?

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
See ... that's what I was thinking. I don't think the school administrators are at liberty to discuss those kinds of things, but I could be wrong.How many times have you told someone "don't say anything but..." You'd hope they could be adult enough but fuck it you simply can't trust anyone. I didn't see any value in going back and hashing it out. With her having never been in trouble they may have accused us of fabricating the story to save face like mentioned on page one. I probably would have melted and it wouldn't have gone well. My wife was probably smart to pick the path of least resistance because unlike these kids and her I'm pretty fucking confrontational if I believe something.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
SHUT UP YOU BITCH!!! Oh dont worry that was only done for dramatic effect!!

Bite me!

Dex
09-03-2008, 01:06 PM

Only when she's being a little b...

Nah, I just can't make that joke about an awesome 12 year old. :downspin:

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Everyone in the family uses bad language. She grew up in a family of poor mexicans. If it wasn't her Grandpa cursing it was her uncles or aunts. They've been around that kind of shit long before I was ever in the picture. Its probably why neither of them ever curse. Outside of this one time about 2 years ago the older one called her sister a shithead. So in 5 years I've heard foul language twice and once in person.

Do you not think these kids curse around each other when you're not around?

Dex
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Everyone in the family uses bad language. She grew up in a family of poor mexicans. If it wasn't her Grandpa cursing it was her uncles or aunts. They've been around that kind of shit long before I was ever in the picture. Its probably why neither of them ever curse. Outside of this one time about 2 years ago the older one called her sister a shithead. So in 5 years I've heard foul language twice and once in person.

I started cussing in first grade. I was a complete goody two-shoes until I moved to El Paso, and all the kids there cussed like it was going out of style.

Of course, my parents didn't really let me get away with it until I could drink, smoke, and drive....but they were usually pretty cool about it. Even they'd laugh if we dropped the occasional F-bomb, as long as it wasn't in anger or directed at them.

tp2021
09-03-2008, 01:11 PM
there's no reason to go in and expand the story because grown ass adults talk too. No doubt the story would have been public in no time. So everyone just decided to leave it alone.

Irony perhaps.
Great idea, though!

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Bite me!

lol aww come on that was for dramatic effect nothing more!!

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 01:14 PM

Shit ive been cussing since 3rd grade, but I still dont cuss around my parents. Im respectful like that.

Sunshine
09-03-2008, 01:16 PM

I guess I still just find it strange when parents cuss around kids. Maybe it's because the strongest thing I EVER heard come out of my dads mouth was "sombitch" and that was when he repeated a line from Smokey and the Bandit. My kids hear me cuss very rarely, and I'm not so naive as to think they don't cuss...well, I've heard my son say "what the hell..." (he's 14) but I don't think I've ever heard my daughter (11) cuss.

My biggest gripe (and this isn't directed at you, by any means) is when I hear parents saying "fuck this" and "shit that" around their kids, then blow a gasket the first time they hear their kid say the same thing. Kids live what they learn, for the most part.

But 1,000 kudos to your girl for doing what she did. She helped that little girl save face and probably made a friend for life. Most kids would have made fun, or gone and told all their friends after class and not done anything to help. And now she's got a rep at school...no one will mess with her :lol

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't know what kind of reaction you were trying to get from me. I posted my thoughts on your opinion and I didn't flame all over your ass like I would have with most people. I simply rationalized the situation in a way I thought you would understand because for the most part we see things in a similar way.

Suspension isn't tolerated in my house either. However I don't ground my kids often, this day and age there is media in every room of the house and being grounded just isn't the isolation it once was. Plus who really learned anything from sitting in their room staring at walls all day?

Had she actually fought with the gal I probably would have had her write a 20 page essay on something like teen violence or teen pregnancy and its reprocussions. Might have even sent her ass down to goodwill for those three days to serve food or stock food and clothing. As of right now...she's probably bored.

When I say grounded I mean no use of the PC, TV, Cell Phone, IPod, Friends coming over. I totally understand your point of view I was just playing devil's advocate. I'm almost always on your long winded point of view.

Coach, coach...don't make me come after you coach.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 01:19 PM

I'm a terrible potty mouth around my kids; they've heard everything. But I'm a grown up and I get to do that! :) I've made it clear to them that I don't approve of kids cursing and they are not allowed to. But I also know how they will talk when they with their friends, so I've told them if they get away with it whatever, but that it is disrespectful to use bad a language around any adults, so if they get caught, the consequences will not be fun!!

to21
09-03-2008, 01:21 PM
While I agree what your Daughter did was cool and sticking up for her friends (bottom line) is a good thing to do, she needs to ask herself if this person would do this for her.

'Cause now she has a "record" at school and next time she could get kicked out all together. I work in a school district and when they start talking about using a "weapon" in a fight, ur talking alternative school, then expulsion.

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
My daughter's first suspension was in kindergarten for flipping off her teacher. And no, she had no clue what it meant at the time, she'd just seen some other kids doing it at recess and thought she'd give it a go. :spin

Her kindergarten teacher was a bitch. :lol

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 01:51 PM
she needs to ask herself if this person would do this for her.

I find that mentality flawed because the answer should always be the default answer of NO. Never expect someone to rise above the below average mentality of modern society, you can typically only control what you can do and you only. Do it because you felt it was right not if you felt there would be some kind of reward or if you felt it would have been reciprocated if the roles were reversed.

The kids aren't trouble makers. I'm not concerned about expulsion and if it was an issue we'd simply use another family address and move on to the next school. As it stands right now we're moving in 5 months and the kids are going to be attending schools in a completely different city anyhow. I'm not making light of your point though. Neither of these kids have been in trouble ever...sans a few minor dress code infractions which I think is bullshit anyway.

Sunshine
09-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Neither of these kids have been in trouble ever...sans a few minor dress code infractions which I think is bullshit anyway.

Don't even get me started on dress code infractions. My daughter came home on the third day of school and said that she couldn't wear her "layered look" t-shirts anymore because it looks like your "undergarments" are showing. WTF?? It's bad enough they can only wear shirts/dresses with collars, but the layered look shirts are off limits? Give me a break. And what pisses me off is that the teachers aren't held to the same dress code standards. They can wear open toe shoes/flip flops and non-collared shirts.

Yesterday when fatsack picked her up from school, he asked her teacher where her collared shirt was.

mrsmaalox
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Yesterday when fatsack picked her up from school, he asked her teacher where her collared shirt was.

:tu :lmao

jcrod
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I guess I still just find it strange when parents cuss around kids. Maybe it's because the strongest thing I EVER heard come out of my dads mouth was "sombitch" and that was when he repeated a line from Smokey and the Bandit. My kids hear me cuss very rarely, and I'm not so naive as to think they don't cuss...well, I've heard my son say "what the hell..." (he's 14) but I don't think I've ever heard my daughter (11) cuss.

My biggest gripe (and this isn't directed at you, by any means) is when I hear parents saying "fuck this" and "shit that" around their kids, then blow a gasket the first time they hear their kid say the same thing. Kids live what they learn, for the most part.

But 1,000 kudos to your girl for doing what she did. She helped that little girl save face and probably made a friend for life. Most kids would have made fun, or gone and told all their friends after class and not done anything to help. And now she's got a rep at school...no one will mess with her :lol

Cussing in front of your kids is not the problem, unless you do it constantly. When I would say shit, then look at my daughter (2nd grade at the time) and say don't say that. She would respond, I know, but i hear it all day at school so you don't have to watch what you say.

Point is, it takes more than cussing in front of your kids to teach them manners and wrong from right.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Jeans and t-shirts is all I wore during my HS days. Then again my jeans weren't hanging around my knees.
My youngest wears uniforms but my oldest did tell us she couldn't wear T-shirts anymore unless they had a school emblem on them. Doesn't bother her at all.

to21
09-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I find that mentality flawed because the answer should always be the default answer of NO. Never expect someone to rise above the below average mentality of modern society, you can typically only control what you can do and you only. Do it because you felt it was right not if you felt there would be some kind of reward or if you felt it would have been reciprocated if the roles were reversed.

The kids aren't trouble makers. I'm not concerned about expulsion and if it was an issue we'd simply use another family address and move on to the next school. As it stands right now we're moving in 5 months and the kids are going to be attending schools in a completely different city anyhow. I'm not making light of your point though. Neither of these kids have been in trouble ever...sans a few minor dress code infractions which I think is bullshit anyway.Good point, I hear what ur saying.

BTW, moving to another school won't fix the matter. San Antonio and surrounding (I think u said you guys live in CC, there too) public schools use Region 20 for student records and data, her record follows her.

And yes I am mentally flawed.

EDIT: Corpus Christi ISD is Region 2.

jcrod
09-03-2008, 02:08 PM

Well said.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Good point, I hear what ur saying.

BTW, moving to another school won't fix the matter. San Antonio and surrounding (I think u said you guys live in CC, there too) public schools use Region 20 for student records and data, her record follows her.

And yes I am mentally flawed.Being suspended once in middle school is not likely to have an impact on her well being at a HS in the small town of Mathis POP 5k or an even smaller POP town of CalAllen which is where we prefer her to attend.

It might I'm not an expert but the fact of the matter is she doesn't get into trouble and never has. If she beats all odds and gets expelled from all Texas schools she can go to private school or better yet she can home school. Public education is probably the most overrated thing in all of America its nearly useless it just happens to be the normal ladder for a means to an end.

Sunshine
09-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Jeans and t-shirts is all I wore during my HS days. Then again my jeans weren't hanging around my knees.
My youngest wears uniforms but my oldest did tell us she couldn't wear T-shirts anymore unless they had a school emblem on them. Doesn't bother her at all.

I don't have an issue with uniforms, heck, I'd rather them just break down and implement a uniform rather than a dress code that dictates "collared, three buttom polo-styled shirts" "Shirt without buttons are acceptable as long as they have a collar and the opening at the chest is modest" "blouses that button all the way are acceptable as long as the shirt isn't tight fitting and the buttons aren't pulling and only one button at the top can be unbuttoned" "T-shirts are not allowed unless they are school issued spirit shirts or t-shirts with a Christian message" (yes, she goes to a Christian school).

It just really got me when she came home and said that the shirts that look like they have another shirt under them are no longer allowed b/c it looks like your undergarments are showing.

This is the exact shirt she was wearing when she was given a dress code infraction:

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/361528_Aquarium?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

I can cut away the attached cami from underneath and it will be fine.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't have an issue with uniforms, heck, I'd rather them just break down and implement a uniform rather than a dress code that dictates "collared, three buttom polo-styled shirts" "Shirt without buttons are acceptable as long as they have a collar and the opening at the chest is modest" "blouses that button all the way are acceptable as long as the shirt isn't tight fitting and the buttons aren't pulling and only one button at the top can be unbuttoned" "T-shirts are not allowed unless they are school issued spirit shirts or t-shirts with a Christian message" (yes, she goes to a Christian school).

It just really got me when she came home and said that the shirts that look like they have another shirt under them are no longer allowed b/c it looks like your undergarments are showing.

This is the exact shirt she was wearing when she was given a dress code infraction:

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/361528_Aquarium?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

When they started implementing this "code" mentality a few years back I knew it would turn into this objective opinion garbage. Its fucking stupid and complete waste of energy.

I'm sure all this effort has kept the hardcore gangs out.

Heath Ledger
09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.....

Sunshine
09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
When they started implementing this "code" mentality a few years back I knew it would turn into this objective opinion garbage. Its fucking stupid and complete waste of energy.

Little do they know my daughter is secretly the head of an underground organization called the "Bible Bangers".

to21
09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Being suspended once in middle school is not likely to have an impact on her well being at a HS in the small town of Mathis POP 5k or an even smaller POP town of CalAllen which is where we prefer her to attend.

It might I'm not an expert but the fact of the matter is she doesn't get into trouble and never has. If she beats all odds and gets expelled from all Texas schools she can go to private school or better yet she can home school. Public education is probably the most overrated thing in all of America its nearly useless it just happens to be the normal ladder for a means to an end.In that case, there's no issue......good luck to her.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 02:57 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.....quit bitching and post some.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Little do they know my daughter is secretly the head of an underground organization called the "Bible Bangers".

TRAINING. TO. WIN.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Ulfgar08/Religion.jpg

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 03:30 PM

I concur but today's youth have brought this on themselves. No?

td4mvp21
09-03-2008, 03:30 PM
:lmao That is a pretty cool story.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM

My daughter has shirts just like those.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM

QFT.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2008, 03:41 PM

Really?

Really?

Sombitch.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Wait, a Sprite can/bottle is considered a weapon?

Christ.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I concur but today's youth have brought this on themselves. No?I don't really know. On one hand I see the need to eliminate the signature clothing (usually sports affiliated) teens wear to show their loyalty to a certain gang but on the other hand its not something we didn't contend with when I was a youth. LA Kings hats. Raiders hats and so forth. Most people steered clear of those guys and with good reason. Is the clothing you wear really a threat? Wouldn't we rather be able to easily identify the said gang members so we could nail them for simple and highly likely infractions and just rid ourselves completely of them? Seems like it would be easier to weed them out if they were openly labeled, then yeah they would have brought it on themselves.

Otherwise the whole "its a distraction" line of bullshit is just that. I'm not an advocate for baggy pants around the ass because it looks retarded. I just don't think it ruins the education system. I can understand implementing a policy where you can't show your underwear...boxers and so forth even though it seems we've evolved boxers from undergarments into normal everyday attire. I just don't see why big colorful hair and a certain style of dress has to be completely eliminated for distraction reasons. The only people distracted are the teachers and admins who think the style is stupid or ridiculous and thats not anything new to any generation. They're distracted not the students. These kids wanna look like fools then let them. Who cares. I don't consider it a safety issue and I don't consider it a distraction.

Anything can be turned into a gang sign. Its just going to evolve into a certain way of lacing up your shoes or a particular style of tucked shirt. Its not going to eliminate anything.

I guess I don't totally understand how they brought this upon themselves or why they even bother.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Wait, a Sprite can/bottle is considered a weapon?

Christ.yeah I'm to understand that if she had not actually thrown the can there would have been ISS and no suspension. The "weapon" is what warranted the suspension not so much the entire action.

Ginobilly
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Big props to your girl B2B. Middle School is always harsh. I remember when I was in middle school the kids used to call me "Kevin Arnold" because I was pale white and had a dark brown jewfro.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I concur but today's youth have brought this on themselves. No?I'm also waiting for your opinion on the dress code along with everyone else's.

I. Hustle
09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
I once spilled sprite on myself and was so embarrased that I asked this girl to pee on me.

Kermit
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Your daughter's a pimp. Now hopefully no one from her school posts on or reads this forum, lest all her efforts be in vain.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't really know. On one hand I see the need to eliminate the signature clothing (usually sports affiliated) teens wear to show their loyalty to a certain gang but on the other hand its not something we didn't contend with when I was a youth. LA Kings hats. Raiders hats and so forth. Most people steered clear of those guys and with good reason. Is the clothing you wear really a threat? Wouldn't we rather be able to easily identify the said gang members so we could nail them for simple and highly likely infractions and just rid ourselves completely of them? Seems like it would be easier to weed them out if they were openly labeled, then yeah they would have brought it on themselves.

Otherwise the whole "its a distraction" line of bullshit is just that. I'm not an advocate for baggy pants around the ass because it looks retarded. I just don't think it ruins the education system. I can understand implementing a policy where you can't show your underwear...boxers and so forth even though it seems we've evolved boxers from undergarments into normal everyday attire. I just don't see why big colorful hair and a certain style of dress has to be completely eliminated for distraction reasons. The only people distracted are the teachers and admins who think the style is stupid or ridiculous and thats not anything new to any generation. They're distracted not the students. These kids wanna look like fools then let them. Who cares. I don't consider it a safety issue and I don't consider it a distraction.

Anything can be turned into a gang sign. Its just going to evolve into a certain way of lacing up your shoes or a particular style of tucked shirt. Its not going to eliminate anything.

I guess I don't totally understand how they brought this upon themselves or why they even bother.

I miss the simple days when there wasn't all this attention paid to what someone wears. Back in my day we didn't have the American Eagle, or Hollister or Aeropostle and all this name brand crap going around. Levi's were the norm and we all got along without all this status symbol shit and baseball cap was just that...a baseball cap and we wore them straight on our head and took the damn tags off and didn't wear them cock-eyed and we respected out teachers and others and of course we had our bad apples but they were few and far between.
Perhaps some of the blame should be on the parents who gave their kids this whole "entitlement" attitude?
Back in my day the cheerleader unforms were a distraction to me with those tight shorts and those nice smooth legs....never mind.
But I am from a different generation trying to Roll with the Changes and I believe I am a parent first and a friend second.

I. Hustle
09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Haters wanna hate
Lovers wanna love
I don't want
none of the above

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
So you have a problem with the status associated with designer clothing? I'm pretty sure that in of itself shouldn't be justification for a tight dress code. Should it? and why?

I'm also not sure why being a parent first is even a part of the convo...why did you feel the need to toss that in there?

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
So you have a problem with the status associated with designer clothing? I'm pretty sure that in of itself shouldn't be justification for a tight dress code. Should it? and why?

I'm also not sure why being a parent first is even a part of the convo...why did you feel the need to toss that in there?

Yes I do. I was just posting my thoughts but I don't think it should be a reason for a dress code. In my day the dress code was very simple and parents didn't even have to ask. It was common sense.
And I threw that last remark in there because I'm JoeChalupa and that's what I do sometimes. I roll with my mind flow it that makes any sense.

When it comes do designer clothes I'm cheap.

jack sommerset
09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
You're daughter sounds smart. What if she is really smart and lied to you about everything so she would not get into more trouble. I'm sure you trust her but you probably should investigate this a little more. 3 days suspensions plus the rep as a crazed freak to her teachers and classmates is not a good thing. Might sound good now but unless you plan on moving you might want to fix the record if she is telling the truth.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes I do. I was just posting my thoughts but I don't think it should be a reason for a dress code. In my day the dress code was very simple and parents didn't even have to ask. It was common sense.
And I threw that last remark in there because I'm JoeChalupa and that's what I do sometimes. I roll with my mind flow it that makes any sense.

When it comes do designer clothes I'm cheap.
So going back to what you said "don't you think they brought it on themselves".

I'm still confused as to what that meant.

SpursWoman
09-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I miss the simple days when there wasn't all this attention paid to what someone wears. Back in my day we didn't have the American Eagle, or Hollister or Aeropostle and all this name brand crap going around.

Don't be so quick to judge these places! :lol

When we went shopping, Aripostale was selling their polo-type girls shirts for $9.99, and the boys' were like 50% off, or around $16.00. American Eagle was about the same. Those were actually the cheapest, cutest shirts we could find to stay within the dress code perimeters ... and that's what they are alllll wearing at school. :rolleyes :lol

And Levi's are "name-brand crap." :lol

Fuck Hollister, though. I hate that store. :lol

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 04:41 PM
So going back to what you said "don't you think they brought it on themselves".

I'm still confused as to what that meant.

The point I was trying to make, and apparently I'm not very good at it, is that if kids would just dress appropriately [nerdy as some would say] there would be no need for such strict dress codes. I understand the whole "express myself" and wanting to have your own identity thing.

And it isn't so much the price of the clothing as it is the look and I've never considered Levi's designer clothing but that is just me. I get the "name brand" of Levi's so that was my bad. I just never was one to be with the "in" crowd I guess. I wore combat boots and was goth before goth was a look.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
You're daughter sounds smart. What if she is really smart and lied to you about everything so she would not get into more trouble. I'm sure you trust her but you probably should investigate this a little more. 3 days suspensions plus the rep as a crazed freak to her teachers and classmates is not a good thing. Might sound good now but unless you plan on moving you might want to fix the record if she is telling the truth.I could have sworn this was addressed earlier in the thread but now I can't find it.

In any event I don't care. She's never been one to lie and if she did props to her for being creative and covering her ass. I did the same thing when I was a kid. Got busted fighting and while we waited for the VP I preped the kid and told him to stick to the story that we were just horsing around the teacher simply overreacted. It kept me out of trouble.

I know the kid well and she's pretty passive I'd venture to say she's telling me the truth and both girls sat on the phone and chatted a good 2 hours last night. You don't do that with someone you just got into a fight with. Part of being parent is being close to your kids and learning their behavior so you can parent appropriately. She has a predictable personality and I'm comfortable believing her story....I usually can tell when she's stretching the truth IE "I'm sick can I stay home" or "yeah I did my chores" so on and so forth.

However anythings possible.

I'm not interested in fixing her record. She wants to do well and tries hard with school and I can honestly say she gives a shit about her herself and where she's going. Having a record and being concerned about it being an issue later will probably keep her in check and keep her mind fresh and aware that a wrong move down the road might have bigger consequences.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 04:46 PM
The point I was trying to make, and apparently I'm not very good at it, is that if kids would just dress appropriately [nerdy as some would say] there would be no need for such strict dress codes. I understand the whole "express myself" and wanting to have your own identity thing.

And it isn't so much the price of the clothing as it is the look and I've never considered Levi's designer clothing but that is just me. I get the "name brand" of Levi's so that was my bad. I just never was one to be with the "in" crowd I guess. I wore combat boots and was goth before goth was a look.
Right so your pregoth goth look would at this point be banned. Even though you and I know you seemingly dressed appropriately. It was you being you. So for some, baggy pants and stupid hair, is somewhat normal these days its just them being them....only different.

A teacher could have easily said your boots and dark look was a distraction.

CuckingFunt
09-03-2008, 04:54 PM

Definitely agree with the second paragraph. If you find that behavior to be unacceptable, you should also exhibit some self-restraint.

I come from a loud Sicilian family, though, and no one has ever held back with cursing. My 80-something great-grandmother used to curse a blue streak when she was baking. In English and Italian. If I said anything in front of my mom when I was really young, I'd get a warning about appropriate language, but once I turned 13 she didn't care anymore. Figured a few bad words was the least of her concerns with a teenager. Well... as long as it wasn't directed at her. I could say "I burned my fucking hand," but I couldn't say "fuck you, Mom" without getting slapped.

My friends at the time, most of whom were Black, thought it was just crazy that I would curse in front of my mother and assumed it was something that all psycho little white kids did.

jack sommerset
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I could have sworn this was addressed earlier in the thread but now I can't find it.

In any event I don't care. She's never been one to lie and if she did props to her for being creative and covering her ass. I did the same thing when I was a kid. Got busted fighting and while we waited for the VP I preped the kid and told him to stick to the story that we were just horsing around the teacher simply overreacted. It kept me out of trouble.

I know the kid well and she's pretty passive I'd venture to say she's telling me the truth and both girls sat on the phone and chatted a good 2 hours last night. You don't do that with someone you just got into a fight with. Part of being parent is being close to your kids and learning their behavior so you can parent appropriately. She has a predictable personality and I'm comfortable believing her story....I usually can tell when she's stretching the truth IE "I'm sick can I stay home" or "yeah I did my chores" so on and so forth.

However anythings possible.

I'm not interested in fixing her record. She wants to do well and tries hard with school and I can honestly say she gives a shit about her herself and where she's going. Having a record and being concerned about it being an issue later will probably keep her in check and keep her mind fresh and aware that a wrong move down the road might have bigger consequences.

I had a step sister once who was creative in her storys. Thats why I even bring it up. My step dad at the time should have fixed things years ago when she was around 12-13. She turned out be a liar, low class slut. Everyone else in that family made something out of there life except her. I say this because she had the same oppurtunity as all of us kids. She choose to cheat her way through life. She had some good storys.

She has like 5 kids, lives in a trailor and divorce. I think she is 25-26 now. Thats a pretty bad case but I have a 5 year old and I will do my best to make sure she is telling me the truth especially if she gets suspended from school. Thats a pretty big deaal

I have no clue about you're daughter or you as a dad. I am not judging.Thought I would add my 2 cents from something I witnessed.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Definitely agree with the second paragraph. If you find that behavior to be unacceptable, you should also exhibit some self-restraint.

I come from a loud Sicilian family, though, and no one has ever held back with cursing. My 80-something great-grandmother used to curse a blue streak when she was baking. In English and Italian. If I said anything in front of my mom when I was really young, I'd get a warning about appropriate language, but once I turned 13 she didn't care anymore. Figured a few bad words was the least of her concerns with a teenager. Well... as long as it wasn't directed at her. I could say "I burned my fucking hand," but I couldn't say "fuck you, Mom" without getting slapped.

My friends at the time, most of whom were Black, thought it was just crazy that I would curse in front of my mother and assumed it was something that all psycho little white kids did.How did your Italian family feel about you befriending black kids?

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Right so your pregoth goth look would at this point be banned. Even though you and I know you seemingly dressed appropriately. It was you being you. So for some, baggy pants and stupid hair, is somewhat normal these days its just them being them....only different.

A teacher could have easily said your boots and dark look was a distraction.

True but goth in my day didn't look like the goth of today. No black makeup or earings or nose rings or spiked hair. I was a model student and if anything was a distraction it was boyish young always tanned athletichispanic good looks...that have faded over the years.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I had a step sister once who was creative in her storys. Thats why I even bring it up. My step dad at the time should have fixed things years ago when she was around 12-13. She turned out be a liar, low class slut. Everyone else in that family made something out of there life except her. I say this because she had the same oppurtunity as all of us kids. She choose to cheat her way through life. She had some good storys.

She has like 5 kids, lives in a trailor and divorce. I think she is 25-26 now. Thats a pretty bad case but I have a 5 year old and I will do my best to make sure she is telling me the truth especially if she gets suspended from school. Thats a pretty big deaal

I have no clue about you're daughter or you as a dad. I am not judging.Thought I would add my 2 cents from something I witnessed.Your .02 is appreciated. The thought crossed my mind because of my own personal history. Usually when someone takes on a role or a direction that might lead to them being some kind of compulsive liar or piece of trash for the lack of a better term you hope you can pick up the signs. I'm always looking. I just don't see it with this kid...not yet at least. Hopefully never. What happened is a shock because of the entire scope of the situation but I'm not suprised that she stepped up because I expect that out of her. She's the one of the two girls that would go an extra mile for a friend, hell probably even any peer.

The older one probably would have laughed and gossiped...she's definately different.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
True but goth in my day didn't look like the goth of today. No black makeup or earings or nose rings or spiked hair. I was a model student and if anything was a distraction it was boyish young always tanned athletichispanic good looks...that have faded over the years.Greaser were trash back in the day now they are considered NASCAR prospects. You have to allow change and growth even if the direction doesn't fall perfectly in line with how you precieved things growing up. The ability to work change into everyday life is where people truely become successful. Adapt and overcome. To simply stiffle something because its convienent is counter productive in my opinion.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Greaser were trash back in the day now they are considered NASCAR prospects. You have to allow change and growth even if the direction doesn't fall perfectly in line with how you precieved things growing up. The ability to work change into everyday life is where people truely become successful. Adapt and overcome. To simply stiffle something because its convienent is counter productive in my opinion.

I was called a greaser back in my day too but it wasn't due to my love of cars. I understand what you are saying but I also still believe in old fashioned values despite of my being a progressive liberal in a political point of view....CHANGE is a good thing!! But I'll leave that to the political forum. But I also don't think all change is good. I tend to roll with the punches during my life since I didn't have a cell phone, PC or play station growing up and spend more time outside just being a kid than most kids do today.
I also tend to ramble go off and drift into other areas and don't always stick to the talking points.
And I did have to adjust and adapt since I knew no English at all when I started school and was the only minority for miles in our county so I know how to adapt my friend.
Maybe I'm just an old dog trying to learn new tricks.

CuckingFunt
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
How did your Italian family feel about you befriending black kids?

Befriending? They didn't care. Dating, on the other hand, was... less than appreciated. And it eventually died down as I got older. The guy I was with when my grandmother passed was Black and, even though she probably would have preferred I settle down with a nice Sicilian boy (in fact went so far as to try and fix me up with White guys when my boyfriend and I were first dating), she liked him as a person.

That was just the further removed family, though -- grandparents (Italian, Irish, and Swedish), a couple aunts, cousins, etc. -- and I grew up with the knowledge that those attitudes were ignorant, so I never really let it bother me. Both of my parents are super liberal types who raised me to believe that people are just people regardless their race, religion, age, sexuality, height, weight, and on and on.

T Park
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Daughter is a hell of a person, and I don't see why she should break up the friendship.

SequSpur
09-03-2008, 06:06 PM
well, if you want your kid to ever be selected for anything, you need to go up there and clear the record.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
This may have been brought up or pointed out before in this thread, but why didn't your daughter just tell the Principle the truth? That she did all that because her friend pissed herself.

That she was just helping her out so she wouldn't be embarrassed.

Shelly
09-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't be so quick to judge these places! :lol

When we went shopping, Aripostale was selling their polo-type girls shirts for $9.99, and the boys' were like 50% off, or around $16.00. American Eagle was about the same. Those were actually the cheapest, cutest shirts we could find to stay within the dress code perimeters ... and that's what they are alllll wearing at school. :rolleyes :lol

And Levi's are "name-brand crap." :lol

Fuck Hollister, though. I hate that store. :lol

And must they and A&F constantly spray their perfume and/or cologne. I get a headache just walking by those stores.

Shelly
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Speaking of dress codes..

I don't mind if they have to wear uniforms, but my kids aren't in schools that require it. What I don't get is my son's Middle School not allowing them to wear shorts. It's totally ridiculous.

However, O'Connor says they aren't allowed to wear shorts, but they let them anyway.

E20
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Or she could have "accidentally" spilled the Sprite on her friend,

Yeah.

But the daughter had the nuts to do something for her friend.

Ginofan
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Speaking of dress codes..

I don't mind if they have to wear uniforms, but my kids aren't in schools that require it. What I don't get is my son's Middle School not allowing them to wear shorts. It's totally ridiculous.

However, O'Connor says they aren't allowed to wear shorts, but they let them anyway.

The "no shorts" rule first came into affect when I was in middle school. It was hard to understand at first because it's so damn hot here, but I think it was more to enforce on the girls than guys. I remember so many girls in my class trying to dress like hookers with super short shorts, it was disgusting.

Sunshine
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Really?

Really?

Sombitch.

Yep. And the white fabric peeking thru the neckline and at the bottom is considered her undergarments showing.

Sombitches.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Yep. And the white fabric peeking thru the neckline and at the bottom is considered her undergarments showing.

Sombitches.

Oh the humanity!

Clandestino
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
why couldnt the daughter just given the sprite to her friend and tell her to "accidentally" spill it on yourself.... not sure if someone already said that.

i'd pissed if my kid got suspended bc HIS FRIEND pissed himself!

MaNuMaNiAc
09-03-2008, 08:42 PM
All I can say is nice job raising that kid. She's got the right priorities.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Great kids make great parents.

ShoogarBear
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Or she could have "accidentally" spilled the Sprite on her friend,

Nah, when it's a B2B kid a rant out of nowhere is much more belivable.

2Blonde
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Nah, when it's a B2B kid a rant out of nowhere is much more belivable.

:lol How true.

Sapphire
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I got one of those sappy e-mails a couple of years ago, and the story was almost the same, except the girl just pretended to bump in to the kid who peed, and she took a bunch of grief for being really clumsy. They were BFF's forever more.

I guess this happens a lot?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
When I was a kid(28), I pissed myself in a stuck elevator. Ah, the memories of my youth.

marini martini
09-03-2008, 11:29 PM

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 08:17 AM
well, if you want your kid to ever be selected for anything, you need to go up there and clear the record.
Selected for what? A suspension doesn't make you ineligible for anything.

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 08:19 AM
This may have been brought up or pointed out before in this thread, but why didn't your daughter just tell the Principle the truth? That she did all that because her friend pissed herself.

That she was just helping her out so she wouldn't be embarrassed.Because adults talk just like kids do if not worse. What is done was done and it didn't make any sense to me to go back and mess with a situation that seemingly worked out.

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Nah, when it's a B2B kid a rant out of nowhere is much more belivable.Maybe with the older one she's got a big mouth but not this kid. She's pretty passive. Believe it or not I don't teach the kids to blow up like I do.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
:tu

Props to the daughter of B2B.

Mark in Austin
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
A for the idea
B for the execution

:tu for having the guts to take one for her friend.

+1

Brutalis
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I haven't read the thread but I hope you don't cuss to your kids like that.

lefty
09-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Your daughter is gonna be someone special

2Blonde
09-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Props to the daughter of B2B.

Your daughter is gonna be someone special

Agreed!!

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:51 AM
when her boyfriend pops her cherry on the bed and she fakes like she's a self cutter to cover, you'll be singing a different tune...

Jekka
09-05-2008, 01:58 AM
when her boyfriend pops her cherry on the bed and she fakes like she's a self cutter to cover, you'll be singing a different tune...

Boo :td

BacktoBasics
09-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I haven't read the thread but I hope you don't cuss to your kids like that.
I do.

Sticks and Stones