PDA

View Full Version : Manu Answers Questions from his Forum (Translation)

urunobili
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
www.manuginobili.com

Gonzaspurs
- How is your relationship with the Spurs, the FO, the coach after the Olympics?

It is going very well so far. I have been talking with Pop a lot and it’s everything set. We will see further ahead how it develops.

Cc
- Now a question about home; do you squeeze the toothpaste tube in the middle? Do you leave your clothes on the floor after you take your showers?

I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle a couple of days and then from the bottom, with my wife we have different toothpastes. I leave my clothing in the floor in the bathroom and yes… it gives me some trouble

AGU
- In the previous Olympics there was an award for the MVP but not on this one? Why?

There used to be no distinctions in the Olympics but after Athens the international media voted for MVP and starting 5, this year they didn’t do it again. It seems I had great timing on that aspect.

- A personal question; did you keep the t-shirt I gave you in Madrid or it was lost with the bags?

The T-Shirt is there! It appeared in one of the bags that were lost temporarily.

juli_millo
- What is your opinion about the referees on the Games? I still remember how Sconochini was fouled in the 2002 final against Yugoslavia

It wasn’t bad… undoubtedly for us better than in 2002. nothing to complain

Romy_013
- What was the most notorious thing for you about the games in Beijing?

The stadiums were a masterpiece. The Olympic Village was also much better than the one in Athens

nicovala_05
- How is living in the Olympic Village; what important athletes were you able to meer? Which one you would have liked to, is it true that an Argentine was with Isinbayeva?

The experience on the Village is unique and incomparable. One of the main reasons why I wanted to be there. You live very differently from any other championship. I love it. I am not very trendy so I hung around with all the argentine athletes and not much. No idea if the Argentine hooked up with Isinbayeba.

ge
- Do you see the messages we leave you the less frequent posters or it’s in vain to do it there?

In vain… I get very very very much of those and I have stopped reading them for a while now. That’s why I am doing this more often so you can ask and comment on here.

gus42
- Manu I love seeing play in the NBA… but seeing you with the white and blue is deeply emotional. What things make you think to keep playing with it and what makes you feel you should leave it?

I enjoy playing with the NT and most of all with the guys on the team. An Olympic game is truly unique. What makes you think leaving it is your body that every times feels it more and more family and friends.

maisonna
- We saw Argentina do a great defense throughout the tournament. Was the offense a little weaker than previous tournaments?

In my opinion we did not defend as good as we can. One always emphasizes on Defense, it goes beyond you can provide in offense.

Sid Chirolettez
- About the food in the games; were the meals normal? Or there were weird typical Chinese dishes? Did you try something weird?

The food was good, there was a Mediterranean sector, another one international, another one Asian and other for salads and that kind of stuff. Ididn;t eat anything weird in China. Many and her mom ate scorpion and my mother and father ate snake (they found that it was that later)

florencia_arg
- What is your favorite color?

Fucsia (light Purple/Pink)

- What size of T-Shirt do you wear?

XLT.

Francisco
- With What NBA player would you like to Play?

Scola or Nocioni

Jokinen
- Are you in touch with Walter Hermann? Do you think he may come back to the NT?

I am not in touch with Walter very often; we talk when we face each other, but I don’t think he’ll be back with the NT. I’ll ask him if I get the chance maybe he is feeling like doing it again.

- Three positive and negative things about playing these Olympics

There are 100000 positive and zero negative… bah! Maybe this situation overall it’s a little unfortunate, but I think it would have been the same if I didn’t play.

Fernando
- Apart from the press, you can tell the fans love you there in San Antonio… how do you think that you will be received after your injury?

With lots of affection as they have always done. I have no doubts. If they don’t do it I’ll do the impossible to get that back once I get back to the court.

luquita500
- How do you see the Spurs for this season, almost all player movement is done.

I answered this before. I think we have the same chances as every year, therefore, very good ones.

otoño
- How old would you like to be when you retire from playing Basketball and enjoy with family all what you have won?

Tough to answer, if I have to pick a date I would say that I’d like to finish at 36… but who knows…. It depends on many things…

guadalupe
- Is it true that you are writing your auto biography?
No, I am not writing it but maybe one day I will. There is time

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the translation. :)

Too bad I missed the question submission deadline though.

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Cc
- Now a question about home; do you squeeze the toothpaste tube in the middle? Do you leave your clothes on the floor after you take your showers?

I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle a couple of days and then from the bottom, with my wife we have different toothpastes.

:lol I have always thought that better than fighting over toothpaste would be two just by two tubes of it.
Good thinking, MG. :tu

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Sid Chirolettez
- About the food in the games; were the meals normal? Or there were weird typical Chinese dishes? Did you try something weird?

The food was good, there was a Mediterranean sector, another one international, another one Asian and other for salads and that kind of stuff. Ididn;t eat anything weird in China. Many and her mom ate scorpion and my mother and father ate snake (they found that it was that later)

Oh wow! :lol

florencia_arg

:lol That I would not have guessed.

Fernando
- Apart from the press, you can tell the fans love you there in San Antonio… how do you think that you will be received after your injury?

With lots of affection as they have always done. I have no doubts. If they don’t do it I’ll do the impossible to get that back once I get back to the court

awww! I <3 Manu!

tp2021
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
otoño
- How old would you like to be when you retire from playing Basketball and enjoy with family all what you have won?

Tough to answer, if I have to pick a date I would say that I’d like to finish at 26… but who knows…. It depends on many things…

wat

angel_luv
09-03-2008, 01:01 PM
wat

Did he mean 36?

tp2021
09-03-2008, 01:04 PM
He must, because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Phenomanul
09-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Good read... :tu

Scola thread!!!! :stirpot: :bang

timvp
09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
florencia_arg

He arrived in San Antonio a few years too late.

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/7/78/SASpursLogo1990-2002.gif

Either that or he's a Laker fan. :depressed

Francisco
- With What NBA player would you like to Play?

Scola

:bang

urunobili
09-03-2008, 01:38 PM
wat

Fixed he said 36

urunobili
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
He arrived in San Antonio a few years too late.

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/7/78/SASpursLogo1990-2002.gif

That is exactly the color he refers to :)

1Parker1
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
:lol Who would have guessed his fav color is Fuscia?

DPG21920
09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
www.manuginobili.com
Fernando

With lots of affection as they have always done. I have no doubts. If they don’t do it I’ll do the impossible to get that back once I get back to the court.

This is by far my favorite part. Thank you very much for the translation.

greens
09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for posting!

I like this answer from Manu, especially:

Julia
-Do you see yourself retiring as a Spur? I think you have done so much for the whole organization. And it would be amazing to see that happen. How many years do you think you might want to keep playing basketball? (I hope for many more!)

-I´d love to retire as a Spur, I really don´t imagine myself playing with another jersey but who knows… If It was for me, the silver and black would be my last colors next to the "celeste y blanco". I´ll play basketball as long as i´m healthy and enjoying the game as I do now. Time will tell.

Phenomanul
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
And then there's this one...

carina_ginomania
I saw the WOAI video of your arrival in SA. You looked surprised to see Pop. What did you guys talk about during the ride trip back home?
About lots of things. It was a 25’ ride so there was plenty of time for different topics. From the Olympics, to the team, to a bit of everything… cool as always.

Are there any updates on your injury? What you need to do, and how long the rehab will take... Anyway, I pray that whatever step you have to take for it to heal, it will be successful and you will be healthy in no time.
I guess it was in the news enough. Arthoscopy this next week and the rehab times are uncertain, yet. Thanks a lot.

I saw Many amongst the Argentine fans watching the games. Did your parents and brothers go to Beijing, too?
My brothers couldn’t go, but my parents were there enjoying everything.

I sent you a bunch of ambigrams (one of them was manu&many) and sketches a month ago. Have you seen them yet?
Yes I did. I wasn’t surprised since I saw a couple from you before, but Many loved it.

Phenomanul
09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Interesting..... Especially his response to the last question...

WALY
¿Notás alguna diferencia entre la pelota FIBA y la de la NBA? Los jugadores NBA de USA antes se quejaban por la pelota y ahora como ganaron parece que estaba perfecta.
No me gustó la pelota. No es excusa de nada, pero la que usamos en la NBA o hasta la que usamos en los partidos de Argentina son MUCHO mejores. No estoy seguro por qué eligieron esa.

¿Cómo viste el éxodo, si bien no masivo, importante de jugadores a Europa? ¿Me equivoco o va a haber un antes y un después de este verano, teniendo en cuenta las escalas de Rookies, límites salariales, el pago de impuestos de los clubes de Europa sobre los contratos de jugadores y que si la NBA no cambia algo cada vez se van a ir más jugadores?

No está mal que se vayan jugadores, le hace bien al básquet en general, pero siempre el mercado europeo va a ser mucho más limitado. No son tantos los equipos que pueden competir, cuando se calmen los rusos y/o se recupere el dólar volverá todo a la normalidad.

Teniendo en cuenta el ritmo de partidos NBA… ¿Será que de ahora en adelante muchos veteranos van a irse a Europa, donde se juega menos minutos y menos partidos?
No no no no no! Quiero aclarar bien esto! A pesar que en la NBA se juegan muchos más partidos, el desgaste es mayor en Europa. Las pretemporadas te quitan años de vida, no sólo de juego, y la temporada es más larga en general. Además de los dobles turno, claro. Pregúntenle a Oberto, Scola, Herrmann, Nocioni, entre otros. No soy el único.

Phenomanul
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
¿Te molestó la columna de Buck Harvey del diario de San Antonio en donde dice varias cosas hirientes hacia tu persona? Yo leo esa columna a diario durante tu temporada y por lo general es una persona siempre elogiosa con vos... la verdad me sorprendió...
No creo que hayan sido hirientes hacia mi persona, fueron más que nada hacia las decisiones deportivas que tomé. Entiendo su punto de vista, pero no lo comparto del todo. No tengo ningún tipo de rencor hacia él.

duncan228
09-03-2008, 05:00 PM
And then there's this one...
carina_ginomania...

Thanks for posting this part of it Phenomanul. It was so cool that Manu answered carina's questions. Cherry posted it in carina's Parker sketches thread but I'm glad you posted it again so more people see it. It's not everyday we have a STer that's getting a response from a Spur!

Allanon
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Apart from the press, you can tell the fans love you there in San Antonio… how do you think that you will be received after your injury?

With lots of affection as they have always done.

He obviously doesn't read Spurstalk :D

E20
09-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Isn't fuschia the color of vagina

mytespurs
09-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks for posting questions/answers everyone! This guy loves being online doesn't he? :) I think it's wonderful that he has time to answer questions from fans. This is one of many, many reasons I love Manu!

One of these days I'm going to join his forum; would love to praise the man directly! :toast

carina_gino20
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah, he says he doesn't like video games much, but the guy loves surfing the net.

I reckon he'll have lots of time to go online after his surgery. :lol

Thanks urunobili for the translation.

lefty
09-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Great read :tu

smeagol
09-04-2008, 01:56 PM
That Manu guys is so fucking selfish.

He is a me first kinda guy . . .

Manufan909
09-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Sarcasm overload, SARCASM OVERLOAD!!! Fuck, smeagol, you killed my sarcasm detector.:depressed

smeagol
09-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Cc

I was unaware CosmicCowbow posted in Manu's site . . .

smeagol
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Sarcasm overload, SARCASM OVERLOAD!!! Fuck, smeagol, you killed my sarcasm detector.:depressed

Yep . . it's that kind of day :hat

angel_luv
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
He obviously doesn't read Spurstalk :D

Luckily, since some posters' bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh, Gee!!
09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
With What NBA player would you like to Play?

Scola or Nocioni

d'oh!!