PDA

View Full Version : Chalmers and Arthur suspended for being caught with pot

tlongII
09-03-2008, 01:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3567481

Rookies Mario Chalmers of the Miami Heat and Darrell Arthur of the Memphis Grizzlies were thrown out of the NBA's Rookie Transition Program on Wednesday morning after being caught in their hotel room at Doral Arrowwood in Rye Brook, N.Y., with marijuana, according to sources.

"Yes, they were sent home for violating program rules,'' NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

According to a source, the players were also fined $20,000 each and will begin the season on the suspended list. McIntyre would not confirm that, but he said the league will continue to investigate the matter and that appropriate sanctions will take place.

Chalmers and Arthur were both members of last year's NCAA champion Kansas Jayhawks.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

JamStone
09-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Arthur needed it for his kidney problem.

SenorSpur
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Does ESPN the Mag have any junior writers? It seems they're all listed as Senior writers - whether they're qualified or not.

jack sommerset
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Thats the funniest thing I heard in a long time. Bringing drugs to a place that teaches you the importance of not doing drugs.

jack sommerset
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the league Beasly. He is getting the star treatment already.

Doug Collins
09-03-2008, 02:58 PM
No wonder Chalmers is so "relaxed" under pressure.

The Franchise
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
How dumb can you be to jeopardize a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to smoke some weed?

Reggie Miller
09-03-2008, 09:06 PM
How dumb can you be to jeopardize a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to smoke some weed?

If I only had the chance to smoke weed once in my entire life, I would probably indulge.

Nevermind, I get it now... :hat

Ill Cosby
09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
This is what I don't get about people and weed

They claim it's not addictive or even that bad, but cats would risk a million dollar career over it

Ricky Williams quit the NFL just to smoke it

Black people put the weed down, it's holdin us back

Roxsfan
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM

They claim it's not addictive or even that bad, but cats would risk a million dollar career over it

ha, ha it holds everyone back......

Reggie Miller
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
ha, ha it holds everyone back......

Amotivational syndrome is the name that the Man has given it.

rj215
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Maybe that's why the Spurs passed on these two.They probably walked into the Spurs tryout with a bag of Doritos smelling like sticky icky...

tomtom
09-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Because it isn't addictive....

The only people that complain about it are the ones that haven't tried it and don't even know what it's like

ShoogarBear
09-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Articles like this make tlong nostalgic . . .