PDA

View Full Version : She hit a homerun......

Gino
09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
That is all.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Democrats are so screwed.

Nbadan
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, Geraldine Ferraro is gonna start campaigning with Palin tomorrow...

:rolleyes

tlongII
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
She was terrific.

Mr. Peabody
09-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Holy shit, it's a Yoni sighting....

I figured you'd return for the election.

Buddy Holly
She was terrific.

George W's former writers were. :toast

Yonivore
Holy shit, it's a Yoni sighting....

I figured you'd return for the election.
Did'ja now?

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
George W's former writers were. :toast
You think Obama wrote his speech? Hell, his Vice Presidential candidate is a bigger plagiarist than I.

Nbadan
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
You think Obama wrote his speech? Hell, his Vice Presidential candidate is a bigger plagiarist than I.

:lol

Gino
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM

I wouldn't say that...but she did very, very well.

Mr. Peabody
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Did'ja now?

In just this week, I had a Murphy sighting and a Yoni sighting. Gtown is here under another name.

It feels like home. It feels like home.

greenroom
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
That is all.

Well I have to disagree with you. I think this will blow up in her face with the arrogant trash talking that she did tonight. Did she give us any facts, we know she told lies about cutting taxes, about the bridge to no where those facts will come out and then this speech will not turn out so well.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh, I would...wait, I did.

Hell, even the New York Times (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=N2ZlZTAxMzg4ZWMxMWQ4MDczYzBlZWEwMDE3ODdiZDQ=) has written an op-ed that is pro-Palin:

Where is it written that only senators are qualified to become President?... Or where is it written that mere representatives aren’t qualified, like Geraldine Ferraro of Queens?...
Where is it written that governors and mayors, like Dianne Feinstein of San Francisco, are too local, too provincial?...

Presidential candidates have always chosen their running mates for reasons of practical demography, not idealized democracy…

What a splendid system, we say to ourselves, that takes little-known men, tests them in high office and permits them to grow into statesmen....

Why shouldn’t a little-known woman have the same opportunity to grow?...

[T]he indispensable credential for a Woman Who [sic] is the same as for a Man – [Who] who helps the ticket.
Well put, New York Times! How very enlightened of you!

Oh wait! They wrote that in 1984, championing Geraldine Ferarro, but I think their powerful words have stood the test of time. Don't you?

I wonder if they'll re-print the op-ed...

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM

I doubt Obama was using current PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH's speech writers to write a speech talking about going into Washington and changing it.

:lol:lol:lol

You fucking republicans will eat anything up, won't yeah.

tlongII
09-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I doubt Obama was using current PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH's speech writers to write a speech talking about going into Washington and changing it.

Are you really this stupid? Or is this just an act? Speech writers write speeches. If the speech was indeed written by GWB's writers it just means that they are good speech writers. Big. Fucking. Deal.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:17 PM
So, said words are hollow?

Gotcha.

Like I said. Republicans will eat shit up like every time you throw it at them.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM

Speechwriting is a job. It's a skill you market...some are better than others. Are you suggesting that George W. Bush had input on the content?

tlongII
09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
It's a speech dumbass. Written by what appear to be good speechwriters. The words weren't hollow as they effectively reamed Obama a new one.

Trainwreck2100
09-03-2008, 11:20 PM

Aren't all politicians plagiarists? They are using words that aren't their own?

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:21 PM
So, said words are hollow?
No, no more so than are Obama's -- who also employs speechwriters.

Gotcha.
You got nothin'...tell Richie hi for me, 'kay?

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Again, no. The difference is with or without permission and with or without attribution. Biden used another's words without permission or attribution. By virtue of the employment contract, speechwriters give permission to use their words.

Next.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
It's a speech dumbass. Written by what appear to be good speechwriters. The words weren't hollow as they effectively reamed Obama a new one.

It's a speech? No shit asstard.

Though I get the feeling if said writers were bashing the Blazers and old man Oden you'd be in a corner somewhere crying while masturbating.

Well, basically the same thing you do each night when you realize your life is meaningless.

Nevertheless, those are empty words. The bashing comes from the writer and the "less government, we will change Washington" comes from the same writers.

Again, the shit republicans will eat is just... :lmao

Nbadan
09-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Palin was picked to attract disenfranchised Clinton supporters......that's why it's important for the right-wing echo-chamber to try and keep the blogosphere from painting her as a extremist, but facts like her association with a Alaska independence movement and her extreme religious views aren't things that will appeal to Clinton democrats....McCain should have done a better job vetting Palin before making this huge gamble...

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:25 PM
No, no more so than are Obama's -- who also employs speechwriters.

Yes, however, unlike Plain who has her entire speech crafted out and written by former GW writers, Obama actually contributes to his speeches, puts his issues and his topics into them.

Palin probably asked the writers midway: "so, what exactly does a VP do anyway?"

You got nothin'...tell Richie hi for me, 'kay?

Is that a La Bomba reference? K...

Gino
09-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Bush's speech writers got him elected. Twice.

They should get a raise.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, however, unlike Plain who has her entire speech crafted out and written by former GW writers, Obama actually contributes to his speeches, puts his issues and his topics into them.

Palin probably asked the writers midway: "so, what exactly does a VP do anyway?"
It's that Obama arrogance that will get him defeated...by a girl. Please, keep it up.

Yonivore
Is that a La Bomba reference? K...
Wow, you're sharp.

Buddy Holly
Bush's speech writers got him elected. Twice.

They should get a raise.

Being a robot, distancing yourself from Clinton and GAYS got that man elected twice.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, you're sharp.

No, just hoping you weren't that fucking lame.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Being a robot, distancing yourself from Clinton and GAYS got that man elected twice.
:lmao "distancing" implies they were once close... :lmao

Buddy Holly
It's that Obama arrogance that will get him defeated...by a girl. Please, keep it up.

I need to keep is Obama's arrogance? M'kay...

Hey Yoni, what will you do when McCain-Palin is defeated?

Please don't tell me sex change.

Yonivore
No, just hoping you weren't that fucking lame.
Ah, Hope you can believe in.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:30 PM
:lmao "distancing" implies they were once close... :lmao

Gore wasn't close to Clinton?

Really?

Hey, are you Sarah Palin?

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Ah, Hope you can believe in.

Richie!

Look I also can reference terrible 80's movies.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I need to keep is Obama's arrogance? M'kay...
Looks like you could use a speechwriter.

Hey Yoni, what will you do when McCain-Palin is defeated?
Nothing different than when they win.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Looks like you could use a speechwriter.

Replace IS with UP and yay!!

Nothing different than when they win.

Oh, poor thing. I think you honestly believe this. :wow

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Richie!

Look I also can reference terrible 80's movies.
Okay, you're not so sharp. I was actually referencing the plane crash that killed them both...and the fact that you should be in the same place as Richie Valens; and to tell him hi for me.

Yeah, I was referencing an actual '50s incident.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Gore wasn't close to Clinton?
Nope.

Really?
Really.

Hey, are you Sarah Palin?
Gore travelled to Little Rock in 1988 to ask Clinton to support his bid for the presidency. Clinton told him to fuck off. Clinton had only met with Gore on one other occassion before selecting him as the vice presidential candidate in '92. They rarely socialized together and travelled in very different circles.

Guess what, Kennedy hated Johnson and vice-versa. Ditto with many other Pres-veep combos.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Okay, you're not so sharp. I was actually referencing the plane crash that killed them both...and the fact that you should be in the same place as Richie Valens; and to tell him hi for me.

Yeah, I was referencing an actual '50s incident.

Which makes it even lamer.

The actual event. Come on.

But I got it. You were wishing me death because I'm not cheering on McCain-Palin.

Is your life that pathetic. Well, yes, yes it is.

Nbadan
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Guess what, Kennedy hated Johnson and vice-versa. Ditto with many other Pres-veep combos.

I would say that Kennedy's distrust of Johnson was well-founded....it was the company he kept...

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Which makes it even lamer.

The actual event. Come on.

But I got it. You were wishing me death because I'm not cheering on McCain-Palin.

Is your life that pathetic. Well, yes, yes it is.
Actually, I don't care if you live or die. I was making a lame reference which you've personalized nicely. Have fun with it.

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I would say that Kennedy's distrust of Johnson was well-founded....it was the company he kept...
The point was that candidates rarely choose their running mate based on some affinity for them. It's politics, pure and simple.

Buddy Holly
09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Nope.

Yeah, eight years as President-Vice President can only help but build a divid.

Really.

Stupid, you are.

Gore travelled to Little Rock in 1988 to ask Clinton to support his bid for the presidency. Clinton told him to fuck off. Clinton had only met with Gore on one other occassion before selecting him as the vice presidential candidate in '92. They rarely socialized together and travelled in very different circles.

Hey dumb shit, learn to spell.

But besides the spelling gaffe's, I never said they were fucking friends who wife swapped on weekends. I said he distanced himself during his run as President because of Monica and her sexy time with Bill. That was his and his campaign's choice and it bit them in the ass. Bill would have made Al's less than human personality not so obvious.

And Clinton hates Obama but last time I checked, both were on stage praising one another and Obama isn't dumb enough to want to distance himself from the former Prez.

Get it?

Yonivore
09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah, eight years as President-Vice President can only help but build a divid.
In the case of Clinton-Gore, yep.

Stupid, you are.
High praise from you, I'm sure.

Hey dumb shit, learn to spell.
From the guy that gave us:

"...can only help but build a divid." and "I need to keep is Obama's arrogance? M'kay..."
Sweet.

But besides the spelling gaffe's, I never said they were fucking friends who wife swapped on weekends. I said he distanced himself during his run as President because of Monica and her sexy time with Bill. That was his and his campaign choice and it bit them in the ass. Bill would have made Al's less than human personality not so obvious.
Actually, you didn't say any of that and, I stand by my first assessment...saying Gore "distanced" himself from Clinton wrongly implies a closeness that never existed.

And Clinton hates Obama but last time I checked, both were on stage praising one another and Obama isn't dumb enough to want to distance himself from the former Prez.
Haven't heard from either Clinton since. Hillary stood up there and talked about herself. Bill did a good job of pitching Obama but, we'll see if it lasts.

McCain, on the other hand, had every major contender for the nomination take the stage and whole-heartedly endorse his and Palin's candidacy.

Get it?
Yep. I do.

gameFACE
09-03-2008, 11:53 PM
She had home field advantage and a scripted speech so you could say she hit a homerun.

Beyond that it was a typical Republican divisive speech let alone an entire evening.

whottt
09-04-2008, 12:02 AM
The Democrats are fucked...she's like 1.4 billion times a better speaker than Bush or Cheney are...and ya'll couldn't beat them.

The last(only) time the Republicans actually had a likeable candidate they won 49 states.

BTW, I just read that she destroyed the Govenor of Alaska in a debate, and he was also a 22 year veteran of the Senate. The debate was why she beat him in the election.

I am sorry but if any of you guys think Joe Biden even belongs on the same stage with this woman, you're stupid. He is one of the most uncharismatic politicians I have ever seen.

Obama fucked up by selecting Biden.

What, was Kerry not interested?

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Sweet.

I say you need to learnt o spell and you quote one spelling error (I forgot the e!) and a sentence where I typed the wrong word. :lol

Actually, you didn't say any of that and, I stand by my first assessment...saying Gore "distanced" himself from Clinton wrongly implies a closeness that never existed.

I didn't think I had to get into great detail when I said Gore distanced himself from Clinton. I figured most intelligent people who were around in 2000 could decipher that for themselves. But alas I was ill prepared.

Haven't heard from either Clinton since. Hillary stood up there and talked about herself. Bill did a good job of pitching Obama but, we'll see if it lasts.

So he didn't distance himself from the Clintons. MY FUCKING POINT Mr. Nye.

McCain, on the other hand, had every major contender for the nomination take the stage and whole-heartedly endorse his and Palin's candidacy.

As did Obama. Big whoop.

Yep. I do.

So you accept that the republicans will lose. Thank god. No need for you to have a breakdown.

whottt
09-04-2008, 12:09 AM
BTW, all you guys that think Hillary supporters won't go for her and McCain...

Enjoy:

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=27423&page=16

They hate you guys, they hate the way you are attacking her family, with lies and smears, they hate your candidate, and they hate the way you treated Hillary Clinton.

They fucking hate every single thing about you...

They fucking do not give a shit about any policies. They want to fuck you, and they want to do it without lube.

Have a nice election :toast

And be sure to keep calling her a bitch.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:15 AM
I say you need to learnt o spell...
Sorry, that's as far as I got. :lmao

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Who wants to put money on the election on the McCain side? If you guys think the democrats are fucked lets see if you want to put your money where your mouth is.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Who wants to put money on the election on the McCain side? If you guys think the democrats are fucked lets see if you want to put your money where your mouth is.
Hell, I'll put up my entire $500.00 vBookie cash.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Oh no, some Hillary blowhards are upset their woman didn't make it.

Fuck them. Those are the same stupid pieces of shit who mocked, belittled and cheered the death of Tim Russert because they thought he was unfair to Hillary.

They're pieces of human garbage and quite frankly this world would be a better place with out them and people of that same cloth.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-04-2008, 12:18 AM
It's been a little obvious I'm not in the McCain-Palin camp the infrequent times I post here, but one of the points I couldn't help but make tonight was this: Gov. Palin's speech tonight wasn't so much for the country, but for the base, and I have to agree, she knocked it out of the park.

I think any doubts the base might have had about McCain's pick were wiped away with her fire, rhetoric, jabs and background. If I'm in the campaign, I send Palin to swing states right now and get her stumping.

There's a significant part of this country that looks at Palin and sees their mother or a mother they know. Say what you will about her experiences, but the fact is she has raised a family not unlike many Americans while working as a public servant and that's commendable.

I think she's a good orator who took a speech that was designed to solidify and energize the base and she performed. The next 60 days are going to be great for the country, and I think both campaigns start on relatively equal footing tomorrow.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Oh no, some Hillary blowhards are upset their woman didn't make it.

Fuck them. Those are the same stupid pieces of shit who mocked, belittled and praised the death of Tim Russert because they thought he was unfair to Hillary.

They're pieces of human garbage and quite frankly this world would be a better place with out them and people of that cloth.
Wow, building them bridges...aren't'cha now?

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Sorry, that's as far as I got. :lmao

Really, because you're too above reading a sentence where one of the letters wasn't correctly spaced?

But I get it. You read it all. Had no real response to what I said so you post about how you "stopped reading" once you encountered that sentence.

Right. :lol

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow, building them bridges...aren't'cha now?

Wouldn't want any type of bridge with those loony PO fucking S.

hitmanyr2k
I am sorry but if any of you guys think Joe Biden even belongs on the same stage with this woman, you're stupid. He is one of the most uncharismatic politicians I have ever seen.

Are you out of your damn mind? :lol Biden is going to KILL Palin. Didn't you notice she was reading the teleprompter extra careful when foreign policy issues came up? She had no clue what she was talking about in segments of her speech lol. Biden has experience and knowledge coming out of his ears on domestic issues and more importantly foreign affairs. And since she was so aggressive tonight there's no reason for him to hold back because no one is going to feel sorry for her.

Buddy Holly

They're too fucking scared.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Hell, I'll put up my entire $500.00 vBookie cash.

No Yoni. If you believe strongly lets put up 500 dollars real cash at with 1:1 odds.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Money meet Mouth.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Really, because you're too above reading a sentence where one of the letters wasn't correctly spaced?

But I get it. You read it all. Had no real response to what I said so you post about how you "stopped reading" once you encountered that sentence.

Right. :lol
You're the one that started editing. No, really, I stopped reading, hit the quote button, deleted the rest of your drivel and posted the response. Is that really so hard to believe?

Picking on poster's spelling, grammar, and other non-content aspects of their posts is the first sure sign you've got no game. Why bother with your content? So, I misspelled traveled and I still can't recall if it's two "c"s or two "s"s in occasion ocassion? BFD.

atxrocker
09-04-2008, 12:24 AM
it amuses me that republicans are acting like they just won the election and that palin is getting such postive reviews. her act was weak imo.

MannyIsGod
You're the one that started editing. No, really, I stopped reading, hit the quote button, deleted the rest of your drivel and posted the response. Is that really so hard to believe?

Picking on poster's spelling, grammar, and other non-content aspects of their posts is the first sure sign you've got no game. Why bother with your content? So, I misspelled traveled and I still can't recall if it's two "c"s or two "s"s in occasion ocassion? BFD.

How much do you believe Yoni? It doesn't seem to me that you're all that confident in McCain's chances.

Yonivore
No Yoni. If you believe strongly lets put up 500 dollars real cash at with 1:1 odds.
No thanks. I never bet on politics. Oh, wait, I don't gamble at all. Thanks just the same.

SpursFanFirst
09-04-2008, 12:25 AM
I haven't read all of the comments here, but I thought I'd pass on what I heard tonight about Palin's speech.

According to CNN, the original VP speech was written before she came on board.
Once she was named, though, the speech was rewritten, and she helped...so really, who cares if Bush's speech writers wrote it originally? In the end, it was changed and tailor-made for her.

MannyIsGod
In a free market the only true indicator is money. Which Republicans are ready to step up and collect what they see as FREE MONEY based upon their belief that McCain is going to win the election? Who turns down free money?

PixelPusher

It's the 2006 mid term elections all over again. The arrogance. The disconnect. Good times.

Yonivore
How much do you believe Yoni? It doesn't seem to me that you're all that confident in McCain's chances.
I think they have as good or slightly better chance than Obama-Biden.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
No thanks. I never bet on politics. Oh, wait, I don't gamble at all. Thanks just the same.

You don't have any money in the stock market Yoni? You don't own any treasury bonds? You don't have a bank account?

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
It's the 2006 mid term elections all over again. The arrogance. The disconnect. Good times.
Yep, here we go.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:27 AM

This wouldn't have anything to do with your political leaning, would it? I'd love a state by state breakdown that you think gives McCain 270 electoral votes.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:27 AM

Yeah, sure, if that's what you say. :sleep

I'd have no game if that's all I did, but you know I didn't just point out your stupidity.

Also dumbshit, if you can't remember if it's two s's or to c's in a word, don't rack up 13,000 posts, instead take your ass back to school and learn some shit.

Until then, put up some money or shut the fuck up.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:28 AM
You don't have any money in the stock market Yoni? You don't own any treasury bonds? You don't have a bank account?
Yes, I do...it's hard not to have your money invested when you don't control it. No, I'm not betting you on the election. Give it up.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:28 AM

Pussy cat pussy cat, where are you?

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeah, sure, if that's what you say. :sleep

I'd have no game if that's all I did, but you know I didn't just point out your stupidity.

Also dumbshit, if you can't remember if it's two s's or to c's in a word, don't rack up 13,000 posts, instead take your ass back to school and learn some shit.

Until then, put up some money or shut the fuck up.[/QUOTE]
Learn to use the forum codes, dumbass...or is that dumb ass?

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:30 AM
This wouldn't have anything to do with your political leaning, would it? I'd love a state by state breakdown that you think gives McCain 270 electoral votes.

Oh jesus Manny, that's like asking her to find someone who finds her somewhat remotely attractive.

Is NOT ever going to happen.

PixelPusher
09-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I haven't read all of the comments here, but I thought I'd pass on what I heard tonight about Palin's speech.

According to CNN, the original VP speech was written before she came on board.
Once she was named, though, the speech was rewritten, and she helped...so really, who cares if Bush's speech writers wrote it originally? In the end, it was changed and tailor-made for her.

"Attack Dog / Red Meat Dispenser" is the traditional role of a VP, but by doing so, they took away the intrigue and mystery that was working in her favor. When they condense her speech for highlights in the news tomorrow, they will be sarcastic jabs at Obama. Of course all the board Republicans here are eating it up, but they're not enough for a McCain win.

MannyIsGod
Yes, I do...it's hard not to have your money invested when you don't control it. No, I'm not betting you on the election. Give it up.

You do gamble then. I'm just pointing out that your above statement saying you don't gamble is absolutely incorrect.

You do gamble, but you refuse to bet on the election because you don't believe what you were saying above.

Anyone on here who wants to lay a bet on McCain because you believe he's going to win I offer you any amount up to $3,000 at 1:1 odds. I'm absolutely dead serious about this. I don't believe anyone here has that kind of confidence in McCain's ticket but if you do let me know. We can have an intermediary hold the money so that there are no problems for the collection.

Buddy Holly
Learn to use the forum codes, dumbass...or is that dumb ass?

and then you go and fuck that up.

http://www.ifrance.com/frans/smiley/lol_by_free.gif

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:33 AM

Look how fast that retraction came

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:38 AM

Look how fast that retraction came
Nice catch.

Okay, I say they take 49 states...all but Illinois.

Better?

baseline bum
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
You do gamble then. I'm just pointing out that your above statement saying you don't gamble is absolutely incorrect.

You do gamble, but you refuse to bet on the election because you don't believe what you were saying above.

Anyone on here who wants to lay a bet on McCain because you believe he's going to win I offer you any amount up to $3,000 at 1:1 odds. I'm absolutely dead serious about this. I don't believe anyone here has that kind of confidence in McCain's ticket but if you do let me know. We can have an intermediary hold the money so that there are no problems for the collection.

After all this country has gambled and lost on Bush, it's understandable to not want to put money up on that platform again.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:42 AM
and then you go and fuck that up.

http://www.ifrance.com/frans/smiley/lol_by_free.gif
I didn't fuck it up, you did. I merely hit the quote button. To have fixed it would have defeated my point.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Whatthefuckever.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:46 AM

Well, Manny, I can't get my money out of my invested retirement account until, well, retirement. And, unless my deposits exceed $100,000 (they don't), bank accounts aren't really a gamble either. I inherited some stock once and sold it.

Not betting with you has as much to do with my not being a gambler as it does with my not wanting to have any kind of personal connection with the people in this forum.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Whatthefuckever.
That's not a word.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Well, Manny, I can't get my money out of my invested retirement account until, well, retirement. And, unless my deposits exceed $100,000 (they don't), bank accounts aren't really a gamble either. I inherited some stock once and sold it.

Not betting with you has as much to do with my not being a gambler as it does with my not wanting to have any kind of personal connection with the people in this forum.

I know Yoni, I know. Everyone else turns down free money.

I don't actually expect anyone to take me up on my offer (although it is VERY serious and if anyone is interested please do take me up on it) because I know no one here believes that strongly in McCain's chances to win.

PixelPusher
09-04-2008, 12:49 AM

I was expecting you to pull out the "gambling is illegal" card.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I was expecting you to pull out the "gambling is illegal" card.

Why would I do that?

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Why would I do that?

Because you're superdooper lame.

PixelPusher
09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Why would I do that?

meh..."law and order Republican" and all of that...

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I don't care what party you're from, Sarah owned tonight. Biden's going to get bitch slapped in the VP debate.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't care what party you're from, Sarah owned tonight. Biden's going to get bitch slapped in the VP debate.

Like Manny before, willing to place real money on the table?

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 12:58 AM
I agree. I'm wonder what politically incorrect drivel will spew out of his mouth. I think it'll be entertaining.

baseline bum
09-04-2008, 01:00 AM
McCain could invade Canada and you'd agree.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 01:00 AM

Aggie, you're republican, correct?

midgetonadonkey
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM
That bitch needs to stay home and take care of her 4 1/2 kids.

What the fuck is she doing trying to be VP? She really must not give a shit about her kids.

whottt
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Hillary Clinton's campaign adies are saying Palin has been the victim of sexism:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13129.html

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Sarah Palin found some unlikely allies Wednesday as leading academics and even former top aides to Hillary Rodham Clinton endorsed the Republican charge that John McCain’s running mate has been subject to a sexist double standard by the news media and Democrats.

Georgetown University professor Deborah Tannen, who has written best-selling books on gender differences, said she agrees with complaints that Palin skeptics — including prominent voices in the news media — have crossed a line by speculating about whether the Alaska governor is neglecting her family in pursuit of national office.

“What we’re dealing with now, there’s nothing subtle about it,” said Tannen. “We’re dealing with the assumption that child-rearing is the job of women and not men. Is it sexist? Yes.”

“There’s no way those questions would be asked of a male candidate,” said Howard Wolfson a former top strategist for Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Bwahahaha :lmao

This is hilarious.

midgetonadonkey
09-04-2008, 01:04 AM
The negro wins by a landslide.

I'll put money on it.

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 01:06 AM
That bitch needs to stay home and take care of her 4 1/2 kids.

What the fuck is she doing trying to be VP? She really must not give a shit about her kids.
Uh, Obama has kids too. Should he stay home and take care of them? Oh, wait, are you saying that it's a woman's job...I see. Well, how enlightened of you.

Oh, I'm sure 1/2 kid reference was meant to be funny and not cruel.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 01:07 AM

She appeased her base tonight, you are her base. That's why you think it was such a stupendous speech.

Buddy Holly
09-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Uh, Obama has kids too. Should he stay home and take care of them? Oh, wait, are you saying that it's a woman's job...I see. Well, how enlightened of you.

Read his next post, maybe you could take him serious with that one too. :lmao

midgetonadonkey
09-04-2008, 01:11 AM

That's exactly what I'm saying. It is a woman's job. Kids need mommy more than daddy. It's a scientific fact.

And the 1/2 kid reference was meant to be cruel and funny. Not either/or.

Mr. Body
The best thing to happen to Palin is her fucked up family. It distracts from her tax-raising and lies about bridges.

Yonivore
She appeased her base tonight, you are her base. That's why you think it was such a stupendous speech.
I think she appealed to moderates as well. Her committment to special needs children and their families and her strong showing will certainly appeal to the single-issue feminist voters that were for Hillary.

I think the Democrats for McCain membership is bigger than is the Republicans for Obama. The only people she didn't appeal to were Obama's base...the least qualified, most liberal candidate ever fielded by the Democrat party.

midgetonadonkey
09-04-2008, 01:13 AM
I wish I was one of the 40 people her 17 year old whore had sex with. She is cute.

I would've pulled out waaay early on that though.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
I think she appealed to moderates as well. Her committment to special needs children and their families and her strong showing will certainly appeal to the single-issue feminist voters that were for Hillary.

We'll see, but her tone was vituperative to the extreme and her attacks on Obama were catty and tonally very off-putting. I don't see that floating very well. People were coming to see what this Palin is all about, and frankly she seems like a bitch.

midgetonadonkey
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM

I think the Democrats for McCain membership is bigger than is the Republicans for Obama. The only people she didn't appeal to were Obama's base...the least qualified, most liberal candidate ever fielded by the Democrat party.

If the bitch never had a retarded kid she wouldn't give a fuck about them. But she did have one and now her nanny is burdened with caring for Corkey. I don't think it had an effect on the voters that were going for Hillary. I was a Hillary voter and I don't give a fuck what her retarded having kid ass has to say. Obama is still going to win by a huge landslide and do a better job with this country than any Republican ever has.

And just so everyone knows, the reason I want Hillary in office is because she had Bill by her side and he was the greatest President in at least 100 years. Fuck anyone that says otherwise.

PixelPusher
09-04-2008, 01:18 AM

So you think "single-issue feminists" will...

:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
09-04-2008, 01:19 AM
If the bitch never had a retarded kid she wouldn't give a fuck about them. But she did have one and now her nanny is burdened with caring for Corkey. I don't think it had an effect on the voters that were going for Hillary. I was a Hillary voter and I don't give a fuck what her retarded having kid ass has to say. Obama is still going to win by a huge landslide and do a better job with this country than any Republican ever has.

And just so everyone knows, the reason I want Hillary in office is because she had Bill by her side and he was the greatest President in at least 100 years. Fuck anyone that says otherwise.man, that's funny. stick to your cassanova ways though. more people buy that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Like Manny before, willing to place real money on the table?

Sure, name it. Avatar for a year. Or a case of bear. Call your shot, mr. bridge man.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Aggie, you're republican, correct?

I'm a fiscal conservative. After that, the gloves come off. If I really had to pick a party, I'd say libertarian. As that party won't win, I'll pick the lesser of two evils and take the Republicans for $1000, Alex.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2008, 01:21 AM

I'm not her base, nice try though. I just heard more substance out of her than I've ever heard for the Messian/Rickety old fart campaign. Plus, she's hot :tu

Yonivore
09-04-2008, 01:21 AM
We'll see, but her tone was vituperative to the extreme and her attacks on Obama were catty and tonally very off-putting. I don't see that floating very well. People were coming to see what this Palin is all about, and frankly she seems like a bitch.
What attacks on Obama? Seriously, what do you consider to have been an attack?

It's traditionally the role of the vice-presidential nominee to criticize the other party's presidential nominee. I'll bet you'll find similar such "attacks" in Biden's speech, and every other Veep candidate for the past few decades.

whottt
09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Are you out of your damn mind? :lol Biden is going to KILL Palin.

Dude...Joe Biden has never come close to winning a National Election. He is not as good as you guys think he is.

Didn't you notice she was reading the teleprompter extra careful when foreign policy issues came up?

That's one segment of a debate. And no one is expecting her to be good there. She's going to be better there than you guys think she is.

She had no clue what she was talking about in segments of her speech lol. Biden has experience and knowledge coming out of his ears on domestic issues and more importantly foreign affairs. And since she was so aggressive tonight there's no reason for him to hold back because no one is going to feel sorry for her.

Her teleprompter was fucking up during her speech. It kept rolling during the applause...

Could you tell?

This was the biggest speech of this woman's life and arguably the biggest speech by a woman in American History. And she enjoyed it...thoroughly.

This chick is not who you think she is...

She is going to feed Biden his own balls.

PS: It's easy to go back and find every debate, every comment Joe Biden has ever made. To know everything he knows and his position on every single issue. To measure his every reaction, to know what pisses him off, to know what his weaknesses are. He is about as much of a known quantity as it is possible to be.

There's not enough of a record to do that with Palin. All you can go by is McCain's stances...and most of his stances are pretty moderate.

T Park
09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm a fiscal conservative. After that, the gloves come off. If I really had to pick a party, I'd say libertarian. As that party won't win, I'll pick the lesser of two evils and take the Republicans for $1000, Alex.

Pretty much me as well.

McCain is a fiscal conservative. He rejected the tax cuts, only in that they didn't have spending cuts to go along with them! If you listen to the media, you'd think he was a damn Democrat.

boutons_
09-04-2008, 02:04 AM
A little something I read in the NY Times today, might have some bearing on winning the election:

"The CBS news survey on Tuesday, taking into account the Palin nomination, showed Obama with a 14-point lead among women. And a fresh Gallup poll suggests that the Palin pick has not helped McCain with Democratic or independent women, to date. It’s hurt."

Palin’s True North:

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/palins-true-north/

So while the chubby, nasty, trash-talking, non-reforming, earmark-sucking bitch might have elicited some enthusiasm from a lily-white Repug choir desperate to have finally some enthusiam, it's all about getting votes.

We'll see if McSame gets any kind of bounce from the convention.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:06 AM
The CBS news survey on Tuesday

Who took the poll, Dan Rather who lied about incorrect documents about the president?

Yeah, real reliable news source there...

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Palin is NOT going to get indy women. Definitely not many Dem women, but not many more independent women.

She's EXACTLY what a guy might like in a pol: pretty, foul-mouthed spitfire, an athlete, a hunter who likes guns...

But this IS NOT what women like. This is NOT what attracts the confidence of other women.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
foul-mouthed spitfire

She curses?

More disinformation from the left. Shocking.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
So in other words, women don't like women that can do it all?

Ahhh I see.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Palin is NOT going to get indy women. Definitely not many Dem women, but not many more independent women.

She's EXACTLY what a guy might like in a pol: pretty, foul-mouthed spitfire, an athlete, a hunter who likes guns...

But this IS NOT what women like. This is NOT what attracts the confidence of other women.

You're wrong...she is going to pull some of the most hardcore Democrat Women in the entire party...and she's going to do it regardless of any stance she has. She is going to pull Clinton Democrats like a complete motherfucker...

She is going to pull a lot of people that have worked elections and Clinton Campaign volunteers.

Those Clinton people have been wired into Politics since the mid 90's...they aren't politically studpid. They know 2012 will be the last chance to get the Clintons back in.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:26 AM
You're wrong...she is going to pull some of the most hardcore Democrat Women in the entire party...and she's going to do it regardless of any stance she has. She is going to pull Clinton Democrats like a complete motherfucker...

She is going to pull a lot of people that have worked elections and Clinton Campaign volunteers.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 02:29 AM

Uh... because she's rabidly anti-choice? Because she's pro-hunting or something? Because she's a shrill harpy who attacks people for apparent reason and comes off like that catty bitch from 7th grade?

Those are... uh... things women don't really like. I suggest you meet some women.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Howard Wolffson a Clinton communication manager.

"Biden has to now bring his A game"

Suck it.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Because she's a shrill harpy who attacks people for apparent reason and comes off like that catty bitch from 7th grade?

Who did she attack for no apparent reason?

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:30 AM
because she's rabidly anti-choice?

Shes very pro choice.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Uh... because she's rabidly anti-choice? Because she's pro-hunting or something? Because she's a shrill harpy who attacks people for apparent reason and comes off like that catty bitch from 7th grade?

Those are... uh... things women don't really like. I suggest you meet some women.

What part of they aren't politically stupid don't you get?

They're the ones that know it was a White Christian Republican Supreme Court that wrote ROE VS Wade in the first place. Might try reading something about government other than the Daily KOS sometime.

T Park
09-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Hes probably more of a Das Kapital guy.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Won't hurt when Palin says she's not in favor any anti-abortion Legislation either....she's not, and she's on record as saying it.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Won't hurt when Palin says she's not in favor any anti-abortion Legislation either....she's not, and she's on record as saying it.

Bullshit.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Did you guys know that ROE in ROE VS Wade is now Pro-Life...and she actually tried to get it overturned herself, and they wouldn't do it.

True story.

It's not ever going to be overturned, and the voters I am talking about know it. They already have enough Republican Judges on the court right now to overturn it.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Bullshit.

Not bullshit...step out of the world of propaganda for a while and read something not being fed to you. And you know what? McCain's position on the issue is virtually undefinable. So he's not going to pressure her.

mrsmaalox
09-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Shes very pro choice.

Ummm, no.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Did you guys know that ROE in ROE VS Wade is now Pro-Life...and she actually tried to get it overturned herself, and they wouldn't do it.

True story.

It's not ever going to be overturned, and the voters I am talking about know it. They already have enough Republican Judges on the court right now to overturn it.

Yes, I know about Roe. Who cares?

I don't get your point - so women are gonna suddenly be glad to vote against their own interests and desires now?

Conversing with you is like pissing on your own pants leg. After a while you wonder why you're doing it.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Let's just say she is though, let's say she becomes President and is the more anti-abortion person who ever lived...the Democrats will still control congress.

You guys better find a new scare tactic...because women talk and once they get talking that myth is going to go by the wayside fast.

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:56 AM
However, while running for Governor, Palin's campaign said she was not running to govern on the abortion issue, and would propose no new anti-abortion laws.[8]

From wikipedia...

If she's not going to do it at the State Level she's damn sure not going to do it at the Federal Level.

And if she's against anti-abortion legislation at the State level...

Mr. Body you do realize that overturning ROE VS Wade won't make abortion illegal don't you?

whottt
09-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Time to find a new scare tactic...the Clinton Democrats are smart dude, it's not going to work on them.

And they want the Clintons back in the Whitehouse....and you guys can't give it to them.

milkyway21
09-04-2008, 03:04 AM
once a journalist, maybe used to reading from a telepromter or what, but I was not surprised.

a fine breather to over-hyped Obama news on TV.

what a SCENE-STEALER.

America, forget about comparing Michelle Obama to Jackie O. This R-VP is closer to her- in style -looks, charisma, and stage presence.

mrsmaalox
09-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Howard Wolffson a Clinton communication manager.

"Biden has to now bring his A game"

Suck it.

Suck what?! Because someone who happened to be on Clinton's staff stated the obvious? Palin has the upper hand right now, no one really knows her, she can be anything she wants and invent herself before our eyes. Biden on the other hand, isn't really known for his tact and grace. He's gonna have to be careful not to come off as either too condescending or too wimpy. He's the one who will have to adjust his game to match hers.

mrsmaalox
09-04-2008, 03:07 AM
From wikipedia...

If she's not going to do it at the State Level she's damn sure not going to do it at the Federal Level.

And if she's against anti-abortion legislation at the State level...

Mr. Body you do realize that overturning ROE VS Wade won't make abortion illegal don't you?

What you quoted does not say she is against anti-abortion legislation at the state level. It says she would not propose any new anti abortion laws while governor.

whottt
09-04-2008, 03:08 AM
:lol @ anyone that thinks the Clintons aren't going to play this to their advantage. It's not a matter of politics with them...it's a matter of they they think they are the best thing for this country.

McCain is saying he's only going to go for one term...Obama gets humiliated at the polls...that gives the Clintons 4 years to work on Palin and set themselves up for 2012.

I want you to tell me one reason you think the Clinton's aren't going to undermine this...

PixelPusher
09-04-2008, 03:11 AM
:lol @ anyone that thinks the Clintons aren't going to play this to their advantage. It's not a matter of politics with them...it's a matter of they they think they are the best thing for this country.

McCain is saying he's only going to go for one term...Obama gets humiliated at the polls...that gives the Clintons 4 years to work on Palin and set themselves up for 2012.

I want you to tell me one reason you think the Clinton's aren't going to undermine this...
Because they're more politically saavy than you. Because they know if Obama goes down, they get the blame, they become pariahs in their own party.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 03:12 AM
whootttt is wrong about everything

mrsmaalox
09-04-2008, 03:14 AM

That's tough. You don't think that not giving Hilary the VP nod was enough of a slap in the face to them, that they'll rather not be humiliated further? There wasn't much of an outcry at all from the old Hilary supporters when the Dems passed her up for the VP job.

whottt
09-04-2008, 03:18 AM
What you quoted does not say she is against anti-abortion legislation at the state level. It says she would not propose any new anti abortion laws while governor.

That means she is against it at the State Level. She could have implemented all sorts of anti-abortion laws easily in Alaska to go into effect if ROE VS Wade was overturned, making abortion illegal....and she could have done it easily with an 80% approval rating...that was as high as 90% at times. And she didn't do it....there are only 600K people in Alaska.

If she's some crazed zealout as she is being stereotyped that would have been the first thing she did.

You know why they say she rabidly pro-life? Because she is...because they asked her what she would do if her daughter was raped, and she told them she would want her daughter to have the baby...that doesn't mean she's going to impose legislation that forces every woman to do so.

How about she's what she seems...someone who is strongly pro-life but doesn't let that keep her from being a non tyrannical government official.

Besides...even if she is, there's a Democratic Congress to contend with.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 03:18 AM
That's tough. You don't think that not giving Hilary the VP nod was enough of a slap in the face to them, that they'll rather not be humiliated further? There wasn't much of an outcry at all from the old Hilary supporters when the Dems passed her up for the VP job.

Well, there was a bit. And polls dipped a bit out of disappointment, but the DNC did an incredible job of uniting the party (as if it never would).

whottt
09-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Alaska was one of the first U.S. states to pass a constitutional ban on gay marriage, in 1998.[13] Whilst campaigning for election as Governor of Alaska in 2006, Palin declared that she supported the 1998 constitutional amendment, although she said she has good friends who are gay and does not wish to judge gay people.[4]

In December 2006, following long-running litigation and a 2005 ruling, the Supreme Court of Alaska ordered the state to begin paying health and retiree benefits to the same-sex partners of state employees. Declaring that there were "no more judicial options to pursue" to avoid paying the benefits, Palin agreed to comply with the ruling.[14] At the same time, in her first legislative act, Palin signed a bill ordering a non-binding referendum for a constitutional amendment to deny the benefits.[15]

Palin subsequently vetoed a bill that would have denied the benefits, declaring that "signing this bill would be in direct violation of my oath of office" due to the state Supreme Court ruling.[16] Although the referendum passed in April 2007 with 53% of voters supporting a constitutional amendment, a bill to place such an amendment on the ballot in November 2008 stalled in the state legislature.[17]

Sorry...she's not what you guys want her to be.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Sorry...she's not what you guys want her to be.

Actually she's exactly what I want her to be. The exact indicator there is no way McCain is getting elected.

whottt
09-04-2008, 03:27 AM
That's tough. You don't think that not giving Hilary the VP nod was enough of a slap in the face to them, that they'll rather not be humiliated further?

You think they're worried about humiliation? :lol

She can't be humiliated...get serious. We're talking the Whitehouse here.

There wasn't much of an outcry at all from the old Hilary supporters when the Dems passed her up for the VP job.

Ok well think what you wish...but you will never see ROE V Wade overturned...it is a scare tactic, and the Clintons do want the Whitehouse back...both of them want it back. Because they think they're the best ones for it..and for the country.

whottt
09-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Actually she's exactly what I want her to be. The exact indicator there is no way McCain is getting elected.

But there is no way in hell you were going to vote for McCain under any circumstances Manny...you have a strong opinion on this. Did you expect her to change it? I didn't.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 03:39 AM
But there is no way in hell you were going to vote for McCain under any circumstances Manny...you have a strong opinion on this. Did you expect her to change it? I didn't.

She didn't reach out to independents tonight Whottt, she reached out to her base. Thats fine and all, but what fires up one base also fires up the other in the same regard.

Who's got the bigger base this year by a wide margin, whottt?

whottt
09-04-2008, 03:55 AM
She didn't reach out to independents tonight Whottt, she reached out to her base. Thats fine and all, but what fires up one base also fires up the other in the same regard.

I'm an independent, no shit I truly am even though it may not seem that way...I liked it.

And I was leaning towards Obama...what changed?

And my voting in Presidential Elections is perfectly split between Republican and Democrat. And believe it or not...I am a huge fan of Bill Clinton as well.

Who's got the bigger base this year by a wide margin, whottt?

6 days ago things were different....way way different. And it still was going to be a close election. 6 days ago the Republicans didn't even have thier own base...not to mention offer an incredibly good chance of giving the Clintons a shot at the Whitehouse in 2012.

whottt
09-04-2008, 04:00 AM
The way I see this election breaking down...

I figure by the end of this the Democrats will have a portion of their hardcore base...but they are going to lose some of it...because there are a lot of wealthy and influential people that owe everything to the Clintons and would do anything to see them back in the Whitehouse....and 6 days ago they had the most to gain by keeping their mouth shut and playing political ball....but that has changed now. They will have a huge African American block and turnout, huge, and they will have a block of young males(the guys filling up Obama's stadiums). And that's not going to be enough.

whottt
09-04-2008, 04:03 AM
There are a lot of old people in this country....that is the largest voting demographic in this country...and I think they are going to go almost entirely to the Republicans...because old people like John McCaine...and they like Sarah Palin. I don't think the Democrats are going to get anything from the old people in this election. Especially if they keep attacking McCain's age.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
I don't get your point - so women are gonna suddenly be glad to vote against their own interests and desires now?

Yeah they really are. Go do some reading on the puma site and you'll see. They're not stupid. They know republicans have dominated the white house for decades and they aren't in the dark ages. They are PISSED about how Hillary was treated. They loved watching Palin rip Obama's balls off. They know McCain only wants to serve one term. So they ARE voting for Palin and they are looking forward to Hillary v Palin in 2012.

rascal
09-04-2008, 05:44 AM
The Democrats are fucked...she's like 1.4 billion times a better speaker than Bush or Cheney are...and ya'll couldn't beat them.

The last(only) time the Republicans actually had a likeable candidate they won 49 states.

BTW, I just read that she destroyed the Govenor of Alaska in a debate, and he was also a 22 year veteran of the Senate. The debate was why she beat him in the election.

She isn't running for president. The lifeless McCain is.

rascal
09-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Not bullshit...step out of the world of propaganda for a while and read something not being fed to you.

Take your own advice.

rascal
09-04-2008, 05:52 AM
She curses?

More disinformation from the left. Shocking.

Of course she does.

whottt
09-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Take your own advice.

Ok rascal, she completely sucked.

Feel better now? :lmao

whottt
09-04-2008, 06:07 AM
She isn't running for president. The lifeless McCain is.

Then why are you in this thread talking about her?

whottt
09-04-2008, 06:39 AM
I'm watching Biden right now and his response is great. Very slick. He's not pulling any stupid attacks and is acting like a Democrat should act. And he's getting after her the way he should.

Still not in Palin's league though.

Who knows though...if Democrats start acting like Democrats again and stand for something other than bashing Bush...anything could happen.

I'll have to see how much Obama and Biden make this about Bush...if they do it's going to blow up in their faces.

Clandestino
09-04-2008, 06:44 AM

Didn't I already offer you bet a few months ago?

Clandestino
09-04-2008, 06:47 AM

investing is not gambling.. i guess that is why mexicans don't invest and remain poor. they equate investing with lottery tickets.

whottt
09-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Joe Biden: She was absolutely fantastic. Period.

Props Joe....way to keep it real.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 07:28 AM
She was awesome and yes, Joe Biden gave her major props as he should. I said it last night there is no way to spin this negative.
I'm an Obama support but the spins stops here and I do think the Republicans have sealed the deal.
I'm still confident but the already very tough road for Obama just got muddied up and it will be a miracle, a miracle I tell ya if he can pull it off.

One thing that was clear to me is this is NO longer McCain's campaign for the Sarah Palin campaign. IT is now the Palin/McCain ticket and if they win it will be because of Sarah and NOT because of McCain.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 07:33 AM
It's been a little obvious I'm not in the McCain-Palin camp the infrequent times I post here, but one of the points I couldn't help but make tonight was this: Gov. Palin's speech tonight wasn't so much for the country, but for the base, and I have to agree, she knocked it out of the park.

I think any doubts the base might have had about McCain's pick were wiped away with her fire, rhetoric, jabs and background. If I'm in the campaign, I send Palin to swing states right now and get her stumping.

There's a significant part of this country that looks at Palin and sees their mother or a mother they know. Say what you will about her experiences, but the fact is she has raised a family not unlike many Americans while working as a public servant and that's commendable.

I think she's a good orator who took a speech that was designed to solidify and energize the base and she performed. The next 60 days are going to be great for the country, and I think both campaigns start on relatively equal footing tomorrow.

I'm curious to see how much of a bump McCain, errr...Sarah Palin gets from the RNC. If it is not significant I'll be surprised.

TheProfessor
09-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm watching Biden right now and his response is great. Very slick. He's not pulling any stupid attacks and is acting like a Democrat should act. And he's getting after her the way he should.

Still not in Palin's league though.

Who knows though...if Democrats start acting like Democrats again and stand for something other than bashing Bush...anything could happen.

I'll have to see how much Obama and Biden make this about Bush...if they do it's going to blow up in their faces.
First, so you don't totally dismiss me, I agree she is an excellent speaker and did a very good job considering she had to save the convention at this point. But she did what she needed to, and that gives her credibility.

While Palin can help in select areas, Republicans still have major ground to make up. Minnesota and Iowa are now leaning Democratic, although we'll have to see what effect (if any) Palin can have in those areas. I could easily see Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada following suit, as Obama's carved out an advantage with Hispanics and McCain shot himself in the foot with his water distribution comments. I suspect she'll spend more time in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, maybe Michigan, and it will literally fall on her to bring in those blue-collar moms and win McCain the election. A tall order, but she's off to a good start.

mrsmaalox
09-04-2008, 08:29 AM

You think they're worried about humiliation? :lol

She can't be humiliated...get serious. We're talking the Whitehouse here.

Ok well think what you wish...but you will never see ROE V Wade overturned...it is a scare tactic, and the Clintons do want the Whitehouse back...both of them want it back. Because they think they're the best ones for it..and for the country.

I don't think I've ever heard (I admit I may have missed it) either Clinton use Roe v Wade as any kind of leverage to get themselves back into the Whitehouse.

whottt
09-04-2008, 09:17 AM
First, so you don't totally dismiss me, I agree she is an excellent speaker and did a very good job considering she had to save the convention at this point. But she did what she needed to, and that gives her credibility.

While Palin can help in select areas, Republicans still have major ground to make up. Minnesota and Iowa are now leaning Democratic, although we'll have to see what effect (if any) Palin can have in those areas. I could easily see Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada following suit, as Obama's carved out an advantage with Hispanics and McCain shot himself in the foot with his water distribution comments. I suspect she'll spend more time in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, maybe Michigan, and it will literally fall on her to bring in those blue-collar moms and win McCain the election. A tall order, but she's off to a good start.

She's freaking awesome IMO. American Politics has never seen the likes of her before. I think it's going to be a landslide. I think by the time November rolls around New York is going to be in play.

I've been wrong before though, once. I did think W would lose in a landslide in 2000.

whottt
09-04-2008, 09:23 AM
The thing is guys...she short circuts all the stuff the Democrats have been throwing at Bush.

You can't go after her on Iraq, her sons there. And the sexism tag is forever dead after seeing the way she is getting cheered.

She is pretty much bulletproof.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 09:33 AM
The thing is guys...she short circuts all the stuff the Democrats have been throwing at Bush.

You can't go after her on Iraq, her sons there. And the sexism tag is forever dead after seeing the way she is getting cheered.

She is pretty much bulletproof.

I disagree. She's in the game now and if the democrats really want to win they must go after her lack of foreign policy experience and the the fact that she is MORE conservative than McCain. No time to play softball with her and like I said. This is HER campaign now.

fyatuk
09-04-2008, 09:54 AM
In a free market the only true indicator is money. Which Republicans are ready to step up and collect what they see as FREE MONEY based upon their belief that McCain is going to win the election? Who turns down free money?

I'm not a republican, but I'd bet McCain was going to win.

If I actually had any money, that is.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2008, 09:58 AM
If conservatives think she hit a homerun with her petty insults then you are far worse off that I thought you were.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
She knew exactly what she needed to do.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/palingif.gif

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
She's freaking awesome IMO. American Politics has never seen the likes of her before. I think it's going to be a landslide. I think by the time November rolls around New York is going to be in play.

I've been wrong before though, once. I did think W would lose in a landslide in 2000.

Put your money where your mouth is IMO. Step up to the plate, Whottt.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Didn't I already offer you bet a few months ago?

For 50 bucks and I took it. Want to up the ante?

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
investing is not gambling.. i guess that is why mexicans don't invest and remain poor. they equate investing with lottery tickets.

Investing most certainly is gambling. It has a lower RoR involved than say the lotto but that doesn't mean its not gambling. And who says I'm poor?

angel_luv
09-04-2008, 12:10 PM

:tu

I don't like that it is acceptable and expected in our country that our presidents have speech writers- especially potential presidents, when all they are doing is campaigning.

I want to hear a candidate's views as he/ she is best able to express then to me.
I am not interested in how well someone can memorize/ read/ deliver someone else's speech.

If I want to see scripts acted out, I will watch a sitcom on television.

florige
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm curious to see how much of a bump McCain, errr...Sarah Palin gets from the RNC. If it is not significant I'll be surprised.

Obama is up like 9% now. The debates are going to be the key imo...

09-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Interesting take on Palin's speech last night (http://meganmcardle.theatlantic.com/)

I heard basically the same thing last night from a friend who grew up in the small-town south. They're all libertarian. They're all male. They all liked her. She speaks to the sense of people who didn't go to Ivy League schools that Harvard grads think they're not quite bright, and definitely not competent to run their own lives without a Yale man supervising things. And they're entirely right that a lot of Ivy League grads do think this way, consciously or unconsciously.

Sarah Palin just delivered that vote, in Wisconsin and Iowa and Ohio and Western New York. She just reinvigorated the base, and yes, in this election turnout will matter. She did a really good job. I may not like what she stands for, but I have to acknowledge its power--and yes, that frequently, the coastal elites earn the revulsion of Middle America. They don't, to coin a phrase, hate us for our freedoms--our homosexual coddling, abortion loving ways. They hate us because we act like we think we deserve to rule them.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Those 'small town south libertarians' weren't voting Obama anyway. They don't give a rat's ass about Ivy League Schools - they lapped it up about W. being a Harvard and Yale man (BOTH!) and being the first MBA Preznit.

'Male libertarians' are going to love Palin because she hunts and is masculine, yet in a cute package.

They were never going for Obama.

What McCain needs (he's the one running for president, I might add...) is to win independent women. Doesn't look like it's working.

And, btw, McArdle is a shill.

smeagol
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Investing most certainly is gambling. It has a lower RoR involved than say the lotto but that doesn't mean its not gambling. And who says I'm poor?

Investing is not gambling. Nevertheless, you can gamble in the stock market.

What I'm not sure is how you can say putting money in the bank is gambling? You might as well say that buying a house or a car is gambling too.

Findog
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM

With the knuckledraggers in that convention hall that represent 30% of the American public, she hit a grand slam. But there was an ugliness and pettiness to her tone that will not play well with moderates and independents. McCain needs the Republican base to win. She will surely help with that. He also needs the center. I don't see how she will be an asset there, if anything she is a detriment.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Investing is not gambling. Nevertheless, you can gamble in the stock market.

What I'm not sure is how you can say putting money in the bank is gambling? You might as well say that buying a house or a car is gambling too.

Edit: Nevermind. Investing is most definitely a form of gambling but I'm not going to argue the point anymore.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-04-2008, 04:20 PM
You might as well say that buying a house or a car is gambling too.

It all is, minus the car which I don't deem an investment.

With varying degrees of risk, there are varying degrees of gambling.

Oh, Gee!!
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Life's a gamble. Go All In!

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Maybe she did hit a homerun.

Palin raises $8 million — for Obama

Obama's coffers have been filling since Sarah Palin attacked him repeatedly in St. Paul last night.
An Obama aide confirms Drudge's report that Obama has raised about $8 million from more than 130,000 donors and is on pace to raise $10 million by the time McCain reaches the stage tonight.
UPDATE: Obama spokesman Bill Burton says, "Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected. And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grass-roots organization even stronger."

I told you Whottt, she motivated more than one base. Only one base is bigger and its not hers.

boutons_
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Update: Repugs claiming $1M received after Palin's lying, content-free speech.

8-to-1, I'll take that ratio every day.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I disagree. She's in the game now and if the democrats really want to win they must go after her lack of foreign policy experience and the the fact that she is MORE conservative than McCain. No time to play softball with her and like I said. This is HER campaign now.

I disagree. I think pursuing the experience issue will bite Obama in the ass and any attempts to lump her in with Bush just won't stick. The problem is that this really is HER campaign now. If the election is Obama versus McCain then Obama wins but right now it is Obama vs Superwoman. They need to get this back to Obama vs McCain and they need Palin to become as irrellavant as Biden will be. I don't see how they can pull that off.

ggoose25
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I donated. $10

PEP
09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
8-to-1, I'll take that ratio every day.

Ouch! I hope they use KY on you cuz I'm sure you're sore in the morning.

whottt
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe she did hit a homerun.

Palin raises $8 million — for Obama

Obama's coffers have been filling since Sarah Palin attacked him repeatedly in St. Paul last night.
An Obama aide confirms Drudge's report that Obama has raised about $8 million from more than 130,000 donors and is on pace to raise $10 million by the time McCain reaches the stage tonight.
UPDATE: Obama spokesman Bill Burton says, "Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected. And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grass-roots organization even stronger."

I told you Whottt, she motivated more than one base. Only one base is bigger and its not hers.

I don't see it that way, I see that as the Democrats were already charged up....Obama was already banking.

whottt
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Besides Manny...Obama has so many special interest groups behind him it's impossible to tell just where his funds are coming from. He's not getting most from individuals...it's Ron Paul that does that. Palin isn't tied to any special interest groups...

MannyIsGod
09-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Besides Manny...Obama has so many special interest groups behind him it's impossible to tell just where his funds are coming from. He's not getting most from individuals...it's Ron Paul that does that. Palin isn't tied to any special interest groups...

O Rly? Thats a severely outlandish claim so I'll let you clarify because I can think of SEVERAL special interest groups she's tied to.

whottt
09-05-2008, 12:48 AM
O Rly? Thats a severely outlandish claim so I'll let you clarify because I can think of SEVERAL special interest groups she's tied to.

:lmao I did say that wrong. I'll just say she's not in bed with the ones that gave Cheney such a bad rep.

whottt
09-05-2008, 12:49 AM
PS: those donations could also be interpreted as oh shit donations.

I am sorry Manny but that chick did not suck in that speech.

MannyIsGod
09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
PS: those donations could also be interpreted as oh shit donations.

I am sorry Manny but that chick did not suck in that speech.

Where did you get that I thought she sucked? She did well but I think she's playing the wrong game. They are playing to the base right now, and the Republican base is not going to win this election. This is not 2004.

Jelly
09-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Palin's speech... from an Alaskan's POV...

http://www.andrewhalcro.com/grading_palins_speech_a

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Looks like Palin isn't a fan of transparency.

She hands out gag orders like breath mints.

JoeChalupa
09-05-2008, 04:41 PM
We'll have to wait and see how she does on the campaign trail. Only time will tell.

JoeChalupa
09-05-2008, 04:51 PM

Much of his money comes from small donors like myself. Oh yeah!!

Ocotillo
09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe her role in the campaign is going to be fund raising for the RNC and down-ticket races. By choosing a female version of Ann Coulter as his Veep, McCain has gotten the extremists within the party excited.

This up coming Sunday McCain, Biden and Obama will be on Sunday talk shows. Palin, she is off in Alaska cramming one would presume. Fox has a fluff piece planned for her as well.

Obama's organization is masterful compared to Johnny Mac's and the ground game is where he is going to win this thing.

Palin will be the red meat stump speaker out there. The thing is, she is going to excite the Ditto heads so much that she will likely be the leading candidate for the GOP nomination for 2012. Palin may be the Messiah to you wingnuts but the ticket is still going down in defeat in November. Like MacArthur said of old soldiers, McCain will "just fade away".

That leaves the Mitt, Huck and the Moose Killer as the the likely three coming after the nod in 2012. Give it up Mitt, all your money isn't going to convince enough of the Hagee types to support a Mormon.

Anyway, I'm biased and did not like the content of her speech but I do recognize that it gives the rejected conservatives a hard on again about something. Recall, the conservatives hated McCain yet he prevailed in the GOP race. What does that say about how many are in the "base"?

2centsworth
09-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Much of his money comes from small donors like myself. Oh yeah!!

yeah, I saw all of the 5-14 year olds who donated $2000 each.:rolleyes

hitmanyr2k
09-05-2008, 04:58 PM
We'll have to wait and see how she does on the campaign trail. Only time will tell.

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/09/no_questions_please_were.html

It seems to me that the McCain campaign is going to hide her. They realize she really knows nothing on the issues so they're going to keep her going with the scripted speeches until they can coach her enough to answer the tough questions. And she's supposed to be 2nd in command of this country? Have mercy :lol

MannyIsGod
10-30-2008, 03:01 AM

:)

whottt
10-30-2008, 05:33 AM
So the night after the big sales pitch Manny is bumping month and a half old Palin threads?

Damn...that infomercial must have sucked.

Maybe they should have gotten Dave Del Dotto to do it.

FromWayDowntown
10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Warning Track power thread.

hater
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM

thanks for bumping this

cheguevara
10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Palin can go to Cuba and continue her career there. I am sure Castro will give her a place right under him or maybe even on top.