PDA

View Full Version : Palin's teleprompter stopped working

whottt
09-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Halfway through her speech....or so some of the reports are saying.

Yes my dear D's...it does get worse.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I heard that too but she had it pretty much memorized and she was on a roll. Good job.

Bartleby
09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Wow! She remembered her speech. I guess she's ready after all.

whottt
09-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Wow! She remembered her speech. I guess she's ready after all.

ACmxd2ZVkLM

Idiot.

Bartleby
09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
This irony is delicious, isn't it?

-and since when did you start signing your posts?

florige
09-04-2008, 07:59 AM
They can say anything. That doesn't mean it's true. Until I see a behind shot of her and the teleprompter screen blank I call BS.

AZLouis
09-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I watched the speech on MSNBC and every now and then they would show the angle from behind her and you could see the teleprompter was working.

cool hand
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
revisionist pat on the back........these guys will do anything to create an edge.

romsho
09-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Halfway through her speech....or so some of the reports are saying.

Yes my dear D's...it does get worse.

No way...she's F-ing incredible! Let us all bend over and bow to the superiority that is whatever crap sandwich the republican party decides to serve...never mind the ass rape of the last eight years. Water under the bridge.

whottt
09-04-2008, 08:13 AM
:lol like you guys could have done it.

robino2001
09-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I watched the speech on MSNBC and every now and then they would show the angle from behind her and you could see the teleprompter was working.

the nbc feed showed her with the teleprompter multiple time throughout the speech to where you could see what she was going to say next.... therefore not buying this one

florige
09-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I can't WAIT until the debates start so we won't have to worry about who's speech was written well, or who's teleprompter was or wasn't working for ALL these assholes.......

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Bush mumbles and bumbles with the best of them. End of story.

tlongII
09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
They can say anything. That doesn't mean it's true. Until I see a behind shot of her and the teleprompter screen blank I call BS.

You want to see a behind shot of her too, huh?

whottt
09-04-2008, 09:50 AM

Bush and Cheney have been such easy targets....totally new ballgame now that the Republicans actually have someone likeable, and that isn't a dumbass.

lurker
09-04-2008, 09:58 AM
PALIN: "Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems - as if we all didn't know that already. But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all."

REALITY: PALIN SAID SHE WOULD BEG TO DISAGREE WITH ANY CANDIDATE WHO SAID WE CAN'T DRILL OUR WAY OUT OF OUR PROBLEM

Palin Said She Would Beg to Disagree With Candidate Who Said We Can't Drill Our Way Out of Our Problem. Asked by Invester's Business Daily "Some politicians and presidential candidates say we can't drill our way out of our energy problem and that drilling in ANWR will have no effect. What's your best guess of the impact on prices?" Palin responded, "I beg to disagree with any candidate who would say we can't drill our way out of our problem or that more supply won't ultimately affect prices. Of course it will affect prices. Energy being a global market, it's impossible to venture a guess on (specific) prices." [Investor's Business Daily, 7/11/08]

PALIN: "In fact, I told Congress -- I told Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that bridge to nowhere."

REALITY: PALIN WAS FOR THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE BEFORE SHE WAS AGAINST IT.

October 2006" Palin Supported Bridge To Nowhere. In 2006, Palin was asked, "Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?" She responded, "Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now--while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist." [Anchorage, 10/22/06, republished 08/29/08]

2006: Palin: Don't Allow "Spinmeisters" To Turn Bridge To Nowhere Project "Into Something That's So Negative." "Part of my agenda is making sure that Southeast is heard. That your projects are important. That we go to bat for Southeast when we're up against federal
influences that aren't in the best interest of Southeast.' She cited the widespread negative attention focused on the Gravina Island crossing project. 'We need to come to the defense of Southeast Alaska when proposals are on the table like the bridge and not allow the
spinmeisters to turn this project or any other into something that's so negative,' Palin said." [Ketchikan Daily News, 10/2/06]

REALITY: PALIN ONLY ANNOUNCED OPPOSITION TO ONE "BRIDGE TO NOWHERE," STILL SUPPORTS THE OTHER ONE

Palin Refused to Fund Ketchikan Bridge, But Did Not Stop Funding for Knik Arm Bridge." Among the earmarks: $449 million for what critics have ridiculed as two 'bridges to nowhere' -- one in Ketchikan and one across Knik Arm in Anchorage formally named Don Young's Way. Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, also a Republican, last month refused to use any more money for the Ketchikan project, redirecting it for other purposes." [Anchorage Daily News,11/11/07]

As Recently as June, State Asking for Cost Estimate Proposals for Knik Arm. "An independent party will be called in to look at one of the most elusive aspects of a proposed bridge linking Anchorage and Mat-Su: the price tag. Gordon Keith, regional director for the state Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, said his office will be putting the job of estimating the cost of the controversial project out for bids in coming weeks. He said the task of coming up with a price could cost up to $200,000 and take up to 3½ months. 'The issue keeps swirling around, so we thought it best to go ahead and do an independent estimate,' he said. The cost to get the estimate is going to be high 'if you want to do it correctly,' he said. The cost of a span reaching across Knik Arm from Anchorage to Point MacKenzie has ranged over the years from $450 million to $1 billion, depending on what kind of bridge is envisioned and what starting date is plugged into the formula… Randy Ruaro, a special assistant to Gov. Sarah
Palin, said the administration, even in the face of the recent lengthy report from the bridge authority, was having trouble getting an accurate picture of everything that is involved in the project, of the timing of the phases, and of the costs. He said the independent estimate is expected to answer those questions. Mary Ann Pease, spokeswoman for the authority, said she welcomes the effort to get updated costs." [Anchorage Daily News, 6/22/08]

lurker
09-04-2008, 09:58 AM
PALIN: "Senator McCain also promises to use the power of veto in defense of the public interest - and as a chief executive, I can assure you it works."

REALITY: PALIN OPPOSED CRUCIAL EDUCATION, HEALTH CARE AND SENIORS FUNDING

EDUCATION/CHILDREN

Total: 396,000.

Anchorage - Fire Lake Elementary School Replacement of Unsafe Sports Equipment. Palin vetoed $10,000. [FY08 Budget]

Tanana City School District - Repair School Bus. Palin vetoed $36,000. [FY08 Budget]

American Lung Association of Alaska - Asthma Control Program and Champ Camp. Palin voted $350,000. [FY08 Budget]

HOSPITALS/HEALTH CARE

Total: $4,527,500.

Ketchikan General Hospital Surgical Suite Expansion/Relocation. Palin vetoed $4,400,000. [FY09 Budget]

Ketchikan General Hospital - Replacement of Outdated Equipment. Palin vetoed $70,000. [2007 Legislature Supplemental]

Sitka - Community Hospital - Medical Equipment. Palin vetoed $31,000. [2007 Legislature Supplemental]

Kenai Peninsula Borough - Diagnostic Hospital Equipment. Palin vetoed $26,500. [2007 Legislature Supplemental]

SENIORS

Total: $600,000.

Ketchikan Senior Citizens, Inc. - Access Road for Pioneer Heights. Palin vetoed $300,000. [FY08 Budget]

AARP Ketchikan - Access Road for Ketchikan Senior Housing Project Palin vetoed $100,000. [2007 Legislature Supplemental]

Catholic Community Services - Angoon Senior Center Stove, Refrigerator and Freezer. Palin vetoed $20,000 twice. [FY08 Budget, 2007 Legislature Supplemental]

Alpha Omega Life Care, Inc. - Delivery Van and Moveable Building. Palin vetoed $20,000. [FY09 Budget]

Older Persons Action Group - Senior Voice Equipment Upgrade. Palin vetoed $20,000. [FY09 Budget]

Statewide Independent Living Centers - Assistive Technology for Alaska's Centers for Independent Living. Palin vetoed $125,000. [FY09 Budget]

Kodiak Senior Center - Facilities repair and Equipment. Palin vetoed $15,000. [2007 Legislature Supplemental]

PALIN: "Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown."

REALITY: UNDER PALIN, WASILLA GOVERNMENT SPENDING & DEBT SKYROCKETED.

Total Government Expenditures Increased 63 Percent Under Palin. In fiscal 2003-the last fiscal year Palin approved the budget-the total government expenditures of Wasilla, excluding capital outlays, were $7,046,325. In fiscal 1996-the year before Palin took control of the
budget-the expenditures were $4,317,947. The increase was 63 percent. [Wasilla Comprehensive Annual Financial Report 2003, Table 1]

Palin Supported Increasing Wasilla Sales Tax From 2 to 2.5 Percent to Build $14.7 Million Sports Center. "Wasilla residents have given the go ahead to building a new multiuse sports center in town and to raising the city sales tax to pay for it. With the final votes counted
Friday, residents voted 306 to 286 in favor of a measure to raise the city sales tax from 2 percent to 2.5 percent to pay the estimated $14.7 million cost of building the center…Mayor Sarah Palin, who supported the measure, said the tight vote will motivate city officials to keep a close eye on the budget for the center." [Anchorage Daily News, 3/9/02]

Palin Left Behind Almost $19 Million In Long-Term Debt, Compared to None Before She Was Mayor. In fiscal 2003-the last fiscal year Palin approved the budget-the bonded long-term debt was $18,635,000. In fiscal 1996-the year before Palin took control of the budget-there was no general obligation debt. [Wasilla Comprehensive Annual Financial Report 2003, Table 10]

lurker
09-04-2008, 09:59 AM
PALIN: "It was the spirit that brought me to the governor's office, when I took on the old politics as usual in Juneau … when I stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies, and the good-ol' boys network."

REALITY: PALIN HAS A LT. GOVERNOR WHO IS A FORMER OIL LOBBYIST, HIRED
WASILLA'S FIRST FEDERAL LOBBYIST (A FORMER STEVENS STAFFER) & HAD THE
SUPPORT OF ENTRENCHED ALASKA POLITICIANS DURING HER 2006 RACE.

Palin's Oil & Gas Appointee Is Former Lobbyist for TransCanada. "Marty Rutherford, who leads Gov. Sarah Palin's gas pipeline team, made $40,200 in 2003 while consulting in Juneau for a pipeline subsidiary of TransCanada. TransCanada is one of the companies bidding for a state license to build a pipeline to carry gas to market from Alaska's North Slope. It's not a disqualifier, but the past connection deserves a second thought." [Anchorage Daily News editorial, 12/15/07]

Palin "Counting on Her Lieutenant Governor Candidate… Former Oil Lobbyist" to Help Win Oil Industry Support. "The defiantly grass-roots nature of the campaign may have distanced her from certain traditional centers of power in Alaska. The oil industry is one -- but the
campaign says it is counting on her lieutenant governor candidate, Parnell, a former oil lobbyist and legislator, to help there." [Anchorage Daily News, 10/24/06]

Palin's Former Chief of Staff is Stevens' Campaign Manager. "Monegan says pressure came from those around Palin, including former Palin chief-of-staff Mike Tibbles, Department of Administration Commissioner Annette Kreitzer, and director of boards and commissions Frank Bailey. Tibbles, who is now the campaign manager for Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, said Friday he couldn't comment on whether he spoke to Monegan about Wooten." [Anchorage Daily, 7/19/08]

As Mayor, Palin Hired a Washington Lobbyist to Help Get Earmarks for Wasilla - Lobbyist Was Former Chief of Staff for Indicted Senator Ted Stevens. "And as mayor of the small town of Wasilla from 1996 to 2002, Palin also hired a Washington lobbying firm that helped secure $8 million in congressionally directed spending projects, known as earmarks, according to public spending records compiled by the watchdog group Citizens Against Government Waste and lobbying documents. Wasilla's lobbying firm was headed by Steven Silver - a former chief of staff to Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, a key proponent of the bridge project." [USA Today, 8/31/08]

The Usual Alaska Suspects - Ted Stevens, Don Young, And Lisa Murkowski Fundraised For Palin. "Will we see Ted Stevens stumping for Sarah Palin? Palin said this morning that Stevens appeared at a fund-raiser for her in Ketchikan and gave a speech about 'moving Alaska forward.' But does that mean he'll pop up in any advertisements? (Remember his arguably pivotal role at the end of the Knowles and Murkowski Senate race?) Palin said she doubts it and hasn't asked… She said Don Young came to one of her fund-raisers two days ago, and she expects Lisa Murkowski at an upcoming event. Tonight she planned to talk with John Binkley, who she says is writing a letter to his supporters on her behalf, and she planned to meet with Frank Murkowski tomorrow morning." ["The Trail" blog, Anchorage Daily News, 10/13/06]

In Her 2002 Campaign for Lieutenant Governor, Palin Raised 'About 10 Percent Of Her Campaign Fund' From Veco, An Oil Company At the Heart of Federal Investigation. "While mayor of Wasilla, Palin ran for lieutenant governor in 2002. She gathered $5,000 -- or about 10
percent of her campaign fund -- from Veco officials or their wives along the way." [Anchorage Daily News, 9/6/06]

PALIN: "I came to office promising major ethics reform, to end the culture of self-dealing. And today, that ethics reform is the law."

REALITY: PALIN SIGNED WEAK ETHICS REFORM BILL & HAS HAD NUMEROUS
ETHICAL FLAPS OF HER OWN.

Palin Signed Ethics Reform Legislation That Anchorage Republican Bob Roses Said Didn't Go Far Enough. "An ethics reform package for state officials was signed into law Monday by Gov. Sarah Palin, just minutes after a former state representative was convicted on seven federal
extortion and bribery counts. Palin said the law will help re-establish trust between the public and elected officials by improving on existing statutes. … Ethics reform had been a recurring theme throughout Palin's election campaign, and she pushed hard for the bill to become a bipartisan effort in the Legislature this session. She said she remains determined to clean up Alaska politics. … Rep. Bob Roses, R-Anchorage, who succeed Anderson in the Legislature when Anderson didn't seek re-election in 2006, said the law didn't go far enough. Campaign contributions should be available for immediate public scrutiny, he said, and all contributions should be reported, even those below the current $1,000 threshold. 'Quite frankly, I thought some of the things should have been a little tighter than what they were, but this is a first step,' he said." [The Associated Press State & Local Wire, 7/10/07]

AUGUST 2008: Ethics Complaint Filed Against Gov. Palin Over Alleged Involvement in Hiring a Campaign Contributor. In August 2008, former state House member Andree McLeod filed against Gov. Sarah Palin and her staff today with the Attorney General's Office. It accuses the
governor's office of using its pull to get a Palin supporter hired to a [Department of Transportation] job in Fairbanks." McLeod said "'Executive branch employee shouldn't be getting involved in the recruitment process unless it's based on merit,' said Andree McLeod,
who wrote the complaint based on a series of e-mails between members of Palin's team…The complaint accuses Palin, her acting chief of staff and others of breaking executive ethics branch and hiring rules. It centers on the hiring of surveyor Tom Lamal, who once co-hosted a
Palin fundraiser, for a state right-of-way agent job in Fairbanks."

The complaint is available at http://community.adn.com/...nity.adn.com/files/McLeod
Ethics Complaint1.pdf [Anchorage Daily News, http://community.adn.com/adn/node/128527,
8/6/08; Anchorage Daily News, http://www.adn.com/front/story/486163.html, 8/7/08]

July 2008: Special Counsel Appointed Last Month to Investigate Palin Abuse of Power Claim. In July 2008, the Alaska State Legislator voted 12-0 to approve $100,000 for a special investigator to begin an investigation into claims Palin fired a former state official because
he would not fire a state trooper who was involved in a bitter custody battle with Palin's sister. The legislator's intent was to investigate the events surrounding the termination of former Dept. of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan and potential abuses of power
and improper action by Palin and her administration. [KTVA 11, 07/28/08]

lurker
PALIN: "I suspended the state fuel tax, and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress."

REALITY: ALASKA HAS REQUESTED $589 MILLION IN PORK SINCE PALIN TOOK
OFFICE & AS MAYOR, SHE HIRED WASILLA'S FIRST FEDERAL LOBBYIST TO
SECURE EARMARKS FOR THE TOWN.

Over $589 Million in Federal Pork Requests During Palin's Tenure as Governor. According to Citizens Against Government Waste, www.cagw.org, under Palin's tenure as Governor the state of Alaska has asked for $589,599,715 in pork barrel projects. [2007 and 2008 Pig Book, www.cagw.org]

Alaska Has Sought 31 Earmarks Worth $197.8 Million in Next Year's Federal Budget. "But under her leadership, the state of Alaska has requested 31 earmarks worth $197.8 million in next year's federal budget, according to the website of Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), the
former chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee." [LA Times, 9/1/08]

As Mayor, Palin Hired a Washington Lobbyist to Help Get Millions in Earmarks for Wasilla - Lobbyist Was Former Chief of Staff for Indicted Senator Ted Stevens. "And as mayor of the small town of Wasilla from 1996 to 2002, Palin also hired a Washington lobbying firm that helped secure $8 million in congressionally directed spending projects, known as earmarks, according to public spending records compiled by the watchdog group Citizens Against Government Waste and lobbying documents. Wasilla's lobbying firm was headed by Steven Silver - a former chief of staff to Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, a key proponent of the bridge project." [USA Today, 8/31/08]

Under Palin, Wasilla Received $26.9 Million in Earmarks. "As mayor of Wasilla, Palin made regular trips to Washington seeking federal aid. The city received $26.9 million in earmarks during her tenure from fiscal year 2000 to 2003, according to the nonpartisan
Taxpayers for Common Sense, which tracks pork barrel spending." [LA Times, 9/2/08]

McCain Criticized Earmarks that Palin Sought as Mayor. "Three times in recent years, McCain's catalogs of "objectionable" spending have included earmarks for this small Alaska town, requested by its mayor at the time -- Sarah Palin… In 2001, McCain's list of spending that
had been approved without the normal budget scrutiny included a $500,000 earmark for a public transportation project in Wasilla. The Arizona senator targeted $1 million in a 2002 spending bill for an emergency communications center in town -- one that local law enforcement has said is redundant and creates confusion. McCain also criticized $450,000 set aside for an agricultural processing facility in Wasilla that was requested during Palin's tenure as mayor and cleared Congress soon after she left office in 2002. The funding was
provided to help direct locally grown produce to schools, prisons and other government institutions, according to Taxpayers for Common Sense, a nonpartisan watchdog group." [LA Times, 9/3/08]

PALIN: "But we are expected to govern with integrity, and goodwill, and clear convictions…"

REALITY: PALIN UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR ABUSE OF POWER.

Former State Official Accused Palin, Palin's Former Chief of Staff and Current Ted Stevens Campaign Manager and Palin's Husband Of Pressuring Him to Fire Trooper. In July 2008, former state official Walt Monegan accused Palin, Palin's former Chief of Staff and current Stevens' campaign manager Mike Tibbles and husband Todd Palin of pressuring him
to fire Palin sister's ex-husband Mike Wooten. [Anchorage Daily News, 07/18/08]

July 2008: Special Counsel Appointed Last Month to Investigate Palin Abuse of Power Claim. In July 2008, the Alaska State Legislator voted 12-0 to approve $100,000 for a special investigator to begin an investigation into claims Palin fired a former state official because
he would not fire a state trooper who was involved in a bitter custody battle with Palin's sister. The legislator's intent was to investigate the events surrounding the termination of former Dept. of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan and potential abuses of power and improper action by Palin and her administration. [KTVA 11, 07/28/08]

PALIN: "As Governor, I have a record of being a strong fiscal conservative and have vetoed millions in special projects pushed by legislators."

Palin Increased Taxes on Oil Companies to Pay for $1,200 Giveaway to Every Resident in the State. "One of her most significant accomplishments as governor was passing a major tax increase on state oil production, angering oil companies but raising billions of dollars
in new revenue. She said the oil companies had previously bribed legislators to keep the taxes low. She subsequently championed legislation that would give some of that money back to Alaskans: Soon, every Alaskan will receive a $1,200 check." [New York Times, 8/30/08]

PALIN: "I understand that we must reduce our dependence on foreign energy. I've worked with our state's energy producers to expand our production so that we can have a safe, reliable supply of energy produced here in the United States."

REALITY: PALIN SUPPORTED EXPORTING NATURAL GAS WHILE ALASKA BUSINESSES
CLOSED BECAUSE OF SHORTAGES

Palin Backed A Two-Year Extension Of The Export License To Export Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) To Japan And Other Asian Countries- Criticized Because Alaska's Gas Reserves Are Declining. "Alaska producers can continue shipping gas to Asia after DOE last week approved an extension of the export license for the Kenai liquefied natural gas plant owned by ConocoPhillips and Marathon. The companies will be allowed to export up to 98.1 Bcf to Japan and other Pacific Rim countries over a two-year period through March 31, 2011. […] The
application came under fire from local end-users, including gas distribution companies Enstar and the Chugach Electric Association, as well as fertilizer maker Agrium, all of which claimed the exports would exacerbate the problem of declining gas reserves in south-central Alaska. Agrium permanently closed its plant near Kenai due to an inability to find enough local supply for the facility that used 53 Bcf/year. In January, ConocoPhillips and Marathon reached a deal in which they agreed to step up development in the Cook Inlet region in return for the state's support of the export license extension. The producers also agreed to divert gas from the LNG plant as needed to meet the peak winter supply needs of the local utilities. […] Alaska Governor Sarah Palin welcomed the DOE approval. "In these times of economic uncertainty, this is great news for the state and its residents. This extension will secure a future for the LNG operation and is another step toward ensuring energy supplies and energy security for Alaska," the Republican Governor said. [Platts Inside FERC, 6/9/08]
Press Release, 6/26/06]

· Agrium Closed Manufacturing Plant Because Of Gas Shortage. "Reserves of gas in producing fields in Southcentral Alaska aredeclining, posing concerns for supply to local utilities. Amanufacturing plant on the Kenai Peninsula owned by Agrium Corp.recently announced it would close because the gas shortage." [AlaskaJournal Of Commerce, 11/25/07]

· Gov. Palin: Agrium Closure Is Unfortunate. "Agrium announcedyesterday that the plant will close in December due to a shortage inthe supply of Cook Inlet natural gas, leaving about 100 of the 140employees without employment. 'It's unfortunate to see the closure ofa facility that has provided so many jobs that support families on thePeninsula,' said Governor Palin. 'I am heartened to hear that Agriumis willing to keep its options open if sufficient long-term suppliesof gas can be found. We know there is more gas to be found anddeveloped in Cook Inlet, so I remain hopeful that those jobs can bepreserved.'" [Palin press release, 9/26/07]

lurker
PALIN: "And despite fierce opposition from oil company lobbyists, whokind of liked things the way they were, we broke their monopoly onpower and resources." This

REALITY: PALIN IS CLOSE TO THE OIL INDUSTRY

Sierra Club Director Carl Pope Said "No One is Closer to the OilIndustry Than Governor Palin." "No one is closer to the oil industrythan Governor Palin," said Carl Pope, executive director of the SierraClub in comments reflecting the views of a cross section ofenvironmental activists. They cite her eagerness to embrace expandedoffshore oil development, her lawsuit against further protection ofpolar bears so as not to hinder oil drilling in Alaska's ice-filledwaters and her ardent support to allow oil companies into the Alaskawildlife refuge. [Associated Press, August 30, 2008]

Palin Took $13,000 from Lobbyists Representing the Oil Industry in Her2006 Campaign for Governor. The lobbyists who donated to her campaignrepresent a range of industries, including oil and gas, tobacco,education and the Native Alaskan community. "She's fought oilcompanies and party bosses and do-nothing bureaucrats and anyone whoputs their interests before the interests of the people she swore anoath to serve," Mr. McCain said Friday at an Ohio rally to introduceher as his running mate. But since Mrs. Palin leads a major oil-producing state, that industry is one of her top donors. Shecollected nearly $13,000 from lobbyists who represent oil and gasindustries in her primary and general campaigns, according a review ofher campaign donations and 2006 registered state lobbyists.[Washington Times, September 1, 2008]

PALIN: "Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we'regoing to lay more pipelines … build more new-clear plants … createjobs with clean coal … and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal,and other alternative sources."

REALITY: PALIN CUT FUNDING FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY

2007: Palin Vetoed $20 Million Toward A Fire Island Wind Farm Project."[Sen. Hollis] French and [Anchorage Mayor Mark] Begich both lamentedthe [Palin] veto of $20 million toward a Fire Island wind farm projectand connecting transmission lines. That money was part of RailbeltEnergy Fund cash that Palin said she doesn't want to spend until astudy on energy needs is finished." [Anchorage Daily News (Alaska),7/30/07]

2008: Palin Cut $20 Million For Chugach Electric Association WindFarm. As part of a large package of budget cuts, in June 2007, Gov.Sarah Palin, R-AK, cut $20 million in funding for a Chugach ElectricAssociation wind farm. The funding was expected to come from a fundcalled the Railbelt Energy Fund. Palin said she cut the $20 millionbecause she wanted more information before dipping into the RailbeltEnergy Fund. [Anchorage Daily News, 6/30/08]

PALIN: "Taxes are too high … he wants to raise them."

REALITY: PALIN HAS REPEATEDLY SUPPORTED TAX INCREASES

Palin Supported Increasing Wasilla Sales Tax From 2 to 2.5 Percent toBuild $14.7 Million Sports Center. "Wasilla residents have given thego ahead to building a new multiuse sports center in town and toraising the city sales tax to pay for it. With the final votes countedFriday, residents voted 306 to 286 in favor of a measure to raise thecity sales tax from 2 percent to 2.5 percent to pay the estimated$14.7 million cost of building the center…Mayor Sarah Palin, whosupported the measure, said the tight vote will motivate cityofficials to keep a close eye on the budget for thecenter." [Anchorage Daily News, 3/9/02]

Palin Increased Taxes on Oil Companies to Pay for $1,200 Giveaway toEvery Resident in the State. "One of her most significantaccomplishments as governor was passing a major tax increase on stateoil production, angering oil companies but raising billions of dollarsin new revenue. She said the oil companies had previously bribedlegislators to keep the taxes low. She subsequently championedlegislation that would give some of that money back to Alaskans: Soon,every Alaskan will receive a $1,200 check." [New York Times, 8/30/08]

PALIN: "It was just a year ago when all the experts in Washingtoncounted out our nominee because he refused to hedge his commitment tothe security of the country he loves.

With their usual certitude, they told us that all was lost - there wasno hope for this candidate who said that he would rather lose anelection than see his country lose a war.

But the pollsters and pundits overlooked just one thing when theywrote him off.

They overlooked the caliber of the man himself - the determination,resolve, and sheer guts of Senator John McCain. The voters knewbetter."

REALITY: PALIN COUNTED MCCAIN OUT TWICE

February 2008: Palin Wouldn't Endorse McCain. "Top Alaska Republicanswere downcast Thursday as Mitt Romney suspended his presidentialcampaign just two days after overwhelmingly winning the state partycaucus. Romney's decision makes it nearly certain Arizona Sen. JohnMcCain will be the party's nominee for president. McCain finished deadlast in the Alaska Republican preference poll, behind Romney, MikeHuckabee and Ron Paul. McCain opposes drilling in the Arctic NationalWildlife Refuge and has repeatedly battled with Sen. Ted Stevens overfederal spending on Alaska projects… Republican Gov. Sarah Palin saidshe won't make an endorsement until she can speak to McCain.[Anchorage Daily News (Alaska), 2/3/08]

July 2007: Palin Was Waiting For A New Player In GOP Primary. 'A lotof us are sitting back and waiting to see if there will be new playersin there,' Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said. 'That's probably why that boxthat says 'none of the above' is so popular right now.' [TheAssociated Press State & Local Wire, 7/23/07]

Palin Couldn't Support McCain Because Of His Opposition To ANWR. "SomeAlaska Republicans are conflicted over McCain, including Gov. SarahPalin. They like his maverick reputation and military background butnot his opposition to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.'She said she'd like to support McCain but felt she couldn't at thisparticular time because of his stand on ANWR,' said the governor'sspokeswoman, Sharon Leighow." [Anchorage Daily News (Alaska), 2/3/08]

PALIN: "They are the ones who do some of the hardest work in America …who grow our food, run our factories, and fight our wars."

Palin Backed A Two-Year Extension Of The Export License To ExportLiquefied Natural Gas (LNG) To Japan And Other Asian Countries-Criticized Because Alaska's Gas Reserves Are Declining. "Alaskaproducers can continue shipping gas to Asia after DOE last weekapproved an extension of the export license for the Kenai liquefiednatural gas plant owned by ConocoPhillips and Marathon. The companieswill be allowed to export up to 98.1 Bcf to Japan and other PacificRim countries over a two-year period through March 31, 2011. […] Theapplication came under fire from local end-users, including gasdistribution companies Enstar and the Chugach Electric Association, aswell as fertilizer maker Agrium, all of which claimed the exportswould exacerbate the problem of declining gas reserves in south-central Alaska. Agrium permanently closed its plant near Kenai due toan inability to find enough local supply for the facility that used 53Bcf/year. In January, ConocoPhillips and Marathon reached a deal inwhich they agreed to step up development in the Cook Inlet region inreturn for the state's support of the export license extension. Theproducers also agreed to divert gas from the LNG plant as needed tomeet the peak winter supply needs of the local utilities. […] AlaskaGovernor Sarah Palin welcomed the DOE approval. "In these times ofeconomic uncertainty, this is great news for the state and itsresidents. This extension will secure a future for the LNG operationand is another step toward ensuring energy supplies and energysecurity for Alaska," the Republican governor said. [Platts InsideFERC, 6/9/08]

· Agrium Closed Manufacturing Plant Because Of Gas Shortage."Reserves of gas in producing fields in Southcentral Alaska aredeclining, posing concerns for supply to local utilities. Amanufacturing plant on the Kenai Peninsula owned by Agrium Corp.recently announced it would close because the gas shortage." [AlaskaJournal Of Commerce, 11/25/07]

· Gov. Palin: Agrium Closure Is Unfortunate. "Agrium announcedyesterday that the plant will close in December due to a shortage inthe supply of Cook Inlet natural gas, leaving about 100 of the 140employees without employment. 'It's unfortunate to see the closure ofa facility that has provided so many jobs that support families on thePeninsula,' said Governor Palin. 'I am heartened to hear that Agriumis willing to keep its options open if sufficient long-term suppliesof gas can be found. We know there is more gas to be found anddeveloped in Cook Inlet, so I remain hopeful that those jobs can bepreserved.'" [Palin press release, 9/26/07]

lurker
09-04-2008, 10:00 AM
So many lies in her speech it won't even allow me to post them all. :lol

http://www.samefacts.com/archives/campaign_2008_/2008/09/palin_v_reality.php

whottt
09-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeap...this woman is as dirty as they come...I bet that's not even her baby.

Anti.Hero
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
That's not even her husband. He's a Russian male-order model man.

JoeChalupa
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
She knows how to work up a crowd.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/palingif.gif

clambake
09-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeap...this woman is as dirty as they come...I bet that's not even her baby.

doesn't even matter. she won't have to care for the child financially or emotionally.

J.T.
09-04-2008, 10:20 AM
If she poses for Hustler the third Bush regime ticket will win in a landslide.

Anti.Hero
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
If she poses for Hustler the third Bush regime ticket will win in a landslide.

4 mo years 4 mo years 4 mo years yes we can :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM

ACmxd2ZVkLM

i know what you mean

JohnnyMarzetti
09-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Dumbya couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag. What an idiot.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
PALIN: "As Governor, I have a record of being a strong fiscal conservative and have vetoed millions in special projects pushed by legislators."

Palin Increased Taxes on Oil Companies to Pay for $1,200 Giveaway to Every Resident in the State. "One of her most significant accomplishments as governor was passing a major tax increase on state oil production, angering oil companies but raising billions of dollars
in new revenue. She said the oil companies had previously bribed legislators to keep the taxes low. She subsequently championed legislation that would give some of that money back to Alaskans: Soon, every Alaskan will receive a $1,200 check." [New York Times, 8/30/08]

doesn't obamessiden want to do this same thing?....oh i'm sorry he wants to take it from the energy companies.....and he just wants to give $1000 back to people.

please forgive me.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM

ACmxd2ZVkLM

i know what you mean

Mr. Peabody
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
The Republican blogger at Politico has debunked the myth.

The teleprompter did not break

Sarah Palin delivered a powerful speech last night, but she did not "wing it."

That is what Erick Erickson, citing sources close to McCain, has written on his blog, RedState.

Erickson writes that "the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech."

This claim has been picked up on Drudge and could quickly enter into the insta-mythmaking about a speech that need not be embroidered.

Perhaps there were moments where it scrolled slightly past her exact point in the speech. But I was sitting in the press section next to the stage, within easy eyeshot of the teleprompter. I frequently looked up at the machine, and there was no serious malfunction. A top convention-planner confirms this morning that there were no major problems.

Erickson writes that the same malfunction happened during Rudy Giuliani's speech earlier in the night. Again, I watched the teleprompter during this speech and it worked without problem. Giuliani, as is his wont, simply decided to go off-script and add some new lines, such as one attacking Obama for his "bitter" comments.

These extemporaneous comments, many of which drew huge applause, made the former New York mayor's speech run much longer than planned. So much so, that a convention-planner confirms that they had to scrap a planned video ahead of Palin's speech.

romad_20
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
No offense to the topic starter, but she had pieces of paper in front of her that she was flipping through throughout the speech. So if the teleprompter broke, they already had a backup plan in place.

SpursFanFirst
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Just because the prompter was in the right spot the few times you saw it, doesn't mean it was ALWAYS in the right spot.
I work with a prompter person daily. Sometimes they keep up with the anchor...sometimes, not.

Hook Dem
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Another intellegent comment from 'ol Johnny!:lmao

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 12:51 PM
So because the speech was a series of 'zingers' fit for standing over a sink with the other 6th grade gossips in the girls' room, had no heft, talked about no policies, and was just catty -- they're trying to blame this on Palin making it up?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-04-2008, 01:12 PM
....... talked about no policies,

....and biden talked about policies during his speech?...........plus i thought both these people in question are the VP.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
....and biden talked about policies during his speech?...........plus i thought both these people in question are the VP.

We know Biden's policies. He's been around forever.

Palin is a baby in national terms. This was her introduction. And it's not just her - there's not been any policy discussed at all in the RNC. None. Nothing. Nada.

And they especially aren't touching the Economy.

johnsmith
09-04-2008, 01:20 PM
So because the speech was a series of 'zingers' fit for standing over a sink with the other 6th grade gossips in the girls' room, had no heft, talked about no policies, and was just catty -- they're trying to blame this on Palin making it up?

:lmao

I'm starting to think the repubs picked her just to make hypocrites out of the dem followers.

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
:lmao

I'm starting to think the repubs picked her just to make hypocrites out of the dem followers.

I suggest you go watch Obama's speech at the DNC.

johnsmith
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I suggest you go watch Obama's speech at the DNC.

Why would I watch something I didn't like the first time I saw it.

You guys are so funny though. You have spit out the same shit we've been saying about your #1 guy for the past 6 months and it's all because of our #2.

:lol

Mr. Body
09-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Why would I watch something I didn't like the first time I saw it.

You guys are so funny though. You have spit out the same shit we've been saying about your #1 guy for the past 6 months and it's all because of our #2.

:lol

You do realize I was talking about the quality of her speech, right? That it wasn't very good, other than the zingers?

I think you can understand that... maybe?

johnsmith
09-04-2008, 01:27 PM
You do realize I was talking about the quality of her speech, right? That it wasn't very good, other than the zingers?

I think you can understand that... maybe?

Ok, but you do realize that I was talking about every post you and every other left poster at this site have made over the past week...........I think you can understand that.......

Wild Cobra
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
So many lies in her speech it won't even allow me to post them all. :lol

http://www.samefacts.com/archives/campaign_2008_/2008/09/palin_v_reality.php

What the hell do you mean? You need to stop reading and/or listening propaganda. Then worse yet, you repeat the lies.

Yes, she was for the bridge. When it was a state project wothout federal earmarks. Then they couldn;t raise tghe money afterall. She was always against the earmarks.

As for the teleprompter. It could have easily stopped working without anyone knowing.

You have a clue why?

No. I bet you don't.

It's because she wrote her own speech! She put hours into what she was going to say rather than reading someone elses script.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Yes, she was for the bridge. When it was a state project wothout federal earmarks. Then they couldn;t raise tghe money afterall. She was always against the earmarks.So she gave the money for the bridge back the federal government, right?

xrayzebra
09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
So she gave the money for the bridge back the federal government, right?

:p::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

Wild Cobra
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Something else about building bidges. You guys have a clue as to how federal funds work for them? Well I do. We've run into that here in Oregon quite a bit these last few years.

You can plan to build a bridge by the standard needed for the usage of the bridge. We had one a few years back that never got built. You see, the bridge would have been relatively cheap. When the state applied for federal funding, that automatically changed the required speciifications of the bridge to qualify for the federal funds. I don't recall the dollar abounts, but for illistration, I will arbitrarily say $3 million to build a small bridge. To make the bridge meet the standards for federal funding, the bridge would now cost $20 million, with the states part costing $5 million. Under these conditions, the state decided not to build the bridge. Of course, they didn't build the cheaper version either.

Wild Cobra
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
So she gave the money for the bridge back the federal government, right?

Can you provide anything that says she recieved the funds?

Maybe some department recieved planning funds for emgineering a bridge. As for building it? Never received!

Read my last post and think about it.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't recall the dollar abounts, but for illistration, I will arbitrarily pull numbers directly out of my ass.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Can you provide anything that says she recieved the funds?

Maybe some department recieved planning funds for emgineering a bridge. As for building it? Never received!

Read my last post and think about it.Once Palin spiked the bridge project, the money wasn’t available to Minnesota or other states, however. Congress, chastened by criticism of the Alaska funding, had removed the earmark but allowed the state to keep the money and direct it to other transportation projects.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?&articleid=1116208&format=&page=3&listingType=2008pres#articleFull

So she still likes sucking that federal teat. Think about that.

Wild Cobra
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Once Palin spiked the bridge project, the money wasn’t available to Minnesota or other states, however. Congress, chastened by criticism of the Alaska funding, had removed the earmark but allowed the state to keep the money and direct it to other transportation projects.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?&articleid=1116208&format=&page=3&listingType=2008pres#articleFull

So she still likes sucking that federal teat. Think about that.
Where does it say she had any part in that decision making as to if the Alsakan Department of Transportaion kept the money or not?

That was congress' decision!

Yes. I pulled those previous numbers out my ass. I said I didn't recall them. Are you daft?

The illistration that the state of Oregon had to spend more of it's own money was accurate for that bridge project to get federal funding. I'll bet the same applied to the Bridge to Nowhere also. It was originally slated as state project only with no federal funding. That is when she was for it.

I'll give you this much. When the members of congress from Alaska decided to get earmarks, maybe she didn't know at the time how much money was involved unitil red flags were going up. She did do the right thing. To say with certainty she was pressured otherwise just doesn't fit her established record.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Where does it say she had any part in that decision making as to if the Alsakan Department of Transportaion kept the money or not?

That was congress' decision!She can't use her bast executive powers to give it back?

Yes. I pulled those previous numbers out my ass. I said I didn't recall them. Are you daft?You are daft because you proudly make shit up.

I'll give you this much. When the members of congress from Alaska decided to get earmarks, maybe she didn't know at the time how much money was involved unitil red flags were going up. She did do the right thing. To say with certainty she was pressured otherwise just doesn't fit her established record.She did the right thing when it came to running for national office, I agree.

Her record of accepting and using earmark money is pretty extensive. Unless she gave the bridge money back, that example is no different.

Mr Dio
09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
No way...she's F-ing incredible! Let us all bend over and bow to the superiority that is whatever crap sandwich the republican party decides to serve...never mind the ass rape of the last eight years. Water under the bridge.

:lmao at Pugfuglicans.