PDA

View Full Version : Ticket sites blamed for insane NFL prices

boutons_
09-04-2008, 09:11 AM
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10032352-71.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

fyatuk
09-04-2008, 09:34 AM
It's that way with more than just football. It's just much more pronounced in the NFL than it is in the NBA, etc.

Evan
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Its true…those online sites have shown what the true value is for tickets. Why shouldn't an owner now charge $1800 for a pair of tickets that he was previously selling for $200? Why should some random 5th party be cashing in on all the teams hard work. Someone is going to get the money and it might as well be the team and not some random guy behind a screen who isn't even a sports fan

jack sommerset
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Everyone is to blame and what Jerry Jones is charging for his new stadium (license fees) is criminal. They won't get my families hard earn money. I have a feeling he will have a hard time selling out. I heard they are already re-finace the stadium. The guy is asking 20,000-100,000 for seat license. WTF is that.

I have not heard a peep about how the tickets are selling. If anyone knows, let me know. I have a feeling they are SUCKING. I think the Cowboy tickets are going to be like the car dealership from here on out. "Lets make a deal"

Also the local radio station (1310) in Big D is saying this is normal. Nothing normal about this.One other NFL team is trying the seat license fee and they are lookin at 1,000 to 20,000.Thats the media. They are the official radio station of the Cowboys and do not want to bite off the hand that feeds them. No more interviews, no more press badges and certainly not the voice of the Cowboys. I can't see even the richest people forking out 100,000 dollars for seat license then the crazy ticket prices per game.

K-State Spur
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Its true…those online sites have shown what the true value is for tickets. Why shouldn't an owner now charge $1800 for a pair of tickets that he was previously selling for $200? Why should some random 5th party be cashing in on all the teams hard work. Someone is going to get the money and it might as well be the team and not some random guy behind a screen who isn't even a sports fan

But it's really not. It's just convinced people that number is what they should be charging.

Most sellers don't get that price, which is why you can still find (at least more) reasonable priced tickets from scalpers on game day.

It's not the NFL, but Kansas State has only sold out a couple of home games over the past few years. So does anybody want to tell me that the lowest street value for a ticket to their games is around $100 - which is the best price I could find on stubhub. On game day, I found 4 for $10 each in a much better section.