PDA

View Full Version : Stat of the year:

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Tonight, the Spurs are favored by 2 points at Washington even w/o their star player.

Why is this significant?

The reason is, the Spurs have never been the underdog in any game this year.

They have been favored by 2 points four times this year, counting tonight.

Never in recent history, has a team been favored in the first 50 games. If SA keeps being favored throughout the whole year, it will be the first time in history that a team was never the underdog throughout the entire 82 games.

This and the fact that they are 1-1 favs to win it all, means that SA finally does get the national respect that we Spurs fans have whined about for the first 26 yrs of the franchise.

:smokin

travis2
02-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Where is this info from?

Duncan21
02-09-2005, 02:18 PM
good stat

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Where is this info from?

The Sports Book manager at Ceasars' Palace.

He was being interviewed yesterday by Louie Bulina here on WTAW The Zone talking about how Vegas did on the Spuer Bowl and if this was a good year.

He said that Vegas made money because NE did not cover and most money was bet on them, and the line did not move that much because they had it pretty much on the money but still had to move it a little late to make up for NE getting most of the play.

Louie was asking about the NBA and if they get much play after football is over and he said that it depended on what team.

He said that some teams get more play then others and that LA is not getting any play this year compared to other years, for obvious reasons.

That is when he talked about San Antonio being played the most of any team this year and that is why they are always favored.

BigVee
02-09-2005, 02:25 PM
I can vouch for this year. I have watched the line on every game and reported in this forum more than once that the Spurs have been favored in every game this year. Don't know about the historical stuff, but I would be surprised if any team has EVER been favored in every game the entire year.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I can vouch for this year. I have watched the line on every game and reported in this forum more than once that the Spurs have been favored in every game this year. Don't know about the historical stuff, but I would be surprised if any team has EVER been favored in every game the entire year.

You are very astute to have realized that...I did not notice this until the Phoenix game where SA was favored and I was pissed about it, because I wanted some points. :)

The 4 games that they were favored the least(2 pts) were at Dallas, at Sacto, at Phoenix and tonight.

Useruser666
02-09-2005, 02:51 PM
The Wolves have been the favorites this season.

Favorites to take the 9th seed.

BigVee
02-09-2005, 02:53 PM
BS!!!! When The Spurs were @ PHX w/ Steve Nash back, I doubt if they had the Spurs as the favorites ! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Well, you would be wrong then. Depending on the book, they were favored 2 to 3 points. Oh, and by the way, unlike your sorry team, they covered that game as well.

And, I know you were just being a shithead, but if you really want proof, go to MSNBC, sports, NBA, current odds, click on tonights Spurs game and it will give you the line for the last ten games.....For the record the line v. Pho was Spurs -2.5. Worry about you own under performing, lottery bound team.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Wolves009

here is link of all Spurs spreads this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=sas

Suck on that!! :smokin

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Amazing.

You people need to all check this out:

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Another thing that this guy talked about was pretty cool.

Louie asked him what proposition bets they had new this year.

He said that this year they had an over under on total number of receivers jersey numbers, that caught passes. What the over under will be if you add all of their jersey numbers together.

That means that if you think a team throws to their wideouts a lot, then bet on over, but with Philly, since they throw to their running backs a lot, you would have thought that they would be Under....had they done that, they would have lost, since TO caught 9 passes and his number is 81...so him alone would have been : 81 X 9=729.

Also they eliminated the coin flip from the props a few yrs ago because they do not put the result of the coin flip in the paper the next day...and by law now, all results have to be in the stat sheet the next day.

Interesting interview I think.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Amazing. You people need to all check this out:

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

I meet on Thursdays at 7pm.
:)

FearDaFro
02-09-2005, 04:18 PM
to be fair, Washington is missing a star player, too.

2centsworth
02-09-2005, 04:26 PM
We're doomed!!!!!!!!

Rick Von Braun
02-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Never in recent history, has a team been favored in the first 50 games. If SA keeps being favored throughout the whole year, it will be the first time in history that a team was never the underdog throughout the entire 82 games.
Jim,

How about the 72-wins Bulls?

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Jim,

How about the 72-wins Bulls?

Apparently they were not favored at some point early in the season. Remember how powerful Seattle was that year, they probably were underdogs in that game at Seattle.