PDA

View Full Version : Pot smokers

smeagol
09-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Do you guys who smoke pot and have kids, encourage them to smoke weed too?

Do guys get high infront of them?

Do you guys smoke with them?

QUESTIONS

ORION
09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
When I would deliver pizza I would always smell weed in the house and a young punk would answer the door with kids running around inside. I wanted to puke.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 03:36 PM

QUESTIONS

My mother has smoked pot for as long as I can remember. She's never hidden it from me. She's never taken a "do what I say, not what I do" approach. She's never directly encouraged me to experiment with drugs, but she's also never specifically discouraged me from experimentation as long as I was mature enough and smart enough to handle the situation responsibly.

My mother is a highly motivated, highly intelligent, highly successful college professor.

I am 30 years old, rarely drink, and my entire drug history consists of one hit of ecstasy and three pot brownies, all of which I thought were highly overrated.

Marijuana isn't a problem. Ignorance and irresponsibility are.

smeagol
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
My mother has smoked pot for as long as I can remember. She's never hidden it from me. She's never taken a "do what I say, not what I do" approach. She's never directly encouraged me to experiment with drugs, but she's also never specifically discouraged me from experimentation as long as I was mature enough and smart enough to handle the situation responsibly.

My mother is a highly motivated, highly intelligent, highly successful college professor.

I am 30 years old, rarely drink, and my entire drug history consists of one hit of ecstasy and three pot brownies, all of which I thought were highly overrated.

:tu

ORION
09-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Do you still want to buy those goof balls off me ?

BacktoBasics
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM

+1

If I was a smoker I'd smoke in private however I'd probably not be an everyday smoker (maybe a couple of times a month). If I did smoke or thought about becoming a smoker I wouldn't do it in front of the kids (non of us would) because its illegal.

Although I don't thinks its much different than people who drink a beer in front of their kids legally. I find booze to be a much worse far more distructive drug. A regular boozer even with a high tolerence still loses control where I don't see that compounded of an effect with dope.

I don't promote it to the kids. They know if they become curious or interested in something we can discuss it. I've also explained to them that any substance needs to be addressed before consumption and that I'm not particularly against pot like I am the stuff thats snorted or shot but that doesn't mean its to be taken lightly. Anything in excess has potential dangers.

Both my mother in law and my father in law smoke with their adult children. Not in front of the kids though.

With all that said I highly doubt you'd even know if a regular user actually smoked. A semi-regular to regular user typically has few warning signs. Eyes don't droop or get red nearly as bad as they did when they first became a smoker. They don't get the giggles or act weird. You gotta remember that its essentially a low grade muscle relaxer once your body becomes used to it.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 05:22 PM

How do you handle a situation in which you are doing something illegal responsibly?

balli
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
How do you handle a situation in which you are doing something illegal responsibly?

Well when the law itself is irresponsible...

Fuck that captain America shit. I'd call the irresponsible thing blindly and blithely following stupid laws just because they happen to be laws. Nothing wrong or irresponsible with growing a pair and making your own decision.

IronMexican
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
My dad was to be a sherm head when I was growing up. I use to smoke weed for a while, just don't anymore. I drink, but only on occasion, or to hang with girls.

He was one of those "don't do drugs" but did it in front of me guys. pretty funny now that I think about it.

mavsfan1000
09-04-2008, 05:37 PM
The simple answer is don't get a girl pregnant if you are doing things like that.

balli
09-04-2008, 05:40 PM

QUESTIONS

I don't have kids and I'm not an idiot who would purposefully bring a kid into this fucked up world so I never will, but hypothetically, if I did have kids I'd probably raise them in the mould of Funt's mother. (in relation to marijuana anyway)

Are you just curious or what? I hope it's just curiosity, because it's sickening to me that people actively campaign against and outright hate marijuana. If you don't want to smoke it, fine, but when it comes to marijuana use it's very, very lame and insulting to start judging and meddling in the affairs of other people, when frankly it's something that's none of your fucking business to begin with.

Mark in Austin
09-04-2008, 07:14 PM

+1. Well said.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Well when the law itself is irresponsible...

Fuck that captain America shit. I'd call the irresponsible thing blindly and blithely following stupid laws just because they happen to be laws. Nothing wrong or irresponsible with growing a pair and making your own decision.

The thing is, as long as you don't live in a vacuum, getting high is irresponsible, or potentially irresponsible, which in my mind is being irresponsible. Things or situations that you can't predict sometimes intersect with your life when you least expect them to. If you're high and mentally impaired you put yourself at a higher risk of not being able to solve these problems.

This doesn't mean I don't smoke weed. I'm just not afraid to admit I'm being impairing my judgement, and usually whenever, wherever you do that you're being irresponsible.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
The thing is, as long as you don't live in a vacuum, getting high is irresponsible, or potentially irresponsible, which in my mind is being irresponsible. Things or situations that you can't predict sometimes intersect with your life when you least expect them to. If you're high and mentally impaired you put yourself at a higher risk of not being able to solve these problems.

This doesn't mean I don't smoke weed. I'm just not afraid to admit I'm being impairing my judgement, and usually whenever, wherever you do that you're being irresponsible.

Let me guess, you've never gotten drunk?

Seriously, I hate people that campaign against pot but don't mind alcohol. Hypocritical little shits! Alcohol is exponentially worse than marijuana, in every way possible, and yet you don't see drunks getting arrested.

Like Funt said, marijuana isn't the problem, ignorance and irresponsibility are

whottt
09-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm haven't smoked any pot for a while. But I wouldn't stigmatize it to my kids. I'd inform them on what I think it is...a plant that man used for millenia for a variety of purposes and it can be something that helps or something that is used for the wrong reasons. I would not push it on them as any form of recreational drug(unless the alternative was alcohol). I would never use it on an every day basis but if I did use it every once in a while I wouldn't hide it from them. Why hide it from them? It only makes you seem dishonest. If you don't think your kids should ever do it, then you shouldn't be doing it.

And I'd just let them know that if they were ever thinking about trying it, or any drug to come talk to me about it first. Pot or something I'd want to be there with them the first time they did it. And I'd pay close attention to who their friends were. More than likely I'd want them to hang out with kids that weren't smoking pot, not because of the pot itself, but because of the people you sometimes become involved with in obtaining it. And because a lot of times kids are doing it for the wrong reasons. Not to mention being exposed to other drugs that I would never want my kids to use under any circumstances.

It's a complicated problem but I don't think pot is in and of itself a bad drug...on the contrary, it's been used by man for a long long time. The problem is that it's illegal and is lumped together with a bunch of drugs that are bad drugs and that need to be illegal or difficult to obtain. I definitely don't think kids should be using it at a young age, and they shouldn't be using it to fit in or solve some sort of problem they are having.

A lof of kids start using it when they start looking for friends or acceptance...either because they aren't able to communicate with their parents and don't trust them, or they are looking to not be like their parents for some other reason. I'd definitely go out of my way to make sure I could communicate with my kids and they felt they could come to me as someone they could talk to about anything.

InRareForm
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
God made Pot, Humans made Beer, who are you going to trust?

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Let me guess, you've never gotten drunk?

wtf? When did I ever say that?

Seriously, I hate people that campaign against pot but don't mind alcohol. Hypocritical little shits! Alcohol is exponentially worse than marijuana, in every way possible, and yet you don't see drunks getting arrested.

I agree with all that.

Like Funt said, marijuana isn't the problem, ignorance and irresponsibility are

Life happens. Problems arise that you never think could or would. When you're high you are at more of a disadvantage to deal with them than if you aren't high, obviously.

No matter how responsible you may think you are, it's not always about that.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Legality and responsibility aren't even remotely related.

Speeding is against the law. I speed fairly often. But, since I only speed when traffic and weather conditions allow me to do so safely, I still consider myself to be a responsible driver. Sex, on the other hand, is perfectly legal between two consenting adults. However, how many people do you know who regularly engage in sex without a condom, or without an emotional connection, or without screening their partner for all possible STDs and STIs?

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
wtf? When did I ever say that?

You didn't say it, but if you do drink, then why the hell are you going on about the fact your judgment is impaired by pot when alcohol does the worse and is not illegal.

Life happens. Problems arise that you never think could or would. When you're high you are at more of a disadvantage to deal with them than if you aren't high, obviously.

No matter how responsible you may think you are, it's not always about that.

The exact same can be said of alcohol. Do you or do you not get drunk? If you do, you're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:31 PM
By breaking the law you're contributing to the reeason why people in masses break laws: which is, because everyone else does it. If no one broke any laws - if everyone followed them - people would be pressured by society (not the law) to follow the laws.

Unless laws are extreme and unfair (slavery, Nazis etc) laws like speeding, DWI, should be followed by the people not for your sake but for everyone's sake.

ShoogarBear
09-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Damn, you're an old lady now.

balli
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM

That's all fine and good, but your original argument was that breaking the law is irresponsible and frankly, when the law is stupid or immoral (as it is in regards to weed), the opposite is true.

And besides, of course weed impairs you, (a little bit) but if it really impaired you all that much I doubt I'd be working as an architectural drafter, doing complex trigonometry and math, drafting complex drawing sets, while the entire time, almost every day, high on marijuana. In fact, anecdotally, I work slower, with less quality and have a much worse attitude when I'm not stoned.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
You didn't say it, but if you do drink, then why the hell are you going on about the fact your judgment is impaired by pot when alcohol does the worse and is not illegal.

The exact same can be said of alcohol. Do you or do you not get drunk? If you do, you're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

I have no problem with being apart of the reason why this country is degenerating, dude.

MaNuMaNiAc
By breaking the law you're contributing to the reeason why people in masses break laws: which is, because everyone else does it. If no one broke any laws - if everyone followed them - people would be pressured by society (not the law) to follow the laws.

Unless laws are extreme and unfair (slavery, Nazis etc) laws like speeding, DWI, should be followed by the people not for your sake but for everyone's sake.

I won't go into speeding because I don't condone it myself, but pot is harmless. I still, to this day, don't understand why the fuck it is illegal. Think how much dough the gov would make by taxing the shit out of it... its mind boggling I tell you.

CuckingFunt
Damn, you're an old lady now.

Hush your noise. I'm just now getting okay with saying the th-word out loud.

balli
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Think how much dough the gov would make by taxing the shit out of it... its mind boggling I tell you.
Seriously. We'd save so much on prisons and bring in so much revenue it isn't even funny. Marijuana is a larger cash crop than any other in America. Think about that. More money is spent on weed in the USA than we spend on Corn or Wheat... and we spend a fuck of a lot on corn and wheat. Imagine if it were taxed and regulated what a huge infusion of cash that would bring to our economy. Stupid republicans.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
That's all fine and good, but your original argument was that breaking the law is irresponsible and frankly, when the law is stupid or immoral (as it is in regards to weed), the opposite is true.

And besides, of course weed impairs you, (a little bit) but if it really impaired you all that much I doubt I'd be working as an architectural drafter, doing complex trigonometry and math, drafting complex drawing sets, while the entire time, almost every day, high on marijuana. In fact, anecdotally, I work slower, with less quality and have a much worse attitude when I'm not stoned.

Its almost impossible to explain how pot affects you to someone that has never done pot. Marijuana impairs you in some ways, but it does not affect cognitive thinking. The myth that when someone is stoned they're stupid is completely false. When someone is stoned and they seem stupid to you, its because they're not paying attention to YOU. I think the problem resides in multitasking really.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:43 PM

Not true. if no one smoked weed, if everyone followed the law, we wouldn't have to worry about gangs that sell it and all the havoc that they cause.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Seriously. We'd save so much on prisons and bring in so much revenue it isn't even funny. Marijuana is a larger cash crop than any other in America. Think about that. More money is spent on weed in the USA than we spend on Corn or Wheat... and we spend a fuck of a lot on corn and wheat. Imagine if it were taxed and regulated what a huge infusion of cash that would bring to our economy. Stupid republicans.

Truth if I've ever seen it man

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Not true. if no one smoked weed, if everyone followed the law, we wouldn't have to worry about gangs that sell it and all the havoc that they cause.

:lmao @ weed being the cause of gangs! See, now I KNOW that you've never done weed! :lol

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM

But... how would we ever get by without that good ol' prison labor? The prison-industrial complex needs love, too.

We've become a country that is largely financially dependent upon building new/operating existing prisons, and the criminalization of marijuana has led to a lot of that.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I've done a lot of it. do it maybe 3-4 times a month.

balli
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Hmmmmm. I smoke chronic and it comes from peaceful hippies in humboldt Cali. I don't know what laced schwag you're getting from gang members, but if you don't want gangs selling it, legalize it and regulate it; don't say, "if everybody followed the law," because man, that's a pipe dream (parden the pun). The very fact that it's illegal makes it a black market drug that is sometimes sold by gangs. Legalize it, and the gangs lose their control of it, but don't expect marijuana to just disappear. Think about your argument for a second.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Hmmmmm. I smoke chronic and it comes from peaceful hippies in humboldt Cali. I don't know what laced schwag you're getting from gang members, but if you don't want gangs selling it, legalize it and regulate it; don't say, "if everybody followed the law," because man, that's a pipe dream (parden the pun). The very fact that it's illegal makes it a black market drug that is sometimes sold by gangs. Legalize it, and the gangs lose their control of it, but don't expect marijuana to just disappear. Think about your argument for a second.

+1

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Anything that impairs you're judgment is bad, and shouldn't be taken IMO. It leads to a lot of problems.

just my .03 (inflation)

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM

I live amongst said happy hippies and can vouch for them being about the farthest thing from "gangs" one could ever hope to find.

Unless, of course, tie-die, birkenstocks, patchouli, juggling, and hacky sacks have become the norm for inner city gangs.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I've done a lot of it. do it maybe 3-4 times a month.

WTF... I don't understand you then. In your mind, are you willfully being irresponsible? You sincerely think you're doing wrong when you're smoking weed? If, by your own admission, weed is responsible for gang activity what the hell are you doing smoking it? I mean, I don't even think you understand the reasoning behind your own deductions my friend.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Anything that impairs you're judgment is bad, and shouldn't be taken IMO. It leads to a lot of problems.

just my .03 (inflation)

Shit! then strong pain tranquilizers should be outlawed!

balli
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
But... how would we ever get by without that good ol' prison labor? The prison-industrial complex needs love, too.

We've become a country that is largely financially dependent upon building new/operating existing prisons, and the criminalization of marijuana has led to a lot of that.

:depressed The two largest anti-marijuana lobbies in terms of dollars spent are

#1. Anheuser Busch
#2. The industrial-prison complex

Disgusting.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I said it before, I don't mind being a degenerate. smoking is bad. Period. If the world were perfect no one would have the urge to smoke it.

InRareForm
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
california medical clinics are a beautiful thing ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Shit! then strong pain tranquilizers should be outlawed!

you're flipping the situation. that's not what I meant.

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
:depressed The two largest anti-marijuana lobbies in terms of dollars spent are

#1. Anheuser Busch
#2. The industrial-prison complex

Disgusting.

Disgusting, but makes perfect sense. They'd both take a huge hit if pot were legal.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
you're flipping the situation. that's not what I meant.

I'm not flipping anything. We're talking anything that impairs your judgment is wrong, right?

mrsmaalox
09-04-2008, 08:58 PM

I think you're getting pot mixed up with crack. Striving to obtain crack is responsible for a great amt of crime; pot is only responsible for the increase in Cheetos sales and the success of Adam Sandler movies!!

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I said it before, I don't mind being a degenerate. smoking is bad. Period. If the world were perfect no one would have the urge to smoke it.

If the world were perfect, people would still be looking for ways to make it a little more perfecter. Such is human nature.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm not flipping anything. We're talking anything that impairs your judgment is wrong, right?

Yea, but if you're hurting it changes things. That, to me, is sufficient reason. I've experienced that.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
If the world were perfect, people would still be looking for ways to make it a little more perfecter. Such is human nature.

It's still bad and it doesn't make sense to use if you think you are responsible enought to do it. You can be responsible while high, but it doesn't always mean that will be the case. Things around you change, and when you've got to deal witht them stoned, they're harder and you're usually less successful.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 09:08 PM
they isn't a controlled setting to smoke weed in. It's not a science lab where you have control over the variables etc. Things are actively happening and changing around you and you should ideally be mentally fit (the ebst you can) to deal with them.

2 years ago I smoked weed pretty often. One day, I hit my head on a coffee table (corner of my eye). if i'd been high, it would've definitely made a bad situation worse. It would have impaired my driving a lot, and who knows, what if I was pulled over and they saw that I was high on my way to the hospital

CuckingFunt
09-04-2008, 09:12 PM
they isn't a controlled setting to smoke weed in. It's not a science lab where you have control over the variables etc. Things are actively happening and changing around you and you should ideally be mentally fit (the ebst you can) to deal with them.

2 years ago I smoked weed pretty often. One day, I hit my head on a coffee table (corner of my eye). i i'd been high, it would've definitely made a bad situation worse. It would have impaired my driving a lot, and who knows, what if I was pulled over and they saw that I was high?

I don't know about you, but I control a hell of a lot of the variables in my own living room. In my whole apartment, in fact.

And of course smoking pot would impair your driving, but that doesn't really prove your point. Driving while high would be an irresponsible choice. Conversely, not driving while high would be a responsible choice. Same with flailing about your coffee table.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't know about you, but I control a hell of a lot of the variables in my own living room. In my whole apartment, in fact.

And of course smoking pot would impair your driving, but that doesn't really prove your point. Driving while high would be an irresponsible choice. Conversely, not driving while high would be a responsible choice. Same with flailing about your coffee table.

you're not always left with a choice is my point, even if you think that might be the case.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
life pushes you into certain situation where, sadly, driving while high is the best of the coices you have, maybe the only one.

InRareForm
09-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I drive better high, slower, less road rage, less stress.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
not me. I guess it depends on the person then.

Sense
09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
The only bad thing about weed... is that it's illegal.....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't think parents should smoke (anything) or drink (more than one or two) in front of their kids because kids do what they see - they are little behaviour-learning sponges. This is not opinion, it's child psychology.

Get them to an age, say 10-12, where you can start to educate them and discuss these things, but doing these things around them at a young age is just programming them to do the same things, and in the case of mind-altering addictive* substances, that seems unwise to me.

* yes, I am aware that THC is not physically addictive, but it certainly has the power to be psychologically addictive. Alcohol can also very quickly become addictive. And nicotine is close to the most addictive substance we know of.

And as for the illegality of ganja, thankfully where I come from it is not illegal (it is decriminalised - possession of under 1 ounce might get you a speeding-fine equivalent, as will smoking in public). I find the legal double standard regarding alcohol and marijuana to be completely absurd. Legalise it, tax at, and put all the money back into health.

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM

QUESTIONS

I only smoke with my two year old when my stash is burnt and i have to bum off his...

i don't encourage him. that would mean less for me.

in front of him? behind him? who the hell knows, he runs everywhere and around the whole house bumping into things when he's toked...

ANSWERS

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 12:27 AM
When I would deliver pizza I would always smell weed in the house and a young punk would answer the door with kids running around inside. I wanted to puke.

see, the thing is...he had money to throw away on weed and pizza...and your tip...not to mention the cost of diapers these days...be thankful! :smokin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I only smoke with my two year old when my stash is burnt and i have to bum off his...

i don't encourage him. that would mean less for me.

in front of him? behind him? who the hell knows, he runs everywhere and around the whole house bumping into things when he's toked...

ANSWERS

Is that meant to be funny? It may be my lack of a sense of humour, but I don't think it is, not when there are videos on you chew of parents who have fad ecstasy to their children or gotten stoned.

Marijuana and kids don't mix - all the science suggests that THC (and amphetamines) does serious damage to developing brains. I'm glad I didn't sample the wares until I was 22 (the adult male brain doesn't stop developing until very late teens/early 20s).

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 12:52 AM
If you're high and mentally impaired you put yourself at a higher risk of not being able to solve these problems.

you see, you are only viewing things from a point of view where which smoking weed impairs someone mentally...and that just isn't always the case...

sometimes medicine like sweet sweet herb is for what ails ya. (or is it sweat sweat?)

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Is that meant to be funny? It may be my lack of a sense of humour, but I don't think it is, not when there are videos on you chew of parents who have fad ecstasy to their children or gotten stoned.

Marijuana and kids don't mix - all the science suggests that THC (and amphetamines) does serious damage to developing brains. I'm glad I didn't sample the wares until I was 22 (the adult male brain doesn't stop developing until very late teens/early 20s).

no i'm dead serious. the lil one is hittin the bong right now as we read your post and laugh delirously...it really adds entertainment value to the likes of spongebob squarepants, blues clues, and bunnytown, not to mention that that hottie icarly seems 18 going on 21 when your stoned...

and don't go preachin against givin toddlers da smoke unless your gonna preach against all the ADD meds they give out to the kindergardeners too!

but if you are a champion in the "our kids are overmedicated by irresponsible parents and self-interest legal drug pusher doctors..." then as you were, hail aussies! :tu

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:02 AM

When you're asleep you're mentally impaired and bad things that you can't predict can happen to you too, skippy. I don't think he was talking about smoking weed while driving or operating heavy machinery.

But then again, you may be right. Those horrible marijuana impaired couch-to-refrigerator preventable accidents are a fucking epidemic.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-05-2008, 01:06 AM
no i'm dead serious. the lil one is hittin the bong right now as we read your post and laugh delirously...it really adds entertainment value to the likes of spongebob squarepants, blues clues, and bunnytown, not to mention that that hottie icarly seems 18 going on 21 when your stoned...

and don't go preachin against givin toddlers da smoke unless your gonna preach against all the ADD meds they give out to the kindergardeners too!

but if you are a champion in the "our kids are overmedicated by irresponsible parents and self-interest legal drug pusher doctors..." then as you were, hail aussies! :tu

Okay, I can see that you're kidding.

As for the overprescription of dexies, I'm with you. They can be very useful for real sufferers of ADD (I know one, now an adult, and he says they help him a lot), but there is no doubt that parents and doctors and pill companies have conspired, put bad behaviour in the too hard basket, and now massively over-prescribe meds to kids who in most cases just need some bloody DISCIPLINE.

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:06 AM
I drive better high, slower, less road rage, less stress.

That just means that you are a complete dumb ass fucking retarded driver when you're sober. Anyone who believes they actually drive better under the influence of a mind and perception altering substance must be such a fucking bad driver that they should never be allowed to touch a steering wheel again.

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:07 AM
It's not difficult to drive well sober, you just have to be a responsible person who isn't a fucking basket case. Unfortunately there aren't many of those around.

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:10 AM
just need some bloody DISCIPLINE.

bloody discipline!!!

Is that meant to be funny? It may be my lack of a sense of humor, but I don't think it is, not when there are videos on you chew of parents who beat the shit out their children!

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:11 AM
How in the fuck can people be scared to death of such stupid ass shit as public speaking or going up to meet a stranger of the opposite sex but be completely oblivious to driving a fucking 2,500+ lbs machine with the power to kill you instantly like a completely impatient fucking asshole?

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:12 AM
who isn't a fucking basket case.

well you see, you threw that caveat in there for a reason brah...cuz you know something we do...:smokin

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:15 AM
well you see, you threw that caveat in there for a reason brah...cuz you know something we do...:smokin

Actually, I was wrong. You don't have to be responsible or not be a basket case. You just have to be smart enough to not want to die instantly. And yet, that's a difficult quality to find behind the wheel.

Dex
09-05-2008, 01:15 AM
This post is a buzz kill.

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I guess large shards of glass, metal, and plastic instantly piercing your skull, breaking your bones, tearing your flesh, and spilling your guts out in an act of instant death just isn't a good deterrent.

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Actually, I was wrong. You don't have to be responsible or not be a basket case. You just have to be smart enough to not want to die instantly. And yet, that's a difficult quality to find behind the wheel.

you see, i was thinking about this earlier, and my football team was losing...as always...and it was a slow, grinding loss...like someone just turning that knife in you, but it's not into any vital organs...and i thought...i'd rather just fucking die and be done with it...and instant death>long agonizing one...as long as all your affairs are in order and shit...:wakeup

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-05-2008, 01:20 AM
bloody discipline!!!

Is that meant to be funny? It may be my lack of a sense of humor, but I don't think it is, not when there are videos on you chew of parents who beat the shit out their children!

Yeah, that would work except it doesn't... :rolleyes

Hit a child and you teach them that violence is an appropriate way to get what you want. That is not teaching them discipline.

OTOH, teaching a child discipline involves explaining to them what they did wrong and punishing them appropriately through denial of privileges and such.

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:22 AM
you see, i was thinking about this earlier, and my football team was losing...as always...and it was a slow, grinding loss...like someone just turning that knife in you, but it's not into any vital organs...and i thought...i'd rather just fucking die and be done with it...and instant death>long agonizing one...as long as all your affairs are in order and shit...:wakeup

If I had to watch the Redskins tonight I'd have preferred instant skull piercing death as well, but that is one of those rare, rare occasions. The Redskins are just that bad.

Kevin Blackistone
09-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah, that would work except it doesn't... :rolleyes

Hit a child and you teach them that violence is an appropriate way to get what you want. That is not teaching them discipline.

OTOH, teaching a child discipline involves explaining to them what they did wrong and punishing them appropriately through denial of privileges and such.

Best way to punish your kid is to take away his ciggies.

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:24 AM
you've never experienced the terrible two's til you've smoked his stash in front of him as punishment...

Bigzax
09-05-2008, 01:26 AM

"daddy is smoking your weed and smacking your ass cuz you did not listen to mommy when she said don't stick the paper clip in the outlet...got it?

no paperclips for two weeks...now go play...here's my keys..."

sabar
09-05-2008, 01:29 AM
You're both right. I was hit as a kid and I behaved out of fear, but I also ended up hitting my sister.

I grew out of both. I was the first kid so I was the practice child. :D

tp2021
09-05-2008, 02:22 AM
I was the first kid so I was the practice child. :D
+1

InRareForm
09-05-2008, 02:49 AM
That just means that you are a complete dumb ass fucking retarded driver when you're sober. Anyone who believes they actually drive better under the influence of a mind and perception altering substance must be such a fucking bad driver that they should never be allowed to touch a steering wheel again.

Naw, I am still a great driver while sober. Who said "better" assumes "poor driver" while sober? FOH

duncan228
09-05-2008, 02:56 AM
You gotta remember that its essentially a low grade muscle relaxer once your body becomes used to it.

Is that effect one of the Medical uses of it?

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 03:36 AM
I find the legal double standard regarding alcohol and marijuana to be completely absurd. Legalise it, tax at, and put all the money back into health.

I agree but that is the problem right there man. How can you tax something you can't track? Our government doesn't know where all it comes from, where it goes, and who's buying it up much less who are the big dealers in each state.

It would have been legalized a long time ago if it was possible to track.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 03:42 AM
I will say..

In high school I ran faster, jumped higher and did things better in basketball. I got stoned before some games and had energy to spend long after the game was over. I even played the all star game high.

However I could not drive stoned. I over-corrected a lot and just stayed nervous. I didn't like being out and public being stoned at all. It had me watching everyone's moves, and my back, it was just too nerve racking.

I smoked off and on until several months ago. I have since quit realizing everyone drug tests now days. Now that I'm off it I feel 100% better and realized it was just a mind thing. I THOUGHT I needed it, I THOUGHT a lot of things that were bullshit once I became sober for a long period of time.

I look back and wonder why I wasted so much money to get buzzed. Just retarded.

marini martini
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
you've never experienced the terrible two's til you've smoked his stash in front of him as punishment...

:lmao

BacktoBasics
09-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Is that effect one of the Medical uses of it?yes

BacktoBasics
09-05-2008, 09:47 AM
I smoked off and on until several months ago. I have since quit realizing everyone drug tests now days. Now that I'm off it I feel 100% better and realized it was just a mind thing. I THOUGHT I needed it, I THOUGHT a lot of things that were bullshit once I became sober for a long period of time.

I really think thats why its important to take frequent breaks from the drug. Creating an actual habit and relying on it for daily use is unbelieavably counter productive. Just like anything.

When used in moderation I think dope is one of the greatest things this world has ever offered.

Leetonidas
09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
My question is, how the fuck is salvia legal when marijuana is not?

BacktoBasics
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
My question is, how the fuck is salvia legal when marijuana is not?Had it been a slave drug it would be. It nearly mirrors weed in effect and in some cases has been proven to potentially be worse than dope.

remingtonbo2001
09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Now that I'm off it I feel 100% better and realized it was just a mind thing. I THOUGHT I needed it, I THOUGHT a lot of things that were bullshit once I became sober for a long period of time.

I look back and wonder why I wasted so much money to get buzzed. Just retarded.

+1

leo_d
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Is ok to not smoke i front of your kids, not to hide something from them, but to not fill their lungs with smoke (any kind of smoke). it has nothing to do to the fact that you can be an open minded father and talk to them about drugs.

All drugs should be legal for people after certain age. At most there should be harder penaltys to people that commit crimes under the influence of drugs, that is the irresponsability, not smoking pot in your livingroom.

But to legalice drugs you need a private health system where you pay extra for beeing a consumer who may become a drug addict. I don`t think that people who does not consume drugs should pay for the attention of the people who does. And that goes to regulars smokers, alcoholics, and people with a very bad diet (a category in wich i include myself).

Besides, once legaliced there will be corporations compiting for give you a good product and taking responsability for not advertising the risks.

:toast:hat

Ginobilly
09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I used to smoke but have been Marijuana free for a about a year now because my chick doesn't want me to smoke. :depressed but pussy>>>weed

Ronaldo McDonald
09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
When you're asleep you're mentally impaired and bad things that you can't predict can happen to you too, skippy. I don't think he was talking about smoking weed while driving or operating heavy machinery.

But then again, you may be right. Those horrible marijuana impaired couch-to-refrigerator preventable accidents are a fucking epidemic.

That's not what I mean.

Look, this is why I see marijuana smoking as bad and irresponsible:

Things may happen in your life while you are high (which isn't like sleeping - sleeping is natural) and you've to be ready to deal with them to the best of your abilites. You may be put into a situation where you have to drive, or think fast is some way, and when you're stoned, good luck, because being able to solve these problems just doesn't happen with a high success rate ( at least not with me and most people I know). If you're put into a situation where you have to drive (like I had to when I hit my head on a coffee table amd there really wasn't any other choice) being high can be bad for a variety of reasons. If I was pulled over by the cops because my driving was sketchy, and they later found out I was high, weed by association would be bad. You may have initialy smoked it in a safe environment, you may have thought you had everything under control, but you're never fully responsible for yourself and your situation while high. It's just a fact. That's why I have trouble with people saying, "It's not the weed, it's irresponsibility, ignorance" as if it is an absolute and can't ever be changed. Not true. There are plenty of instances where weed can be bad.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Another reason why weed is bad and why law-breaking in general (not all the time) is bad:

Whenever you break the law, and get away with it, you influence the behavior of people around you do the same thing. If no one ever broke the law - no one smoked weed - we wouldn't have a problem. If people abided by the law all the time, we wouldn;t have to worry about anything. People would be pressured by society or culture to abide by the law, not only the law itself.

DisAsTerBot
09-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Another reason why weed is bad and why law-breaking in general (not all the time) is bad:

Whenever you break the law, and get away with it, you influence the behavior of people around you do the same thing. If no one ever broke the law - no one smoked weed - we wouldn't have a problem. If people abided by the law all the time, we wouldn;t have to worry about anything. People would be pressured by society or culture to abide by the law, not only the law itself.

law is not infallible

SpursWoman
09-05-2008, 12:16 PM
God made Pot, Humans made Beer, who are you going to trust?

God also made the stiletto snake ... and have you seen what that fucker can do???! :wow

duncan228
09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
yes

Thanks.

I don't know a lot about the medical side of it. I can look it up, but does anyone recommend sites to trust?

smeagol
09-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Conclusion: most people would not smoke infront of their kids.

smeagol
09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't have kids and I'm not an idiot who would purposefully bring a kid into this fucked up world so I never will

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

You are an idiot for other reasons.

Are you just curious or what?

Yes, I am curious. Curious that intelligent people have to fuck with their heads to have a good time. But then again, it is simple curiosity. People can do whatever they want with their lives and their free time.

I hope it's just curiosity, because it's sickening to me that people actively campaign against and outright hate marijuana.

I don't actively campaigh against weed. I find it stupid that people want to prohibit it. The fact is no matter how illegal it is, people will still smoke it. It happened with booze, it happens with pot.

You stupid was on drugs is just that, stupid. America thinks they will erradicate the drug problem by pumping money into Colombia so the Colombian's can burn all the coke fields in that country. Ha, ha! That is not the way to solve it, especially when it is the fucking Americans who consume it the most. Education and prevention, that is the only way.

I would encourage my kids not to get hooked on pot. Despite what everybody says, I do think it is not good for people. I guess I'm part of the minority on this one.

If you don't want to smoke it, fine, but when it comes to marijuana use it's very, very lame and insulting to start judging and meddling in the affairs of other people, when frankly it's something that's none of your fucking business to begin with.

Why the fuck do you have to get so defensive, asshole? I simply asked three questions, which most posters answered in a civil way. Have all the drugs you want, I could care less.

Leetonidas
09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Had it been a slave drug it would be. It nearly mirrors weed in effect and in some cases has been proven to potentially be worse than dope.

Actually sir, I don't know if you've ever done either but I can tell you for a fact that weed and salvia are completely different.

JoeChalupa
09-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Nobody is forcing anyone to smoke the hippie lettuce and I don't preach about it but if it is not for you then don't smoke. Pot isn't for everyone just like alchohol isn't for everyone either.

JoeChalupa
09-07-2008, 09:12 AM

QUESTIONS
NO
NO
NO

JoeChalupa
09-07-2008, 09:13 AM

:lmao

remingtonbo2001
09-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Actually sir, I don't know if you've ever done either but I can tell you for a fact that weed and salvia are completely different.

True.

marini martini
09-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Do you know there's over 100 genres of salvia. So which one gets you high? Guess I gots some clipping to do:hat

ROFL
09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Is that meant to be funny? It may be my lack of a sense of humour,.

The club is due for another ruff meltdown let it happen. :lmao

Last Comic Standing
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
RuffNready seems to know a lot about raising children, I wonder how many kids he has?

The reason I ask is, after looking at his avatar I find it very hard to picture any female wanting his weinie inside her. :lol