PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead..

mfanatic
09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
To the playoffs, check this one out guys:

Ok, let's do this on a Spurs perspective and figure out the easiest route to the Finals, just for fun of course..

1.Lakers
2.Hornets
3.Spurs
4.Rockets
5.Suns
6.Mavericks
7.Who cares
8.Who cares

Lakers would advance to vs. Rockets

Hornets would advance to vs. Spurs

Both games go to seven, i see the finals being Rockets Vs. Spurs...

Now, is this possible? I WOULD LOVE for that to be the playoff standings..

Allanon
09-04-2008, 04:43 PM
That kind of ranking would not be possible as you need somebody from the Northwest in the top 4. You have 3 southwest division teams in there with the Lakers from the Pacific division.

Somebody in the top four will have to face either Spurs/Hornets/Rockets in the first rount :D

You left out the very formidable Jazz from the Northwest who should easily be in the top 4 this year unless the promising Blazers take their spot but I doubt it.

mfanatic
09-04-2008, 05:06 PM
oh yeah, i completely forgot, i knew it sounded too good to be true..

honestfool84
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
That kind of ranking would not be possible as you need somebody from the Northwest in the top 4. You have 3 southwest division teams in there with the Lakers from the Pacific division.

Somebody in the top four will have to face either Spurs/Hornets/Rockets in the first rount :D

You left out the very formidable Jazz from the Northwest who should easily be in the top 4 this year unless the promising Blazers take their spot but I doubt it.

i've always thought guessing standings this early extremely stupid...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, im curious, who do you, Allanon, have as the top four in the WEST? most obviously your beloved the lakers with the top spot (and who can rightly argue with you?), but then who are the next three?

tomtom
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
i think jazz and blazers will be ahead of the mavericks

Brutalis
09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
:rolleyes

Allanon
09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
i've always thought guessing standings this early extremely stupid...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, im curious, who do you, Allanon, have as the top four in the WEST? most obviously your beloved the lakers with the top spot (and who can rightly argue with you?), but then who are the next three?

Waddup Honest fool, I see you changed your sig to another interesting picture :D

Top 4:
1. Lakers
2. Rockets
3. Jazz
4. Hornets

Lakers, yup I'm a homer, but even if I try to look at it objectively, I can't see anybody else even close to the Lakers this year. Too much firepower and talent, only second to Portland (the Grizzlies also have alot of raw talent). The only possibility they aren't in the top spot is due to injury to 2 of their major players. But we homers don't figure in injuries :D

Rockets obviously because of Artest. Injuries have plagued the Rockets for years, odds say they should finally get a break.

Jazz are here by default, Portland can't push them enough cuz the Blazers are still too young. If the Blazers trade for a star veteran like Manu, they might do it.

Hornets drop in the standings. Last year, they had a perfect run with absolutely nothing going wrong until they blew up against the Spurs towards the end. Of all the Western teams, they were the most healthy, they would need alot of luck to stay that healthy again.

tlongII
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
LMFAO at you people! You are in for a surprise!

Allanon
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
LMFAO at you people! You are in for a surprise!

Blazers are too young. No young team like the Blazers has ever won a championship. They're dangerous as hell because they don't know any better but not 4 out 7 kind of dangerous.