PDA

View Full Version : Parker vs Arenas

picnroll
02-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Should be an interesting matchup. Arenas got punked bad by the Spurs and Parker, had a horrible game and is going to want payback. TP didn't get that all-star berth that Arenas got and is going to want to show he's just as worthy. No TD in the paint. Who'll prevail?

nkdlunch
02-09-2005, 02:48 PM
'sup guys. I'm a spurs fan but I live in DC. TP and Arenas are complete opposites except the fact that they both can penetrate. Arenas is wild and got crazy confidence. TP eventually gives up if he's not having a good night. I think Arenas is gonna have a monster game, not TP. But Manu should be able to take on the whole Wizards team by the end of the night.

FromWayDowntown
02-09-2005, 02:53 PM
It'll be a one sided affair in Arenas' favor

TPark will be SCREWED big time ! Expect Gilby to drop 40 tonight :smokin

Don't you have other things to worry about? *cough, cough* 6gamelosingstreak *cough, cough*

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm sure Arenas will play better than last time. His game against the Spurs sticks out as an extremely off night for him.

Some of the credit has to go to the rest of the Spurs defense too for that first game in which GA was 0-12.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Both will have big games, but I think that Arenas will be a little bit better on the stat sheet. With that said, the Spurs will still win.

xapatan2
02-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Yo everybody !

my intro.
my little cooperativ leaves me few times to write posts but i am still an everyday reader of your talks and it's funny since a good 1 year and a half to follow the discussions of our common passion and to see the evolution of our little community ( and an international one please !!! ). To love the spurs is a good way to communicate and discover people from different countries...

You are all giving me so much fun people when you are beginning to argue and to have your little fights! ( well in fact it is a fact that most of our countries are not coldblooded :spin ( isn't it my dear agentinians and slovenians :elephant / same for me i am from the south of france :smokin)

the subject.

i do not share exactly your views on the game of tonight.
Parker has shown his high improvement on defense this season, many many times, with "constancy"
:rolleyes and i am not sure Arenas will have the same matchup he had on that point during his past "all star" games.

And i think Parker doesn't care to score that much tonight for the game. He will if he needs to, but he doesn't need it to "own" the game. He'll behave like a point and a leader and will first look after the plays of his teammates and will give the ball inside to Rasho.

He wants the win.
Sure he's thinking about the match-up but i am sure Pop has shown him that the real challenge is not to focus on Arenas but to lead his team to victory. To turn into a floor leader at 22 is not that bad and i think Parker has understood it.

I'll say ok, "sorry i was wrong" if it is not the case, but i am confident.

Have a good game, i'll ba sleeping at that time.

Xap'

ps for Kori :

I do not know it has been confirmed somewhere else but Tony on his site said he would not go to the skills challenge if he was not selected for the all stargame. He does not want to make a trip just for that and prefer to rest in the Texas for the weekend.

Guru of Nothing
02-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Expect Gilby to drop 40 tonight

You misspelled Ginobili.

picnroll
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Historically Parker has done pretty well against Arenas, overall more than held his own. Of course TP has had a better defense behind him han Arenas. They seem to like going agaisnt each other, being about the same age, same class, highly touted young PGs. Tonight should be maybe a little more intense than usual given all the factors.

MosesGuthrie
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Gilby = Gilbert

I can tell you're a noobie

I can tell you're a dumbass.

boutons
02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I like the GA - TP match-up, esp since TP plays on both ends of the court.

And with Tim out, TP will more often be a primary offensive option and load-bearer, the way GA is for WAS.

The All-Star, chip-on-the-shoulder angle is pretty cool, too. Sorta like ex-all-star Webber's triple double against the PHX all-stars. Such a shame ex-All-star Miller couldn't make an All-star play to save the game.

The WAS game starts at 6PM CT, no waiting around until a 7:30PM or later watching other games or Late Night/Conor O'Brian. cool

(and Sat's game is 5:30 PM CT, and Sunday's game is 11:30 AM CT.)

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Should be an interesting matchup. Arenas got punked bad by the Spurs and Parker, had a horrible game and is going to want payback. TP didn't get that all-star berth that Arenas got and is going to want to show he's just as worthy.

Somebody was saying in another thread that Arenas was battling the flu during their last match up. That would certainly explain the unusualy poor showing he had.

ALVAREZ6
02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I can tell you're a dumbass.
:lol :lol :lol

Don't pick on the guy with the scrubby team, that's just harsh.

Jimcs50
02-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Somebody was saying in another thread that Arenas was battling the flu during their last match up. That would certainly explain the unusualy poor showing he had.

That was me. I was watching the Wizzards feed on the dish and that is what their announcers said that night. They were saying that he should not even be playing because he was hurting the team, although it was commendable for him to be trying.

Rick Von Braun
02-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Gilby = Gilbert

I can tell you don't get sarcasm. :angel

Frenchise player
02-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Jimcs50 and IceColdBrewski in an atempt to discredit Parker performance against GA @SBC.
Why am I not surprised?

td4mvp21
02-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Gilby = Gilbert

its sarcasm you gender confused half witt

boutons
02-09-2005, 06:45 PM
maturity?

they're both born in 1982.

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Jimcs50 and IceColdBrewski in an atempt to discredit Parker performance against GA @SBC.
Why am I not surprised?

:rolleyes

Not trying to discredit Parker. Just saying that Arenas deserves more credit than what he's getting.

Frenchise player
02-09-2005, 07:10 PM
He is in the ASG, and everybody say he deserves it. What more credit do you want for him? MVP maybee...

IceColdBrewski
02-09-2005, 07:20 PM
He is in the ASG, and everybody say he deserves it. What more credit do you want for him? MVP maybee...

I'm not talking about that. :rolleyes

I'm talking about the people in this forum who keep saying he was "punked out" by Parker last time. He deosn't deserve that if he was battling the flu.

ducks
02-09-2005, 07:25 PM
G. Arenas 3 0-3
does he have the flu this time

tp has 4 assist
he has none!

Dre_7
02-09-2005, 07:26 PM
LOL ducks, its a lil early dont ya think?