PDA

View Full Version : If A&M loses this weekend...

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 01:11 AM
What are you A&M fans going to say/do?

Eternal darkness?

Acceptance of the inferiority complex thing?

Well?

RonMexico
09-05-2008, 08:42 AM

Eternal darkness?

Well?

Um... I'm pretty sure Arkansas State has more quality wins that you guys this year, so I would slow down on the inferiority complex jabs.

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Eternal darkness?

Well?

inferiority complex
–noun
1. Starting a superfluous thread about another unrelated school when your own team barely beat a D1-AA school at home. Petrino!!!OMG!!!SAVIOR!!!
2. The state of Arkansas

And to save you the trouble of looking it up...

su·per·flu·ous [soo-pur-floo-uhs]
–adjective
1. being more than is sufficient or required; excessive.
2. unnecessary or needless.

MajorMike
09-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it is more of a false sense of superiority that atm usually has.

j-6
09-05-2008, 10:19 AM
A&M and Arkansas face similar challenges Saturday. On the heels of an underwhelming Week One, both teams have to go on the road and play schools from inferior conferences that looked pitiful in the face of superior opposition in their openers. Monroe was shelled against Auburn and New Mexico got knocked around by TCU. Not to mention both teams have one game's worth of experience under their new coaches.

I think both teams will struggle before getting close wins.

RonMexico
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM

I don't think that's it at all, Mike. However, this is coming from the guy with the greatest penis envy of Oklahoma (the school) and Tulsa (the city), so I have to take everything with a grain of salt.

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 10:57 AM

This coming from the king of having "a false sense of superiority":sleep

MajorMike
09-05-2008, 11:30 AM
This coming from the king of having "a false sense of superiority":sleep

Pffft... nice try at a dig, however baseless. Unless I am poking fun or being devil's advocate (which most posters around here simply don't get at all) I am completely established in what my school is. It is a middle of the road B12 football school, the second best historical program in a small state, one of the best basketball schools in history yet behind one in its own conference. I never claim OSU is a better football program than uo or UT. We can occasionally beat uo but we struggle to garner the same level of recruits. We have had some nice years in the past but the last couple have still been disappointing.

You can't tell me that atm fans don't believe that they are one of the best football programs ever and are still on par with UT year-in-and-year-out. They honestly do believe that. Everyone is calling this loss the most embarrassing loss in atm history when just a few years ago uo killed them 77-0.

Yes, I know too well OSU's current place in football and am not happy with it. That being said, a loss at Troy is not a loss at home to arKy State.

j-6
09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Why doesn't Okie State schedule Tulsa in football?

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Um... I'm pretty sure Arkansas State has more quality wins that you guys this year, so I would slow down on the inferiority complex jabs.

We're one game into the season.. ......

inferiority complex
–noun
1. Starting a superfluous thread about another unrelated school when your own team barely beat a D1-AA school at home. Petrino!!!OMG!!!SAVIOR!!!
2. The state of Arkansas

And to save you the trouble of looking it up...

su·per·flu·ous [soo-pur-floo-uhs]
–adjective
1. being more than is sufficient or required; excessive.
2. unnecessary or needless.

When you're funny I'll let you know. I have A&M fans in my family therefor I like to spread the smack talk around. And Husker fans too.

That shit reminds me of T Park in an argument. Weak and easy. Try harder.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Same reason Arkansas doesn't play ASU. But that's likely to change here soon.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
LMAO Doug at your sig. Am I supposed to feel stupid or something from that? It's the best thing that could have happened and I am so happy it did. That sig if anything is victory.

j-6
09-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Same reason Arkansas doesn't play ASU. But that's likely to change here soon.

Forgive my lack of exact Okie/Arkie-centric geography, but here goes...

I thought Stillwater and Tulsa were pretty close to each other (less than 100 miles), like about as far away as Fayetteville is from Tulsa. And I thought (from when UT played them) Arkansas State's campus was over by Memphis.

Just seems like a natural rivalry, but I guess you don't see Texas scheduling Texas State just because the campus is nearby.

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 01:01 PM
LMAO Doug at your sig. Am I supposed to feel stupid or something from that? It's the best thing that could have happened and I am so happy it did. That sig if anything is victory.

None of the above. I just think it's funny.

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 01:03 PM
We're one game into the season.. ......

When you're funny I'll let you know. I have A&M fans in my family therefor I like to spread the smack talk around. And Husker fans too.

That shit reminds me of T Park in an argument. Weak and easy. Try harder.

Please let me know as soon as possible.:rolleyes

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Pffft... nice try at a dig, however baseless. Unless I am poking fun or being devil's advocate (which most posters around here simply don't get at all) I am completely established in what my school is. It is a middle of the road B12 football school, the second best historical program in a small state, one of the best basketball schools in history yet behind one in its own conference. I never claim OSU is a better football program than uo or UT. We can occasionally beat uo but we struggle to garner the same level of recruits. We have had some nice years in the past but the last couple have still been disappointing.

You can't tell me that atm fans don't believe that they are one of the best football programs ever and are still on par with UT year-in-and-year-out. They honestly do believe that. Everyone is calling this loss the most embarrassing loss in atm history when just a few years ago uo killed them 77-0.

Yes, I know too well OSU's current place in football and am not happy with it. That being said, a loss at Troy is not a loss at home to arKy State.

Some A&M fans think that way, just like some Okie State fans aka Boone Pickens think they're the greatest athletic program known to man.

A&M will never = UT but we can still have high expectations for our program. 10 years ago we won the Big 12 and have gone to the shitter since, so god forbid fans have expectations of getting the team back to that level. A&M has the fanbase and resources to be a top program, but it'll probably never consistently be one and that's fine with me. Losing to Arky State at home is inexcusable but whatever I'll live. We're a basketball school now anyways...*sarcasm*

MajorMike
09-05-2008, 01:32 PM

Both OSU and uo have 2-for-1 deals with Tulsa. OSU's last one ran out in '04. uo played at TU last year. TU will be @ uo in '09, @ OSU in '10, in '11 have OSU at home and @ uo, then be @ OSU again in '12.

I think TU also has a 1-for-1 with ttek upcoming.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Forgive my lack of exact Okie/Arkie-centric geography, but here goes...

I thought Stillwater and Tulsa were pretty close to each other (less than 100 miles), like about as far away as Fayetteville is from Tulsa. And I thought (from when UT played them) Arkansas State's campus was over by Memphis.

Just seems like a natural rivalry, but I guess you don't see Texas scheduling Texas State just because the campus is nearby.

Well Broyles didn't play ASU because of was afraid of getting beat. He wanted Arkansas to be Arkansas' team and never wanted to hurt that by getting beat by some smaller ASU school in the state. However I do think it happened once a long time ago.

Fans want to play ASU and the new AD is going to deliver that I am sure. ASU is wanting it bad, they always have.

So I assumed that's why they don't play Tulsa. They want to hold their firm grip on whatever they currently have.

You're right about where they are. About 100 miles NE of Little rock and about 50 or so NW of Memphis.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Please let me know as soon as possible.:rolleyes

Well don't get your hopes up and wait on it.

Obstructed_View
09-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I became an A&M fan this year becaues my nephew just started there. My other team is Baylor so I could really care less if the Aggies win or not. I'm grateful that the one team I live and die with wins on occasion. :)

RonMexico
09-05-2008, 02:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Petrino will not have more wins than Houston Nutt this year...

RonMexico
09-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Well Broyles didn't play ASU because of was afraid of getting beat. He wanted Arkansas to be Arkansas' team and never wanted to hurt that by getting beat by some smaller ASU school in the state. However I do think it happened once a long time ago.

Fans want to play ASU and the new AD is going to deliver that I am sure. ASU is wanting it bad, they always have.

So I assumed that's why they don't play Tulsa. They want to hold their firm grip on whatever they currently have.

You're right about where they are. About 100 miles NE of Little rock and about 50 or so NW of Memphis.

Basically, you're saying that if you were playing an actual school instead of WIU last week, you probably would have lost... which would have made Petrino resign to take the Hawaii job.

johngateswhiteley
09-05-2008, 02:39 PM
there is more to it than this, but A&M is a top program...and at least they've won a football national championship and been in the running for others in various years. yeah, we haven't been good in a while, but that doesn't change the fact. and i don't know many Aggies that think their program is better than t.u.'s, but that doesn't mean we can't compete with them. in fact, with the talent, fan base and resources...i don't see how we aren't more competitive. underachievers, i guess...

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1869&end=2007&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

johngateswhiteley
09-05-2008, 02:48 PM

you forgot to mention Texas A&M, Colorado and Nebraska are all far superior football programs than okie state. shit baylor has more all time wins...

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 02:55 PM
there is more to it than this, but A&M is a top program...and at least they've won a football national championship and been in the running for others in various years. yeah, we haven't been good in a while, but that doesn't change the fact. and i don't know many Aggies that think their program is better than t.u.'s, but that doesn't mean we can't compete with them. in fact, with the talent, fan base and resources...i don't see how we aren't more competitive. underachievers, i guess...

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1869&end=2007&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

Isn't it still in litigation?

RonMexico
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
you forgot to mention Texas A&M, Colorado and Nebraska are all far superior football programs than okie state. shit baylor has more all time wins...

This man does make a point. Such is the state of your program....

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Petrino will not have more wins than Houston Nutt this year...

You're talking about Ole Miss dude... I might consider that opinion if they go in and beat Wake Forest tomorrow.

Basically, you're saying that if you were playing an actual school instead of WIU last week, you probably would have lost... which would have made Petrino resign to take the Hawaii job.

Nutt was never a good recruiter, he couldn't even recruit his own state unless they were already Hog fans. He left the cupboard empty. We're playing with a bunch of freshmen and implementing a new offense- scratch that.. a new everything with these kids. Of course we probably would have lost. We had several kids suspended last week too that will be starting tomorrow. So it won't be so bad.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm sorry but to look over a list that ranks shit teams with shit schedules and base anything off of it is ridiculous.

johngateswhiteley
09-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry but to look over a list that ranks shit teams with shit schedules and base anything off of it is ridiculous.

(sigh)...you're making assumptions. and its not ridiculous.

Doug Collins
09-05-2008, 04:11 PM
You're talking about Ole Miss dude... I might consider that opinion if they go in and beat Wake Forest tomorrow.

Nutt was never a good recruiter, he couldn't even recruit his own state unless they were already Hog fans. He left the cupboard empty. We're playing with a bunch of freshmen and implementing a new offense- scratch that.. a new everything with these kids. Of course we probably would have lost. We had several kids suspended last week too that will be starting tomorrow. So it won't be so bad.

Sounds like the exact same situation at A&M.

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Bullshit. We haven't had 3984753507 coaches in the last few years. They are not as young as we are, and are not going through near as many changes. All new coaches, athletic director.. ... .. bullshit.

j-6
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM

What's a top program? I'm not talking from the Civil War to present, but more recently.

Top ten nationally? No, but I'd put Oklahoma and Texas on it. Throw in USC, Ohio State, LSU, Michigan, and Florida for sure. Miami, Bama, and Tennessee I guess to round that out.

Top twenty? Hmmm. Virginia Tech and Notre Dame weren't on the top ten. Georgia? Auburn? Penn State? Florida State? Wisconsin?

That's 17 programs right there. Who are your other three? Is A&M one of them?

Obstructed_View
09-05-2008, 05:44 PM
shit baylor has more all time wins...

http://www.baylor.edu/content/imglib/29823.jpg

johngateswhiteley
09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
What's a top program? I'm not talking from the Civil War to present, but more recently.

past success, current success, support, resources...etc. A&M is easily a top 25 program...no way top 10 though. i don't think tennessee is in the top 10...

redraiderinfiji
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I am happy to see jgw admit that his aggies are just plain BAD. But it took him almost a decade to realize that.

A&M has great resources, and yes they do get talent, but they never produce (or at least in the last 10 years they have not)!

Tech - going for 11 of 14

Whisky Dog
09-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't mind a&m if they didnt have the creepy cult factor and the gay male cheerleaders making gay gestures all game.

Doug Collins
09-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Bullshit. We haven't had 3984753507 coaches in the last few years. They are not as young as we are, and are not going through near as many changes. All new coaches, athletic director.. ... .. bullshit.

What are you talking about? 3 coaches in the last 10 years and RC was there for a millennium before being whacked. Yes, Fran ran through coordinators like nobody's business but he was also an idiot.

A&M is completely changing their offensive (option to pro set) and defensive schemes and they don't yet have the personnel that really fits them. Our wide receivers consist of a true freshman and our two backup quarterbacks. On top of that, we have an all new offensive line with one player that has any experience, and a defense that is still completely fucked. They may not all be as "young" but many positions on the depth chart are filled with players that have little to no experience and a handful of walk-ons that are expected to contribute. The only "solid" position on the field is tailback and qb and that's questionable now that Goodson forgot how to carry a ball and McGee is getting used to actually having to make passing reads again.

The situations are very similar outside of the fact that our AD has been there more than 5 years. Both teams are in rebuilding mode and hopefully both coaches are able to bring back the programs successfully.

Fin

Doug Collins
09-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't mind a&m if they didnt have the creepy cult factor and the gay male cheerleaders making gay gestures all game.

I'm all for tradition but many of the things aggies do are quite creepy to outsiders. Not every aggie is cultish but the ones that are are obnoxiously visible and it makes the rest of us look bad. But whatever...

gay male cheerleaders = yell leaders:downspin:

Brutalis
09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
What are you talking about? 3 coaches in the last 10 years and RC was there for a millennium before being whacked. Yes, Fran ran through coordinators like nobody's business but he was also an idiot.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Flirting with Alabama-like consistency. Although they are in position to dust off the old dominance.

A&M is completely changing their offensive (option to pro set) and defensive schemes and they don't yet have the personnel that really fits them. Our wide receivers consist of a true freshman and our two backup quarterbacks. On top of that, we have an all new offensive line with one player that has any experience, and a defense that is still completely fucked. They may not all be as "young" but many positions on the depth chart are filled with players that have little to no experience and a handful of walk-ons that are expected to contribute. The only "solid" position on the field is tailback and qb and that's questionable now that Goodson forgot how to carry a ball and McGee is getting used to actually having to make passing reads again.

The situations are very similar outside of the fact that our AD has been there more than 5 years. Both teams are in rebuilding mode and hopefully both coaches are able to bring back the programs successfully.

Fin

What do you mean bring back the programs successfully? Arkansas has been successful under Houston Nutt in the last 10 years. Maybe not the way I'd like to be. He was just one dimensional, very predictable and way too conservative.

I fail to see how the programs are alike. TAMU brought this on themselves, and got nothing else to blame. They keep retooling and retooling and now, retooling again to what avail? While Arkansas has had one coaching change including staff and scouting and are adjusting to just that. And it's not their fault Nutt was a Nutt. Only fault they hold is not riding of him sooner. Alike? No.

Doug Collins
09-06-2008, 03:06 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Flirting with Alabama-like consistency. Although they are in position to dust off the old dominance.

What do you mean bring back the programs successfully? Arkansas has been successful under Houston Nutt in the last 10 years. Maybe not the way I'd like to be. He was just one dimensional, very predictable and way too conservative.

I fail to see how the programs are alike. TAMU brought this on themselves, and got nothing else to blame. They keep retooling and retooling and now, retooling again to what avail? While Arkansas has had one coaching change including staff and scouting and are adjusting to just that. And it's not their fault Nutt was a Nutt. Only fault they hold is not riding of him sooner. Alike? No.

The situation THIS YEAR. New coach, new systems, lack of experienced players, etc. I'm not comparing the whole history of the two programs.

RonMexico
09-06-2008, 03:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=frightful/080905

Mike and Brutalis should read this...

PeterBurns
09-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Jerod Johnson looked pretty good today. UNM is terrible, but A&M needed a win like this.
Goodson needs to learn how to hold on to the football. Too many fumbles. The Fuller kid at WR is going to be damn good.

Although, I still think if you get a team with a decent pass rush, and run game, A&M gets blown out. They'll win 4-5 games

RonMexico
09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I like the discipline our players are showing on defense. They still need to keep their heads in it for a full game, but Fran could never have gotten this kind of performance out of Michael Bennett, so that's a good thing.

I like some of the offensive sets they threw out there and Fuller and Johnson looked good. O-line needs to learn how to pick up the blitzes better and the RBs need to block better out there on the whole. Goodson needs to hold onto the ball, but he got swallowed up a lot out there and I'd like to see what he can do when he gets some decent holes. Can't be muffing punts either...

Brutalis
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=frightful/080905

Mike and Brutalis should read this...

Dude, every SEC school loads up on them. What the fuck? Do you even watch college football?

Your Suns fan flair is showing lately. You might want to put a cup over the glare.

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't know what this has to do with the Suns. I'm extremely honest about the Suns and the Aggies. I'm a fan and I cheer for them, but you don't see me ripping on any other team right now when both of my favorites are having their struggles. You should express such humility as well and turn off the Houston Nutt hatred and remove Petrino's penis from your mouth.

Doug Collins
09-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Jerod Johnson looked pretty good today. UNM is terrible, but A&M needed a win like this.
Goodson needs to learn how to hold on to the football. Too many fumbles. The Fuller kid at WR is going to be damn good.

Although, I still think if you get a team with a decent pass rush, and run game, A&M gets blown out. They'll win 4-5 games

Fuller is a stud. That touchdown catch he had was ridiculous. Johnson looked good, especially at not forcing many throws. I'd like to see how he handles Miami's pressure with our crap o-line. Goodson's fumbling is starting to become a mental thing, hopefully he doesn't lose too much confidence.

Overall, a good win even though they let up at the end. I don't see them beating any really quality teams, but it was a good bounce back game.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM

If UNM's QB wasn't playing catch with the A&M DB's in the first half I think UNM wins that game.

But neither team showed me a whole lot that would make me think either is going to have a great year.

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't know what this has to do with the Suns. I'm extremely honest about the Suns and the Aggies. I'm a fan and I cheer for them, but you don't see me ripping on any other team right now when both of my favorites are having their struggles. You should express such humility as well and turn off the Houston Nutt hatred and remove Petrino's penis from your mouth.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2758182&postcount=8

MajorMike
09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Is ronnie still here?

So you think this sophmore QB starts over McGee next game? He didn't look too bad.

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Learn how to spell the word "sophomore" and then we can talk, Mikey.

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Brutalis, let's settle this once and for all. I already have $100 down that you have yet to graduate college at age 23. However, I'm willing to put down about $1,000 that you have never attended the University of Arkansas. Where did you go? Arkansas State? APB?

Come on, just tell us...

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Your inferiority complex has you talking about cocks and trying to pull my personal life into this.

Ultimate fail. For everyone to see.

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Your inferiority complex has you talking about cocks and trying to pull my personal life into this.

Ultimate fail. For everyone to see.

Um, Doug Collins and I addressed your "inferiority complex" attempts above in a civil manner. We made very simple, easy-to-follow comparisons of our two programs and then you started talking about historical records, Houston Nutt, and Coach Fran's number of assistant coaches.

Since you're unwilling to answer the question, I'm going to assume that you haven't graduated college, are unemployed, and live with your parents. I'd put the odds at about .00001% that you ever attended the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.

Please begin correcting me when I say anything inaccurate.

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
You wouldn't know civil if it killed your mother in the middle of the night.

Doesn't matter where I went to school.

I live with my dad. He has a medical condition that makes it to where he cannot live alone. Want to rag on that too?

You have nothing. You are shit bro. Your points, your attacks. Lame. You try to hard and end up looking like a complete senseless Mongolian turtle douche cake.

Keep those wheels churning though, princess.

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Honestly this wasn't a serious thread. I thought I could play around and get a rise out of some TAMU people but it turned into Ron having a fucking fit over senseless bullshit and then contradicting himself in repeated insults.

I remember when me and Dio used to go at it. At least he made it fun and made me work on my replies. We're cool now though. He's a smart dude. Others... well they try.

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Dio is an idiot.

RonMexico
The situation THIS YEAR. New coach, new systems, lack of experienced players, etc. I'm not comparing the whole history of the two programs.

RonMexico

Fin

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Eternal darkness?

Well?

"I'm just getting a rise out of you even though with the state of my program, I'm in no place to talk. Pig Sooooooooieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Dio is an idiot.

Then that doesn't say much at all about you.

"I'm just getting a rise out of you even though with the state of my program, I'm in no place to talk. Pig Sooooooooieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Name who else got all anal and messed up besides you. Seriously.

Don't feel bad because you're the only one who bit. It's okay, that was my intentions and it worked. Thank you please come again.

RonMexico
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Then that doesn't say much at all about you.

You're right - it says a lot about you b/c you think he's a "smart dude."

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Keep swinging you'll get one sooner or later.

johngateswhiteley
09-10-2008, 12:31 AM
This man does make a point. Such is the state of your program....

not to mention it shut little mikey up...thats hard to do.

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/01-00/01-23-00/mikey1.jpg