PDA

View Full Version : activities during timeout

tccaen
09-05-2008, 02:53 AM
hello,
we are french students and we would like to know what kind of activities the spurs offer to the public during timeout and half-time.
thanks for your answers

Brutalis
09-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Cheerleaders showing lots of skin. :tu

Kamnik
09-05-2008, 03:50 AM
IŽd guess you need this for some kind of seminary paper or so?

I cant really help you because I never attended a live Spur game but i guess you can find some info/pics in www.spurs.com

Sense
09-05-2008, 03:59 AM
hello,
we are french students and we would like to know what kind of activities the spurs offer to the public during timeout and half-time.
thanks for your answers

I only went to one.... but this pretty much sums it up..

http://z.about.com/d/sanantonio/1/0/D/B/-/-/spursgame1f.jpg

Kori Ellis
09-05-2008, 03:59 AM
During time outs they have fan contests. These vary quite a bit. It can be anything from shooting a 3-pointer to doing some silly obstacle course to answer a trivia question to catching beach balls that are dropped from the ceiling of the arena.

Spurs "Drop in the Bucket" is probably the most popular contest. One fan come out and has to shoot into these buckets (actually tall canisters). If you make the first one, you win a certain prize, then you need to hit the second, etc. There's four buckets plus a special final one. There's a prize for each one and the final prize is a Spurs autographed team ball (it used to be a big screen TV). If you hit all five buckets (it doesn't happen often) then you come back at the end of the season and get to shoot a half court shot for a chance at a car/truck.

Half time shows can be anything from singers to dogs catching frisbees to Red Panda.

This is Red Panda ...

V8INc7GIqxc

mrspurs
09-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Here's another one a few might remember. Back before they made TP,Manu and Timmy Pom Poms and before most of play babies were born. Back at the hemisphere, they would hand out papers with Spurs stuff on it as you walked in. At halftime they would put these huge circles on the court. You then made a paper plane with that paper and from where you sit, you would chunk your paper plane(like horry used to chunk 3's) and try and put your plane in the circle and win prizes etc. After a few eyes were taken out, they canned the idea. I was just 12 or so, and I thought to myself, this is dumb, noway your plane makes it from where Im sitting in the newly added top. Heck even when Barry was still running the show for the San Antonio Newspaper and I used to get floor seats when he couldnt make the game, it was impossible. Yes even at 12, I was on the floor watching Spurs games.........Life is good

ShoogarBear
09-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Didn't T Park win the Drop in the Bucket one night?

Kori Ellis
09-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Didn't T Park win the Drop in the Bucket one night?

Yes, and he was brought back at the end of the season to shoot for the truck. He was the only one all season to hit all five.

I Love Me Some Me
09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
They have dot races that seem to excite the crowd more than the basketball game itself.

thispego
09-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes, and he was brought back at the end of the season to shoot for the truck. He was the only one all season to hit all five.

didnt he air ball the half-court shot?

wildbill2u
09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
The following are more what the Spurs did for halftime because they had more time to fill.

Back in the day, they used to have lots of outside gymnast schools bring in their students for demonstrations. Some had enough students to completely ring the basketball floor while completing their gyrations.

Another 'favorite' was performances by high school precision drill teams. One of my personal favorites of the genre (sarcasm on) was an all female team,dressed in military attire with rifles who did the manual of arms routines while marching very stiff-legged like robots.

The Spurs have at least one employee working on filling the half-time with something--anything--that might provide enterntainment and a focus for the crowd during dull moments.

FromWayDowntown
09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Lots of video of Manu kissing teammates.

jaffies
09-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Brisket.

VQcK494KBFY

Los Spurs
09-05-2008, 04:55 PM
They have dot races that seem to excite the crowd more than the basketball game itself.

:lol

ducks
09-05-2008, 07:05 PM
receiving blow jobs

century
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
hello,
thanks for your answers

French??? Wine and cheese tasting? Miss leghair contest? Strongest BO stink-a-thon? Mutual masturbation?

Heh...just kidding folks.

There are some decent looking girls spreading themselves, they are called cheerleaders. Then there's a deranged dude dressed in a maingy dogsuit performing stupid stunts, he (or she) is called the Coyote. And of course there are grossly overpriced cheese-oozing nachos (this is really a mexitown), greasy hotdogs and watered down beer -the quantities are limited only by your budgets. That's called eating yourself to an early grave, and South Texans excel in it. But luckily the Spurs are such a good team that, besides the game, none of that other shit really matters.

Hope you enjoy yourselves at the game.

Cheers!

ShoogarBear
09-06-2008, 12:28 AM
receiving blow jobs

That must have been Fan Appreciation Night.

tccaen
09-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Thank you for your replies !
Are there specific activities organised during wnba's matches?
We would like to know if the activities are the same for both wnba and nba.

tccaen
09-09-2008, 06:27 AM
no ideas?????

Kori Ellis
09-09-2008, 06:32 AM
The activities are not the same for both, but they do have activities for WNBA games.

koriwhat
09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Thank you for your replies !
Are there specific activities organised during wnba's matches?
We would like to know if the activities are the same for both wnba and nba.

people actually attend wnba games? shit people actually watch the wnba?

spurspf
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
receiving blow jobs

How the fuck did I miss that game! I have season tickets.:lol