PDA

View Full Version : A standoff with a Moose

BacktoBasics
09-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't know what reminded me of it but all this Palin talk and a Moose and the fact that the parts guy just sneezed I'm reminded of the time I was up in New Hamshire. Back then it was and probably still is illegal to shoot a Moose. Well I was coming up on this icy swamp land and low and behold I hear this sneeze out of nowhere. I turned around there was this Moose snorting away. The rack was huge...larger than my full arms width.

Now a Moose will charge a freight train if it wanted to. They're real Ornery and you don't provoke a Moose. If it charged I'd have to shoot it but I didn't want to break the law so I waited.

I moved 10 feet

The moose moved 10 feet

I moved 20 feet

The moose moved 20 feet

this went on for well over two hours until I managed to sneak away quietly back into the woods. Not long after that my sister who had a herd of 200 cattle told me a story of how a local moose would jump the fence and romance a young calf. Its no wonder it didn't kill her. I guess he wasn't getting enough from the other moose's.

This is the shit I have to listen to everyday. What the fuck is this shit anyway it made no sense I gained nothing from it. This old fucker has a god damn story for everything. You can't get two words out before old Dave chims in with a "back in the day":rolleyes . Sometimes I can aggitate him and run his ass by talking shit about our government, McCain or the military but he's in for the long haul today. This Friday is never going to end.

clambake
09-05-2008, 12:00 PM
xray's name is dave?

BacktoBasics
09-05-2008, 12:00 PM
xray's name is dave?xray?

mrsmaalox
09-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Just humor the poor old dude. That job is the highlight of his day, I'm sure. Just think, some day, when he's 6 feet under, you'll be able to torture all those around you with stories about old Dave, thanks to Dave!

CavsSuperFan
09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
I had a similar experience…Got an older 3 wheel ATC stuck in the mud on a deer hunt in Utah on a private hunting reserve…The moose were recent transplants from Canada…A huge fine if you accidentally shoot one…A bull moose ran up & blew snot on me…:depressed