PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show & Samantha Bee: What's that word? Rhymes with Voice.

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://jezebel.com/5045887/the-daily-show-palin-is-able-to-make-the-choice-she-doesnt-really-want-other-people-to-have

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Repub: "This woman is qualified!"

Sam: "Tell me about her qualifications."

Repub: "One. She's a beautiful lady."

:lol:lol:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
man, i'll get a lot of miles out of this vid

emM3BvCRP9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emM3BvCRP9E

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Sam: But they'll have the freedom to make that decision.

Repub: Well yes, but. I-I don't think that the... I don't think that the decision... I-I think it should be... not, I think that the family decision would become uhh a towel yes, ok.

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Repub: You know the left, um, clammers for choice. We wanna make choice. We want choice and Sarah Palin's daughter has made a choice.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Un-programmed Obamessidencon: What legislation has Obama passed? What makes him experienced to run a country? Why the deep rooted association with William Ayers? Explain Public Allies?

Obamessidencon: BUSH!!!!!! SAME!!!!!!!!! PALIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9716/opera02xg4.jpg

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Go start your own thread dipshit, no need to ruin this one.

Spurminator
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
The fishing for "choice" bit didn't make sense.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
damn, i've sure been straightened out for my childish behavior. my apologies.

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
The fishing for "choice" bit didn't make sense.

How so?

Spurminator
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Because it implies that Bristol having a baby is a contradiction to the Palin family's pro-life stance.

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Because it implies that Bristol having a baby is a contradiction to the Palin family's pro-life stance.

But what if Bristol herself wanted an abortion?

That's the entire point, it's not a "family's" stance, it's the parents stance. Also, if Palin has her way, no woman would have a choice.

Sarah Palin wants no abortion, not even if the pregnancies came from rape. Too bad. You have no choice.

I can understand someone seeing that and being perplexed but you also have to see the underlining subtext.

Spurminator
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Where do you get the impression that Bristol wanted an abortion, and what does that have to do with her pregnancy being a private matter?

Let me be clear I'm as pro-choice as anyone but I don't see the connection in this piece. None of the delegates she was interviewing made any comment that even remotely alluded to abortion.

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't but neither does anyone saying she wanted to keep it. But that's not the point, because the underlying context was that woman should have a choice. If Palin has her way, they won't.

clambake
09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
they've decided to hold a shotgun wedding instead.

i predict a trainwreck on the horizon.

Spurminator
09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't but neither does anyone saying she wanted to keep it. But that's not the point, because the underlying context was that woman should have a choice. If Palin has her way, they won't.

But none of those delegates believe in that choice or made any statement to contradict that view. Abortion isn't the only choice besides having and keeping a baby.

Buddy Holly
09-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I understand that. I think you're analyzing this way too hard but I also understand your position. It was a superficial bait job.

spurspur
09-05-2008, 01:59 PM

Your right there was no connection at all. It was a dumb skit and all the liberals in the crowd loved it and thought they were really making the Republicans look dumb.

Sarah Palin is Pro-Life not Pro-Choice. Her daughter got pregnant. Since her family is pro-life, there is really no difference if the government allows abortion or not.

The fact that her daughter is pregnant has zero correlation with her pro-life stance. The only way it would is if her daughter had an abortion. This did not happen, therefore there is no correlation.

Of course the Daily show is now a "Republicans suck" infomercial, so they are going to try and smear Palin any way they can. The idiots in the crowd fell for it as well as some on here.