PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think??

Red Hawk #21
09-05-2008, 03:51 PM
This guy thinks Monta Ellis's career is over...

http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/2008/09/montas-career-is-overnow-what.html
Monta's career is over...now what?

Lowell Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat confirmed today what I've been saying for a week...that Monta Ellis' career is over...Ellis thought it was a good idea to ride a motorcycle after signing a $67m contract with the Warriors and crashed the bike tearing the deltoid ligament in his ankle and ending his NBA career after just 3 seasons...Ellis at first told the W's that he was injured working out but the snitches quickly came out of the shadows to tell the press exactly what happened...none of that matters...what's done is done...what does matter is what this means for Ellis and the Warriors...and I'm here to help sort it all out...

Warriors: absolutely nothing...I've wanted the W's to trade Monta for over a year...Monta's ghetto and dumb...a lethal combo...it's ok to be smart and ghetto like Ocho Cinco or dumb and normal like Jason kidd but when you combine ghetto and dumb, bad things happen...Michael Vick / Carmelo Anthony bad...and it doesn't matter how talented you are...it's going to eventually blow up...you don't build teams around guys like that...that's why I'm glad this happened now...we can void the contract, tank the season, and build around Jrue and our frontline...Jrue's not ghetto...he's purebred and exotic...the paperwork to void Monta's contract has already been filed with Fenwick & West...

Ellis: Monta's made $1.9m in his 3 NBA seasons...all of it's gone...and he spent another $5m this summer, including $20k on the custom Ducati racer he crashed...he has no savings, no prospects, and owes the cheapest owner in pro sports $5m...I see foreclosures and bankruptcies in Monta's future followed by drugs, alcohol, crime, and death...we'll be talking about Old School in 10 years the same way we talk about Earl the Goat, Lenny Cooke, and Chris Washburn...it's for the best really...Rasheeda Jones has already lost his number...

DPG21920
09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Bull shit....

Red Hawk #21
09-05-2008, 03:56 PM
This guy is obviously overreacting about Monta being dumb and ghetto imo, but I do think he has a good point that his career may be over. People don't realize how bad it is for a athlete to tear his/her deltoid ligament, this ligament is highly needed for an athelete's explosion and quickness. Personally I think Monta will be back but I just don't think he'll be as good as he was before because of this injury.

DPG21920
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
We will just have to wait and see before making claims like this

Red Hawk #21
09-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Im not making any claims, if anything I want to see Monta back 100% but from what Im reading around the internet this seems like a serious injury. I hope he's ok though because he is a very exciting player to watch.

DPG21920
09-05-2008, 04:47 PM
No, I just meant the guy who wrote this. It would be like me writing that article about Manu on this forum.

manufor3
09-05-2008, 05:18 PM
:td

BWS-1994
09-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Unlike Jayson Williams, formerly of Chicago Bulls, Monta Ellis was able to sign a big contract before crashing his bike.

Didn't Chris Mullin add a "No riding bikes" in the contract?