PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Manu

FearDaFro
02-09-2005, 03:53 PM
He deserved it.

I wish Rip would have gotten in, but Manu gives me some hope for next year......

nkdlunch
02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
There are other more deserving players for the ASG than Manu. Manu ONLY averages 15 ppg. I can't believe those shitty coaches missed stars like Spree and Bibby.

Sorry dude but Spree and allstar?? hahahahahaah :lol

Buenos Hairys
02-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I CONGRAT MANU ES MUY BIEN

FearDaFro
02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Spree needs the invite to Denver so he can rummage around the dumpsters for food so he can feed his children....

nkdlunch
02-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Spree needs the invite to Denver so he can rummage around the dumpsters for food so he can feed his children....
:lol :lmao

if u have time, check this out its hilarious:

http://www.thebrushback.com/defenderlaughs_full.htm

I f*king hate that punka** Sprewell

Medvedenko
02-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Look I think they missed the ball choosing Manu over Webber, bibby, brand et al...however thinking about it today...Manu's a good choice as I like him better than those afformentioned players....he may not have the stats...but he's an impact player that all players are aware of when on the court. You have to appreciate that.

ducks
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
it is nice that the spurs could go to bat for manu and not tp

should make tp feel good
they try to replace tp with kidd
he signs the extention and still they do not go to bat for tp for allstar game

MosesGuthrie
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't believe those shitty coaches

one of which was Flip Saunders.

Seru Giran
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM
There are other more deserving players for the ASG than Manu. Manu ONLY averages 15 ppg. I can't believe those shitty coaches missed stars like Spree and Bibby.

I'm sure they don't make the decision with a stat sheet in front of them, as I don't see all the West coaches surfing the stats page from nba.com to determine who deserves to be an All star.
it's from what they see from the games, sure stats are important but they don't tell the whole story.

Manu brings leadership, high effort, intensity and does all the little things that go unnoticed to the casual fan EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Useruser666
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM

Latrell Sprewell
Minnesota Timberwolves
Position: G
Height: 6-5 Weight: 195
College: Alabama '92
Player file | Team stats
2004-05 Statistics
PPG 12.6
RPG 2.4
APG 2.2
SPG .70
BPG .23
FG% .416
FT% .854
3P% .342
MPG 30.6

Emanuel Ginobili
San Antonio Spurs
Position: G
Height: 6-6 Weight: 205
Player file | Team stats
2004-05 Statistics
PPG 15.9
RPG 4.4
APG 4.0
SPG 1.76
BPG .39
FG% .490
FT% .807
3P% .393
MPG 29.8

Checkmate!

Medvedenko
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah that spree comment is ludicrous...an all-star in years past....but this year he's struggling...

ALVAREZ6
02-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Look I think they missed the ball choosing Manu over Webber, bibby, brand et al...however thinking about it today...Manu's a good choice as I like him better than those afformentioned players....he may not have the stats...but he's an impact player that all players are aware of when on the court. You have to appreciate that.
Manu "doesn't have the stats" because he is on the Spurs, a very deep team.

He doesn't shoot as nearly as many times per game as any other all star.

Medvedenko
02-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Look, obviously he's on the team for a reason....his shot attempts are indicative of his importance in the O.

tekdragon
02-09-2005, 05:09 PM
his shot attempts are indicative of his importance in the O.

I don't think this statement is entirely accurate. Manu changes the game without dominating the ball. Look at Tim...if he has a game with low shot attempts, it's ridiculous to say that's indicative of his importance in the offense. That's just not something that can be judged based on shot attempts. Shaq and Steve Nash both have fewer shot attempts than in years past...to say that indicates they're less important in their respective offenses just doesn't work. Take Kobe: let's say (hypothetically, of course), that his shot attempts were down (imagine that!)...he'd still be the focal point of the entire offense. It's just not an accurate gauge.

Medvedenko
02-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Tekdragon...yes you're right...my point is this....all 5 players are just as important in initiating the O, and facilitating movement and effeciency....the shot attempts usually dictate the player that is the focus of the Offence, hence scoring...yes everyone is important...

SuperManu!!!
02-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Medvedenko is right....manu may average 15 points, but he is hell os a better player than the shitty timberwolves PGs....
If points were your logic WOLVES009, there should be no voting, only pick up the players points per game and the one with the highest wins.

ALVAREZ6
02-09-2005, 06:17 PM
You should consider shooting yourself.