PDA

View Full Version : People of South Florida

efrem1
09-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Why is Alcee Hastings still a congressman? With all the posts I have made in the past few weeks, I forgot about this guy. This man was impeached and thrown out of a judgeship for bribery and corruption and yet the Democrats in his district still vote for him in a landslide every election.

This is why I think the Democrats are not sincere with their change message. They talk a lot, but their actions speak for themselves. I just don't get their self righteous attitude with the likes of Eliot Spitzer, Kwame Kirpatrick and Marc Dann being shown the door.

Oh here is a bonus. What about Raul Martinez, who is running against Lincoln Diaz-Balart in a Miami-Dade congressional seat? This guy's campaign workers forged absentee ballots while he was running for mayor of Hialeah.

Change, change, change. Bah, humbug!!

Mister Sinister
09-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Why is Alcee Hastings still a congressman? With all the posts I have made in the past few weeks, I forgot about this guy. This man was impeached and thrown out of a judgeship for bribery and corruption and yet the Democrats in his district still vote for him in a landslide every election.

This is why I think the Democrats are not sincere with their change message. They talk a lot, but their actions speak for themselves. I just don't get their self righteous attitude with the likes of Eliot Spitzer, Kwame Kirpatrick and Marc Dann being shown the door.

Oh here is a bonus. What about Raul Martinez, who is running against Lincoln Diaz-Balart in a Miami-Dade congressional seat? This guy's campaign workers forged absentee ballots while he was running for mayor of Hialeah.

Change, change, change. Bah, humbug!!
Almost-Bowie forum.

Nbadan
09-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Hastings keeps getting reelected probably for the same reasons Stevens get reelected in Alaska and Delay used to get reelected in Texas - people say they want reform in Government, but what they really want is for everyone else to reform their politicians while ours continues to bring home the bacon..