PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine vs France

timaios
09-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Game played in Ukraine.

Ukraine 78 France 77

Ukraine made 6 3-pointers in the 4th quarter that killed France !

Tony Parker : 35:55 min 30 pts FG 9/21 (2/4 3pts) FT 10/11 2 ast 4 reb 2 to 1 st

Ronny Turiaf : 28:04 min 19 pts FG 8/11 (1/2 3pts) FT 2/6 2 ast 5 reb 2 to 0 st

Next games :

September 10 @Istanbul : Turkey - France
September 13 @Charleroi : Belgium - France
September 17 @Mans : France - Ukraine
September 20 @Limoges : France - Turkey

JamStone
09-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Does Tony Parker play shooting guard when he plays for France?

Lady M
09-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Does Tony Parker play shooting guard when he plays for France?
he play PG or SG but more PG

Bruno
09-06-2008, 10:29 AM
France lost 78-77 :depressed

Bruno
09-06-2008, 10:31 AM
The game in Turkey is now almost a must win.

Magic_Johnson
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
France's defense sucked in the 4th quarter.

timaios
09-06-2008, 10:40 AM
The game in Turkey is now almost a must win.

France will never win in Turkey with that team !

France need to win in Belgium and the 2 last games at home against Ukraine and Turkey.
The last one at home against Turkey will be the must win !

September 10 @Istanbul : Turkey - France
September 13 @Charleroi : Belgium - France
September 17 @Mans : France - Ukraine
September 20 @Limoges : France - Turkey

boutons_
09-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Tony's stats are looking great. Hope he saves some that, esp his energy, for when Manu is out.

Bruno
09-06-2008, 10:58 AM
France will never win in Turkey with that team !

France need to win in Belgium and the 2 last games at home against Ukraine and Turkey.
The last one at home against Turkey will be the must win !

I'm not sure it will be enough to be qualified. If that happens, France will finish with a 4-2 record and likely the second place in its group behind Turkey.
The worst second team won't be qualified and given that a 4-2 record is quite weak, France could be that team.

timaios
09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure it will be enough to be qualified. If that happens, France will finish with a 4-2 record and likely the second place in its group behind Turkey.
The worst second team won't be qualified and given that a 4-2 record is quite weak, France could be that team.

So you think there will be 3 "2nd place" teams with a 5-1 record ?
I don't think so.
The "point average" will certainly be crucial.

...and there is still 1 place for the losers (not last of their group) of the 1st phase. That would mean more games for TP. Not a good idea.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.pageID_XoMVvcZ8G5s9M7-Fk9ab-3.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2009.roundI D_6326.html

Bruno
09-06-2008, 12:30 PM
So you think there will be 3 "2nd place" teams with a 5-1 record ?
I don't think so.
The "point average" will certainly be crucial.

The group A has five teams, the second team of this group is virtually a lock not to be the worst second.
I don't think a team at the 2nd place will finish with a 5-1 record or a 3-3 record. IMO, teams ranked 2nd in their groups will be all tied at 4-2 and it will depend on the point-average and point average is quite random.

Anyway, we will see what will happens but this loss sucks ass.

timaios
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
The group A has five teams, the second team of this group is virtually a lock not to be the worst second.

There must be a rule that cancels the points won in the games played against the worst team of that group.
If not, it's unfair for the other "2nd place" teams.

Brutalis
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
When is this crap going to be over with?

timaios
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
When is this crap going to be over with?

read the 1st post

timvp
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Ukraine plays basketball? I know about Pecherov and Fesenko but that's about it. I looked at the boxscore and neither of those guys played.

I viewed how the tournament is setup but I can't tell if winning or losing will result in France playing less games. Whatever makes France play less games is what I'll root for. TP is already turning emo and that team looks like a mess.

urunobili
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Shit... was it a buzzer beater guys?

Brutalis
09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
OMFG this crap is going on way too long.

Bruno
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
There must be a rule that cancels the points won in the games played against the worst team of that group.
If not, it's unfair for the other "2nd place" teams.

I don't think there is that kind of rule.
If there were one, it would be unfair for the group with 5 teams.

timaios
09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think there is that kind of rule.
If there were one, it would be unfair for the group with 5 teams.

Pourquoi ? Ils jouent 2 matches de plus, ils ont forcément plus de points que ceux des autres groupes.
Prendre en compte uniquement les résultats des quatre meilleures équipes du groupe A rendraient les choses équitables avec les 3 autres groupes.

Bruno, tu peux m'expliquer ce délire avec ton avatar Mark Cuban et ton équipe Dallas Mavericks.
Cela fait des semaines que ça dure.
Aurais-tu perdu un pari ?

Hemotivo
09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
what?

Bruno
09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Pourquoi ? Ils jouent 2 matches de plus, ils ont forcément plus de points que ceux des autres groupes.
Prendre en compte uniquement les résultats des quatre meilleures équipes du groupe A rendraient les choses équitables avec les 3 autres groupes.

En fait il n'y a pas de moyen equitable.
En utilisant ton système, une équipe du groupe A a 1.75 chance sur 5 (35%) d'être qualifiée alors q'une équipe des autres groupes a 1.75 chance sur 4 (43.8%) chance d'être qualifiée.
Si tu n'enlèves pas les résultat contre la plus mauvaise équipe dans le groupe à 5, une équipe du groupe A a 2 chances sur 5 (40%) d'être qualifiée alors qu'une équipe d'un groupe à 4 a 1.6667 chances sur 4 (41.7%) d'être qualifiée

Mais le système où tu n'enlèves pas les résultats n'est pas plus juste pour autant. Si tu te souviens du tirage au sort, il y avait des "chapeaux" et les équipes n'ont pas été réparties au hasard dans les groupes.

Pour moi, ta proposition serait la moins injuste car le chapeau où il y avait l'équipe en plus était le chapeau des mauvaise équipes.

Bruno, tu peux m'expliquer ce délire avec ton avatar Mark Cuban et ton équipe Dallas Mavericks.
Cela fait des semaines que ça dure.
Aurais-tu perdu un pari ?

Pas de pari perdu. Je suis juste sous le charme du beau Marc...

Plus sérieusement, j'en ai un peu marre d'espérer que le FO se bouge le popotin alors qu'ils on décider d'hiberner cet été. :downspin:
En étant un fan des Mavs, je suis sur de ne pas être deçu car c'est une équipe sans espoir. ;)

timaios
09-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Pas de pari perdu. Je suis juste sous le charme du beau Marc...

Plus sérieusement, j'en ai un peu marre d'espérer que le FO se bouge le popotin alors qu'ils on décider d'hiberner cet été. :downspin:
En étant un fan des Mavs, je suis sur de ne pas être deçu car c'est une équipe sans espoir. ;)

Ok.

Espérons que l'Autriche sera plus accueillante que l'Ukraine ce soir.

Bruno
09-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Ok.

:toast

stéphane
09-06-2008, 02:21 PM

Epic Fail

Trainwreck2100
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
France's defense sucked in the 4th quarter.

You won't see "France" and "successful defense of" and many sentences together anyway.

AnotherArgie
09-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Why is Italy sucking so badly?

sendman
09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Why is Italy sucking so badly?
I don't remember them producing a decent player for years. Maybe Belinelli.
Bargnani didn't pan out, Gallinari is unknown capacity for now (I predict nose diving)...who else?
Italian league is full of foreign players and domastic veterans (with limited talent) in leading roles. Young guns don't get enough burning.
After few years of riding the pine, they become...average, then they get their chance to lead and the circle is closed.