PDA

View Full Version : Bowen & Udoka

Los Spurs
09-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Saw them both last night at the Silver Stars game at the AT&T Center :)

Bowen was there with his wife and oldest son. While Udoka was there with a female friend. All I can say is that Udoka has definitely been working out. :wow

Anyhow, my brother was able to chat with Bowen during half time and he says the majority of the guys are already in practice every day, except for Manu :(

duncan228
09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Glad you could tell that Udoka has been working. I like him, I think he can bring more to the court than we've seen yet. He should be more comfortable in the system this year, I hope he takes advantage of it.

wisnub
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice.....I like it when our players practice hard. Bowen & Udoka needs their own escape from routine... we need Udoka to knock down those 3s

century
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
... we need Udoka to knock down those 3s

Udoka hasn't knocked down much of anything so far. A waste of roster.

Brutalis
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
You mean except for Manu AND Parker...

SenorSpur
09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
If Udoka has to "pal around" with any Spur, Bowen would be the right guy.

Also glad to see Udoka is securing some appropriate female companionship A man has to have some semblance of balance in his life outside of basketball - not that he has any trouble or needs help in that area. Yeah baby!

Solid D
09-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Udoka actually upped his game in the playoffs if you look at his shooting percentages last year. What the Spurs would like to see is his defense improve to a level close to Bruce Bowen's level. Offensively, he's already producing more than Bruce per minute played and he's outrebounding Bruce in almost half the minutes.

Ime Udoka
Regular Season .424 FG% .370 3-PT FG%

Playoffs........... .465 FG% .400 3-PT FG%

http://www.nba.com/spurs/stats/index.html

1Parker1
09-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I am very excited to see how Udoka does in his 2nd season with the Spurs. It almost always takes every new Spur player a year to get used to the Spurs system. Even Brent Barry looked like a waste of space in his first season with us. I think Udoka is going to become an important part of the rotation this season and I'm guessing we'll see major improvements in him.

Well, hopefully.

Manufan909
09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Udoka actually upped his game in the playoffs if you look at his shooting percentages last year. What the Spurs would like to see is his defense improve to a level close to Bruce Bowen's level. Offensively, he's already producing more than Bruce per minute played and he's outrebounding Bruce in almost half the minutes.

Ime Udoka
Regular Season .424 FG% .370 3-PT FG%

Playoffs........... .465 FG% .400 3-PT FG%

http://www.nba.com/spurs/stats/index.html

You think it's time to start Udoka, except when against teams that have a Kobe/Lebron type player? I think Tim, KT, Udoka, Mason, TP, would be better than last year with Tim, Fab, Bowen, Finley, and TP.

:flag:

Dex
09-06-2008, 05:26 PM
You think it's time to start Udoka, except when against teams that have a Kobe/Lebron type player? I think Tim, KT, Udoka, Mason, TP, would be better than last year with Tim, Fab, Bowen, Finley, and TP.

:flag:

Bruce won't be coming off the bench until he proves he's lost a step.

vander
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Bruce won't be coming off the bench until he proves he's lost a step.

in other words, game 2 :p:

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Udoka will prove himself this season to be an unnecessary acquisition, and will devalue himself, at which point the spurs will try to trade him for jack squat.

mario23torres
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
That must have been a great experience man, and I hope Manu will start to practice as soon as possible.

AFBlue
09-06-2008, 08:31 PM
With Manu being out early, Udoka will be a key for the Spurs this season. Hopefully he can have a good second-year bump like others have been known to do. He seems to have the right attitude and work ethic to do so.

I do think he could potentially start....but alongside Bowen, not replacing him. Especially if Mason takes a little while to acclamate himself to the team/system.

pad300
09-06-2008, 10:40 PM
With Manu being out early, Udoka will be a key for the Spurs this season. Hopefully he can have a good second-year bump like others have been known to do. He seems to have the right attitude and work ethic to do so.

I do think he could potentially start....but alongside Bowen, not replacing him. Especially if Mason takes a little while to acclamate himself to the team/system.

Yeah, I can see that
Duncan (4/5)
????
Udoka (3)
Bowen (2)
Parker (1)

The question is who's the big beside Duncan?
Could it be Bonner? We will need scoring/shooting with a lineup like this, and there are 3 strong defensive players (Duncan, Bowen, Udoka) and a decent one (Parker) on the floor already. Maybe Mahinmi? He's shown a suprisingly compelete ability to score in the D-league...

rj215
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
It's kinda funny or maybe admirable that Bowen is hanging out with the guy that'll eventually take his job from him. Maybe he's trying to be a mentor. And Udoka's problem wasn't strength last season, it was his lack of speed. I say he's a great value and a pretty good role player who should only improve.

Brox6
09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I think Udoka is already preparing to play more minutes...

Bowen-Udoka Combo.....Defensive 2-3 with dead shot shooting in 3pts..

Udokafan05
09-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Bowen and Udoka on court at same time would shut down pierce and allen if they face celtics in finals

IronMexican
09-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Since Udoka's been working out, how tight is his ass?

timtonymanu
09-07-2008, 12:16 AM
that's nice to know. besides mason, im looking forward to how udoka steps up this year.

midgetonadonkey
09-07-2008, 12:27 AM
The Silver Stars are still playing? I thought the season was over months ago.

T Park
09-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Udoka will prove himself this season to be an unnecessary acquisition, and will devalue himself, at which point the spurs will try to trade him for jack squat.

Upon which you've proven to be a useless bloviating self centered gasbag.

Congrats.

WildcardManu
09-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Expect better things from Udoka this coming season.

carina_gino20
09-07-2008, 02:17 AM
I'm also pretty excited to see how Ime plays this year. As the others have said, he's already had a year to shake off the jitters. In fact, he already started that in the NO series although he fizzled out in the Lakers series. I hope we see a better performance this year and hopefully, Bruce will pass on his defensive powers to Ime. :p:

Sissiborgo
09-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Looks like Udoka is a about this season

Flux451
09-07-2008, 03:15 PM

Are you crazy?! Didn't you watch the playoffs? He was definitely hitting 3's.

manufor3
09-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I can see that
Duncan (4/5)
KT (4/5)
Udoka (3)
Bowen (2)
Parker (1)

The question is who's the big beside Duncan?
Could it be Bonner? We will need scoring/shooting with a lineup like this, and there are 3 strong defensive players (Duncan, Bowen, Udoka) and a decent one (Parker) on the floor already. Maybe Mahinmi? He's shown a suprisingly compelete ability to score in the D-league...

fixed.

lotr1trekkie
09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Ime will be vital this year with Manu out until he is fully recovered ----except for the cloned jackasses who expect a superstar for $3 mill a year. Fab sucks, Thomas sucks, Vaugh sucks, Bonner sucks, Ian sucks, Finley sucks, Mason will suck, etc.! Maybe we should just send out Tim, Manu and Tony alone. If A-holes like Maggetti truly wanted a championship ring they would accept less. Don't expect any superstars to come here in 2010 unless they get 30 mill. Ime's a tough guy and I'm happy to have him

spursnatic
09-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Udoka hasn't knocked down much of anything so far. A waste of roster.Udoka played extremely well, knowing he was only in his first year!! So I think you are a waste of a comment.:flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag :

kobyz
09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Udoka is so limited player, dont rely on him!

Spurtacus
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Udoka will need to step it up. I hope he can replicate his playoff performances.

AFBlue
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Udoka is so limited player, dont rely on him!

Every player has their limits. He may not be a scoring machine or drive-and-kick the ball, but if he can maximize his "limited" play it should make for some solid defense and knocking down of open shots.

Bottom Line: Limited doesn't equal useless.

kobyz
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Every player has their limits. He may not be a scoring machine or drive-and-kick the ball, but if he can maximize his "limited" play it should make for some solid defense and knocking down of open shots.

Bottom Line: Limited doesn't equal useless.

but he still not good enough to play a big role on a contender team, bottom line - we have to get help at the SF position, Bowen is old and can't play a lot of minutes and Udoka just not good enough

AFBlue
09-07-2008, 06:10 PM
but he still not good enough to play a big role on a contender team, bottom line - we have to get help at the SF position, Bowen is old and can't play a lot of minutes and Udoka just not good enough

What do you define as a "big role"?

He's not Bowen, but he's a competent role player that does the one thing to keep his ass on the court....play defense.

As long as he plays D and hits his open shots, he's a valuable piece to this team.

Slippy
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
. All I can say is that Udoka has definitely been working out. :wow

(

That's good to know. Too often Udoka got out-muscled when posted up.

mrspurs
09-08-2008, 07:42 AM
It's kinda funny or maybe admirable that Bowen is hanging out with the guy that'll eventually take his job from him. Maybe he's trying to be a mentor. And Udoka's problem wasn't strength last season, it was his lack of speed. I say he's a great value and a pretty good role player who should only improve.

Udoka is good for the money. But noway you can compare him with Bruce. Bruce is the best defender the Spurs have ever seen. Ive been looking since 73. Ask Timmy who sets the tone defensively. :wow

Los Spurs
09-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Ime will be vital this year with Manu out until he is fully recovered ----except for the cloned jackasses who expect a superstar for $3 mill a year. Fab sucks, Thomas sucks, Vaugh sucks, Bonner sucks, Ian sucks, Finley sucks, Mason will suck, etc.! Maybe we should just send out Tim, Manu and Tony alone. If A-holes like Maggetti truly wanted a championship ring they would accept less. Don't expect any superstars to come here in 2010 unless they get 30 mill. Ime's a tough guy and I'm happy to have him

okkkk.........

BacktoBasics
09-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Did Misty attend?

Danny.Zhu
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I like Udoka, a typical low profile Spurs type player with valuable capability compared to his salary. I think he can do better this season.