PDA

View Full Version : Palin agrees to interview

ducks
09-07-2008, 03:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080907/pl_politico/13227

ChumpDumper
09-07-2008, 03:31 PM
They cave so easily. This is child's play.

whottt
09-07-2008, 03:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080907/pl_politico/13227

That's awesome, I was hoping she would do that and I thought it was stupid that they weren't going to let her.

Then again...I think they are playing this to their advatange since they have a disadvantage in funding. People want to see her so by limiting her appearances it increases the interest when she does appear.

Plus...

The more she talks the more people will connect with her...it's the best way to cut through the lies and smears of the left.

By the way...I've watched clips of her debating...Biden is fucked. He is exactly the type of guy she takes apart in debates.

boutons_
09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Palin appeals to the hard core, extreme right Repug/"Christian" base, which is why McSame was forced into taking her as VP. With the Repug economy tanking, with McSame sticking with the failed Repug wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Repug base will be not be enough to make up the huge electoral hole McTired-and-Old is in.

Outside of that base, Palin is driving a lot of women and $$$ to HUSSEIN.

List the lies and smears FROM HUSSEIN's staff.

johnsmith
09-07-2008, 03:55 PM

Dude, you sound like Dan in that post. I'm sorry, but you do. You're better then that.
And Boutons, you sound like an angry little kid even more then usual today.

ChumpDumper
09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Dude, you sound like Dan in that post. I'm sorry, but you do. You're better then that.No, I'm not.

And they do cave easily. It is child's play, no matter who the candidate may be.

balli
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
By the way...I've watched clips of her debating...Biden is fucked. He is exactly the type of guy she takes apart in debates.
She takes apart well respected, well traveled, long tenured and highly intelligent experts on national security? I was under the impression that she's a religious idealogue from a remote state who has no experience whatsoever with national issues or debates about them. But that's just me.

baseline bum
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Good. Anyone running for the position of most powerful person in the world has to answer to the nation.

Nbadan
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Under pressure for being shielded for questioning, Sarah Palin has a agreed to sit down with Charles Gibson of ABC’s “World News Tonight,” according to an ABC News official.

Anyone else not surprised that she sits down with Charles Gibson? You remember Gibson's shameful performance during the Democratic debate where they asked questions directly relayed to them by Sean Insannity?

manufor3
09-07-2008, 04:47 PM

+1

Cant_Be_Faded
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Pwnt

Anti.Hero
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Anyone else not surprised that she sits down with Charles Gibson? You remember Gibson's shameful performance during the Democratic debate where they asked questions directly relayed to them by Sean Insannity?

Was he the guy that made Obama answer about Capital Gains Tax increase?

I know Stephanopolus* asked a Sean Hannity question.

How dare the media make her interview this week while her baby and daughter need her time, and her son ships off to Iraq on Thurs. :lol

Yonivore
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
She takes apart well respected, well traveled, long tenured and highly intelligent experts on national security?
Who the fuck are you talking about?

I was under the impression that she's a religious idealogue from a remote state who has no experience whatsoever with national issues or debates about them. But that's just me.
You and very few others. Debating is a skill in itself. I'm betting she can get up to speed and speak intelligently, convincingly, and authoritatively on whatever issue might arise in a Vice-Presidential debate with Biden.

Yeah, he is so screwed.

...well respected...and highly intelligent expert...
:lmao Biden is best know as the "Blowhard of the Beltway." The fucker never shuts up.

George Gervin's Afro
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
:lmao Biden is best know as the "Blowhard of the Beltway." The fucker never shuts up.

According to who? Whanity and Hush?

Yonivore
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
According to who? Whanity and Hush?
According to every poor soul that has ever gotten between him and a microphone or has had to sit before a committee he's been a member of and listen to him drone on when he's supposed to be asking a question.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM

Yep, I agree. Biden is fucked...

Barracudas do have sharp teeth!

wiki Barracuda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barracuda)

101A
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM

"They" always knew Palin would get interviewed. "They" have done a good job of lowering expectations (and getting those mean old media types and liberals griping about her again). NOW when she is interviewed, it's a really big deal - tons of people gonna tune in to see her stumble; only to see her do a great job.

They fall for these things so easily.

SpursFanFirst
09-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I can't wait to see this interview!

Oh...and bring on that debate! I hear Palin is an excellent debater! :hungry:

whottt
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
She takes apart well respected, well traveled, long tenured and highly intelligent experts on national security?

Yes...all she's got to do is bring up how often Biden's been wrong in the past.

For instance...Biden called the surge a failure, she supported it. McCain was the first guy that pushed for it...

And oh yeah...Obama is now saying it was a resounding success.

How do you think he's going to come off there?

John McCain and I were right and Joe Biden was wrong!

It's going to be easy...and it's one of the main reasons I was surprised Obama picked him for a running mate.

I was under the impression that she's a religious idealogue

That's because you're a bigot....er intellectual.

balli
09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
That's because you're a bigot....er intellectual.

You don't seem to understand that by calling the republicans anti-intellectuals, I'm not actually claiming to be an intellectual myself. I'm not sure how you could be dumb enough to make the mistake, but whatever, par for the course from you whott.

Here, I suggest you more thoroughly familiarize yourself with the idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-intellectualism

Anti-intellectualism describes a sentiment of hostility towards, or mistrust of, intellectuals and intellectual pursuits. This may be expressed in various ways, such as attacks on the merits of science, education, art, or literature.

Anti-intellectuals often perceive themselves as champions of the ordinary people and egalitarianism against elitism, especially academic elitism. These critics argue that highly educated people form an isolated social group that tends to dominate political discourse and higher education (academia).

Populism can be another major strain of anti-intellectualism. In this context, intellectuals are presented as elitists and tricksters whose knowledge and rhetorical skills are feared, not because they are useless, but because they may be used to hoodwink the ordinary people, who are conceived of as the 'salt of the earth' and the source of virtue. American President George W. Bush has been accused of appealing to this type of populism. [2] Those who argue from populist ideals will often assert that knowledge needs to be regulated by the people, claiming that educators need to work in line with policies made by stakeholders such as parent groups.

In a similar vein, the curiosity and objectivity of intellectuals about foreign countries and beliefs is portrayed as a lack of patriotism or moral clarity, and intellectuals are often held to be suspect of holding dangerously foreign, possibly subversive, opinions. An extreme form was embodied by Joseph McCarthy, the anti-Communist senator from Wisconsin.