PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Brutalis
09-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Is coming up. Frankly I will never forget either but from the words of a victims loved one, "I will never forget but it's time to move on already."

I couldn't agree more. But it's not in haste or anything.

johnsmith
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
k

manufor3
09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
my cousin's birthday is on 9-11

johnsmith
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
9/11 is also the number you dial to report an emergency.

T Park
09-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I'd say America has totally forgotten and moved on, so you got your wish.

johnsmith
09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't even know what the fuck you guys are talkng about.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
What would you do...if you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?

What would you do...if asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Would you think bout them towers?

CuckingFunt
09-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm not even 100% sure that the opening post is written in English, but, if it is... am I correct in picking up that you've started a thread about 9/11 to tell us all that we should move on?

CuckingFunt
09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
What would you do...if you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?

What would you do...if asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Would you think bout them towers?

Freedom isn't free. No, there's a hefty fuckin' fee.

Freedom costs a buck-oh-five.

SpursWoman
09-07-2008, 04:44 PM
My DH is turning 30 on 9/11. :makeout

boutons_
09-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Nobody's forgotten.

But the period for appropriate, healthy grieving is long past.

The bigger tragedy is that 9/11 was avoidable except for the conspiratorial, willful negligence and incompetence of the Repug administration, which welcomed and exploited 9/11 as fake pretext to invade Iraq for oil.

The Repug administration has wasted more American lives in bogus wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, falsely justified by 9/11 (among other lies), than OBL murdered at the WTC.

The Repug administration has wasted many 100s of times more American treasure in Iraq and Afghanistan than it will cost to rebuild the WTC.

Remember that when you vote in a few weeks.

Brutalis
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Nobody's forgotten.

The bigger tragedy is that 9/11 was avoidable except for the conspiratorial, willful negligence and incompetence of the Repug administration, which welcomed and exploited 9/11 as fake pretext to invade Iraq for oil.

:tu

RashoFan
09-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Nobody's forgotten.

The Repug administration has wasted more American lives in bogus wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, falsely justified by 9/11 (among other lies), than OBL murdered at the WTC.

The Repug administration has wasted many 100s of times more American treasure in Iraq and Afghanistan than it will cost to rebuild the WTC.

Remember that when you vote in a few weeks.

The Repubs were NOT in represented in the WH when OBL and his AQ buds FUCKED (ATTACKED) with the US NAVY and blew a hole into the USS COLE. President Clinton, a DEMO"CRAP", had the opprotunity to take out OBL and failed to do so. The downsizing of the US Armed forces took place under The Clinton Admin. That was an interesting invitation of sorts to all who despise the USA to kick us in the gut. He may have been my "Commander In Chief" while I served my country, BUT HE WAS NOT MY PRESIDENT.

I will never forget...several things. I will never forget the loss the entire nation and individuals that were directly affected by the attack that took place on 9/11 had suffered. And for those that are ready to move on, they will. Others have already done so when they were ready to do so and those that aren't ready will just need more time.

/end rant

Sorry I know this rant belongs in the political forum.

boutons_
09-07-2008, 08:18 PM
"USS COLE"

If you can blame Cole on Clinton, I can blame WTC on the Repugs.

"downsizing of the US Armed forces took place under The Clinton Admin."

aka, the "peace dividend" for Russia going bankrupt from low oil prices in the 80s. Military down-sizing was negotiated and approved by a Repug-controlled Congress.

If the Repug admin was really intent on increasing the military the approved the down-sizing, why didn't they do it from 20 Jan 2001? They did fuck all between Jan-Sep 2001 except ram through a huge tax cut for the rich, aka, themselves.

Upsizing the military was was not mentioned.

Terrorism was not on Repug radar. OBL/AQ was a Clinton hang-up the Repugs refused to inherit.

Rummy wanted to downsize (Repug-speak for "cheapen") the military even more, lighter, more moblie, but the Pentagon resisted.

btw, after 9/11, dubya had more motivation and the opportunity with US troops in Afghanistan to take out OBL in Afghanistan/Pakistan, and 7 years later, dubya still hasn't gotten OBL "dead or alive". So don't give me that shit about Clinton. He knew OBL was a threat and shot some Cruises at him, but he wasn't going to invade Afghanistan to kill him.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
"USS COLE"

If you can blame Cole on Clinton, I can blame WTC on the Repugs.
whoa whoa whoa

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Did the U.S. Save Osama bin Laden?

By Kenneth R. Timmerman
Although the Dubai ports controversy may be disappearing, questions linger about the role high-ranking United Arab Emirates officials played in supporting Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida in the years leading up to Sept. 11.
In fact, some U.S. government reports suggest that the United States lost a clear opportunity to kill bin Laden because he was too close to U.A.E. officials traveling in his entourage – officials Clinton security adviser Richard Clarke may have thought were too important to harm.
On Feb. 8, 1999, the Pentagon and the CIA were preparing a military strike on a luxury hunting camp in the desert south of Kandahar, Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden had been sighted.
There were problems, however.
Satellite imagery revealed the presence of a military aircraft belonging to the U.A.E., and "policymakers were concerned about the danger that a strike would kill an Emirati prince or other senior officials who might be with bin Laden or close by," according to the 9/11 Commission report.
Who were these U.S. "policymakers" mentioned in the 9/11 report who thwarted the opportunity to kill one of the world's most wanted men?
The report does not say.
Coincidentally, the Clinton administration National Security Council advisor, Richard Clarke, had just returned to the United States from consultations with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, chief of staff of the U.A.E. armed forces, regarding a proposed sale of F-16s to the Gulf state as well as counter-terrorism issues, according to the report.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2006/060412-us-obl.htm

Spurminator
09-07-2008, 10:24 PM

:lmao Yeah, I never hear about 9/11 anymore. In fact, I opened this thread thinking it was about a gas station or fractions.

(Mmmmm, buck o five....)

samikeyp
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Can't believe its been 7 years. Wow.

MannyIsGod
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
:lmao Yeah, I never hear about 9/11 anymore. In fact, I opened this thread thinking it was about a gas station or fractions.

(Mmmmm, buck o five....)

I figured it was so outlandish it didn't deserve a response but good job.

ploto
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Unfortunately, Bush quickly ruined all the good will the world had for the United States after 9-11.

RashoFan
09-07-2008, 10:51 PM
whoa whoa whoa

By Kenneth R. Timmerman
Although the Dubai ports controversy may be disappearing, questions linger about the role high-ranking United Arab Emirates officials played in supporting Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida in the years leading up to Sept. 11.
In fact, some U.S. government reports suggest that the United States lost a clear opportunity to kill bin Laden because he was too close to U.A.E. officials traveling in his entourage – officials Clinton security adviser Richard Clarke may have thought were too important to harm.

meh...collateral damage in my closed minded opinion...

On Feb. 8, 1999, the Pentagon and the CIA were preparing a military strike on a luxury hunting camp in the desert south of Kandahar, Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden had been sighted.
Satellite imagery revealed the presence of a military aircraft belonging to the U.A.E., and "policymakers were concerned about the danger that a strike would kill an Emirati prince or other senior officials who might be with bin Laden or close by," according to the 9/11 Commission report.
what pussies....

Who were these U.S. "policymakers" mentioned in the 9/11 report who thwarted the opportunity to kill one of the world's most wanted men?
The report does not say.
Coincidentally, the Clinton administration National Security Council advisor, Richard Clarke, had just returned to the United States from consultations with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, chief of staff of the U.A.E. armed forces, regarding a proposed sale of F-16s to the Gulf state as well as counter-terrorism issues, according to the report.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
My fellow Democrats, sixteen years ago, you gave me the profound honor to lead our party to victory and to lead our nation to a new era of peace and broadly shared prosperity.

MY MEXICAN ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ploto
09-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Say all you want, Bush has had 7 years and Osama is still out there.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Say all you want, Bush has had 7 years and Osama is still out there.

whoa whoa whoa

By Kenneth R. Timmerman
The report does not say.

mrsmaalox
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I just can't bring myself to blame anyone but the evil people who planned and carried out the attacks.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-08-2008, 12:39 AM
I remember the day pretty vividly. I was in 7th grade, and I remember them rolling in a t.v. and turning it on so that we could watch all the updates. I had a relative in one of the towers that died and that I'd seen on a trip to New York the year before.

Ronaldo McDonald
09-08-2008, 12:43 AM

Here we go again...

AlamoSpursFan
09-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I was driving through Corpus headed south on S.P.I.D. just going under the Crosstown interchange when Tony Bruno broke the news on his old Fox Sports Radio show.

TheMadHatter
09-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Rudy Giuliani is that you?

boutons_
09-08-2008, 04:22 AM
"blame anyone but the evil people who planned and carried out the attacks."

guilty, of course, and honest, since OBL admitted he did it.

guilty, of course, are the Repugs, since they did NOTHING about terrrorism Jan-Sep 2001. guility of NatSec dereliction of duty, willfully asleep at their stations. And Repugs have hermetically sealed all their records for the Jan-Sep 2001 period, and probably destroyed them, as they have destroyed Ms of email evidence after that period, and failed to comply to Presidential Records act.

JudynTX
09-08-2008, 07:53 AM
No one is going to tell me to "get over it and move on". When I'm damn ready, I will. :rolleyes

angel_luv
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I was watching A&E channel yesterday- their movie version of Sept 11.
I have seen the movie several times, but yesterday, for the first time, I was struck by the terrorists.

No one is born a terrorists and all the men involved left behind their country and families to participate in the "cause".
It is so sad and frightening to me that men who were husbands, brothers, co-workers could become so twisted as to be willing to go out and murder (our fellow Americans') husband's, brothers and co- workers.

And as I watched their plan unfold, how delibrate and how much thorough, months long planning went into the attack- I don't understand how the terrorist men got so lost that they were all willing to go through with it.

I lost my dad when I was sixteen from natural causes- heart failure- and I am still not over it.
People have learned to cope with 9/11, as is necessary to continue on, but no one should ever forget it.

I. Hustle
09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
If you subtract 9-1-1=7
If you add 9+1+1=11
That’s 7-11
Who works at 7-11? Hhhmmmm????
Coincidence? I think not!
Think about it. Let it marinate.
http://images.crestock.com/440000-449999/444015-xxs.jpg

Thunder Dan
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Usama Bin Laden has not been charged for his involvement in the events as of today

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/terbinladen.htm

CAUTION

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.

REWARD

The Rewards For Justice Program, United States Department of State, is offering a reward of up to $25 million for information leading directly to the apprehension or conviction of Usama Bin Laden. An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.

DetroitGurl
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
that day will forever live in our hearts and minds........it was a sad, tragic day that turned this country upside down.

i pray for the departed.

Ginofan
09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Bump!

So today is the 7th anniversary huh? Man, it just seems like yesterday that this catastrophic event took place. I didn't know anyone who was a victim, but I still feel so emotional for those who did lose someone. It's crazy how something like that could have every happened to this great nation...:(

Does anyone have any info on the memorial they are building in New York?

JudynTX
09-11-2008, 07:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ladyspur/never-forget-9-11.gif

:depressed I'll never forget.

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Mostly what i remember from that day was Mix 96.1's shitty ass morning show

phyzik
09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
I remember walking into work that day, something was on the TV about a plane crashing into the twin towers, I honestly thought it was some hokey movie and continued about my morning ritual. It wasnt until 20 minutes later that I realized what was going on.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Have you forrrrgooootten......

JoeChalupa
09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
God Bless America!!

spurschick
09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.spurschick.com/america.html