PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk vs. other forums

Flux451
09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Do any of you spurs fans go to other forums and harass the other fans?
I don't even look at other teams forums, but it seems like alot of other teams' fans are here, for better or worse.
Is ST that exciting?
I am glad I found it. :wakeup

Anti.Hero
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I had fun on the PHX Suns forums during last season. Nothing beats it as a post-game tradition.

Sense
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
A lot of fans stay here because there's a lot of maturity and knowledge in the boards... not because it's "exciting"...

Brutalis
09-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I think any Spur fans that go and taunt or act a fool on other teams forums are retarded.

IronMexican
09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
This is the best forum out there, and it's not even close.

Spur-Addict
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
This is the first basketball forum I discovered, and it will probably be the last.

duncan228
09-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I stopped looking for other forums once I found ST. There's nothing like it out there. And I love that there are fans of other teams here, the good ones, (not the trolls), bring some great stuff to the conversation.

century
09-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Ditto. Lakers fan or not.

manufor3
09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I stopped looking for other forums once I found ST. There's nothing like it out there. And I love that there are fans of other teams here, the good ones, (not the trolls), bring some great stuff to the conversation.

+1

urunobili
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I have never found a similar place like this one.. and i am happy enough not to be on the look... i am hooked big time on here... like when u find your soul mate... :lol

AFBlue
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I post on a Rays forum from time to time, but it doesn't compare to this one in the least.

Where else could you request a name change and get a response in less than 30 minutes...so good.

benefactor
09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Since I started posting here a few months ago, I find myself on here a lot more than the forum that I moderate...and that is saying a lot because I have been dedicated to that place since 2004. I think the big reason is that even though there are good, knowledgeable posters there the Spurs nation is rather small. I get the same type of posters(with the exception of a few) here with mostly Spurs fans, so its hard to stay away. :D

DaDakota
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I like this forum a lot, but I was at Clutchfans first and like the way it is run a bit better...they do not allow the trolling and cursing that goes on by some here.

However, I enjoy the basketball discussion here, and I do live in Austin.....so I make it down to SBC at least a couple of times a season....

DD

tlongII
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
This is the best non-Blazers forum on the web.

Mr.Bottomtooth
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I like this forum a lot, but I was at Clutchfans first and like the way it is run a bit better...they do not allow the trolling and cursing that goes on by some here.

However, I enjoy the basketball discussion here, and I do live in Austin.....so I make it down to SBC at least a couple of times a season....

DD

Where's the SBC at?

ducks
09-07-2008, 10:02 PM
This is the best non-Blazers forum on the web.

THEN WHY DO YOU ONLY POST ABOUT THE BLAZERS:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

tp2021
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I joined last offseason. I wanted to hear some new Spurs news desperately, so I checked the SI Spurs page constantly, and saw a link to SR and ST. I had no idea how to navigate on the SR page, so I came to ST.

I have been here, practically every day, ever since.

tp2021
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey! It will be a year ago on Tuesday.

rj215
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I joined ST after this past season ended to keep track of any free agents rumors or signings and got caught up in some pretty cool threads and conversations. I was shocked that I've been a Spurs fan for so long and didn't discover this place til this year.

As for other fans posting here, most of them are pretty cool with intelligent points and interesting points of view. It's cool sometimes to see the respect and in some cases the hatred 4 championships bring.

SPURS50
09-07-2008, 11:14 PM
best spurs forum out there!

balli
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't go into the Spurs board that much, but as a whole this forum owns just about every other forum out there. The basketball talk is smart, The Club is hilarious and the admin is unbelievably awesome. :tu for ST.

timtonymanu
09-08-2008, 02:56 AM
i love this website. i use to be on nba.com but there are too many dumb threads on there. and i get more spurs news here than on any other spurs sites. i just started and i love it.

koriwhat
09-08-2008, 03:36 AM
just spurstalk.com for me. i could care less about all other teams and their fans. fuck the rest of the league!

mrspurs
09-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Do any of you spurs fans go to other forums and harass the other fans?
I don't even look at other teams forums, but it seems like alot of other teams' fans are here, for better or worse.
Is ST that exciting?
I am glad I found it. :wakeup

Sometimes you do learn things. I always look on the court at the talent, but forget about how much money they make and or how much money we can spend etc. This place is good for that. There are a few in here with good pick me uppers. But I'd recommend the ignore feature, because like yourself heckling other sites. There are alot of playbabies. :wow

alamo50
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
This is the mothership.

There´s a nice space pod out there called "ClubSpurs.com".
Friendly atmosphere in a small environment.

:flag:

mouse
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
ST is more than just Spurs......

If your bored you can go to the politics forum and chump dumper will ask you about 9/11 24/7 while you Bash Bush, and pray to the lord Obama.

If your horny, you can always go to the Club and wax your carrot to a semi nude pic of RashoFan and Angel_luv

If your brave enough and you want to be humiliated, you can ask kori for the password to the Troll forum. Where some 40 year old ex Dallas Maverick fan will give you the cyber ass raping you crave.

If your overweight and you need a support group, you can ask kori to let you into one of the many hidden forums where people pat each other on the back for losing 2lbs over the summer

If your laptop has a virus? you can ask for help in the Geek forums, just to find out later your laptop is ruined by some out of work Kinko's employee who gave you the wrong advise.

And if your having a hard time paying for your online service, you can sell your virus infected laptop in the buy,sell,trade forum. Where you will be offered an opened 50 pack of DVDr's or a used VCR for it.

And if your looking for someone half your age to flirt with? sorry your fucked!, you still have to use MySpace

ATRAIN
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
And if your looking for someone half your age to flirt with? sorry, you still have to use MySpace

LMAO dude trust me there is plenty of flirting done here, especially with the cougars!!

mouse
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
LMAO dude trust me there is plenty of flirting done here, especially with the cougars!!

Dude I have seen the GTG photos those aren't cougars their more like chupacabras.

http://www.austinprobe.com/images/chupacabra.jpg

Hank Hill.
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I tell you what....... this site needs is a Bar B Q forum where I can sell my propane and propane accessories.

tlongII
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
THEN WHY DO YOU ONLY POST ABOUT THE BLAZERS:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Just trying to improve the site. :toast

wijayas
09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I first found out SpursReport. It took a few days to get "approved". Once approved, I could not post a link to news until I have accumulated a certain number of "posts".

At SpursTalk, I get approved in seconds. I can post any link I want, any time. I switch and never look back.

Great Moderator. Great people. And sometimes irritating but necessary trolls, such as "your_pimp" or "princess_pimp" or "louis".... ha!

Los Spurs
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
This is the first basketball forum I discovered, and it will probably be the last.

+1 :toast

vander
09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I first found out SpursReport. It took a few days to get "approved". Once approved, I could not post a link to news until I have accumulated a certain number of "posts".

At SpursTalk, I get approved in seconds. I can post any link I want, any time. I switch and never look back.

Great Moderator. Great people. And sometimes irritating but necessary trolls, such as "your_pimp" or "princess_pimp" or "louis".... ha!

yeah, I started out at spursreport too. those were dark times.

so I read in here that you can get your name changed? can I get the stupid numbers taken off of mine? when I signed up I was in a hurry and just used my college-assigned screen name, never thinking I was actually going to post.

if I could have it changed to vander, that would be great

duncan228
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
so I read in here that you can get your name changed? can I get the stupid numbers taken off of mine? when I signed up I was in a hurry and just used my college-assigned screen name, never thinking I was actually going to post.

if I could have it changed to vander, that would be great

Kori just did a Title change thread several days ago that's now closed. You can PM her to request a name change and see what she says, or you can wait until she does another thread. She does them periodically.

balli
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Kori just did a Title change thread several days ago that's now closed.

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

Damn! I've had the perfect title that I've been waiting on pins and needles for a chance to sub in. I just came back from out of town and I wasn't as as active on the boards while I was gone. I'm not here Kori opens up a new title thread- Murphy's Law in full effect.

Hey Kori- I'm not going to bother you with a PM, but if you just happen to stumble across and read this, I'll gladly make a $15.00 contribution to ST/you and timvp's joint checking account if you'll change it for me. If it's a no go, I understand fully and I'll wait my turn, but if you're game, shoot me a pm.

tlongII
09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
15 bucks! Wow! That'll get ir done!

Solid D
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
It's difficult to describe this place other than maybe: a news network operations center, with multiple screens, next to the "water cooler" for people to view realtime and discuss what's going on. Some people are knowledgeable with lots of experience to share in both sports and life. Others just like to be involved, learn a little bit and speak their minds. Others just use it as a way of blowing off steam or getting in fun jabs at people. Lots of outlets here to choose from.

If you miss just one day at Spurstalk during heavy activity weeks, you have to check 5 or 6 pages back to see what you missed.

I don't care for the language and vulgarity displayed here by some folks here and wish I could influence that more than I have. It's certainly a growing community and serves as an extended family for hundreds of people, to be sure. It's hard to compare with other sites. It's a negative distraction from doing other things like work and spending time working out and staying healthy... but it is a fun place to hang out and learn stuff.

Oh, and this forum is self-correcting and is very tough on lame pretenders and wannabes so be careful what you post, newbies. It just must be this way to keep Spurstalk...well...Spurstalk.

duncan228
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
And that's why Solid D is one of the best posters here.

Nicely stated Solid.

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
And that's why Solid D is one of the best posters here.

Nicely stated Solid.

Yep. Without him I'd be screwed on score updates because of the slow websites that try to do the whole gamecast thing. :lol

Xylus
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I dunno, Spurstalk is alright...

I feel more at home at ClubLakers, personally.

SequSpur
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
It's difficult to describe this place other than maybe: a news network operations center, with multiple screens, next to the "water cooler" for people to view realtime and discuss what's going on. Some people are knowledgeable with lots of experience to share in both sports and life. Others just like to be involved, learn a little bit and speak their minds. Others just use it as a way of blowing off steam or getting in fun jabs at people. Lots of outlets here to choose from.

If you miss just one day at Spurstalk during heavy activity weeks, you have to check 5 or 6 pages back to see what you missed.

I don't care for the language and vulgarity displayed here by some folks here and wish I could influence that more than I have. It's certainly a growing community and serves as an extended family for hundreds of people, to be sure. It's hard to compare with other sites. It's a negative distraction from doing other things like work and spending time working out and staying healthy... but it is a fun place to hang out and learn stuff.

Oh, and this forum is self-correcting and is very tough on lame pretenders and wannabes so be careful what you post, newbies. It just must be this way to keep Spurstalk...well...Spurstalk.

wuss.

Sissiborgo
09-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Spurstalk is clearly the best...:toast

gollum
09-09-2008, 07:41 AM
This place smells like ass!

smeagol
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM

Poser

Sam Gamgee
09-09-2008, 09:47 AM

Poser

STFU both of you!

JudynTX
09-09-2008, 09:52 AM
I just joined ST. I'm still feeling my way around, trying not to step on anyone's toes. :lol

remingtonbo2001
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM

It's me. :)

Milton.
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I post here at spurstalk after DizzG at Spursreport tried to talk away my red stapler. I was told I could keep my red stapler here at spurstalk so now I only post here.

The Franchise
09-09-2008, 02:13 PM

Nah, Clutchfans has this beat.:p: Seriously Spurstalk can be a lot more objective at times than other boards(comparatively speaking of course).Go check out Jazzfanz.com. Those people are lost.

Darthkiller
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I like spurstalk, so many hate for their own players. Unlike other forums.

vander
09-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I love all the characters/multi's that surface here from time to time, does any other forum have that? it's great, who runs all those :clap

vander
09-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I like spurstalk, so many hate for their own players. Unlike other forums.

I can't stand homerism :bang, there's so much of that on the charger board I visit. when are they going to realize that LT is done, he's old, he needs to take a backseat in that potentially explosive offense, it's the Rivers Show now

dbreiden83080
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
SpursTalk is the best Basketball and really sports Forum around period, in my opinion. Trolls come here to start trouble at times because they know how many great fans are here to try and tick off. Some of them even stay and turn into good fans once they realize this forum is the best game in town.

DizzG.
09-09-2008, 04:47 PM
SR kicks ST ass!!

RonMexico
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
I think any Spur fans that go and taunt or act a fool on other teams forums are retarded.

But taunting other fans in the College Forum is completely acceptable.

RonMexico
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
SR kicks ST ass!!

SpursReport sucks

balli
09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Go check out Jazzfanz.com. Those people are lost.
I used to post at jazzfanz and several years ago it was a good forum. The problem is that the administrator is ultra-uptight mormon douchebag that made a bunch of lame decisions (stuff like being so paranoid about swearing that he censored the acronym- wtf). Then they mass banned a bunch of their best posters. Then they allowed a couple trolls to keep terrorizing the board with purposefully idiotic forum runs. Even though they were fucking idiots out to purposely ruin the board they didn't get banned. Meanwhile a bunch of really intelligent posters got banned more or less for making hilarious jokes and talking too much shit to the trolls who who were ruining the place.

It was a big controversy and there was a while when the remaining few good posters were asking- what happened to this place? Then they just stopped posting for the most part and now the board is basically just a bunch of clueless mormon bandwagoners who don't know shit about basketball just jacking each other off. Fuck Jazzfanz, that shit board's admin/owner ruined the site all by himself and has nobody else to blame.