PDA

View Full Version : NBA TV To Give Fans Right To Vote On Which Game Is Televised On Tuesdays

duncan228
09-08-2008, 02:07 AM
NBA TV to Give Fans Right to Vote (http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/digital-downloads/broadband/e3i187b1de8cecc50d04c21643abef898b1)
The interactive fan vote will continue to decide which league game is televised on Tuesdays throughout the season
-By Mike Shields

The National Basketball Association will once a week allow fans to vote on which games are televised during the upcoming season on NBA TV.

Dubbed Fan Night, starting on Tuesday Oct. 28 fans can log onto NBA.com and vote for which game will be broadcast on the following Tuesday. The interactive fan vote will continue to decide which league game is televised on Tuesdays throughout the season (NBA TV will showcase a total of 96 games this year).

To promote its 10-year-old network, the league is also planning to make NBA TV available free to cable and satellite subscribers during a free preview Oct. 28 to Nov. 4. The network’s first game telecast is set for Nov.1, featuring the Washington Wizards visiting the Detroit Pistons.

ShoogarBear
09-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Of course, this means that the best Tuesday game won't be available on League Pass, then.

alamo50
09-08-2008, 07:07 AM
So it will be the Rockets and whoever they play that night.

sribb43
09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Does it really matter what game is voted for? You would be able to see the game regardless on NBA League Pass and for most people that dont have NBATV the one of the ways to get it is buy subscribing to LP....so in the end this little promotion seems nice but doesnt do anything for me

baseline bum
09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
What a bunch of cock shit. It'll be nothing but fucking Lakers and Rockets games.

duncan228
09-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Of course, this means that the best Tuesday game won't be available on League Pass, then.

Does it really matter what game is voted for? You would be able to see the game regardless on NBA League Pass and for most people that dont have NBATV the one of the ways to get it is buy subscribing to LP....so in the end this little promotion seems nice but doesnt do anything for me

I agree with Shoogar. Whatever game is on NBA TV they'll blackout on LP. The games on NBA TV, ESPN, TNT, and ABC are never on LP.

balli
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
What a bunch of cock shit. It'll be nothing but fucking Lakers and Rockets games.

Given that it's an American network I hope they ban the Chinese from voting. I doubt otherwise that many people would be voting to see the lame ass Rockets. They have plenty of fans on this board and in China, but the American general public hasn't much affinity for a broken center and a over-rated wannabe like T-Mac.

balli
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I agree with Shoogar. Whatever game is on NBA TV they'll blackout on LP. The games on NBA TV, ESPN, TNT, and ABC are never on LP.

I like seeing lame local commercials, but other than that why does it matter? If you have LP you have NBA TV (at least with Dish) so you still see the game right?

duncan228
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I like seeing lame local commercials, but other than that why does it matter? If you have LP you have NBA TV (at least with Dish) so you still see the game right?

I have both LP and NBA TV. I don't miss a Spurs game. I have had one or the other blacked out if a game is national. (I then get the game on the national station).

Is it a fact that if you have LP you have NBA TV with all cable or Dish companies? I think I remember people in game blogs looking for streams on line because they didn't have NBA TV and their LP was blacked out because the game was on NBA TV. I could be wrong, I've been in a lot of game blogs and they move fast. :lol

Red Hawk #21
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM

:bang:bang

Obstructed_View
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, I guess those of us that can't afford to buy League Pass will never get to see a Spurs game on Tuesday ever again. It'll be nice missing those games because the Lakers are playing Milwaukee that night.

Spurs1234
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Perhaps to prevent the lakers or rockets from having their games on every tuesday, nba.com will select 3 or 4 games each tuesday between teams with good records playing each other, instead of letting a vote come from all the games to prevent every tuesday lakers game from being on....

balli
09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, I guess those of us that can't afford to buy League Pass will never get to see a Spurs game on Tuesday ever again. It'll be nice missing those games because the Lakers are playing Milwaukee that night.

Don't they broadcast every Spurs game in SA? Or do you not live in SA? Or do they not do that? You should have a local network and a Fox Sports affiliate tag teaming games so the local market gets to see every single one. That sucks for Spurs fans if that isn't the case.

Brutalis
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Also this is just going to be the big market teams winning the voting over and over.

Matchman
09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Quick, someone post this news to some Chinese basketball forums!
we need as many Rockets games on National TV as possible (NBATV isnt a National TV anyways)

Matchman
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Get a job, a part time job, or ANY jobs that you get paid. $160 is not alot even for someone working for the minimum.

balli
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Quick, someone post this news to some Chinese basketball forums!
we need as many Rockets games on National TV as possible (NBATV isnt a National TV anyways)
:vomit:

duncan228
09-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Get a job, a part time job, or ANY jobs that you get paid. $160 is not alot even for someone working for the minimum.

It can be a lot of money to people. Or not a priority for them.

My cable company splits it over 3 months, I had one that split it over 4. It's worth asking your carrier if they do that, it makes it easier to pay for.

I can't survive without LP. The number of national games the Spurs get just doesn't do it for me. I watch and record every game, so it's worth the money to me. It's become part of my budget, I know it's coming every year so I can plan for it.

Obstructed_View
09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Don't they broadcast every Spurs game in SA? Or do you not live in SA? Or do they not do that? You should have a local network and a Fox Sports affiliate tag teaming games so the local market gets to see every single one. That sucks for Spurs fans if that isn't the case.

Yeah, I live in Dallas. When I lived in San Antonio, many Spurs games, including playoff games IIRC, were on pay per view.

Look, I know all you have to do is go in the other room to ask your mom for the money or if things get tight inform your boss you can work night crew stocking shelves a couple of nights to afford it, but those of us with a single income and two children have different priorites, thanks. Just having cable or satellite is a luxury, and the extra 200 (not 160) for LP is too much extra when compared to getting a new washing machine or repairing the garage door, or putting in new carpet. Audio League Pass was free last year, so I had it for the first time ever. Following the Spurs via ESPN gamecast sucks.

ShoogarBear
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Some cable packages don't (or didn't use to) include NBA-TV with LP or any of their basic packages, but only as an add on. Don't know if that's still the case.