PDA

View Full Version : VY stop being a bitch!!!

traitoravery
09-08-2008, 03:01 AM
LINK (http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080908/COLUMNIST0202/809080334/1002)

Went to a football game on Sunday and a soap opera broke out.

Welcome to Titans '08. If the game is dull, just focus on the sideline. That's where the real drama unfolds.

It took only one game — a victory over Jacksonville, no less — for the season to take a strange turn. This team has issues at quarterback, be it a tight hamstring, a sprained knee, a bruised ego, a bad attitude or all of the above.

Frankly, it's hard to see the Titans taking flight if Vince Young doesn't get his act together — physically and emotionally. Playing great defense is one thing; having to constantly defend your quarterback is another.

By now you know the score: For whatever reason, Young appeared unwilling to take the field midway through the fourth quarter on Sunday afternoon after his second interception and a resulting cascade of boos from the fans at LP Field.

Eventually, he re-entered the game, only to suffer a knee injury four plays later. His day was done.

But the real story was just beginning.

We'll never know exactly what happened. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher immediately shifted into damage control. Young's teammates were guarded in their answers to questions about the quarterback.

As for Young, he was observed in the locker room on crutches more than an hour after game's end but left without speaking to reporters.

Mum's the word.

But there was no hiding the chaos when Young failed to join the rest of the offense on the field with 5:57 remaining and the Titans clinging to a 10-7 lead.

It appears that Young began to experience tightness in his hamstring after a short pass to his right was intercepted by defensive end Derrick Harvey.

Proper sideline protocol is for the player to notify a trainer about an injury, no matter if it's a tight hamstring or a severed limb.

But after throwing the interception and being booed, Young went to the bench. No medical personnel were summoned. When the defense forced a punt three plays later and the offense returned to the field, Young was AWOL.

That's when things grew frantic. It's hard to run a play without a quarterback.

"I came on the field and 10 wasn't in the huddle," center Kevin Mawae said. "I didn't know what the situation was."

Fisher then made a beeline to Young, standing several yards away.

After the game, Fisher recalled that his conversation with Young centered solely on the quarterback's hamstring.

"He said, 'It's tight,' and I said, 'If it's tight, we'll go with Kerry,' and try to talk him back into it and he felt good," Fisher said.

But considering how animated Fisher appeared as he talked with Young, it's hard to believe some other matters weren't discussed. From the outside looking in, Fisher seemed to all but throw Young back onto the field.

But it's no surprise that Fisher soft-pedaled this in the postgame interview. In two seasons, he always has been overly protective of his quarterback. It doesn't appear things are changing in Year 3.

It's time to get with the program. Young has to grow out of this. Sulking is no longer an option.

Handling the boos
This is the toughest part of the learning curve for Young. At the University of Texas, he could do no wrong. The NFL is a different matter.

Young made believers when he was NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2006. Despite some slippage last season, he quarterbacked the Titans to the playoffs.

But with a lousy preseason and the ugly residue of the season-opener, Young now has some catching up to do. His teammates still voice their support in interviews but you can sense some concerns creeping into the locker room.

"Part of playing quarterback in this league is the ups and downs," said Kerry Collins, who finished what Young started. "For a young guy, it's a hard thing to learn sometimes.

"There are times when you're going to get booed. There are times when things aren't going the way you want it to go. You've got to fight through it, and I believe he will. It's just part of the whole process. No quarterback has ever been immune to it."

Sounds like the real drama is just beginning.

timvp
09-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Vince Young sausage eaters to come to his defense in 3 .... 2 ...

benefactor
09-08-2008, 07:53 AM
As a Longhorns fan, I have lost a lot of respect for Young since he has left Texas. He talked a lot of crap about Houston for not taking him yet he has done nothing to show they should have...while the player they did take wound up with 14 sacks last year and started the season on the same tear yesterday.

Thanks for the Championship Vince...but you really need to quit being a bitch and take your lumps like a man.

ATRAIN
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
As a Longhorns fan, I have lost a lot of respect for Young since he has left Texas. He talked a lot of crap about Houston for not taking him yet he has done nothing to show they should have...while the player they did take wound up with 14 sacks last year and started the season on the same tear yesterday.

Thanks for the Championship Vince...but you really need to quit being a bitch and take your lumps like a man.

Horns fan too, but when they move on and especially to a rival I cut off all ties. Now that VY is supposedly out for the year its on to Collins hate. Wow 2 out of the 3 qb's that I hate are out for the season. 1 to go!!!

timvp
09-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Now that VY is supposedly out for the yearImpressive reading comprehension.

traitoravery
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Where does it say he will be out the year?

ATRAIN
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Where does it say he will be out the year?

It doesnt but a friend of mine heard it on sports radio last night. Everything I have read says around 3 weeks. I think the Tacks are better off.

Whisky Dog
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM

Aren't you a fAggie?

Cant_Be_Faded
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
timvp being the first to post in this thread in that manner is almost as funny as him being half aggie

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Yet another spoiled star player from under Mack Brown's tutelage unable to cope with life in the big league.... just sayin'.

timvp
09-09-2008, 06:57 AM

Aren't you a fAggie?

timvp being the first to post in this thread in that manner is almost as funny as him being half aggie

W

Predictable.

Kori Ellis
09-09-2008, 07:07 AM
:lmao @ timvp being an Aggie

His little brother went to A&M for a semester and then transferred because he didn't like it. That's about as close to Aggie as the Ellis family is.

j-6
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3577597

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville police were asked to search for Vince Young on Monday evening after family members placed a call to the Tennessee Titans informing them of their concern for the quarterback's state of mind.

According to Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron, Young "abruptly" left his home in Williamson County at around 7 p.m. Monday without his cell phone. Those with him at his home, including family members, were "concerned with his emotional well-being," Aaron said.

Police issued a bulletin to all on-duty officers to be on the lookout for Young and negotiators were also placed on stand-by, a procedure that is common in such situations, Aaron said.

Someone contacted Fisher out of concern for Young, and Fisher contacted the police department, police said.

"Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince," the Titans said in a statement Tuesday. "He was located at a friend's house, where we made contact with him.

"He then came to the practice facility, where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident," the Titans said.

Young left the facility by himself in his own vehicle after speaking with Fisher and officers, police said.

Young was booed during Sunday's season-opening victory over Jacksonville and did not finish the game because of an injury to his left knee. The Titans are expected to reveal results of an MRI on the knee sometime Tuesday, and possibly a timetable for the quarterback's return. Fisher said Monday it's not believed to be a season-ending injury, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported Young will miss two to four weeks.

After throwing an interception in the fourth quarter, Young was late to join the offense for its next series, creating speculation that he tried to take himself out of the game after throwing what was his second pick. He sat on the bench after that interception, seemingly unmoved by players and coaches who tried to console him, often holding his head in his hands.

Fisher explained Monday that the issue was tightness in Young's hamstring and that there wasn't clear communication on the sideline about his ability to return to the field. Young did return to the field, but four plays later he injured his knee.

jack sommerset
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Vince has a vaginia

traitoravery
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3577597

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville police were asked to search for Vince Young on Monday evening after family members placed a call to the Tennessee Titans informing them of their concern for the quarterback's state of mind.

According to Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron, Young "abruptly" left his home in Williamson County at around 7 p.m. Monday without his cell phone. Those with him at his home, including family members, were "concerned with his emotional well-being," Aaron said.

Police issued a bulletin to all on-duty officers to be on the lookout for Young and negotiators were also placed on stand-by, a procedure that is common in such situations, Aaron said.

Someone contacted Fisher out of concern for Young, and Fisher contacted the police department, police said.

"Not having all the facts available to us and approaching the matter prudently, we contacted Metro Police to make them aware of the situation and asked for their assistance in locating Vince," the Titans said in a statement Tuesday. "He was located at a friend's house, where we made contact with him.

"He then came to the practice facility, where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident," the Titans said.

Young left the facility by himself in his own vehicle after speaking with Fisher and officers, police said.

Young was booed during Sunday's season-opening victory over Jacksonville and did not finish the game because of an injury to his left knee. The Titans are expected to reveal results of an MRI on the knee sometime Tuesday, and possibly a timetable for the quarterback's return. Fisher said Monday it's not believed to be a season-ending injury, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported Young will miss two to four weeks.

After throwing an interception in the fourth quarter, Young was late to join the offense for its next series, creating speculation that he tried to take himself out of the game after throwing what was his second pick. He sat on the bench after that interception, seemingly unmoved by players and coaches who tried to console him, often holding his head in his hands.

Fisher explained Monday that the issue was tightness in Young's hamstring and that there wasn't clear communication on the sideline about his ability to return to the field. Young did return to the field, but four plays later he injured his knee.

WOW just WOW....Can you say Ryan Leaf....I hope to god not because the Titans are my team but WOW.

Kermit
09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
So now if you look up overreaction in the dictionary, Jeff Fisher along with Vince Young's entourage will be the featured photograph.

Cue the jokes about Vince trying to shoot himself but missing and blaming it on the quality of the bullets.

monosylab1k
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
:lmao talk about making something out of nothing.

So everytime someone gets upset and leaves the house to vent, he's a mental health risk and needs the cops called in to find him?

Spuradicator
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
nothing but a little drama folks. Titans still won, but that was an ugly game.

MajorMike
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
The Titans said people close to Young called the team Monday night, concerned about his state of mind when he left his home.

"He was located at a friend's house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded, and he returned home without incident," the Titans said in a statement.

Young's MRI exam was rescheduled for Tuesday from Monday with no explanation. Fisher said Monday if the injury is a third-degree MCL sprain, Young probably would miss a couple weeks and not be 100 percent for up to four weeks.

Veteran Kerry Collins is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the Titans worked out Quinn Gray on Tuesday. The team also was looking at QB Joey Harrington and a handful of receivers, including Glenn Martinez and Chad Jackson.

timvp
09-09-2008, 04:12 PM
UT is great at producing emos.

johngateswhiteley
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
ricky williams part two. except vyoung blows in the NFL...which most, with a brain, saw coming.

timvp
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
ricky williams part two. No that was Cedric Benson.

dirk4mvp
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
wtf. Ricky was at least good.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
:lmao timvp owned himself by his own first post in this thread

timvp
09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
:lmao timvp owned himself by his own first post in this threadI predicted you'd come sprinting into t his thread.

And so it was.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
And if I would have viewed it first I would have predicted you predicting others to sprint into this thread.

timvp
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
And if I would have viewed it first I would have predicted you predicting others to sprint into this thread.So you would have sprinted to the thread with VY sausage in hand predicting that someone else will come in and predict that you will sprint in?

Gotcha :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Nope, would have left the sausage in the fridge and said typical instant timvp vy post in 3...2...
you sprinted in here faster than sausage holders...what does that tell you?
And I haven't defended him in this thread. Dude needs to shut up and play if the rumors are true.

timvp
09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Nope, would have left the sausage in the fridge and said typical instant timvp vy post in 3...2...Link to these typical posts?

you sprinted in here faster than sausage holders...what does that tell you?It tells me I had to sprint in before the sausage holders in order to make the prediction.

And I haven't defended him in this thread.

if the rumors are true.

ROFL.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-09-2008, 09:52 PM
It tells me I had to sprint in before the sausage holders in order to make the prediction.

ROFL.

Exactly.

Evan
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Not sure if its been said yet but I am sure there is a bit more to this story that won't come out for awhile.

monosylab1k
09-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Not sure if its been said yet but I am sure there is a bit more to this story that won't come out for awhile.

Yeah some more has come out. I really hope the guy is mentally healthy right now.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909129/-1/RSS05

Felicia Young has seen her son experience the ups and downs that go with being a football star.

On Monday night, she saw 25-year-old Vince Young sink to his lowest point. It ended with Coach Jeff Fisher calling Metro Police to search for her son for over four hours, and opened the biggest window yet into the emotional and troubled side of the Titans quarterback.

A psychologist was among those who met with Young at his Brentwood home on Monday, and what she concluded and told team officials led to a bizarre, 24-hour period that ended just after midnight Tuesday morning. That’s when Fisher met with Young and police at Baptist Sports Park.

Felicia Young said her son has grown weary of all the negativity he faces as an NFL star. On Monday, he indicated to those around him he didn’t want to play football any more.

“Vince has gone through a whole lot as a young person,’’ Felicia Young said. “And I think he has done pretty well up to this point. But it is hard, all he is going through right now. He’s hurting inside and out.

“But he will be fine if people are prayerful and help my baby boy out. He is a young man. He just needs a lot of love and support.’’

When the frantic search for Young ended, Fisher and the Titans said the incident had been blown out of proportion. So did some of Young’s friends and family.

But the events that led up to it all — and the fact Fisher called police — showed just how much concern the team has regarding the mental state of Young, who suffered a left knee injury in Sunday’s season opening win over the Jaguars. Young opted not to get an MRI of the knee on Monday; an MRI on Tuesday revealed he has a sprained MCL that could keep him out anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

The Titans, meanwhile, were making plans to go on without him.

“In a major city police department we have calls like this all the time about people who fear for their loved ones … the difference here being Vince Young’s notoriety,’’ Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said. “When the police department gets such calls, you have to take them seriously. You never know how these issues will ultimately turn out. The concerns of (Monday) night appear to be unfounded.’’

The Titans had concerns about Young even before late Monday night.

After Young balked at having the MRI on Monday, Fisher went out and talked to him at his Brentwood home, spending over an hour with him. The Titans also sent a psychologist, Dr. Sheila Peters, and Tina Tuggle, the team’s Director of Player Development, to meet with Young to try and encourage him.

The psychologist said Young was extremely depressed and expressed concerns to the team about Young’s safety. Later, Young left the house and sped off in his Mercedes Benz without his cell phone. He couldn’t be found for some time, which prompted a phone call to Fisher.

Fisher then called police, who began searching for Young. When Young was finally tracked down, he met with Fisher and police at Baptist Sports Park and eventually went home.

“The people that are closest to Vince inform(ed) us that he had left his house in a state of mind that had them concerned; and that he was unreachable, having left his cell phone at the house,’’ Fisher said in a statement. “(Later) it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded and he returned home without incident.’’

According to police, Young had a handgun in the glove compartment of his vehicle, but it was not loaded and Aaron said officers had no concerns about Young trying to harm himself. Young was not charged with any crime because it’s not a violation of the law in Tennessee to transport an unloaded firearm with no ammunition in a motor vehicle.

“The fact the gun was in the glove compartment and was unloaded did not present an issue for the officers,’’ Aaron said. “There was no ammunition in the car. The gun was unloaded. The slide was back in a safe position, and it was in the glove box.’’

A friend of Young’s said on Tuesday the quarterback was with him watching Monday Night Football in Steve McNair’s office in Nashville when police were searching for Young, and neither had any idea anyone was looking for him. Earlier, the two had stopped by Nuttin’ but Wings on Jefferson Street and exchanged autographs for free wings, Raymond White said.

“We sat around watching football and eating chicken wings,’’ said White “Everything was fine. There was no problem.’’

Agent Major Adams, who represents Young, said on Tuesday the quarterback was shocked at all the attention the story generated on Tuesday.

“He understands that people care about him and all that; that is the good part of it,’’ Adams said. “But to have it all blow up like it was … Vince feels like he can’t go anywhere without people knowing where he is 24 hours a day. That’s the only negative part of it. He’s fine.’’

The events of the last 48 hours, however, have clearly left a lasting mark on both Young and the Titans.

On Sunday, before Young was injured against the Jaguars, he initially refused to re-enter the game after throwing an interception and getting booed by fans. His decision to ignore the team’s request for him to have the MRI created even more friction between the player and the team, and indications last night were the Titans have turned the team over to back-up quarterback Kerry Collins.

Even when Young returns from his injury, he might not get his job back.

The Titans believe Young’s injury is one that will keep him out anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

Then there’s the question about whether Young is interested in returning, something he mentioned to those who were with him on Monday.

“What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?’’ Felicia Young asked. “He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

“But we’re not talking about football right now. We’re talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing.

“… You don’t want people to be hurting like he is. But it is a growing-up process, and he will eventually come out like gold no matter what. But Vince is going to be OK. We are just going to try and give him some space.”

Spurminator
09-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Mario Williams is a wizard. There can be no other explanation.

monosylab1k
09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
I have a feeling he's on drugs. There's no way the guy who was so confident and such a winner in college and in his rookie year could have fallen this far on his own.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Seriously, I think this is a side effect of VY being raised by only women and being coddled without having a dominant male influence to help him grow out of his boyhood and face the challenges of being a man, especially a dominant leader of men that he needs to be in his career. At Texas he was still close to home and never faced the challenge of leading a large group of multimillionaire men, many of whom are several years older than him. He is far too sensitive to the thoughts and feelings other people have of him (a very strong feminine psychological trait), and that seems to be the problem here. His situation isn't uncommon, a lot of men I've met have never really grown out of boyhood mentally and emotionally.

j-6
09-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I have a feeling he's on drugs. There's no way the guy who was so confident and such a winner in college and in his rookie year could have fallen this far on his own.

It's an ego thing. He's been Superman since before he had a drivers license at Madison and then at UT. Now he's a heavily criticized mortal and he can't take it. This is the second time I've heard the "VY doesn't want to play anymore" line.

What I don't get is that he's gone through three training camps and seen teammates get cut that would kill to be an NFL player, then throws temper tantrums when the team wants him to get an MRI. Then he ''disappears'' after he gets the results. It's almost like he wanted a career-ending injury.

Fabbs
09-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Harsh.
I saw the Titan-charger game in person and it certainly was not VYs fault the Titans lost. Dropped passes, fumble at the 10 yard line, shanked 30 yard field goal.

QB in his second year goes 10-6 and gets team to Wildcard. That's not bad.

T Park
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
He seems like a good guy, its a shame that hes all screwed up.

Hope he can get some help and get fixed soon.

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Harsh.
I saw the Titan-charger game in person and it certainly was not VYs fault the Titans lost. Dropped passes, fumble at the 10 yard line, shanked 30 yard field goal.

QB in his second year goes 10-6 and gets team to Wildcard. That's not bad.

Don't be fooled its wasnt him that led them to the playoffs. It was the Titans Defense, which is the only reason why they won this game last week.

monosylab1k
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't be fooled its wasnt him that led them to the playoffs. It was the Titans Defense, which is the only reason why they won this game last week.

:rolleyes I'm guessing it also isn't Matt Schaub's fault when the Texans get faceraped every weekend?

Evan
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
So now Vince's mom says he isn't sure he wants to play anymore...yikes.

Fabbs
09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
True, but people also used to and still do bag on Trent Dilfer for the year he and the Ravens D won the Superbowl. I haven't seen any other QB title with that Ravens D.

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
:rolleyes I'm guessing it also isn't Matt Schaub's fault when the Texans get faceraped every weekend?

Nah this past week the Steelers Defense ripped his ass hole apart. He made some very poor decisions on offense. He is probably 80% to blame for the ass raping this past sunday. Mono are you still crying cause your man Brady is out for the season?

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 12:13 PM
True, but people also used to and still do bag on Trent Dilfer for the year he and the Ravens D won the Superbowl. I haven't seen any other QB title with that Ravens D.

Trent sucked and yeah thats a good comparison, only thing is its not the same D it was back then. Same situation would go for Chicago a few years ago. That D and special teams was amazing. The Offense, yeah not so much.

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
So now Vince's mom says he isn't sure he wants to play anymore...yikes.

Yeah I hope the guy invested his money. He should have stayed in college and played 2 more years. Its apparent that he wasn't ready mentally and he still had more to learn about the game. He could have worked on his passing game which has come back to haunt him. He isnt used to being booed and they booed the shit out of him sunday.

monosylab1k
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Nah this past week the Steelers Defense ripped his ass hole apart. He made some very poor decisions on offense. He is probably 80% to blame for the ass raping this past sunday. Mono are you still crying cause your man Brady is out for the season?

No I'm just fine. We lost the most valuable player in the league and we're still better than the Texans. If anything, you should be the one crying.

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
No I'm just fine. We lost the most valuable player in the league and we're still better than the Texans. If anything, you should be the one crying.

LOL man you barely beat the Chiefs and your still talking shit. Funny thing is this is a VY topic and you bring up the Texans just to try to get under my skin. You really are a little bitch arent you.

Fabbs
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Trent sucked and yeah thats a good comparison, only thing is its not the same D it was back then. Same situation would go for Chicago a few years ago. That D and special teams was amazing. The Offense, yeah not so much.
After leading the Ravens to the Bowl he was traded and sat on the bench in Seattle. With the Seahawks fighting for a playoff bid, Dilfer got the final two starts of the year due to injury. Won them both, got playoff bid, passer rating 92.0

That left Dilfer 50-39 as a starter. How many other NFL QBs were/are 50-39 after 90 starts? To the point, the one year with Balti he did just fine.

Ditto with Grossy. While he has sucked bad at times, he also went over 100 passer rating for 7 of the Bears 13 wins. NFC title game he went 20-28, albiet with two INTs. That is not sucking, sorry. Otherwise, yes he has sucked.

benefactor
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/02/19/gerber_2_piece_size_1_latex_nuk_pacifier_reviews_2 97354_300.jpg

...grow a pair, Vince.

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
After leading the Ravens to the Bowl he was traded and sat on the bench in Seattle. With the Seahawks fighting for a playoff bid, Dilfer got the final two starts of the year due to injury. Won them both, got playoff bid, passer rating 92.0

That left Dilfer 50-39 as a starter. How many other NFL QBs were/are 50-39 after 90 starts? To the point, the one year with Balti he did just fine.

Ditto with Grossy. While he has sucked bad at times, he also went over 100 passer rating for 7 of the Bears 13 wins. NFC title game he went 20-28, albiet with two INTs. That is not sucking, sorry. Otherwise, yes he has sucked.

Oh don't get me wrong Gross had his games where he did good, but all in all he sucked. Thing is Fabbs every guy 1st, 2nd, or 3rd stringer is a PRO football player. Given a great D, they should win a lot of games. That is my point really. I mean look at Brad Johnson with his SB years with the bucks. They had a bad ass def. The offense was just OK at best. VY just isnt a smart player on the field, makes bad decisions, never really did his homework according to the Titans center, and hasnt improved his accuracy and now he is letting his emotions get the best of him. IMO he is done, and will possibly retire after this season. He talked about it once and his mom makes it seem like thats what he wants to do again.

Duff McCartney
09-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Looks like that Wonderlic test rumor that came out when Vince got drafted wasn't all that exagerated. Didn't he score like a 6?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Million dollar arm(and feet), ten cent head.

MajorMike
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
lol

traitoravery
09-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe hes GAY...Didnt some rumors come out during the summer or some pictures or something...

ATRAIN
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Maybe hes GAY...Didnt some rumors come out during the summer or some pictures or something...

LOL yeah the sausage party

JamStone
09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Mo' money, mo' problems...

It's interesting to hear what Whitlock said and hear everyone psycho-analyze Vince Young like they can pinpoint the cause of this. I mean, the world is made up of what 7-8 billion people. There is going to be a percentage--no matter what sample (whether field, race, religion, nation, city or any other categorization)--of people that have some sort of problems mentally and/or emotionally. It's not mainly because he was raised by women or had no father figure early in his life. He could very easily just be in that small percentage of people that get depressed, can't handle certain pressures or stresses in life. I think it's wrong for people to assume it's his upbringing or it's somehow the fault of his mother or the influence of friends. If those were really big factors, it's hard to believe he'd have gotten to where he is now, a multi-millionaire athlete playing at the highest level of competition in football.

It's unfortunate that whatever he's going through may jeopardize his once very promising career, but some of these people that are spitting out theories need to let it play out and relax on the "single parent" or "from the ghetto" stereotypical propaganda of the black athlete.

T Park
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM

What difference would that make honestly?

BUMP
09-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Merril Hodge is smiling somewhere:hat

jack sommerset
09-11-2008, 08:02 PM
What difference would that make honestly?

Looking at all that cock would distract him. Plus gays are sensitive. The reports say his feelings get hurt when he gets boo'd. Thats not good. Sounds like he sucks dick.