PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Will Undergo Surgery On Pinkie

Spurs Brazil
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Kobe Will Undergo Surgery On Pinkie

Sep 08, 2008 3:56 PM EST
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant announced on Monday that he will undergo surgery to repair damage to his right pinkie finger, according to ESPN.com.

Kobe plans to reveal his plans on his website, KB24.com, at some point and specify the date he intends to have the procedure.

Recovery time is expected to be at least six weeks for Bryant, who averaged 28.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.84 steals while playing in 82 games last season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54322/20080908/kobe_will_undergo_surgery_on_pinkie/

tlongII
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
He clearly won't be ready for the season opener.

ducks
09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
this is another player like manu that put playing in the stupid games
above his team that pays him to play ball
another example of a self centered person

TheNextGen
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
this is another player like manu that put playing in the stupid games
above his team that pays him to play ball
another example of a self centered person

you must be joking.

Medvedenko
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
So he's announcing that he's going to announce his surgery soon.....yep, that's Kobe.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
So he's announcing that he's going to announce his surgery soon.....yep, that's Kobe.

To be followed by an interview on ESPN in which he announces that he'll have no surgery. And an interview on L.A. sports radio tomorrow saying that he's getting the surgery. And then Phil will say that he spoke with Kobe and he's not getting any surgery. And then Kobe will make a press release saying that he's already received a local anesthetic. And then Stephen A.'s sources will tell him that he's already had the surgery. Only to be trumped by Peter Vescey's sources saying that Kobe needs a kidney and the pinkie story is just a front. At which point it will be revealed that Kobe had it amputated Ronnie Lott style just to prove what a warrior he is. Reached for a comment Shaq will say that its simply an attempt to make his hands look less empty because of all the rings that he won't be winning with Shaq out of LA.

Brutalis
Kobe, when Shaq asked how his ass tastes he didn't mean stick your pinkie in there. See what happens when you take the bait??

Reggie Miller
Ironically, I broke my pinky playing basketball a few years ago and severed a tendon (bone fragment). The orthopaedic surgeon tried to get me to have surgery instead of just setting the bone. I said, "on my LEFT hand, with no insurance! Who do you think I am, Kobe Bryant!!!"

Sort of a pointless story, but true...

angelbelow
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
im looking to draft kobe for fantasy so hopefully he'll be healthy.

baseline bum
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Seriously NextGen, drop the Spurs fan act. It's no more believable than bobbyjoe pretending to be a Laker fan and only showing up in Hakeem threads here.

TheNextGen
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Seriously NextGen, drop the Spurs fan act. It's no more believable than bobbyjoe pretending to be a Laker fan and only showing up in Hakeem threads here.

So let me get this straight. Kobe is self centered because he waited to get surgery after the Finals and after helping USA get Gold and before the 09 season starts?

Am i suppose to sit around and agree with Ducks?

rAm
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
So let me get this straight. Kobe is self centered because he waited to get surgery after the Finals and after helping USA get Gold and before the 09 season starts?

He has a point.

baseline bum
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM

The only posts you ever make here are in Kobe Bryant threads. It's ok to admit to being a Laker fan.

TheNextGen
09-08-2008, 05:12 PM
The only posts you ever make here are in Kobe Bryant threads. It's ok to admit to being a Laker fan.

Everyone in here knows im a Kobe fan. Kind of hard to deny when i back him up. Just like everyone in here knows you are a Kobe hater. It is what it is. So you are calling me out for disagreeing with Ducks? Heck...i bet even most Kobe haters have to disagree with Ducks.

baseline bum
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Mix in a basketball take somewhere other than Kobe theads then.

TheNextGen
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Mix in a basketball take somewhere other than Kobe theads then.

Yes sir! Mr Forum Police!

IronMexican
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Ironically, I broke my pinky playing basketball a few years ago and severed a tendon (bone fragment). The orthopaedic surgeon tried to get me to have surgery instead of just setting the bone. I said, "on my LEFT hand, with no insurance! Who do you think I am, Kobe Bryant!!!"

Sort of a pointless story, but true...

TNT must suck at insurance.

And Kobe is definitely playing in the season opener.

tlongII
09-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Kobe should sit out the season opener. He shouldn't risk losing his finger against that monster in the middle.

TheMadHatter
09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Your a fool if you think KB24 will miss the season opener.

Banzai
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Kobe should sit out the season opener. He shouldn't risk losing his finger against that monster in the middle.

:rolleyes