PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy of the NFL

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
TO gets 15 yards for his little starter's block celebration. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers can score a one yard sneak, get up, spike the ball, go do a Lambeau Leap, no flag.

Fuck that.

Trainwreck2100
09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
TO gets 15 yards for his little starter's block celebration. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers can score a one yard sneak, get up, spike the ball, go do a Lambeau Leap, no flag.

Fuck that.

Spikes and lambeau leaps aren't against the rules. He put his hand on the ground after he got up, that is.

MajorMike
09-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Maybe cause TO is a dick?

DBryant88
09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
mabeye cause they know T.O. and Wade Phillips dont care

Taco
09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Spikes and lambeau leaps aren't against the rules. He put his hand on the ground after he got up, that is.

question about a hand and knee to the ground.

http://x47.xanga.com/463c011372231171820107/z130467260.jpg
So if a player scores a touchdown and goes down to one knee and says a little prayer will this be flagged?

monosylab1k
09-09-2008, 08:38 AM
he got flagged because he used the ball as a prop, you can't do that.

and the hand or knee on the ground rule is only for elaborate celebrations, it doesn't apply when the guy wants to pray to 8lb. 6oz. Baby Jesus.

EDIT: just read that someone actually has gotten flagged for praying to Baby Jesus, but can't confirm it. Does anyone know for sure?

stretch
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM
he got flagged because he used the ball as a prop, you can't do that.

actually he got flagged for getting on his knee. he never used the ball as a prop. he just dropped it randomly.

but what i dont get is this... the NFL, NBA, etc... do not want any chance of there being issues with players and fans interacting and a lawsuit coming of it. so they think its fine for a player to jump into a crowd of people and potentially hurt them, as opposed to someone doing a short harmless 3 second celebration? gay.

BacktoBasics
09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Why the fuck can we not let these guys have fun in the first place.

JamStone
09-09-2008, 02:02 PM
No. Fun. League.

Stern started infecting other commissioners years ago.

monosylab1k
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
he never used the ball as a prop.

he put the ball behind his foot like it was a starting block.

stretch
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
he put the ball behind his foot like it was a starting block.

Actually he didn't. He just dropped the ball on the grounds, and after it bounced off his foot, it sorta rolled back behind his feet, but it clearly was not put there to be a starting block.

RNUiR2zlO-o

dirk4mvp
09-09-2008, 03:55 PM
^ lol who is that talkin in the video?

Obstructed_View
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm having trouble understanding how Tony Romo gets speared in the chin and there's no flag, but Brett Favre hands the ball off two plays after a great play action fake resulting in a touchdown and they flag the guy that tackles him. I'm still wondering what the infraction was. "Roughing the hander-offer" isn't a call I've ever seen the NFL refs make.

And TO's a dumbass for even taking the risk of forcing his defense into a short field. He should spike the ball or go to the fucking sideline by now, as these retarded end zone celebrations are really trite. It's a good thing Cleveland completely sucks. Someone should make him help cover the kickoff every time he does that shit.

bresilhac
09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Give me a fucking break. Dallas has traditionally enjoyed the benefits of one-sided officiating for decades. They are the league's darling team and everyone knows it. Just ask fans from around the league. Dallas has been given more gifts from officials than any other team in history. And cowpig fans are going to bitch about one stupid call on Owens? That's completely whiny and ridiculous.

Whisky Dog
09-10-2008, 05:44 AM
^^^ Sure, that's why they get penalized more than a lot of teams in the league, including that stupid pass interference penalty on TO last Sunday. This isn't the NBA with rigged gambling junkie refs and "superstar treatment", it's a fairly officiated game so stop being a whiny, hating little bitch.

fyatuk
09-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Give me a fucking break. Dallas has traditionally enjoyed the benefits of one-sided officiating for decades. They are the league's darling team and everyone knows it. Just ask fans from around the league. Dallas has been given more gifts from officials than any other team in history. And cowpig fans are going to bitch about one stupid call on Owens? That's completely whiny and ridiculous.

Eh, my problem is just with the rule. That was a decent celebration by TO. It didn't take too much time, it wasn't vulgar in any way, and it wasn't aimed at humiliating the other team.

I like seeing the players have fun, so it annoys me that players aren't allowed to have fun celebrating. You can no longer spike the ball after a big first down, etc, etc, etc. What's wrong with having personality in a game?

Fabbs
09-10-2008, 12:52 PM
^^ agree that TO celebration was tame.
Loosen up the rules.

OTOH i was and am very surprised some db doesn't take a missle hit on TO.
I remember when buttlipps Michael Irving used to do his "worship me" celebration. Have NO idea why some defender didn't take his head off the next possession.

bresilhac
09-11-2008, 05:59 AM
^^^ Sure, that's why they get penalized more than a lot of teams in the league, including that stupid pass interference penalty on TO last Sunday. This isn't the NBA with rigged gambling junkie refs and "superstar treatment", it's a fairly officiated game so stop being a whiny, hating little bitch.

I'm talking about history stupid ass. Going back to the seventies Dallas has gotten its way with the officials more often than not. Trust me I'm a Redskin fan I know of these things. If those cowpussies had been treated fairly all these years they wouldn't have half the championships that they do now. And if you think there is complete fairness in NFL officiating you're as dumb as you fucking sound. Remember the Pittsburgh/Seattle Superbowl of a few years back? That game was a blatant example of one-sided officiating. There have been countless other examples.

Flight3107
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm a Redskin fan

No one cares, your team sucks.

The Instigator
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Fuck that.

stop whining you fucking retard! whaaa how come he doesnt get a penalty whaaaa!!!!!!! STFU ASAP

stretch
09-11-2008, 01:40 PM
stop whining you fucking retard! whaaa how come he doesnt get a penalty whaaaa!!!!!!! STFU ASAP

:lol

monosylab1k
09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
on NFL Network the head of officiating said that players are allowed to pray to 8lb. 6oz. Baby Jesus.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
on NFL Network the head of officiating said that players are allowed to pray to 8lb. 6oz. Baby Jesus.

I saw that too.
What a crock.

Obstructed_View
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm talking about history stupid ass. Going back to the seventies Dallas has gotten its way with the officials more often than not. Trust me I'm a Redskin fan I know of these things. If those cowpussies had been treated fairly all these years they wouldn't have half the championships that they do now. And if you think there is complete fairness in NFL officiating you're as dumb as you fucking sound. Remember the Pittsburgh/Seattle Superbowl of a few years back? That game was a blatant example of one-sided officiating. There have been countless other examples.

:lol

Whisky Dog
09-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Going back to the seventies Dallas has gotten its way with the officials more often than not. Trust me I'm a Redskin fan I know of these things.

:rollin

:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:w hine:whine:whine
:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine